Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Aftermath

CHAPTER 12

by Quillian 0 reviews

Wolverine's POV...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Wolverine - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-04-03 - Updated: 2006-04-03 - 1045 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See the Prologue.

SPECIAL DISCLAIMER: See the Prologue.


CHAPTER 12

I always was one of the more feral mutants around here at the Institute... maybe with how crazy this world can be, I was on to something?

Logan - otherwise known as "Wolverine" - walked out onto the lawn of the Xaiver Institute as the sun's last rays shone over the horizon.

Sometimes the "civilized" world forgets to be civil, he thought with a growl.

It utterly disturbed Logan how someone like Stryker could just show him and Professor Xavier those pictures without the slightest bit of remorse or disgust over what he had done. It was as equally disturbing as seeing those pictures himself. He may have been tough on the young mutants under his charge, but he certainly wasn't cruel. Kitty was on to something when she said he was like "everyone's uncle" or whatever. By training those kids, he was giving himself some happy memories, sort of making up for those he didn't have and had lost. He did in fact care for them, even though he never showed his emotions there. He was never really good at emotions...

Logan took a deep sigh, hoping to calm himself before he broke down again. He remembered how he broke down at Ororo's monument, crying his heart and spilling his guts out to her. He both shunned and yet liked the action of releasing his emotions after all, shunning it because he hated doing it, and yet liking it since he proved he was not a heartless monster or whatever.

I had so many chances with Ororo and yet missed them all... she was so kind to me, and yet I never really returned the favor. I can only hope that she's forgiven me from wherever she is.

He could only hope that he wouldn't make the same mistakes with Raven. Here, Logan quirked a grin as he thought of her, as well as the concept of himself having emotions for Mystique, and vice versa. He would have never guessed otherwise that he'd be getting along with a former enemy of the X-Men in any sort of way. Still... he was determined to seize this chance and not let it slip by again. Logan also agreed with Scott's philosophy in this instance, that the Mystique whom they fought against in the past was now dead, and instead there was Raven Darkholme.

Logan would remember Ororo and honor her, but at the same time, he would take advantage of the opportunity to pursue a relationship with Raven.

And speaking of relationships... Logan thought about his daughter, the newly-named Sarah Logan, starting to develop a relationship with Scott Summers' younger brother, Alex. Logan was rather protective of females at the Institute, but he also took some pride in knowing that on the unlikely chance that Alex actually did something to harm his daughter, his daughter would be more than capable of defending herself. Still, just to make sure, he made the obligatory threat to Alex as a father saying that if Sarah didn't finish him off, he would.

Yet another thing which Logan was still adjusting to was being a father. His daughter might have been a clone made with his DNA in a lab, but he still felt that obligation to take her in and raise her, which he also planned on following through with. Besides, after how she went through such similar horrendous experiences as he once did, he just couldn't abandon her. No, he wanted to be there for her.

Logan also recalled just how troublesome teenage girls could be. Combine those teenage girl habits with deadly mutant powers and some of his own personality... that very thought alone was enough to scare him, even a little, and he wasn't scared easily. He was especially dreading having to give his daughter "The Talk." Maybe I can get Raven to do that if I ask her real nicely, he thought hopefully.

Also... now that he thought about it, Logan saw a rather tangled family tree in the works. He was interested in Raven... his "daughter" was interested in Alex, whose brother Scott was interested in Jean... Raven's son was interested in Magneto's daughter...

Oh yeah, we X-Men are definitely something of a "family" or whatever, he thought to himself as he chuckled a little with mirth, which was one of the few occasions since all this happened that he actually felt good for a change.

His mirth then faded into somberness as he remembered the "Mutant Holocaust," as it was now being called. He would have died a happy man, just getting the opportunity to tear Kelly, Stryker or Trask to shreds. In his mind, Scott was kind of lucky, since he got the opportunity to take down all three in one go.

Then again, he and Raven did get the chance to finish of that gun-toting psychotic bitch Magnum, so he figured he didn't come out of it empty-handed.

Maybe I should cut down on these vicious thoughts... they really don't seem to be doing any good for me, anyway...

As he snapped out of his thoughts, he realized that he was now out past sunset, and standing in front of Ororo's monument.

I guess I must have subconsciously walked here...

He then heard footsteps behind him... footsteps of someone who could have avoided being heard if that person had wished, but didn't bother to. Turning around, he saw it was Sarah.

Both father and daughter seemed to communicate in some unique, unspoken language that only the two of them could understand. After a nod from Sarah, Logan took one last look at Ororo's monument before walking back to the institute with his daughter.

Ororo, and everyone else... they may be gone, but they won't be forgotten... I'll make sure of that.


A/N: Well, I hope this one turned out well...

Also, I've had this pattern going with every chapter between the prologue and the epilogue. First, I did Magneto and Mystique, then the remnants of the Brotherhood and Acolytes (Pietro, Wanda, and Piotr), then the mutants who were previously unaffiliated with either group (Alex and X23), and finally the surviving X-Men.

Next chapter is where we finally get to Professor Xavier himself... -Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story