Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 19: New Beginnings

by bluminous

imaginations and dreams

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2009-05-16 - Updated: 2009-05-21 - 10100 words

?Blocked
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.

Previously:
“Will you tell the others like the Headmaster about this?” Harry whispered as he gazed at outside the window.

Remus laughed. “Of course not! That man nearly killed you when he placed you with the Dursley’s when you were five, why would I tell him of your existence Mister Potter?”


Chapter 19: New Beginnings

10 am, November 6, Defense against the Dark Arts classroom

“HARRY POTTER!!??” Hermione shrieked while Daphne immediately looked at Harry with disbelief written on her face.

Remus looked at the girls, suprised and asked “You didn’t know?”

Hermione and Daphne ignored their professor’s question as they sat in their chairs, stunned at this new revelation, wondering if what was implicated was actually possible.

“But Harry Potter is dead. We even visited the Potter’s graves, although my mom won’t allow me to come with her to visit his cupboard on Pivet Drive. They may have similar names, but our Harry Wayne IS NOT Harry Potter.” Daphne reasoned after thinking a for a moment.

Remus smiled at this. “I see the marauder in you Harry, keeping secrets and all that.”

“This is not the time for jokes professor!” Hermione scolded the Defense against the Dark Arts Professor. She turned to Harry with a pleading look in her face. “Please tell me what he say is not true Harry. It’s completely illogical, and is not possible!”

Harry still did not react, he was still stunned at being discovered. Even after years of confronting Super Villains and saving the world, he still is a thirteen year old boy. This was one of the League’s closely guarded secret, only known to a select few, how did his professor learn of his closely guarded secret?

Harry took a deep breath to calm himself, but it was not working. He gazed at Remus and asked in a cold voice. “How did you know?” his eyes flashed green and his aura pulsed, and the room was suddenly full of his power, choking its occupants, making it hard for them to breathe.

Remus’ eyes widened as he felt intense pressure in his chest, and the wolf inside him whined in fear. Hermione and Daphne clutched each other as they saw their best friend lose his composure for the first time.

“How did you know professor? And why now?” Harry asked, not realizing what he was doing to the room. The glass windows vibrated from the intense power he released as he stood up and walked closer to his terrified professor.

“Harry” Remus said weakly as he looked up at the most terrifying sight he had ever seen. It was even more scary seeing Harry in person than the boggart he had seen earlier. The power that emanated from the boy was stifling and he could barely breathe, every lungful of air he took was a chore.

“Harry! You’re scaring us!” Hermione shouted and that snapped Harry from his stupor. He looked back at his best friends and saw they were crying as tears ran down their faces.

“Sorry, I lost control there for the moment.” Harry said apologetically and he closed his eyes, trying to find his center. The palpable power in the room immediately vanished and the other three in the room let out relieved breaths.

“I need to think for a moment.” Harry said as he looked as his companions. He looked at their relieved but still scared faces and smiled to assure Hermione and Daphne before he turned back to his professor. “And you professor are coming with us.”

“Coming?” Remus grinned. “We are not going anywhere Mr. Potter. You and I will have a very long talk abAAAW!” Remus yelled as green lights started to swirl around the room.

Harry made an intricate pattern with his right hand, carving out a rune in the air. Suddenly the green lights engulfed all four inside the room and they all vanished in a swirl of green and white colors.

*******

Batman was talking with Jonn Jones about the possible effects on Earth’s security regarding the escalating skirmishes between New Genesis and Apokolips when a green light suddenly appeared in front of the Watchtower’s central command station. He wondered why his son suddenly decided to visit as he was not due until Saturday.

Harry, Hermione and Daphne and a confused Remus suddenly appeared in the watchtower, and sensors immediately identified an unauthorized guest in the newly arrived party. Intruder lights flashed all around the Watchtower warning of a threat. Inactive League members immediately rushed to the command center, powering up and donning their weapons. John and Katma responded first followed by Green arrow, Stargirl and Huntress followed after them.

In a few moments Remus was surrounded by over a dozen Justice League members, grouchy for interrupting their well deserved rest. The Defense Professor gulped and looked around and raised his hands and said weakly. “I give up”


“Harry, why did you bring an unauthorized person on board?” Batman asked then he rushed quickly to his son when he saw Harry’s troubled expression as Huntress moved Hermione and Daphne away from the intruder.

“What is it?” Batman asked in concern and Harry leaned and said “He knows. I don’t know how… so I brought all of them here.” Batman did not need to ask what that was and gave a nod.

“You did the right thing Harry.” He turned to the Intruder that exposed his son’s secret and gave a nasty bat glare. “Surrender your wand, you’re coming with us.” Batman headed to a conference room, followed by Harry, a lost in thought Hermione and a confusedDaphne.

Remus gulped in fear as he looked at very intimidating and tall figure. He slowly relinquished his wand to the man with a green bow and followed Harry’s party, escorted by the Robin Hood impersonator and a woman with green eyes and a green aura, similar to Harry’s. Remus looked around, wondering where he was. The floor they were walking on was of some metallic property, and the corridors were full of muggle electronics. They walked past a viewing deck where Superman usually hung out and Remus almost tripped when he looked and saw Earth from 120 kilometers up. Sirius wouldn’t believe this story even if he used Veritaserum.

********

“Who is this man?” Katma asked as they sat around Remus in the interrogation room.
“His name is Remus Lupin, Harry’s current Defense against the Dark Arts professor and a close friend of James Potter.” Batman said as he stared at the man, evaluating him and looking for signs of nervousness and deceit.

“How did you know that?!” Remus demanded.

“I make it my business to know.” Batman gave a scary grin. “What was your objective when you told Harry about his birth name?”

“I thought… that he didn’t know about his true heritage… I saw him in the muggle magazines… I just want to tell him the truth about his past.” Remus sighed as he looked at Harry who also stared at him in a similar fashion to the Caped man’s glare.

“And how did you find out about this? Who told you?” Batman asked.

“We discovered it actually… myself and my friend Sirius Black, Harry’s godfather.” Remus said looking straight at Harry and holding his gaze.

“My… my godfather?” Harry asked. Batman looked surprised, he didn’t know about that and he didn’t like surprises. Hermione looked like he wanted to join the interrogation but was stopped after a look from Daphne. Their interrogation of Harry would be after this.

“Sirius Black, also a close friend of the Potters. He was recently pardoned for his crimes after the real culprit, Peter Pettigrew was discovered as the true traitor to the Potter family.” Batman said and Harry nodded, he knew all about this. “What has he got to do with this?”

“Sirius’ family is an ancient noble house, just like the Potters, and they have an enchanted family tapestry. Most pureblood families are related and we recently discovered through that Dorea Black’s last descendant was still alive. She was your birth father’s grandmother, Harry.” Remus looked at Harry and gave him a smile. He guessed these people were not going to kill him; they were the Justice League after all.

Batman nodded, the man’s tone did not reveal any deceit, and he looked like his intentions were innocent. Perhaps they could gain something from this new development, but they needed to tie the loose ends first. “Who else knows?”

“Sirius, his cousin Andromeda Black nee Tonks, and her daughter Nymphadora Tonks, a trainee auror.” Remus said.

Batman frowned. There were too many loose ends, a potential security risk. “Can they be trusted?”

Remus nodded. “They are, we actually knew for months now, and Nymphadora even went to America to gather intelligence… well she actually went into an uncontrolled shopping spree… to gain some insight to Harry’s life there.” Remus looked at Harry and said. “Can I ask questions of my own?”

Batman looked at his son who gave an affirmative nod. “Go ahead.”

Suddenly the doors slid opened and a worried Supergirl rushed into the room. “Harry! I heard there was an intruder! And you brought him here! What happened? Are you alright?” She leapt into Harry’s arm and gave him a hug.

“I’m fine Kara… he just revealed my secret. Hermione and Daphne now know too.” Harry said, taking comfort in her arms.

“So? It’s just your old name Harry… what’s the big fuss?” Kara asked as she stared into her boyfriend’s face. Something was wrong here, Harry looked disturbed.

“Honestly, I’m confused as we all are. All will be revealed here Kara.” Harry said as he guided his girlfriend into a chair beside him. Kara smiled when she spotted Hermione and Daphne, and the girls returned the greeting.

Remus looked at Harry and what he presumed to be the girlfriend and smiled and then turned back to James’ son to ask his questions. “Harry… I understand why you didn’t reveal your past to Dumbledore… he was the one that placed you in that hell in the first place. But… if you knew about your past, why didn’t you tell your friends?”

Kara looked confused and gave a look at Hermione but the bushy browned haired girl mouthed ‘later.’

Harry played with Kara’s hand that were intertwined with his with his fingers and answered. “I don’t want to remember it… my past. It happened and there’s nothing we can do about it… sometimes I remember things when I lived there…” Harry looked at his father and the rest of the Justice League members inside the room and continued. “…and I think it was worth it because I finally found a family, friends… somewhere I belong.”

Remus nodded. “Where did you get those powers? I thought you were just a wizard… and how did you get acquainted with the League? And I remember there were originally seven members. This looks more like a large organization… an army even.”

Batman smiled. “We’ve expanded. And even we don’t know how Harry got his powers and when. We were informed about him when he was five and we rescued him. I adopted him.”

Remus’ eyes widened in surprise. “Bruce Wayne?”

Batman nodded. “Keep it a secret, and I would like to offer you and if possible your accomplices a job, subject to the approval of the League of course.”

Remus nodded. “I’m not exactly prime material for jobs… I just got the Defense position because there was no one else willing to take the spot.”

“We know about your condition, Professor. I saw you playing with Sirius Black in his animagus form.” Harry said. “And you’re a very good teacher.”

Remus’ mouth opened in shock for the fifth time. “How did… when…”

“We’re not the same as those prejudiced simple minded wizards and witches. It’s just a simple problem, like Wally’s gas digestion problems or Kara’s snoring or her drooling on me when she sleeps and…”Harry was stopped from his rant when he was elbowed firmly in the gut.

Remus looked at the smiling faces of Hermione and Daphne and then to Harry’s, he looked at Batman and smiled. “You raised your son well.”

Batman smiled. “He’s a good kid. Green Arrow, you can return his wand now… he’s not a threat, I think we already established that. And we need to talk later to discuss the details, for now we need to leave the children to sort things out among themselves.” Batman looked at the tense aura around the four teenagers.

Remus looked at them and agreed. He stood up and was about to follow Batman when Hermione stopped him.

“Professor, we have classes today and…” Hermione said.

“Not to worry, I’ll inform your professors that I needed your help in a project.” Remus smiled and followed Batman and the rest of the league out of the door, leaving an awkward environment with Harry, a confused Kara and a pissed off Daphne and Hermione.

As the rest of the league left the room, Hermione immediately rounded on Harry. “Explain” She commanded and crossed her arms as Daphne looked at Harry with a hurt expression on her face.

“Don’t you trust us Harry?” Daphne asked. “We are your friends Harry.”

“I do… it’s just like I don’t want to remember my past you know? I don’t want people to pity me for what happened.” Harry said.

“Why? What happened to my Harry? I know his name before he got adopted and that he came from a bad place that’s not suitable for him.” Kara asked Daphne as she gripped Harry’s arm possessively.

“Harry Potter was the boy who lived… when he was a baby he stopped He-who-must-not-be-named. It was rumored that Harry here deflected the killing curse and that all he got was a lightning bolt scar in his forehead” Daphne said.

“That’s how I lost my birth parents... Kara… I only learned this when I was ten when I got my acceptance letter and Zatanna told me the life and tragic death of Harry Potter.” Harry said softly.

“And… after that… Harry here was placed among relatives that abused him… Oh Harry!” Hermione lunged at Harry and gave him a hug. “I’m sorry… it was you all along… I couldn’t imagine the brave little young boy was you!” Hermione sobbed and Daphne started to tear up as well.

Kara frowned and looked at her boyfriend. “What tragedy? Harry? What are you not telling me? I understand that you don’t want to remember… but I need to know.”

Harry looked intently at his beloved’s worried face. “I didn’t want to show you this so soon… I really don’t remember that much anymore, sometimes I see glimpses of my past…” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and said wearily. “Perhaps this is for the best.” He looked at the sad faces around him. “Let’s go to Privet Drive.”

***********

Harry, Kara, Daphne and Hermione appeared in a small park in a swirl of green light. After regaining their bearings, they looked around and saw a vandalized play pen, with graffiti sprayed on its plastic walls. The swing set was broke, as the seats hung on once chain, and the only thing that appeared intact was the sand box.

The groups walked towards a house, and at first glance it appeared normal from the outside. When they crossed the property boundary, the seemingly well kept lawn suddenly changed, and it was replaced by tall uncut grass looked like it was not taken cared of for years.

“This is where you grew up Harry?” Kara asked as she took in her surroundings. There was a worn Santa Figurine on the lawn, almost hidden by the tall blades of grass. The house itself still had its Christmas lights and other holiday decorations, although Kara doubted if the bulbs still work.

“Yeah… I remember that I used to love gardening and taking care of my aunt’s vegetable gardens diring the summers” Harry said as he gazed at a patch of dead plants.

“How old are you then?” Hermione asked softly.

Harry shrugged. “For as long as I can remember I was doing that and that was the only thing I remembered I enjoyed, harvesting fruits and vegetables that I planted and later used for cooking.”

Harry opened the door to the house and looked inside. The house looked like it still had inhabitants, thanks to the charm cast by the ministry. A Christmas tree was still in the corner of the living room, and it still had gifts under it. Harry stopped at the corridor near the stairs and stared at a plaque, while Daphne, Hermione and Kara’s eyes started to water when they read the inscription.

Kara immediately turned around and looked at the small cupboard under the stairs. “Is this… is this… where you lived?” She asked looking at Harry’s impassive face.

Harry only nodded as memories flashed through his head triggered by his familiar surroundings. Harry focused on the happy times, smiling as he remembered his five year old self. Playing with a few toy soldiers...learning to write letters on the dust… imagining wonderful things in the dark and listening through the door when his cousin watched cartoons. He remembered when he would implant his own versions of the cartoons in his mind while he listened to the television program.


His imagination ran wild then, when he was locked inside by his relatives. He had nothing to do and just pretended he was someplace else, a happy environment in a place full of light. It was the only thing he hated, the dark. He did not mind the cramped quarters, or the vacuum cleaner that poked his side when he slept, or the dust and spiders. He feared the time when they turned off the lights in the hallway, as his only source of light was the crack under his door.
The most terrifying moments were when it rained, as he was very scared of lightning back then. He would stuff his mouth with his shirt since his uncle didn’t like it whenever he heard the small gasps of fear from the little boy whenever lightning struck. Harry was smart though and noticed he always had warning from a flash of light before the thunder came, as a flash would immediately light under his door and that gave him enough time to curl into a position and bury his face in his cot.

When the dark bathed him he used to panic as he felt the oppressive darkness press all around him, suffocating him. Again little Harry found a way around this, he used to close his eyes and press his nose under the crack of the door to inhale fresh air. It was then that he would be able to sleep, pretending he was lying on a bed on a wide meadow under a bright sun. His aunt would then find him every morning in that position and she would wake him by nudging his face with her foot.


Kara opened the cupboard and crouched down, while Hermione and Daphne followed her actions. As it was noon, they could see the interior of the cupboard better and it was horrifying and terrible to look at. Brown half pad paper sheets plastered the walls like wallpaper, and on those sheets were written wishes by the handwriting of a preschool young Harry. Kara’s tears fell continuously and her mouth was wide open as she took in the cramp quarters and the cot. She read a few of the letters and finally she couldn’t take it anymore and sobbed as she covered her mouth with her hand.

Kara’s face was full of fury, something never before seen by any living being. She slammed her fist into the wall and the whole house shook, and now a massive hole in the wall along the corridor.

“They were lucky… they were lucky that they died! If not I’m going to hunt… them… Down!!!” Kara shrieked out loud, and three more holes appeared on the wall. “You hurt my Harry! My innocent, sweet Harry!” She fell to her knees again as she cried.

She needed comfort and she looked at her boyfriend and lunged at him and grabbed him tightly as she sobbed in his chest. Harry hugged her firmly and massaged her back with his arms, trying to comfort his grief stricken girlfriend.

Hermione and Daphne stood up from their crouched position shocked and sad at the tragedy their friend endured. It was one thing to read it in books, and it was another to see the cupboard personally. Daphne understood why until now her mother refused to take her there despite her insistence. Hermione’s face was red in anger… she could not believe that this was what happened to her best friend. Lucky indeed, if those Dursleys were still alive she would have used the Cruciatus curse on them.


“Now you know…” Harry murmured in her hair as Supergirl cried as she clutched her boyfriend as if she will never let go.

**************
1 pm, November 6, Themyscira


“Hey Kara?” Harry asked as he lay on her lap on the pristine beach of Themyscira.

“Yeah? What is it Harry?” Kara asked as she looked at his face fondly while she stroked his messy hair with her fingers.

“Are things going to change between us? When we visited Privet Drive and my old home… and now you know the truth about my childhood…” Harry turned his head to look at the calm sea. “I’m scared that you’re going to leave me… now that you know how I was before I met you, Dad, Mum and the League. I didn’t have the best childhood… I’m damaged goods.” He smiled, but it was not a happy smile. There, he said it… the reason why he kept his past secret from Kara for so long. He remained evasive about his past for many years, but now was the time for truths and honesty.


Kara frowned and used her free hand to force Harry to look at her. “That’s the most idiotic I’ve ever heard coming from you! Why will I leave the most perfect man for me? If it’s even possible, I feel closer to you now than ever before… and I am never ever letting you go.” Kara said fiercely as she looked intently into his eyes.

“And you’re wrong… that was not your home… your true home is here…” Kara guided his palm and placed it in her chest so that Harry could feel the beat of her heart. “…With me… with Bruce, Diana, your sister Astraea and the Justice League. This is your true home. And Harry listen to me… you’re not damaged goods… you are perfect… perfect for me.”

Harry looked up at Kara and rose up from his position and kneeled across from her. They gazed at each other’s eyes and both smiled at the same time. Finally Harry couldn’t contain the intense feelings of love, gratitude and admiration in his heart and tackled Kara to the sand, giving small short kisses to her face. Kara shrieked and laughed as they rolled across the sand, until they reached the surf and the warm ocean water engulfed them both, cleansing their hearts and minds of doubt and filling them with love.

*****

Hermione sat on an exposed root under the shade of a tree and sipped her coconut juice as she looked at the two lovers playing in the distance. Daphne sat beside her, making patterns in the white sand with her toe, occasionally looking at Harry and Kara.


“I think I now understand the dynamics of Harry and Kara’s relationship.” Hermione mused as she gazed at the pair. Harry and Kara were still kissing but they were now floating a few feet above the waves.

“What is it?” Daphne asked.

“They really are perfect for each other… the Harry Wayne we know is strong, brave, and powerful but he’s not invulnerable… he needs a purpose, something to drive him forward, a partner to share his burden.” Hermione said

“And you think Kara’s that? It’s logical… we always see Harry as the person who always shows a strong face and we never realized that he needed some help too.” Daphne said. “Since I’ve known him I always thought of him as the constant force in Hogwarts, reliable, strong, unwavering in his principles. I did’nt realize that he’s also human… Merlin I’m stupid!”

Hermione finished her drink and set it down on the sand. “and Kara’s a bit impulsive and headstrong I think… she’s always smashing through stuff directly into the danger like her cousin… and Harry’s the ideal boyfriend for her… who better to protect her from the tough spots she gets into than the most powerful hero in the planet?”

“You’re right… their like tailor made for each other… Now let’s hurry after them. I want to play on the beach too.” Daphne said as she took off her socks and shoes.

“You go ahead, I’ll just sit here and relax some more.” Hermione said. Daphne huffed and tugged her friend’s arm.

“C’mon Hermy! Can you say that you’ve been to the beach under a hot sun in November?” Daphne asked.

“Fine! Fine! Just quit pulling me…” Hermione said as she started to remove her socks and shoes.

“Let’s go” Hermione grinned. She was excited to frolic on the peaceful beach and feel the surf as it tickled her legs while the warm sea air cooled her neck. This was paradise, the perfect place to relax and unwind and it was the ultimate spa treatment.

Hermione and Daphne walked near the beach, and they often laughed and giggled whenever the waves got too high, they made sure their school robes didn’t get wet since they have to attend dinner at Hogwarts later. Suddenly they heard a shriek and looked up to see the two superheroes playing on waist deep water, their clothes soaked as they chased each other in the distance.

Hermione stretched and yawned, feeling sleepy at the sound of the gentle waves breaking over the sand. In a flash, her mouth was full of seawater and her hair clung to her face as a curtain of sea water passed their direction. Coughing as she spat out the salt water from her mouth, she saw Daphne who wore a shocked expression on her face as she looked at her wet school robes that now clung to her body. Finally after realizing what happened as the shock wore off they looked at each other and nodded. It was time for payback, superheroes or not they will get their due.

Harry and Kara were splashing sea water in each other’s faces when suddenly Harry had a wicked idea. He made a construct of an enormous large bucket behind Kara, and made it rise in the air when it was full of water. He was lucky they were in waist high water as it masked what he was doing from his girlfriend’s observant eyes.

Without wasting anytime, he dumped the bucket on his girlfriend and laughed when he saw her sputter and spat out sea water.

Kara narrowed her eyes and said “It’s on!” Using her Kryptonian strength, she used her palm and pushed, sending a large wave of water to her boyfriend. It was a bit too much, for when the water receded, it also revealed a soaked to the skin Daphne and Hermione.


“Uh oh you’re in trouble now Kara” Harry teased as he turned to face his girlfriend. He thought Hermione and Daphne were on his side but he was rudely shocked when both girls tackled him, and pinned him on the beach. He didn’t have time to struggle as Kara was immediately on top of him.


“Good job girls” Kara grinned as she approached Harry. She sat on his stomach to pin him down and indicated for the other two to hold his hands.

“Traitors!” Harry shouted but his mouth was stopped when a finger pressed against his lips.

“Daphne, Hermione… I have something to teach you about Harry here… let me show you his tickle spots… if he ever acts up or is brooding, you will know what buttons to push… literally.” Kara grinned and leaned forward and kissed her Harry lightly on the lips before she continued.

“Now his ears are really sensitive… lightly touch one with a finger or breathe softly over them… that will make him squirm.” Kara leaned down and exhaled over Harry’s ear, making him squirm like she said. She then gave feathery touches on the outer lobe of his ear, and that set him off.

“HAHAHA Kara! No! Please! HAHAHAHA!” Harry laughed and Hermione and Daphne had to put all their weight on each of his hands to prevent him from using them.


Kara continued and lifted Harry’s wet shirt to expose his hard and toned tummy. “Then there’s this one called the raspberry tummy…” She leaned down and kissed Harry’s tummy and blew, making a loud raspberry sound that sent Harry into another laughing fit.


“Kara!!! I can’t breathe! HAHAHA! Stop that tickles!”

The two best friends blushed at seeing such intimacy and Daphne asked. “You mean we can kiss him… I mean tickle him there?” She whispered, her eyes wide.


Kara thought for a moment and decided. “Uhh no. Forget about that. I’m the only one who can do that.” She grinned and Hermione and Daphne giggled.


“Then… his most ticklish spot, behind the ear… that will really set him off.” Kara tickled Harry in the indicated spot and Hermione and Daphne had to kneel on Harry’s hands as he struggled to avoid the sensation. Kara stopped after a minute, leaving Harry breathless, although his eyes sparkled in amusement at his current predicament. Wally has to see this.


“Now do you promise never to keep secrets from me? And that if you have problems, you can tell us?”” Kara asked.

“And don’t be afraid to tell us about problems you may have Harry. We’re not that useless and I distinctly remember a boy that said we were smart and witty.” Hermione said.


“And Harry, we are your friends. Quite frankly, I don’t give a damn if your past name’s Harry Potter. To me you’re Harry, our good friend who always likes getting into trouble, insanely gifted at Transfiguration and thinks brooding is a past time.” Daphne added.


“I promise… and thank you for being so understanding.” Harry said, smiling at his friend’s faces. Still in a playful mood, he remembered that Daphne always squirmed when he patted her on the knee, and he decided to this to his advantage. He used his fingers and wiggled them around the knees pinning his palms to the ground. He latched into both knees in either hands and tickled them mercilessly.

His plan proved spot on, as Hermione and Daphne were extremely sensitive at the knees and fell down laughing, freeing his arms. He used his hands and latched onto Kara’s waist sending his girlfriend into the air literally, to escape his merciless fingers. He stood up and dusted the sand of his pants and grinned at the three girls.


“Run” Harry said softly, as he stretched his arms and fingers, making them pop one by one.

“I know most of your tickles spots… and I know ALL of your tickle spots honey.” Harry said as he looked intently at Kara.

Kara, Hermione and Daphne looked at each other and ran to the opposite end of the beach, laughing and giggling as Harry the merciless hands Wayne ran after them.


************




8am, November 7, 12 Grimmauld Place, London


“No Fucking Way!” Sirius exclaimed as he sat eagerly on the edge of his seat as he listened to Remus’ story. It was Saturday, and Remus visited Sirius and called on Tonks and Andromeda to give a report on what happened yesterday.

After giving the three notes that excused them from any missed classes, Remus immediately informed Sirius and called for a meeting with Andromeda and her daughter.

“Yes, we were in outer space, and I could see the continents of Europe, and the America. And the stars were amazing, it was all around us, if Aurora Sinistra was there beside me she would have creamed in excitement.” Remus said.

Sirius banged his fist on the table as he laughed while Nymphadora blushed and giggled as she listened to Remus’ story.

“Remus! I know that my cousin is the one born without manners, I expected better from you. And remember my daughter is here with us, so please refrain from using vulgar language!” Andromeda said.


“I’m sorry Andromeda. I just got carried away.” Remus said.


“So what do we do now? Can we trust these people around Harry? They’re not using him for their own gain are they?” Tonks asked. “And when can I see Harry? He’s so cute on those magazines that I want to pinch his cheeks and hug him to death! And after I get his autographs, I’ll sell them to those young girls I saw in the States and make a fortune!”


Remus eyed the young Metomorphagus with a hint of humor on his face. “You were saying of not taking advantage of him?” He walked towards the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of whiskey and three shot glasses. “He’s fine, better than I hope he would be. If James and Lily could find the perfect environment and guardians for their son to live in, that would be it.”

He poured whiskey into the three glasses and passed the two to Sirius and Andromeda and ignoring Tonks. Tonks gave a questioning look and Remus smiled and said “Still too young Nymphadora, still too young.”

“I met his father, Bruce… he is very intimidating so I warn you now Sirius, if you plan on flirting with his wife you better complete your will arranged with the goblins.” Remus said. he was about to drink when he looked straight to Tonks to tease her, only to find that she was gone, and on her seat was Albus Dumbledore, smiling gently at him.


“PFFFFT” Remus sprayed the whiskey straight to Sirius, and at the same time some of the whiskey travelled up Remus’ nose making his eyes water. He started coughing and valiantly tried to warn his friends of the unexpected guest.


“Ohh c’mon Moony! That’s gross!” Sirius said as he wiped his face with the tablecloth. “Boy you sure lost your Alcohol resistance, what were you drinking before I came back, kool aid? That bunch of strawberry colored jars that is stocked in your cabinets.”

Sirius looked at Remus who was desperately trying to say something. “Dumb ahhhh… Dumb ahhh dahh.” Remus gasped as he pounded that table with his palm that Whiskey bloody hurt when it travelled the wrong pipe! Meanwhile Dumbledore just continued to smile, as if taking pleasure in Remus’ unfortunate accident.

Sirius looked on and guessed. “Dumb ahhh…. Your dumb?.... no? ahh your Dumb and fat? Maybe… you need to tone down some weight Moony, when we ran during the full moon I sort of saw a beer belly in your wolf form… Now I know it’s no problem but it looks kinda weird, like you’re pregnant or something.”

Remus shook his head and finally he regained his breathing. “Dumbledore… here… beside you!”

Sirius ignored him… “Yeah your right you’re getting dumb too… I mean who would fall for that when we have a Metamorphagus inside the house? You don’t see Dumbledore wearing a weird sister’s shirt don’t you? Who is dumb enough to be caught by a cheap trick like that?”

Remus looked back to the spot where Dumbledore was sitting and saw Tonks smiling cheekily at him. Rubbing salt in the wound she mouthed “Too old!”

Andromeda eyed the antics of the three children in front of her with amusement. She was curious about Harry Potter’s new guardians and family and decided to ask a question. “When will we meet them? and Harry? I understand that he possess some kind of powers similar to those muggle hero Green Lanterns Ted was fond of?


“Yes, similar to that. Harry’s father said that he would send a Justice League member to pick us up in this place. I met with their telepath, sort of like Legillimens expert called Jonn Jones, and I gave him the location of this place through our minds. Oh and that the league member will be coming at 9am.” Remus said.

“What?! You should have told us that from the very beginning! Oh my! I need time to prepare! Do we travel by portkey?” Andromeda asked.

“No, they beamed me down using their teleportation machine, it’s a muggle device they have.” Remus said.

“Ohh like in Star Trek then!” Tonks said and her hair grew short and black and her ears pointed. “I think my look would be this, just for kicks eh?”

Sadly, nobody got her joke.

***********

9am, 12 Grimmauld Pllace, London


After half an hour of trying to make at least the kitchen presentable and Andromeda finally decided on a brown wvyren jacket over her blouse and skirt, the three were eagerly awaiting their guest.

At exactly 9am, a light appeared beside the door, and the four looked on with fascination at the seemingly magical effect of the transporter after effects. After a flash of light a man stepped out, wearing a long black and green cloak over a body suit with the same pattern. A strange pattern was displayed on his chest and back, with green lines interconnecting the two designs.

The member sent to pick them up was young, and where his eyes would be a black slick mask covered them. Even from afar, the two wizards and one Andromeda could see the intense shade of green the man’s eyes had. Remus narrowed his eyes, this looked similar to… Harry’s boggart!

“HARRY?” Remus asked and Andromeda and Sirius’ face dropped in shock. “What are you doing here? Are you the member sent to pick us up?”

Apollo nodded. “My call sign is Apollo whenever I wear my battle uniform, so call me Apollo” He looked around and spotted the group and looked back at Remus.

“Is this them?” Apollo asked and Remus nodded, unsure of how to treat “Apollo”. He seemed so different from Harry. Apollo carried a presence that demanded one’s respect and attention.

Apollo observed the three other companions and stepped closer to them to introduce himself he shook hands with a speechless Sirius and a nervous Andromeda.

“I thought I would pick up four guests?” Apollo asked and the other three groaned. Tonks! Remus was about to yell to call their last companion when a crash was heard outside the kitchen door.


“Bloody Lamp! It didn’t jump out of my way! Can’t you see I’m late?”

The door opened and Tonks came in, breathing hard from running two flights of stairs. She had accidentally slept in after she felt sleepy from drinking some of the whiskey and now she was breathing hard hoping she wasn’t too late.


Taking one look at Tonks, Apollo grinned and Instead of offering a hand, he raised his right hand and parted the ring finger and the middle finger effortlessly.


“Live Long, and Prosper.” Apollo said and Tonks’ eyes widened in surprise.

“Live long… and blunder.” Tonks muttered as she couldn’t copy the complicated hand movement of parting her fingers. She shifted her features to the pink hair that reached her shoulders while Apollo snickered. Tonks smiled at seeing his reaction and said. “I thought no one would get that joke, it is satisfying knowing that wasn’t all for nothing. I’m… Nymphadora Tonks, but remember don’t call me by my first name, call me Tonks.”

“Understood Tonks. Call me Apollo” Apollo replied. “We are all ready then?” He asked, looking around. Tonks moved beside him and teased. “Do we have to hug each other like in the Enterprise handsome?”

Apollo looked at her strangely and to Remus who again palmed his face in embarrassment. Apparently, she did not recognize his true identity. “No Tonks, we will not teleport. We will use a portal.”

Apollo made a complicated pattern and a green circular portal materialized in front of them. “Follow me” Apollo said and stepped into the green circle, vanishing right on the spot. Remus nodded encouragingly to his companions, he had done this once after all.

“It’s safe, you won’t feel anything at all and it’s better than a portkey or apparition.”Remus said and followed Apollo.

The three that remained looked unsure but they stepped forward and a split second later they found themselves in a conference room with a nice view of the planet.

“Whoa! That’s freakin awesome!” Tonks said as she approached Apollo. “Do it again Handsome, is that your power? I bet you’re really popular with dates, no parking, windswept hair from portkey or regurgitated lunch from apparition.”

“Tonks dear do you know who you’re talking too?” Andromeda asked.

“Yeah! This cutie here’s Apollo! And I like ‘im! Can we keep him mum? Imagine instant fast food, mail and free travel anywhere you want anytime!” She joked and looked back at their young escort. “You can sleep in my room sweetie… how old are ya?” She added with a flirtatious wink.


Sirius finally regained his shock from meeting James and Lily’s son and decided to butt in. “Hey Apollo! Or since we are in private can I call you Harry?”


“You can call me either as long as we are in here, Sirius.” Harry ‘s mask vanished and he smiled at Sirius then to a shocked Tonks. “Hey Tonks, Remus told me you regularly played with me when I was a year old.”


Tonks was speechless as Harry and Sirius laughed. Sirius immediately hugged Harry, and even though this was uncomfortable at such a direct approach, he hugged back. This was after all, his godfather. After a moment where Sirius was actually sniffling, he let go and looked Harry over with a critical eye.

“You’ve grown up Harry, the last time I carried you, was when you were this small. And now… you’re so tall, practically a man.” Sirius said proudly, looking at his godson. “Where is his family then? I’d like to thank them personally for raising you to be such a healthy, handsome, and dashing young man. You better date around before you commit!”


“My Mum, Dad, baby sister and girlfriend’s beyond the other door. They’re just giving us a bit of privacy.” Harry said diplomatically, unsure if Sirius was joking or not with his last statement.

“Oh, then please let me see them I want to meet them and thank them personally!” Sirius said.

Harry waved his hand and the button in the wall lighted up and a door opened, revealing an adjacent room. Astraea spotted her big brother and squealed and fussed from Kara’s arms. Harry smiled and walked to the other room, followed by his guests.

Harry leaned down and carried Astraea in his arms who by now can support her head, and did not need to always lean her head on her brother’s neck or chest.
Astraea squealed as Harry raised her up in his arms, kissing her tummy. Tucking his baby sister in his arms, he kissed his mother and girlfriend and turned to his assembled guests.

“Mom, Dad, Kara, you already met Remus Lupin, his companions are Lady Andromeda Tonks nee Black, her daughter Nymphadora Tonks, and Sirius Black, my godfather from my birth parents. These are my family, My mom Diana, my dad Bruce, my girlfriend and soon to be betrothed Kara Zorel and this cute bundle of joy is my sister, Astraea.” The two parties exchanged smiles and pleasantries, and the newly arrived guests sat themselves opposite the Wayne Family, while Harry remained standing, entertaining his sister.


“Thank you for coming, and we thank you for showing such heartwarming concern and devotion to my son. Hera smiles upon such show of family bonds.” Diana said warmly, looking at Harry fondly before returning her gaze at the guests.

Sirius leaned closer Remus and whispered “That’s Harry’s mum? She’s hot! Definitely a milf!” He suddenly held his head in pain as Andromeda slapped the back of his head.


The meeting was very fruitful and Superman, Zatanna, John Stewart and Katma Tui along with Aquaman and Jonn Jones joined the meeting right after Diana’s welcoming speech. The executive council agreed unanimously to allow these four wizards and witches to become associate members of the league. Batman was intrigued by Nymphadora’s metamorphing talents for they were similar to Jonn’s and Sirius’ animagus form.


Soon adult talk began after business was concluded, sharing their perspectives on the Muggle and Magical worlds. Harry took this moment to escape and thankfully he was given permission, with the added condition that he and Kara give Tonks (who had admitted that she felt left out on the adult talk) a tour.


Harry carried an excited Astraea through the main hallway as Kara and Nymphadora followed him.

“Hey Kara right?” Tonks asked.

“Yep and you are Nymphadora Tonks?” Kara replied as Tonks winced at her name.

“Yeah… call me Tonks ok? I really don’t like my name… anyway I need to ask you something!” Tonks said eagerly.

“Ok… Tonks what is it?” Kara asked.

“When Harry introduced you he said you were a soon to be betrothed… what does that mean?” Tonks asked.

“Well, he gave me this ring…” Kara held up her hand proudly to show the beautiful unique ring. “…It’s a promise ring… a promise that we will get married someday.”

“That’s gorgeous… wow that Harry… he’s what six years younger than me? …and he already has a life partner. You know I’m confused though… does a promise ring have no standing in the muggle world? Because in the Wizarding World, a promise ring already means a betrothal.” Tonks said.

“Really! Wow! Then technically, Harry and I are betrothed.” Kara said softly as she looked at Harry who was carrying his sister while Astraea who was facing them looked curiously at Tonk’s pink hair.

“I’m so envious… Nice costume by the way… very sexy. What’s your call sign by the way? S…Sexygirl?” Tonks asked innocently.

Kara did not take offense at all, in fact she laughed all the way to the cafeteria, clutching her tummy that was aching in pain. She couldn’t wait to tell Clark!


***********

A red warning blared across the watch tower as proximity sensors detected a huge ship dropping out of hyperspace.

Harry, Kara, Nymphadora immediately headed to the command center at the heart of Watchtower 1. They found Jonn Jones instructing members, and he saw his mum and the guests standing beside the station.

“Mum” Harry walked over to her and handed Astraea to her arms. Jonn spotted him and said “Good, Apollo you’re here. Sensors indicate a large ship drop out of hyperspace and is now in Mar’s orbit. Unfortunately our sensors cannot pick up an image for some unknown reason.

“You and Katma Tui, and Supergirl will head out and assess the situation and then report back to the Watchtower. We have chosen you three since you all have capabilities to fight and survive in outer space if your Javelin is damaged. Katma will lead the mission, while John Stewart will remain here to boost our defenses. You will be using Javelin 7. Good luck.”

Harry’s mask shimmered into place, and he, Katma and Kara headed out towards the hangar bays as various heroes scrambled into space suits and javelins.

“Wait, you’re sending Harry out there? Isn’t that dangerous?” Sirius asked in concern.

Diana smiled at this as she hugged Astraea closer to her chest. “It is, but my son has been training for these missions most of his life. He is our best warrior and I trust he will return back safely.” Diana said confidently.

“Sirius, you do know Harry already saved the world… remember the story about the huge meteor about to hit earth? Well Harry stopped that, by himself.” Remus said, trying to sound confident although like most parents leaving their kids for the first time in preschool, he was nervous.

Superman noticed their conversation and joined in. “You know in situations like these, Me, Wonder Woman and Barman would head out and investigate these ourselves. Or at least a four man team with at least one of us, or the big three as Flash and the others liked to call it.”

“Then why did you only send three? And two of them children?” Andromeda asked.

“That only shows the high level of confidence and trust we give Apollo, Supergirl and Katma Tui. Two of those three are the most powerful in the league already. Kara and Apollo have been training most of their lives for missions like this, and they have experienced things that will make the bravest man run away. That’s how well prepared they are.” Superman said, as everyone looked at the large monitor as a Javelin streaked across the screen, before disappearing in a flash of white light.


*******
26 minutes later:

“Approaching Mars, disengaging the Hyperdrive.” Apollo said from the controls.

“Roger that Apollo, Supergirl, can you see anything in the sensors?” Katma Tui asked.

“Yes I’m picking up something… locking frequency…” Supergirl said.

An image appeared in the screen, and it showed a large rectangular ship orbiting mars. The ship was damaged and was being pursued by six unknown types of fighters. The white ship valiantly tried to fire back with its turrets, but the fighters proved too agile for the targeting systems. One by one the turrets were getting destroyed.
“Kara, can you zoom in closer to near its engines nozzles, can you enlarge it?” Apollo asked.

Kara nodded and pressed a few button, and the section of the ship zoomed in the screen.

“Katma, That’s a ship of the New Genesis space fleet from the markings here. It says that’s the Providence. We need to help them!” Harry said.


Katma observed the fighter ships and analyzed the situation. “Kara, beam a direct transmission to watchtower of what we are picking on. Harry, make sure not to damage the ship, and if possible capture a pilot alive. We need answers. Go.”


Apollo powered up and apparated outside, and then he headed towards the ship. Two of the fighters flew by him and he immediately fired a couple of beams, destroying their engines. The six stopped engaging and headed towards Apollo, beams in full blaze.

Apollo lured them away, and once they were clear of the Providence, he sped up, forcing the pursuing fighters to form a tight formation beside him. Although these slick, black ships looked very maneuverable, no one could outmaneuver a Green Lantern. Their mass was lighter and as such they could turn and twist and stop, executing dangerous maneuvers that would overload any engine. Apollo’s engine was his body himself, his fuel determination and will.

Apollo looked back, avoiding laser fire as he sped across Mars and past its two moons. He decided he was far enough and he abruptly stopped, and the fighters tried to follow a few seconds later. They were too late though as Apollo let loose a strong blast from his arm that instantly destroyed the ships. He flew back and as he approached done of the disabled craft intent on capturing a prisoner, the pilot pressed a self destruct button and his ship exploded, taking the other disabled fighter with him.

Apollo approached the damaged ship and spotted repair crews trying to put out a raging fire. Apollo boarded the ship and used his power to blanket the flames. The crews looked at him and one of them ordered something, though harry couldn’t hear as the rush of air leaked out towards the hole in the hull he used to enter. He temporarily blocked the gap and wind stopped rushing out and the noise level dropped. The repair crew wearing environmental suits used the opportunity to shut down tabs and levers near the previously unapproachable wall.

The leader of the crew dressed in white approached Apollo and said “Thank you for your assistance, Green Lantern, please step closer into the second layer. Thanks to you we have activated the emergency blast doors. It will work now, so you may release the plug.”

Harry nodded and the wall collapsed, and the wind picked up again. A second later, the blast doors activated, sealing the corridor. The repair crew leader removed his helm and offered his hand.

“My name is Ezere, chief engineer of the Providence. Come, the captain wishes to meet you Green Lantern.” The red headed man said. As Apollo followed the man, he reported his progress to Katma.

“I understand, good work Harry. I just got word from Batman that they will be sending work crews to the Earth’s moon and wait it there. If the providence can manage it, that will be its temporary dock. If you can contact ask the captain to allow Javelin 7 to dock into the Providence, so that we can transfer their command crew back to Watchtower 1. Orion has been alerted about the incident and Batman said he will wait at the watchtower”

“Understood. I’ll call you when they give permission. Apollo out.” He said.

The doors to the bridge slid open, and Apollo walked in after the chief engineer. Apollo noticed a woman sitting in the captain’s chair, her face was familiar, he knew he saw her profile once before in the league’s archives.

The woman was tall, as tall as his own mother, with long black hair held in place by a gold half helm. She wore a red cape and blue overalls.

The woman smiled as she approached them. “Thank you for your assistance green lantern. I was unaware that the mighty Green Lantern Corps was active once more. If it is, perhaps this war will certainly come to conclusion sooner than we hoped. My name is Barda Free, Captain of the Providence.”

Barda Free held out a hand and Apollo promptly took it. “No, the Green Lantern Corps is gone, but there are two lanterns remaining, John Stewart and Katma Tui. I am sure you know John Stewart.” Apollo said.

“Indeed I know him, but who are you? You are quite young, are you a member of the Justice League?” Barda Free asked.

“Apollo, my name is Apollo. I’ve been recently promoted to full membership. My mission leader, Katma Tui requests permission to dock, she has orders from Batman that we should take you to the Watchtower 1, where Orion, temporarily assigned to the League awaits you.” Apollo said.


Barda Free smiled. “Agreed. We need supplies for repairs, tell your leader that she can board, with our thanks.”

After a brief exchange, The Javelin 7 was soon heading home, With Barda Free, and her five officers on board. Apollo was flying directly in front of the ship, acting as a scout and security in case some of the mysterious fighters were still lurking around the area.

“Your new recruit is very powerful and very professional.” Barda remarked as she looked at the green trail Apollo left behind.

“This is his first out of planet mission, I was one of his trainers.” Katma said proudly as Supergirl smiled at hearing the praise for her boyfriend. Harry always heard this complements all throughout his life in the league, and it was enough to make any boy swell his head with ego. But not her Harry.

***********
“Long day?” Hermione asked as Harry descended the stair from the boy’s dorm. His hair was wet and a gray towel was around his neck.

“Yeah… long day…” Harry said as he dropped on the couch like a rock. He leaned his head on the headrest and found himself staring at the face of Luna Lovegood.

“Hey Luna, how are you?” Harry asked.

“Fine… So how was the reunion?” she asked as she played with his neck with her hands, massaging parts of the muscle and shoulders.


“Gooood… ohh that feels gooood.” Harry moaned. Several Ravenclaw students looked up from their studies and smiled at the rare display of Harry Wayne relaxed.

“Luna knew along didn’t she?” Hermione asked as she observed the two.

“Since the first time I met her on the traaaiin.” Harry said.

“Oh… and she knew right away? How did you guess Luna” Daphne asked, joining the conversation as she finished her essay in potions.


“Don’t bother Luna… like I said she’s weird like me. And she’s my friend despite it. I don’t question her, I just accept it.” Harry murmured. Luna beamed at him and she sat on the arm rest to better massage Harry’s neck.

“Huh… I’ll research about it later. Harry you studied the Transfiguration of human body to inanimate objects right?” Hermione asked.

“Mhmm”


“You’re so way advanced than me. That’s fifth year! I was wondering about the effects on the human mind if a person is transfigured into say a book or a pen. What do you think?” Hermione prepared her notes and started writing on them, ready for Harry’s usual lecture that most Ravenclaws listen to.

“kkkz”

“What? Well my hypothesis indicates a complete lockout of all the sense, sight, hearing, taste and smell, touch… I was wondering about the psychological impacts on the person… it’s like sensory deprivation. And I’m wondering about its long term effects, since the brain is so complex and we suddenly transfigure it to s small inorganic object.” Hermione bit the tip of her quill and made a few notes.

“Huuhhkz?”

“You’re right, the brain itself retains its composition since the molecules are so rigid, it should be quite safe to transform the brain matter into solid matter.” Hermione said, writing a few more notes.

“Ahkz!”

“What do you mean? Well maybe it is safer in human to animal transfiguration since the brain is essentially human, retaining the basic pathways of neurons despite the extreme change in size and shape. We just have added animal instincts if we transform into an animal. Thanks Harry you’re wonderful.” Hermione made a last few notes and looked at Harry.


The Wayne heir was sleeping soundly, making snores ever so often, and Hermione could see saliva dripping from his mouth. She was talking with herself all this time! Frustrated, Hermione was tempted to write a mustache on the sleeping boy’s face, but she thought Luna might not allow it.

Hermione grumpily packed her books, making it louder than usual hoping the boy would wake up from the noise.

“Hmph!” Hermione gave a last look at the sleeping Harry in a fake show of irritation and headed to dinner to make sure she can save enough food to bring up to the common room for Harry later.

As the Common room emptied as students headed down for dinner, Luna grabbed a nearby quill and started drawing on random drawings on Harry’s face. She was tempted to do so from the moment he fell asleep, but she felt Hermione would not allow it.

*************

A/N: Reviews? Comments?
Sign up to rate and review this story