Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Demon Lord

Chapter 6

by Dragen 17 reviews

Chapter 5 of Demon Lord... PLEASE reread and REVIEW!!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-08-30 - Updated: 2010-08-30 - 3646 words

5Illiterate
Authors Note: Now before we begin the next chapter of Demon Lord, I would like to thank all of you who have reviewed this story so far. I got many great reviews and ideas for the story, but I also got some bad reviews. And considering thee kind of story this is, I was suspecting a lot more, but yet I didn’t. The main bad reviews were mainly about my spelling and my grammar, which I explained about in my last chapter. Now to those who say I need I beta reader, I would like to say that I’ve got two now: MarinePotterfan and Pjokstr.

Now there’s one review from the last chapter that I want to talk about, this review is from lobothesacred25. The first part I want to talk about is this part of lobothesacred25’s review: Also, why does Harry have so little control of himself. Harry is a strong willed-character in the books that is stubborn beyond belief and doesn't give in even under pressure. There doesn't appear to be any reason for a character that has such a high-level of self-control in the canon book to have next to no control in this story. Yes it does look like that Harry looks like he is weak willed for allowing himself being taken over his demon side. But as I see it, demons are much stronger then anything that Harry or any wizards has seen in a LONG time, so I can see it is only natural for Harry to loss the battle of the wills against the demon side of things. But I have shown him having some great will power for fighting his sexual urges, as if he didn’t, he would have fucked the Malkin's and Daphne…

The next part of lobothesacred25’s review that I want to talk about is this: It is hinted at that the goblins and others have fought against the demon lord in the past. Yet, they seem unwilling to challenge Harry who is the new demon lord. Why? On that I have to say, oops my bad. You see before I rewrote chapter three, Harry was just going shopping and then find the girl in trouble, but then I came up with the idea of the memory Lily and the history of the Demon Lord and Demon King. So when I rewrote chapter to add the history, I forgot about how easy Ragnok, although fearfully, helped Harry. So in this chapter I going to explain why he is helping the Demon Lord, I hope that it'll be something you can all agree on.

Now without more delay, on with the story…

Chapter 6!

As Harry entered the back, he saw Dumbledore along with the Weasleys and Hermione, being severed by a goblin. Harry was glad he was a few people behind them and wearing a hood, as he feared that Dumbledore would try and send him back to the Dursleys. Anyway, after hearing that they were there for the Will Reading of Sirius Black, a goblin escorted them a Waiting Room. As Harry was waiting to be seen, he saw Kabn enter the bank and walk towards him.

As Kabn entered the bank and walked towards him, people begun to looks at him. You see it is rare for a goblin to seek out a human unless they done something, or a goblin needed to talk to that person. Either way, people watched to see what the goblin wanted from the hooded person, but they were disappointed when Kabn whispered softly so that only the hooded person could hear him, “Lord Potter-Black, Director Ragnok would like a word with you before Lord Black's Will Reading.” With a nod, Harry followed Kabn to Director Ragnok's office.

0o0o0o0

Chief Elder Ragnok, the leader of the Goblin Nation and the Director of the British Gringotts main bank, was seating in his office thinking what he should do with the new Demon Lord. Since the beginning of goblin history, the Goblin Nation has always fought against the Demon Lord. The reason was that they had always tried to free the King of Demons, Apollyon, from the Gates of Hell that he was imprisoned in. Freeing Apollyon was not in the best interest of the old Chief Elder's of the Goblin Nation. So whenever a new Demon Lord would appear, the Goblin Nation would help to defeat the new Demon Lord before he got to strong to defeat again.

However, that all changed around a thousand years ago, when the last Chief Elder, Grilsak, decided to help the new Demon Lord at the time, after learning he wasn't going to free the King of Demons of course. The reason for this was a simple one, for a long time now the Wizarding World have been treating the Goblin Nation has lower class citizens and were slowly taking their rights that they earned over time away from them. So when Grilsak heard that the Demon Lord was trying to take over the world, Grilsak agreed to help the demon, in the return for land and their rights that were taken from them back. The Demon Lord was more then happy to agree with Grilsak’s terms, as he knew how great of the warriors they were. However, before the Demon Lord was strong enough to start his plans to take over the world, he was defeated and killed by one of goblin clans. Because of this setback it took the Goblin Nation another three hundred years or so for fighting for their rights, and to get some of their land back. After many wars, they only got very little of their rights back, and tiny bit of their land, and in return they would run Gringotts Bank which would be part of their land and run it as they liked. This wasn't what Goblin Nation wanted, but after many of their kind being killed due to all of the fighting, the new Chief Elder, Bnuzk - who took over after Grilsak dead in one of their wars with the wizards - decided that they would accept the offer.

With a new Demon Lord appearing, as the Chief Elder, Ragnok knew it was his place to think what to do for the best interest of the Goblin Nation. A part of him didn't want much to do with the new Demon Lord, be it Lord Potter-Black or not, as he feared what would happen if this Demon Lord was defeated and people learned their part in helping the Demon Lord. But yet another part of him thought it would be in the best interest of the Goblin Nation, to work with the new Demon Lord. The reason behind it was because he had a rare ability for a goblin known as foresight. It was an ability to predict, or the action of predicting, what will happen or what is needed in the future. This what made him a great Chief Elder, as he used this ability to make more money for the Goblin Nation, and make the lives of his people better. However, lately his ability was warning of an upcoming great war, not this war with the latest Dark Lord, but something greater and more dangerous then the current war, and it would change the whole world. He also sensed that like this war, Lord Potter-Black would be in the centre of it all - but until now he didn’t know how he was in the centre of it all. He suspected that because of Lord Potter-Black the new Demon Lord, the new war was going to be one involving demons. But what bothered Ragnok was how they were going to be involved, were they going to help Lord Potter-Black to free Apollyon. Or would they help the new Demon Lord to take over the world, just like the last Demon Lord tried to do. Be it good or bad, Ragnok knew that this war had to happen. So he decided that he would prepare his race, be it to fight the Demon Lord to stop him freeing King of Demons, or to help him to take over the world.

Now although he wouldn’t help the new Demon Lord directly, he would help him here and there so that the Lord Potter-Black would keep them in his good books. Thinking about keeping the Goblin Nation in the good books of the Demon Lord, he feared that could be short lived. As he found out that Account Manager Lolamak and his assistant Trainee Account Manager Griphook, have been helping Lord Dumbledore to steal from the Potter's Family Vault. As he looked at the list at what Account Manager Lolamak, Trainee Account Manager Griphook and Lord Dumbledore had been up to, Raknog feared that Lord Potter-Black would blame the whole Goblin Nation for what happened. He knew from reports that he got on Lord Potter-Black, the old Lord Harry Potter wouldn't blame the Nation for something a few people had done. However, with him becoming the Demon Lord, he didn't know how Lord Potter-Black was going to react. So to try and lessen the outcome, he had asked Kabn to ask Lord Potter-Black to see him when he returned from his shopping trip. His plan was apart for showing what Account Manager Lolamak, Trainee Account Manager Griphook and Lord Dumbledore had been up to and promised to do everything he could to get his money back, he was going to give him a few gifts as a way of an apologize. As he was thinking about what he should do with Lord Potter-Black, and him being the Demon Lord, the person of his thoughts came into his office with Kabn. As Lord Potter-Black entered his office, Ragnok felt that the young Demon Lord was a bit stronger then two hours ago. That's when he realized that Lord Potter-Black had taken the powers of another person. Knowing this, he knew that he had to be extra careful. From what Chief Elder Grilsak wrote in his journeys about the Demon Lord that he worked with, whenever he took the powers of another person, his temper would be higher then more for a few days. Not wanting to make the young Demon Lord wait any longer, he said “Thank you Lord Potter-Black for coming at short notice.”

“No problem Director, Kabn said you needed to talk to me,” said Harry.

“Yes I do,” said Ragnok, he was now fearing what he was about to tell the young Lord, “Now I know that Lord Black's Will Reading is meant to be read shortly, but I thought this was important to tell you now. You see, I just got some reports that Account Manager Lolamak and his assistant Trainee Account Manager Griphook, who are the Managers for the Potter Family Vault, have been helping Lord Dumbledore to steal from you.”

“WHAT!” Harry shouted angrily, and his magic reacted to his mood as it shook the items in Ragnok's office. Then with a hiss, he said “I'm guessing this is being sorted out,” which Ragnok give Harry a nod that he is doing something, taking a few deep breaths, he went on, “Good, do you know how much they took?”

“A rough estimate,” he then gave Lord Potter-Black the parchment with the amount of money stolen from him. He thought that it would be better if Lord Potter-Black read what was taken then him telling the young Demon Lord, as he was afraid what Lord Potter-Black would do if he told Lord Potter-Black how much was taken and where it went.

Ragnok was glad that he didn’t tell the young Demon Lord anything, as when Harry read the preachment, his magic begun to become violent. The things on Ragnok’s wall begun to shake, so much that some of the things begun to fall off the wall. He now had a visible aura, which was a dark red, and his magic started to crackle. It took everything that Harry had not to leave the office, and go to the Waiting Room where the people who betrayed him were and kill them all. You see Dumbledore with the help of Account Manager Lolamak and Trainee Account Manager Griphook, had stolen over forty million Galleons. Both Account Manager Lolamak and Trainee Account Manager Griphook took ten million Galleons each for themselves, whilst Dumbledore kept the rest. With the rest of the money, he opened a few vaults. These vaults were for the Phoenix Trust, Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Arthur and Molly Weasley, Hermione Granger, Severus Snape and himself.

Now he was angry at his so called friends, as he knew that the reason they were getting some of his money was because it meant they were spying on. He was angry at Dumbledore a lot more then them, as not only did he get his friends to spy on him, and paying them with HIS money, he was giving Snape money from his Family Vault and using his money to fund the Order. Arthur and Molly Weasley, he wasn’t sure how to feel about them and how they came into it all, but he was also partly angry at them too. But all in all, he was very angry at the people that he cared about and he thought they cared about him.

Thinking about what he should do next, he asked Ragnok as calmly as he could, “Director Ragnok, I was wondering what you are doing about all this?”

“Account Manager Lolamak and Trainee Account Manager Griphook has been dealt with, and your money along with the interest that you meant to have with it is back in the Potters Family Vault,” Ragnok said with a gram smile, the two goblins was indeed been dealt with. Now normally when a goblin stole from a client, they would be demoted and be sent to the covens to clean dragon shit. However, seeing that Lord Potter-Black was a high profile client and the new Demon Lord, these two goblins needed to be punished hasher to be made an example of. So he had they heads removed, and placed in the dining hall to show what would happen to other who think of doing something simmer. “As for the humans, I haven’t decided yet, for now I have frozen their vaults. I thought it would be best if you decided their fates for stealing from you.”

“Thank you Director Ragnok, I penetrate the thought, I’ll think about what should happen next,” Harry said as he thought about what he should do next, “If there is nothing else, I be off to Sirius’s Will Reading.”

“Yes just a few things my Lord,” said Ragnok, “First off I would like to inform you that as the main benefactor, you can ban people from the reading. However, there are a few people who you can not tell to leave; these are those who are in the will, family members and the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Madam Amelia Bones and the two Aurors that’ll be with her. Other than them, you can kick out anyone you like.”

“Why will Madam Bones and the Aurors be there for?” asked Harry.

“Although Lord Black never had a trial, to the Wizarding World, he is a convicted criminal,” said Ragnok “Seeing he is dead, Madam Bones well be there to make sure that no Dark items are past on.”

Although he didn’t like it, he now understood why Madam Bones was there for, “What else is there you want from me?” asked Harry.

“Yes there is,” said Ragnok, “To apologize for what Account Manager Lolamak and Trainee Account Manager Griphook done, I would like to offer you three gifts. The first is a pair of magical glasses,” said Ragnok, as he handed a new stylish pair of glasses, “I don’t think you would want people to know that you no longer need glasses to see. Also should someone were to summon them, you have the surprise of being still being able to fight. That surprise could mean winning a fight.”

As Ragnok said that, Harry realized that he indeed wasn’t wearing any glasses, with everything that has happened that day, he forgot all about them. “Thank you Director Ragnok, to be honest with you, with everything that has happened today, I forgot all about them,” Harry told Ragnok honestly.

“No problem Lord Potter-Black, I suspected as much,” said Ragnok, “Anyway, I had these glasses to be charmed so that you can see through virtually any surface, up to about one hundred feet or so. They can also zoom in and out up to a hundred feet or so. The glasses also have heat and night vision, the heat vision one will help if someone is invisible without a invisibility cloak, and if you're somewhere cold you can see people body heat. The night vision is just as it sounds, it'll help to see in the dark. I've also added an impervious charm on them so they deflect anything coming at them, like dirt, water or rain, it'll also help to stop them from fogging up.”

“Thank you Director,” said Harry. He could see that they could be useful in the future, “I'm sure they'll be useful. Now what is the next gift?”

“Well it is a ring,” Ragnok gaped as he gave the Demon Lord a ring. This is where he'll have to revile that he knows that he knew that Lord Potter-Black is the new Demon Lord, and he didn't know how the young Demon Lord was going to react. “It'll hide your demonic signature, so instead of reviling that you're the Demon Lord, should someone who can sense magic or cast a spell on you, they'll think that you're only a half-demon.”

As suspected, as soon as Ragnok finished talking, Harry stood ready to fight. Although ready to fight if needed, he said calmly, “How do you that I'm a Demon Lord?” Harry didn't see the point of denying it, seeing that there was on point to it, “And why are you helping me? From what I understand is that your race fought the first Demon Lord, and others after him. So why help me?”

Ragnok was somewhat shocked to hear that the young Lord knew some of the history of the Demon Lord, but he also knew it would make things easier. “I know that you're the Demon Lord, as I am able to sense magic in all forms, so when you first saw me today, I knew what you have become. As for why I am helping you, it's simple, I doing what I think is in the best interest for my people, and I believe at the moment it is to help you. But be warned, should I decided that you're no long in the best interest for my people, I'll do everything in my power to make sure you're defeated before you could hurt my people.”

Harry nodded at that a relaxed a bit, but still ready to fight just encase. He understood where the Director was coming from, he knew who the Director really was and knew it was his job to see for the best for his people. So he said, “I understand Director, I hope that I can help you as much as I can. So what is this last gift?”

“My last gift is to delay Lord Black's Will Reading for about ten or so minutes,” said Ragnok, he saw the confused look on the young Demon Lord's face and so add, “I was thinking that you could go into the Waiting Room with your hood up, you might be able to hear something about yourself form the people in the room. It is in my experience that humans that wait for some time restless and begin to talk about many things, mainly what is on their mind at the time. So I thought that if I delayed the Will Reading long enough you might see what your so called friends thought about you.”

As Harry thought about it, he knew that Ragnok was right, when people wait for a long time, they begin to talk what's on their minds. “Thank you Director,” said Harry, “If you don't mind, I would like to go to the Waiting Room.”

“Of course my Lord,” and with that he snapped his fingers and Kabn entered the office, “Kabn, please take Lord Potter-Black to the Waiting Room with the people waiting for the reading for Lord Black's Will.”

“Of course Director,” said Kabn.“I'll see you soon Director, and thanks for the gifts,” said Harry.“No problem Lord Potter-Black, I'll talk to you soon,” said Ragnok, and before Harry followed Kabn, the Director informed Kabn to inform the people in the Waiting Room they were going to, the Will Reading would be delayed for a short while as something had come out that he needed to sorted out.

TO BE CONTINUED!

Authors Note: This is the end of chapter 6 of the Demon Lord, I hope that you enjoyed the story. If you did, please take a few more moments to review, as I would like to hear what you think of the story and any ideas that you would like to see happen in the story.

I’m now looking for stories where Harry uses the spell Praedia Bellica, I know there is some stories out there, but I don’t know the titles. So if you know any stories where Harry uses the spell Praedia Bellica, please let me know.

So you know today (30-08-2010) is my birthday, as a gift to you, I’ve post this new chapter for you…
Sign up to rate and review this story