Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter17: The pursuit for Truth

by bluminous 21 reviews

The Rat Dance

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2009-05-13 - Updated: 2009-05-14 - 12226 words

5Exciting

Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.

Special thanks to JdMidnight “Jessica” for suggesting the Hogsmeade idea.

Chapter 17: The pursuit for Truth

August 6, Koln, Germany

The Delacours had invited the Greengrass and Grangers for a tour of Germany for two weeks as the stifling heat and the overcrowded streets of Paris proved too much of an inconvenience to properly enjoy the ambiance of the city. All sorts of people walked the streets as the Tourist season opened, and Hermione swore she saw a young man fighting with a street performer that looked like a silver robot man. The change of scenery to the more peaceful and quiet off the track tourist spot of Koln was a welcome change. Mr. Delacour particularly liked Cologne, or Koln if written in Deutsche, and had actually transferred some of the offices of his Company to make use of the renowned German workforce, known for their skills and efficiency.


Luna though went back to England, as she insisted that her Father needed her in hunting rare various magical creatures and help in the Quibbler’s office as the magazine’s yearly special edition was about to come out.


Checking in to one of the more exclusive hotels, the families enjoyed the food although the wine could be better. Fleur, Hermione and Daphne naturally decided to explore the city, eager to explore the various H & M branches and clothing stores. They may not be as glamorous as the Paris shops, but they were certainly functional. Fleur knew Deutsche fluently and Hermione could speak some, allowing the three girls to bargain for prices at the market souvenir shops.

“Wow, that’s a nice jacket.” Daphne spotted something on display and immediately went inside the shop. Fleur and Hermione did not notice and kept walking down the street, not realizing they left their companion at one of the shops.


Daphne grinned as she purchased the gray jacket, it was a bargain at 45 Euros! Clutching her shopping bag, she stepped out of the store and looked around for Fleur and Hermione.

“Uh Oh” Daphne breathed out when she realized she had no idea where she was. She couldn’t speak the language, and she couldn’t understand the words. She heard her phone ring and breathed a sigh of relief. Thank Merlin for the muggle gadget Hermione taught her to use.

“Hello? Hermione! I got lost for a bit! But I got this bargain jacket cheap!” Daphne exclaimed.

“What? No I don’t know where I am… name of the street I’m on? Hold on” Daphne looked around and spotted the large words in front of her. How convenient.

“Einbahnstrabe. I’m on that street.” Daphne said then paused when she heard laughing at the other line.

“That meant one way? Oh…” Daphne said wondering how to meet with her friends. She spotted the famous landmark and had an idea. “Thank Merlin! Look, I can see the Cologne Cathedral, let’s meet up there ok?”


Finally after ten minutes of walking, she reached the Cathedral and spotted Fleur and Hermione looking around, while men gave the beautiful veela a second look. “There you are!” Fleur spotted her and Daphne rushed to hug her friends.

“We got worried when suddenly you disappeared! Next time inform us if you’re going to look or buy at something.” Hermione scolded.

“Sorry Hermione, I won’t do it again… but look at what I bought.” Daphne opened her bag and took out the jacket.

“Wow, very nice, and how much is it?” Fleur asked after inspecting the fabric.

“Only 45 Euros! It’s cheap right?! Compare it to the one at H&M’s, it’s twice the price!” Daphne said.

“Yes, good purchase. Now that we completed our shopping for the second day, what’s next?” Hermione asked as they all headed to a coffee shop.

“Well… when I walked hear I read German advertisements out loud to pass the time, then I read something… schokoladenmuseum… does that mean what I think it is?” Daphne asked.

“Chocolate Museum! Let’s go! I read about it! I can’t believe I didn’t suggest that today!” Hermione said.” They have a chocolate fountain!!!”

“Oh no… please let’s not go there.” Fleur asked, pointing at her figure.

“Please? Fleur? It’s… Chocolate… all you want… imagine that…” Daphne teased Fleur.

“Fine! But I won’t eat more than a couple of bites, stop me if I want more, ok?” Fleur asked and the two girls nodded.

After ordering their coffees, Hermione asked what was the yellow banana sign was for, she noticed some of the galleries and art shops have one in front of their wall or beside the door.

“Well the Yellow Banana is originally a sign of quality, a badge of excellence in the field of arts and design. The man who did that was Baumgartel, I think. Now merchants copy his brand and put them in front of their stores to lure tourists to believe they also have the mark of quality.” Fleur said as a waiter served them their orders.


Daphne sipped her coffee and looked out at the square, when suddenly she spotted Zatanna in civilian clothes walking fast by the plaza. “Zatanna!” Daphne called out as she stood up and waved her arms to attract the witch’s attention.


Zatanna turned her head when she heard someone shout her name, and when she saw the girls, she stopped and smiled, and walked over to their table.

“What are you doing here girls?” Zatanna asked as she sat on the vacant fourth chair.

“We’re having a vacation with our families, and we decided to shop.” Hermione said, showing her shopping bags to the League member.

“That’s nice, you got anything good?” She asked and all three nodded. “You’re probably wondering what I’m doing here, well I need to find some rare magical supplies but the magical shop near here was closed. I was walking back to look for a good coffee shop to take a breather, looks like I found one.”

“You’re welcome to join us… after this we’ll go to a chocolate museum with a chocolate fountain.” Daphne informed her.

Zatanna’s eyes widened. “Seriously?” she asked looking at Daphne, who nodded in confirmation. “Like Charlie and the Chocolate factory? Count me in!” Zatanna said. Gossip, Shopping and Chocolates, a potent combination and a guarantee for a wonderful time.


When they learned that the chocolate museum was only a good ten minute walk, they all agreed to walk instead of taking the cab. The weather was beautiful, sunny and a fresh breeze blew that occasionally played with their hair.

“So how’s Harry?” Hermione asked as they walked at the sidewalk. Zatanna looked around and waved her hand, casting a charm that stops eavesdroppers from hearing their conversation.

“He’s fine. Right now he’s at San Francisco, assigned with the Teen Titans for three weeks.” Zatanna said and Hermione’s mouth dropped. She wanted their autographs!

“I hope he’s doing well, how is Kara coping if Harry is so far from Gotham?” Fleur asked.

“She’s a bit irritable, you know she was expecting the summer to be her time with Harry, and now a month has been taken away from her. She’s still cold a bit towards Katma, since she’s the one who suggested the assignment.” Zatanna laughed as she remembered how Kara would give the evil eye to Katma. Katma wasn’t the type to back down and soon the watchtower was a bitch fest galore, full of hair tossing, subtle insults and evil glares.

“Wait I have to show you something, Cyborg gave me a copy, don’t tell Harry ok?” Zatanna whispered as she brought out a small rectangular screen device. She held it in front of the girls and pressed the play button, immediately showing Harry wearing an apron and… cooking.

He was obviously talking to his audience, explaining patiently as he smoothly chopped, sliced and mashed the ingredients. It looked like a Harry Wayne cooking show, with their best friend looking very handsome on the camera, and it only lacked the intro music. Perhaps that could be fixed.

Cyborg for two weeks recorded every time Harry cooked every meal and soon he had twenty plus episodes of what he dubbed “Chef Harry show.”

“Oh Wow! He’s a natural!” Hermione exclaimed as she along with Fleur and Daphne eagerly watched their best friend in action. They could all just feel the flavors he was describing.

The fours stopped in a park and sat down on a bench to watch their friend, mesmerized at the way he passionately explained what he was doing. Harry took a sip from the soup he was making, and he exclaimed “MMMM that’s good.”

“MMmmm” Hermione, Fleur, Daphne and Zatanna said unconsciously. Finally the video turned off and the episode of Chef Harry was over.

“Wow, I never knew Harry could cook, he’s brilliant! When you think you know someone, they just keep on surprising you.” Hermione said as they resumed walking.

“I would love for him to cook for us a seven course meal at home…” Fleur sighed. Those dishes Harry made in that episode were very sensible, healthy all around complete meals, something her mother would be delighted to eat.

“Here we are!” Hermione pointed at the Chocolate Museum by the river, and they all rushed inside to buy tickets.

“Remember, keep reminding me that I won’t eat more than two bites.” Fleur asked the group and they all nodded.

*********

“Fleur! Two bags only! Did I say you can have four?” Hermione asked her older friend. They were at the souvenir shop after completing the seven euro per person tour. The girls had decided to buy samples of the chocolates to give to their parents and friends, but Fleur looked like she was buying her enough chocolate for Beauxbatons.

“Hmf! Fine!” Fleur returned the extra two bags when she saw something and a wicked smile grew on her face.

Hermione waited at the line as Daphne’s purchases were being processed when Fleur returned with two large packs of chocolate the size of grocery bags.

Fleur raised an eye and smiled naughtily. “Well, you said two bags, yes?”

Hermione nodded, admitting she was defeated in this round. She should have been more specific with her instructions. Their Veela friend was a hard one to watch all throughout the tour. Once she smelled Cocoa it was as if her mind went to overdrive. She was giddy, hyper and laughed all the time, acting like a five year old in a sugar high, while Daphne and Hermione chased her around the museum. Making sure she didn’t destroy anything. Zatanna was of no help at all as she hung out near the fountain, dipping free wafer sticks into the chocolate goodness.

Perhaps she should write a paper on the effects of Chocolate on Veela, Hermione wondered. She looked back at her friend who slipped a piece of free sample chocolate to her mouth when she thought no one was looking. “Fleur!”

*********

10.30 am, September 1, Nine and three quarters station.


Students bustled about the station talking with their friends about their summer adventures. Girls started teasing each other about their developing curves and crushes while boys started noticing the girls as they slowly came out of their girls have cooties stage.

It was then that some girls stopped talking as one of Hogwarts consistent top ten handsome and mysterious boys entered the platform, wearing his trademark gray sweater and slacks. Girls all around eyed the Wayne heir as he strode past the crowd that had for some reason parted before him. Harry Wayne, before he was considered cute, now he was labeled as a hundred percent hot.

“He’s growing up nicely” Astoria Greengrass said as he looked at her daughter’s best friend.

Emma Granger followed her friend’s gaze and smiled. “Yes he is, and I’m betting he’s going to break a lot of hearts now. Tell me again about this Hogsmeade dates?” She asked in concern.


Astoria laughed softly and said. “Don’t worry about it. It’s a small village that caters exclusively to Hogwarts students and visitors. It’s quite safe, and very beautiful at Christmas. I heard my muggle classmates when I was still a student say that it looked like the North Pole, Santa Claus’ home.”

“Ohh I’d love to visit that!” Emma said as she looked at Harry who looked like he grew another couple of inches now that she could see him clearly.

“Hi Harry!” Astoria said as she approached the young man and gave out a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Emma greeted him the same way and arranged his messy hair in a motherly fashion.

“Look how much you have grown! So handsome! I bet you’ll be breaking a lot of Hearts later. I heard from Hermione you’re quite the cook.” Emma teased the charming young man. Finally she couldn’t help her motherly instincts and pinched his cheek lightly. Harry was in a playful and good mood after a wonderful good bye kiss from Kara and Astraea at Gotham and decided to tease back.

“Thank you Mrs. Granger, Lady Greengrass. I’m just an amateur chef though. You lovely ladies don’t look so bad yourselves. Where are your sisters? I mean daughters. Sorry you just look so young and… beautiful.” Harry grinned at the moms, while a few eavesdropping girls and their mothers giggled at his antics.


Astoria and Emma looked at each other and laughed like school girls and gave him radiant smiles. Comments like that certainly boosted their self esteem at their age. “You are too smooth and sweet for your own good Harry. Well we already said our goodbyes to our daughters, they are waiting for you in one of the cabins.” Emma said while Dan Granger came out of the train after helping her daughter and friend in storing their trunks.

“Harry! A word if you please?” Dan asked when he saw Harry and maneuvered the Wayne heir out of hearing distance from the mothers.

“What is it Mr. Granger?” Harry asked.

“Well this year’s going to be a Hogsmeade year, I heard it from Astoria and she told me boys usually ask girls on dates to this village called Hogsmeade…. If you can keep an eye on my Hermione? Make sure no two bit scumbag hurts her or makes her cry. And on Daphne too if you could.” Dan whispered.

“You have my word that I’ll watch over them, though you really don’t have to worry about them. Hermione and Daphne are the smartest girls in school, they can handle trouble and I’m always keeping an eye for them” Harry said seriously.

“Good chap… well, do you need help with your trunk?” Dan asked. Harry shook his head and said “I can handle it Mr. Granger. I think I better get on the train now. Goodbye!”

Harry boarded the train and walked along the length of the corridor, looking for his friends while a few heads turned to his direction. He spotted a few girls giving him the pout, the look and even the wink but he was ignored them as he kept his face impassive.

Finally he found the three girls chatting loudly and he opened the compartment to greet them.

“Harry! Oh wow you’re a hunk!” Hermione ran towards him and gave her best friend a hug. Daphne and Luna followed her and soon they all settled down, eager to share stories now that they were complete.

*************

Gryffindor Team’s cabin

“We need to do something about this… I mean they’re hogging all the good ones!” Katie Bell exclaimed. She tried to look for Harry Wayne, he always caught her attention last year and now she was planning to ask him for a date. Unfortunately she asked his friends and the girls immediately bared their teeth, as if protecting their territory.

“Yeah! I mean we are older than them! They can’t do anything about us! They have to allow us to talk to him!” Alicia said while the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team played exploding snap in their compartment.

“What do you mean all the good ones? Harry Wayne is just one boy, why are you pining after a third year raven claw? You’ve got us!” Fred Weasley leaned closer to Katie but the fourth year pushed him away.


“You don’t understand… I mean his whole stay at Hogwarts he never talks with anyone in a friendly manner. He never expanded his social circle, and I think he’s being held by those evil harpies.” Katie said, referring about Luna Lovegood, Daphne Greengrass and Hermione Granger.


“Forget about Katie, it’s just she had a crush on that Wayne since she saw him get sorted and you know her, she likes the quiet and mysterious types. Alicia joined the bandwagon when she saw how he grew up this summer. Get a grip girl! You’re two years older!” Angelina said while George Weasley, Fred’s twin used her lap as a pillow.

“It’s just unfair! I heard the older Ravenclaw girls were disgruntled too. What if we rough them up a bit?” Katie suggested while Alicia nodded her head. Intimidation tactic among girls have been used in the past.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you” Oliver Wood said from the other side of the compartment.

“What? We can take on those third years.” Katie said arrogantly

“Maybe you can, but that would make Harry Wayne respond.” Oliver Wood said seriously, as his expression darkened.

“Harry Wayne? What does he have to do with this? I know he’s close to them… but will he really step in a middle of a fight between girls? He’s so quiet, if it weren’t for his looks and what he did to Lockhart, nobody would even notice him.” Alicia said, confused.


Oliver sat up from his lazy position and leaned closer to his team mates. He cast a charm on the doors to make sure nobody outside the cabin would hear what he was about to reveal.

“There are several rumors about him from the slytherins… I know it’s not confirmed or anything but rumor has it that most of the slimy snakes avoid him… stay out his way. They stay out of his way and they stay out of his. And get this, it started three years ago when he was just a firstie.” Oliver said as his team mates listened with rapt attention.

Oliver continued his story. “You know about those punks like Pucey and that cheating git Flint? Corber, my year mate was staying in the hospital wing when suddenly a group of fifth year to seventh year Slytherins all went in with broken bones and noses. Although they claimed it was an internal fight for Hierarchy in public, Corber overhead them talking about Wayne that night, about staying out of his way.”

“So what you’re saying is that all those Slytherins got beat up by a first year three years ago?” George Weasley whispered. “I can’t believe it! No first year can do that and scare those Slytherins! They’re cold hearted bastards, the lot of them.”

“Believe it.” Oliver Wood said. “Once I heard that rumor I didn’t believe it myself so I kept an eye on him from time to time. Older Slytherin males pretend he doesn’t exist or even acknowledge his presence when they meet down hallways, and I saw Adrian Pucey once ducking inside a bathroom when he saw Wayne approaching.”

“Let’s not forget how he dragged Lockhart from his office all the way to the Great Hall by his hair.” Fred Weasley mused. “That was a beautiful sight.” George and Oliver nodded in agreement. They too hated the idiotic peacock and his useless lessons.

“Come to think of it, I never saw Slytherins harass even once Granger and Greengrass… and that weird Lovegood girl once he befriended her. I get harassed sometimes because I’m a halfblood, but Granger’s a muggleborns and Greengrass is considered a traitor for breaking pureblood tradition. They should be constantly harassed and bullied but I never saw an incident, even once.” Alicia Spinnet added.


“You think it’s because of Harry Wayne?” Katie asked, her eyes wide with shock at this revelation.

“Probably, he might have something to do with it.” George said.

“I suddenly remembered why those muggleborns, male and female looked surprised when they heard the name Wayne. I learned from dad that Harry’s father, Bruce Wayne is the second richest man on the planet. Harry Wayne’s the heir of all that.” Alicia added.

“Wow… the kid’s got looks, money and girls. If I was him I’d be sleeping around now.” Fred joked and ended up getting smacked in the head by three disapproving faces.

“Fred Weasley! That’s the difference between you and Harry Wayne! He’s a gentleman! I’ll never go out with you!” Katie said hotly.

“I’m not Fred! I’m George! Honestly! Why do people assume that Fred’s the bad boy?” Fred whined.

“Yeah! It’s so immature of you to discriminate me just because of my name! Just because my name’s Fred doesn’t mean I’m the bad twin!” George added.

“Sorry Fred… fine you can take me to the first Hogsmeade weekend” Katie said turning to George. Unfortunately George gave an over the top wink and mouthed success to his twin and that told the three chasers that they were being had… again.

Three slaps to the head from Chasers that constantly practiced three times a week hurling quaffles a hundred yards was mind boggling, literally. Fred and George did not know who was who when the chasers resumed playing exploding snap.

**********


“I said NO! Hermione c’mon! That’s so embarrassing!” Harry said and turned his head to ignore what she said next, but Hermione moved to face him again to plead her case while her new pet, a crossbreed kneazle called Crookshanks, leapt out of her lap and into Daphne’s to be petted.

“Please Harry? Mom was so proud that she showed it to our neighbor that works for the food network. She loved it! They wanted to edit the videos and turn them into episodes to be shown on cable! Please say yes!” Hermione begged.

“Hermione… I’m not that good. I learned how to cook from watching those shows myself!” Harry insisted while Luna and Daphne looked on with amusement at the sight of a flustered Harry Wayne.

“Even so! My mother’s neighbor Ms. Guillory said you were really good, and you had rapport with the audience. She was so surprised when she learned that you were THE elusive Harry Wayne and wanted to take the tapes right then but I took it back.” Hermione said.

“Imagine the youth will get into cooking if you have a show about it! They’ll start to eat right, live more healthy active lifestyles instead of reading fan fiction the whole day!” Hermione added, using logic this time.

“Fan What? Fine! I’ll consider it ok Hermione? You know about my job, I just reached full membership status. I don’t want to be passed over missions because I was cooking.” Harry said.

Hermione’s eyes were watered a bit as her brown eyes sparkled in the sun. “Please?” she asked one more time, using his weakness as Kara suggested.

“Fine! If Mom and Dad approves, then I’ll give my permission to release the episodes recorded by Cyborg. Make sure not to include the one with Raven, or edit it okay? And stop asking for lessons from my girlfriend!” Harry said, giving up from Hermione’s persistence.

“Yes! Don’t worry about it, I asked your parents yesterday by phone and your dad thought it’s a good way to start exposing you to the world.” Hermione beamed at him, happy that her best friend agreed.
************

5pm, Hogwarts Express, 30 kilometers from Hogsmeade Station.


The train suddenly slowed down, and Harry had to catch Luna who was seating beside her from falling to the floor. Crookshanks growled as he looked outside the window.
“Maybe the train’s broken.” Hermione suggested.

“The Hogwarts doesn’t break, it’s full of powerful enchantments to make sure it gets to its destination on time.” Daphne said as she stood up and peered outside the hall. Suddenly their car rocked as if something heavy landed inside. The lights inside the cabin flickered and finally died, plunging their cabin into darkness.

“Don’t light your wands, just keep quiet and stay near me ok?” Harry said and the three girls gathered behind him. Cries and sobs were heard from the front of the train, and it soon got louder as cries were heard in other cars. Harry suddenly felt cold, as did his friends and they buttoned up their cloaks and huddled together. He wanted to transform to Apollo and check for his classmates safety but he couldn’t act without knowing what exactly what was the threat.

They heard cabin doors open and the sound got louder along with the cries of students. Whoever came on board was getting closer. Harry flicked his wand from its wrist holster and gripped it tightly as it got colder and his breath was actually visible in the pail moonlight. It was close.

Their cabin slowly slid open and a dark figure slowly slithered into view. It wore a black tattered black cloak and its black hood hid the face of the creature that now stood before them. A hand gripped the door frame revealing pale hideous skin and long four jointed fingers. Hermione, Daphne and Luna clutched closer together, and buried their faces into Harry’s back. They now understood why their fellow students were crying and if it were not for Harry they would be wailing out too. There were Dementors on board the train.

The black cloak figure wanted to go inside the cabin as it did to the other cabins when suddenly it stopped and sensed something… a powerful being was in the cabin. Can he challenge the being?

“Get out” Harry warned the creature as his eyes flashed green for a moment. The Dementor shrank back as it felt a subtle pulse of ancient power emanate from this being and suddenly it felt fear. Whoever this being was it was no ordinary wizard.

Harry stepped closer to the Dementor and said “Do you want to try me?” The Dementor did not move, unsure of what to do. Harry lunged and grabbed what he thought was the creature’s neck and pushed him to the wall across their cabin.

CRACK!

The wooden wall splintered as the Dementor’s hooded head smashed against it. The creature screamed a high pitch as it felt its neck burn as Harry’s hand glowed with green lantern power. Harry relaxed his crushing grip and the Dementor immediately glided out towards the exit shrieking and calling its companions to get out. The other three Dementors in the other three cars stopped their investigation and a bit of sucking some emotions and fled, following their companion as it disappeared in the darkening skies.

“I thought so” Harry said as he looked at the four retreating Dementors. He wanted to give chase and destroy them, but that would blow away his cover. They were the prisoners of Azkaban, but what were they doing here?

“Thank you Harry…” Hermione said and hugged his friend and Luna and Daphne followed her, hugging Harry and seeking comfort from his presence. After a few minutes Hermione and Daphne settled down enough to start discussing what happened.

“I read about Dementors, but seeing them is something that can never be described in books.” Daphne said softly. They were not badly affected by the Dementors thanks to Harry, but they were still spooked at seeing one up close.

“Hey Luna, are you alright?” Harry asked the second year who was still clutching him tightly. The blonde girl mumbled something, but they couldn’t hear it as her face was pressed against his chest.

“Come again?” Harry asked and Luna looked up at him and said. “I said you smell good.”


*************

“Is it gone? It’s not coming back?” Alicia asked. They knew the Dementor was coming for them next as they heard the cabin before them slide open. But all became quiet once more and the lights came back to life, bathing the light to relieved and terrified students.

Prefects rushed out of their cabins and started to calm down panicked and crying students, although some of them were crying themselves. Fred and George Weasley immediately rushed out of their cabin to check on their younger siblings to see if they were fine.

“No… I knew we were next but then it started screaming and that Dementor and it just rushed out passed us.” Oliver Wood said as he still clutched his wand. He still didn’t let go, who knows if another dark creature would come on board.

“I thought I heard something crack, a broken wand perhaps?” Angelina Johnson asked as she peered out of the glass cabin door. She saw Fred and George and opened the door for them.

“Well Ginny’s fine, although she’s a little shaken up. Those Dementors are nasty.” Fred said as he sat back.

“What about your brothers Ron and Percy? “ Alicia asked.

“Well he’s fine. Although when we arrived he and Neville were hugging each other like girls and their teddies.” Fred said.

“Don’t close that door George.” Oliver stood up when he spotted something and walked out of their cabin and into the wall opposite the cabin beside them. Angelina and George followed him to see what was wrong.

Oliver touched the sudden depression on the wooden wall and the splinters of the broken wood that held small fabrics of old black cloth. “I think I know the source of that cracking sound.” Oliver whispered. As George and Angelina moved closer to look at the damage, Oliver turned around and saw the green eyes of Harry Wayne watching him.

************

“Calm down Neville, it’s gone ok?” Remus Lupin patted the crying third year and rolled his eyes as the boy attempted to hug him. He pushed the boy subtly and looked at the boy’s companion, Ronald Weasley. The boy looked like he wanted a hug to and Remus decided an explain was in order. Besides, he couldn’t let that Rat learn that he smelled hiding in the boys pocket know their plan to expose him.

“I have to go to the head of the Train to make sure we reach Hogwarts on time. And please, don’t ask again Mr. Weasley, I’m not the chocolate man and you have consumed all of my stock in one sitting.” Remus said and shut the door and walked towards the head of the train. He hoped this was not a trend now of boys crying their hearts out in front of their teachers. Sirius would take the mickey out of him if he ever saw him comforting Neville Longbottom and Ronald Weasley.

He wondered though why the ministry was keeping it all quiet about the escape by Sirius Black from Azkaban. They just sent out Dementors out claiming they were added security for the wizarding public. It was dangerous sending out Dementors, they were uncontrollable most of the time and highly immune to standard defensive spells. And the only charm that can work against them was so difficult, only one in fifty wizards and witches could perform Patronous Charm. And only 1 in 50 of wizards capable of the charm can make their Patronous Corporal.

**********


Andromeda woke up when she heard strange noises at her door. She stood up and took out her robe and wand and headed towards the door. It was probably her daughter, Nymphadora who snuck out again for a muggle concert. Geared up to give out a tongue lashing at her misbehaving daughter she was surprised when she saw a familiar black dog.

“Sirius! Oh my God!!” She rushed forward and hugged the dog by his neck and the dog whined and wagged its tail in greeting.

“You can transform Sirius, the Aurors went here days ago to ask questions but they left right after, convinced that you would seek out Narcissa instead.” Andromeda said. “You must be thirsty and starving, let me prepare something.”

“That will be great Andy” Sirius said as he transformed. He took a few steps closer and hugged his favorite cousin.

“I knew you were innocent, I never gave up hope that one day you’d be set free.” Andromeda said tearfully.

After an hour of explaining his story and the reason he escaped, he confided the real story of why he needed her help.

“Little Harry Potter… THE Boy who lived is alive!? Oh Joy!” Andromeda exclaimed. She was present at the young Potter heir’s first birthday, and she even cradled the baby in her arms. Hearing that the boy died away crushed her spirits and also her daughter’s who also played with baby Harry when she was six.

“But you must not tell Dumbledore!” Sirius warned. “We must keep this between ourselves, so far only Remus and now you know of the secret.”

“Of course not!” Andromeda sniffed. “That manipulating old man was the one who put him there in the first place! So many families, including the Bones, the Abbotts and me petitioned in the Wizengamot to have the right to raise him, but as Chief Warlock, he threw away all our petitions!”

“Thanks Andy, I knew I was right coming here… so how’s Ted and Dora?” Sirius asked, munching on the scones.

Andy’s expression fell slightly “Ted passed away three years ago… You know those extreme muggle sports he loved doing before we got married? Well he tried that Bungee Jumping again, unfortunately he didn’t notice that the cord was not tied… you know how forgetful he is. Dora’s fine and we’re coping. We both have moved on, and at least Ted died doing what he loved.”

“I’m sorry for you loss… So Dora still wants to be an Auror? She’s what 19 now?” Sirius asked computing the years he had been gone.

“Yes, she’s in the auror academy now. She’ll be an auror next year.” Andromeda said proudly. A loud crash interrupted them followed by cursing and obscenities that even Sirius haven’t heard off.

“MUUM! I’m Home! And why the hell is a motorcycle parked in my apparition spot?” A young female voice called out from the backyard and Sirius looked at Andromeda, silently asking if he should hide or not.


“Don’t be foolish! Nymphadora’s not stupid! I raised her myself and she knows you’re not capable of that! Let me talk to her first.” Andromeda said and she stood up to give her daughter a bit of warning.


Sirius nervously fingered his wand, unsure of how his auror trainee cousin will react. Even though he knew Nymphadora was family, she’s still an auror… almost. He jumped out of his seat as he heard a shriek down the hall,

“OH MY GOD! HE’S HERE?!!”

“Yes! Now don’t scream Dora, I’m trusting you with this, understand young lady?” Andromeda whispered harshly to her daughter. It seemed that made her daughter calm down and Nymphadora opened the door quickly to meet the first person to ever escaped Azkaban.

“Sirius…” Nymphadora said nervously as she observed the legendary Sirius Black sitting in their kitchen while her mother moved closer to her cousin and reclaimed her seat. She felt assured as she felt the wand in her wrist, ready to be drawn at a moment’s notice.

“Hey Nymphadora! Last time I saw you were sitting in my lap begging to be given a piggy back ride! I see you finally controlled your powers, good for you!” Sirius said, smiling at Andy’s daughter and trying to ease the tension.

He couldn’t believe she’s so grown up now wearing the cadet uniforms of auror trainees. The time in Azkaban sure deprived him of these precious moments. It was like he was in a place where time stood still, where every day was the same as the next. When he escaped, he found everyone had changed, matured or had grown up, without him.


Nymphadora cracked a smile as they both felt the tension ease. He’s not about to go into a murder spree and she’s not off to run and call the aurors. “Uhhh don’t call me Nymphadora please Sirius… I don’t like it. Thanks mom” she shot her mother a scathing look and eased herself into a chair across Sirius.

“But it’s such a beautiful name! Your name means gift of the nymphs because you are so beautiful! And Dora because I once had a pet kitten named Dora, the poor little thing’s dead clumsy, always crashing into posts and doors.” Andromeda defended herself, while Sirius grinned looking at the mother and daughter squabble.

“Gift of the Nymphs my butt! Some of the boys in the barracks think my name stands for Nymphomaniac! Do you understand how it is for me living with 60 male recruits thinking they could score with me during my first year there? Thankfully I changed their perception and they now call me nutcracker.” Dora said proudly, while Sirius cracked up at the name.

Nymphadora noticed this and warned him. “You’ll learn why they call me nutcracker if you call me by that name again.”

“Then what will I call you? Dora?” Sirius asked.

“Nah… that’s for mum. Call me Tonks”


*********

“Stupid Stupid Stupid!” Albus Dumbledore paced his office, he was mad that the minister authorized the Dementors to inspect the train, without even explaining to the public why? Now rumors would be ripe, from Dementors deserting the ministry to a mass breakout of prisoners. If only the minister had announced from the very beginning that Sirius Black escaped, they would not have this problem.

Fudge’s incompetence and fear of Black believing he was the target prompted him to make foolish decisions. He would have to announce why there were Dementors outside Hogwarts grounds to the student population to force the minister to announce it to the public as well. It was a good thing he had instructed Remus to sit beside Neville Longbottom, he knew the boy was susceptible to Dementors, with a tragic pasts like his.

He noticed the time and took out the sorting hat, and headed for the great hall.


*************

September 2, Ravenclaw Common Room


Harry looked out the window and watched as some of the boys from his year played a pick up game of quidditch. He had been disturbed on what to do with Sirius Black, his supposedly parent’s best friend that betrayed the potters to Lord Voldemort. He only learned this during the feast, when the Headmaster announced the true reason why Dementors were stationed near the grounds.

“Harry come one, why are you so worried about Sirius Black?” Hermione asked him while Daphne looked up from writing her potions essay.

“How did you know I was thinking that?” Harry asked, he jumped from sitting at the window ledge and moved to sit beside Daphne at the couch.

“What else will you think about? There’s an escaped mass murderer out there, but you don’t have to brood about catching him yourself. We don’t even know for sure where he’s headed and what his objective is for breaking out.” Hermione said.


“Alright I see your point Hermione. Isn’t it time for Defense?” Harry asked as he gathered his books that were lying on the table.

“You’re right! C’mon Daph! We better get good seats! I think he’s a pretty good professor!” Hermione said eagerly.

“Why do you say that? You haven’t even met him?” Daphne asked.

“Well if you compare the books assigned by our defense professors, his is the best by far. Take a look at this.” Hermione pulled out a book list and handed it to Daphne. “That’s the books he assigned for every year level.”

“Hmmmm Good choices for every year… Oh I wish we had that one last year, elementary wand movements. And ours will be dealing with dark creatures, how to defend against them, and the myths and facts about them. Wow these books are good!” Daphne exclaimed while Harry read over her shoulder.

“I agree, hey maybe we can buy these books from the owl post and study them in advance?” Harry suggested and Hermione and Daphne eagerly nodded.

“Great, I’ll look for a suitable place for us to study theory and practical exercises, maybe I can ask professor Flitwick for some help.” Harry mused.

“That’s a great idea Harry, it would not only help us later in our O.W.L.S., but it would also allow us to practice other subjects that have practical exams like Transfiguration and Charms. Here we are, let’s get good seats.” Hermione opened the door to find their professor Remus Lupin preparing their classroom by pushing a tank towards the middle of the classroom.

Harry immediately dropped his bag to a chair and moved to help the professor while Hermione and Daphne moved closer to watch curiously.

Remus was having a hard time pushing the tank filled with water from the black lake. He didn’t want to use a levitation charm, since the glass has unusual properties that would make it hard to maintain the charm. He wished he had asked Hagrid earlier to move it to the front of the room when he delivered it earlier.

He was surprised though when a pair of arms pushed beside him, and the tank moved faster, creating a grinding sound as its wooden platform slided along the stone floor. What would have taken a five minute chore that would have left him perspiring and breathing hard only lasted a minute with the strong lad’s help.

“Thank you” Remus Lupin said as he regained his breath. He looked at the three students and smiled at them when he spotted the blue stripes on their robes. “Ravenclaw students eh? Figured you were the ones that will be twenty minutes early for class. Ten points to Ravenclaw for helping a professor Mister…?” Remus looked at the dark haired boy that helped him.


He was tall and lean, and looked like he took care of his body as the boy was not even breathing hard from pushing the tank unlike him. The boy had high cheek bones and an unruly set of hair, but not that messy compared to James Potter. He looked at his eyes and he took a deep breath as he saw familiar green eyes looking at him. Was it that easy to find James and Lily’s son? His eyes immediately locked to his forehead, hoping for scar or a faint line even, but he was disappointed to see smooth skin.

“Wayne professor, Harry Wayne.” Harry noticed the professor’s strange reaction when he saw him, and he instantly became guarded.

Remus almost stepped back and his chest tightened at hearing the boy’s name. He smiled slowly and said. “Well, take ten points to Ravenclaw for helping me push this tank to its proper place. He looked at the two girls beside Harry… Wayne and asked for their names. Perhaps that could determine if the boy standing right here was indeed James’ and Lily’s son. Looking closer, he could see hints of James’ nose and hair, Lily’s eyes and cheeks on the boy. This has to be him and he found him before the first day of class!

“My name’s Hermione Granger Professor” Hermione said.

“And I’m Daphne Greengrass professor.” Daphne said from Harry’s left.

Remus smiled at her and said. “Greengrass? Your mother Astoria was my year mate when I was in Hogwarts. I didn’t get along with your Father though.”

Daphne smiled at hearing this. “That’s ok Professor, we don’t like him either. I’ll write to my mom and tell her about you.”

“You do that, and tell her I said hello. Now get to your seats, we have ten minutes left and if you won’t mind, I’d like to ask you about your previous Defense against the Dark arts classes.” Remus asked and he smiled at the eager faces of the three Ravenclaws.

If this was indeed the missing Potter, Remus couldn’t have asked for a more well behaved, mature and bright student. He clearly inherited Lily’s brains and some of James’ looks, but there was something else… he couldn’t place it but he felt like he was being observed in turn by those green eyes during the lesson. They were calculating, taking note of his professor, and Remus actually grew nervous, feeling as if he was being judged and evaluated. He hoped Harry was not some assassin like he read from tabloids about the Department of Mysterious having a secret assassination arm. Now that was a stupid idea.


The bell rang and the students began to pack their books and quills. Remus was tempted to make Harry Wayne stay, but that would immediately throw suspicion on him, and if he guessed right, the boy was sharp and would immediately figure out his intentions.
He wanted to ask so many questions about what happened to him after escaping the Dursleys. Who helped him and raised him? Who are these Waynes that adopted him? So many questions… but he must not forget his mission yet, exposing Peter Pettigrew. They needed that rat to be complacent, he must not suspect anything before the trap has been spring.



***********

“That was a good Lesson! The best I ever had! Professor Lupin really knows his stuff!” Hermione gushed as she kept praising the new defense teacher.

Harry agreed, the lesson was perfectly executed and was actually on par with his tutors. The professor had a way of teaching that was challenging and at the same time fun to learn without being boring. Adding practical lessons after every discussion was a brilliant touch, as third year students, majority of their lessons were still spent on magical theory and using wands were treasured occasions.

He was bothered though with the interest and curiosity the new professor had shown him. His anonymity was slowly being chipped away as Remus Lupin constantly asked for him to recite and answer difficult questions. His fellow raves smiled as he constantly earned points, and by the end of the class he had secured 60 points for his house.

Harry had just come back from his daily exercise during Sunday when a voice interrupted his peaceful morning. “Ah… Good Morning Mr. Wayne, it’s always a pleasure to see at least some students appreciating the morning.”

“Good Morning headmaster, what can I do for you?” Harry asked as he fell in step with the Headmaster as they headed towards the Great Hall.

“I would just like to chat with students from time to time. I have observed your stay here at Hogwarts, and for an American you have adapted quite well in school. Top of your class in defense and transfiguration, you, Ms. Granger and Ms. Greengrass have practically dominated your year.” Dumbledore said as his eyes twinkled.


“Yes, we take our studies very seriously Headmaster. We all are planning to take Arithmacy and Ancient Runes as our Electives” Harry said, he was wondering what the Headmaster planning with this talk.


“Very Good! I dare say Professor Babbling and Vector would be very happy to learn that the three brightest students of your year will enroll at their classes. Now… I understand this year that you are going to Hogsmeade? Because I know for a fact that several young witches find you quite fanciful.” Dumbledore plucked a lemon drop from his pocket and put in his mouth.


“Really professor? But is not that my personal business then, why are you talking to me about this?” Harry said finally figuring out Dumbledore’s intention and he did not like it.

The boy was sharp indeed, Albus thought. He would be a valuable ally if he could get to him. “As Headmaster it is my responsibility to give a balanced and well rounded education to my students. Expanding your group of friends will do that, help you see more opportunities, more horizons to gaze.”


“I will keep that in mind then.” Harry stared at the headmaster, he was getting pissed but kept his impassive mask up. “But remember this Headmaster, it is not your business to dictate who I choose as my friends, you will do well to remember that. Good day.” Harry walked away from the old man and headed to the common room. He hoped Hermione and Daphne were awake, he needed their inputs about what they thought of the incident.


Albus felt a cold chill in his spine. He saw the warning in the boy’s eyes, and knew the boy could deliver if provoked. He needed to this gently and carefully. The Wayne heir was certainly imposing if he wanted to, who knew the bookish Ravenclaw was that intimidating when provoked? He had nerves of steel, the Headmaster had to give him that, for standing up to him and even warning him to stay out of the boy’s business.


*********
Sept 25

The first Hogsmeade weekend was coming up, and Harry had to constantly turn down the occasional witch, claiming he has a girlfriend. The rejected girls thought he was playing hard to get or shy, after all what type of thirteen year old already has a steady girlfriend? They found his hesitancy to talk with them to be incredibly cute and persisted on asking him with every opportunity. Harry’s anonymity had completely vanished, and now he was gaining popularity and reputation for being the best student at Defense and Transfiguration, much to his irritation.

Students would randomly talk to him in hallways, and girls even in the seventh year would tease him as he walked to the library, trying to make him blush. He ignored it all, but now he had to be more careful as more people began to take notice of his actions. Where once he was an anonymous face in the crowd, now the crowd began to whisper and talk whenever he passed by.


“So who are you going with to Hogsmeade?” Harry asked Luna, Hermione and Daphne as they walked on either side of him.


“I’m not yet allowed to go, but I will spend the entire day with Hagrid, he promised to show me some magical creatures. But Harry, can you buy me a pack of chocolates? I’ll pay you back.” Luna asked and Harry immediately nodded.

“Sure Luna, and don’t worry about it, it’s my treat Luna, I’m also planning to buy some chocolates to give to Kara.” Harry said and asked his two other companions. “How about you ladies?”

“No one really, have you seen the maturity of the boys here? And going to Hogsmeade does not necessarily mean you’re going on a date. I think I’ll just try out the Butterbeer they keep talking about.” Hermione said.

“Yeah, and I’d like to check the bookstore there, mom said they have nice stationeries.” Daphne said and then turned to Harry. “What about you? You’re just going to buy chocolates?”

“I think I’d hang out with the two of you… I’d like to see the village myself.” Harry said then he stopped when a group of girls suddenly blocked their way.


“Hi Harry! It’s Harry isn’t it?” A brunette asked and her group giggled with her to Hermione and Daphne’s irritation while Luna imitated the girls and giggled herself before coughing. Giggling like that was hard to do!

“No… I think you mistook me with someone… my name’s Barry” Harry said brightly then turned to his friends. “Let’s go.” He pushed past his way through the throng while Luna, Hermione and Daphne followed him.

The brunette and her group looked confused and they took several seconds to think things through, but that was all Harry needed to escape them.

Once they went past a corner, they couldn’t take it anymore and cracked up laughing “I couldn’t believe they fell for that!” Hermione exclaimed as she laughed clutching Harry for balance.
Harry grinned at her. “Thanks. Wally taught me that, act like you don’t know what they are talking about. In other words, act dumb.” That set of another bout of laughter from the group.

“Harry, what are you going to do with those who wanted to ask you to Hogsmeade? I heard Cho Chang talking to Marietta that they were planning to ask you next week” Daphne asked.

“I honestly don’t know. I already told them I have a girlfriend, but they simply do not believe me.” Harry said, keeping a watch for any more ambush by aggressive witches.

Hermione suddenly smiled and said. “I think I have an idea”

Harry looked at her hopefully. “What is it?”

Hermione just smiled and said “It’s a secret”

***********

June 1

The village of Hogsmeade was a quaint little town that caters mostly to students and the faculty’s needs. During special occasions on the school, some of the villagers turn their homes into makeshift hotels whenever the three broomsticks and the Hog’s head was fully booked by guests and visitors.

Madam Rosmerta, a busty 42 year old woman owned the bar and inn Three Broomsticks. The inn catered mostly to the mainstream market, Students, their parents and families. During Hogsmeade weekends, the establishment is usually filled to capacity, and Madam Rosmerta usually places doors and tables outside the establishment to increase capacity if the weather permits.



Harry Wayne waited impatiently as he sat in one of the tables while he spent most of the time turning down hopefuls who noticed that there was a vacant seat on the table for two he was sitting on. Hermione said he should wait here for them, and he wondered if her plan really worked. Right now it isn’t working, and it was only thanks to Madam Rosmerta who sat in his chair to chat allowed him to relax for a few minutes. Where are Daphne and Hermione?


“So what do we do next? We finished the candy orders by the sophomores.” Fred Weasley asked. They were running a delivery order for the poor students that were not allowed to go to Hogsmeade, but they asked for a commission of course.

“The firsties? Fifth year Nigel Robbards asked us to buy that pendant for his girlfriend.” George replied. “Let’s buy the firsties candies first… poor chaps stuck in…. wow.” George Weasley’s eyes widened as he spotted a very pretty young woman, around fifteen or sixteen walking along the main Hogsmeade street.

Fred Weasley followed his twin’s gaze and breathed out. “Whoa… who’s the goddess?” The young woman who had long blonde hair and wearing a muggle white sweater looked curiously at the village while some boys looked at her with interest. Finally she spotted the three broomsticks and headed inside.

Fred and George looked at each other and nodded, following the goddess inside the establishment. Hopefully they could get her name and floo address by the end of the day.

Harry was looking at the bar observing the various magical drinks aside from firewhiskey when the noise created by the customers suddenly stopped. He looked around and saw most of the boys and some of the girls looking behind him, and he was about to follow their gaze when a pair of familiar arms engulfed him from behind, wrapping him in a tight hug.

“Hey handsome!” Kara said and Harry turned around in her arms. He smiled at her and hugged her back, relishing her presence after weeks of not seeing her. Finally he couldn’t control himself and planted a good kiss on her lips. Kara smiled as he kissed her and welcomed it. She really owed Hermione for suggesting this.

“Kara! How did you get here?” Harry said happily as he placed his hands on her waist to keep her close. He looked at her naughty yet happy face and guessed. “This must be Hermione’s plan? I really must thank her then.”

“You read my mind Harry. Now why don’t we sit down, I think were attracting too much attention” Kara whispered. Harry looked around and saw she was right. Boys were looking at them with mouths open in shock and jealousy while girls looked at them with cheesy, sad, disbelieving and sappy expressions.

“Uhmm maybe we should go someplace else for some privacy? I know a place.” Harry said and Kara nodded. He took the two unopened bottles he ordered earlier and took it with him, while Kara locked her elbow with his as they moved past the students who by now have recovered from shock and had started talking among themselves.

Minerva McGonagall watched her prized transfiguration student leave with his slightly older girlfriend and immediately turned to her colleagues. “Harry Wayne certainly knows a way with the ladies.” She murmured and Pomona Sprout nodded.

“Indeed, when I heard him in the greenhouse turning down Susan Bones because he is already seeing someone, I thought he was making it up. The girlfriend’s gorgeous, she’s got nice strong arms and she’s obviously fit like him, Her beauty’ s out of this world.” Pomona said. Gossip was the best part of teaching, and now Harry Wayne’s love life was the hottest topic


“I wonder where she’s from? Beauxbatons perhaps?” Septima Vector asked.

“No, I heard her speak, she’s obviously an American like Mr. Wayne.” Minerva mused.

“That’s so romantic… going all the way here just to have a date with Mr. Wayne.” Pomona sighed.

“If my boyfriend’s that rich I would too.” Septima said.

**********


Harry and Kara practically ran across Hogsmeade hand in hand past surprised students. They each carried their unopened butterbeer in their free hands as they laughed and enjoyed each other’s company. Harry dreamed of showing his Kara to the world, that he loved her. The audience watching them earlier might not be the whole world, just half of Hogwart’s student population but it will do.

“Where are we going?” Kara asked. Harry looked around as they headed deeper into the nearby forest. Once he was sure they were alone he engulfed both of them and headed towards the cliff where he practiced every morning. It had a good view of Hogwarts Castle as it towered over the lake and the nearby Hogsmeade village.

“Well, this is where I go every morning to practice. That’s Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.” Harry said as he sat on the grassy ground and Kara followed him, sitting down and leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Let’s taste this butterbeer, Zatanna said it was supposed to be good. Honey, can you form a cap opener?” Harry asked. This was their game sometimes to help practice Kara’s newly acquired Green Lantern powers.

Kara smiled and her eyes turned from sky blue to green and her ring flared into life and formed a construct of a can opener. “No Sweat” Kara said, maintaining the construct as Harry opened both their bottles. Kara turned off her power and grabbed a bottle offered by Harry.

“Not bad… Not bad at all.” Kara said after taking a drink. It tasted like rootbeer, but with less acidic content and less sugar.

“Yeah, I could get used to this.” Harry said, taking another drink as Kara leaned on his side. He pointed various places to his girlfriend, like the quidditch pitch, the forbidden forest and the greenhouses.

“Your school’s very nice! A real medieval castle! I can’t imagine living inside for months! And… is that a sea monster?” Kara asked as she spotted a huge tentacle rise up from the lake and fall back into the water, splashing some students who were near the water’s edge.


“I thought of that too when I first saw that thing… it’s actually a giant squid, or a kracken. It’s harmless although I was thinking if Aquaman would like to talk to it? Krackens are very rare now and the only one we know is based near Atlantis.” Harry suggested.

“That’s a good idea you know…” Kara said, then she suddenly moved and pushed Harry until he was flat on his back.

“Hey! Kara!” Harry said but he stopped when Kara sat on his tummy and grabbed his hands, pinning him to the ground. Her eyes sparkled in the sun. They were full of mirth and play as she looked at her boyfriend.


“I got you…” Kara said playfully as she adjusted her position. She let her long blonde hair fall over his face, tickling his cheeks and ear.

“Kara…” Harry struggled for a moment but his girlfriend was too strong. He smiled at her, resigned and finally accepting that she was the one in control in this round… this time.

********

“Let me see Daphne! You’re hogging the telescope!” Hermione said uncharacteristically impatient as she watched her friend adjust the depth control of the telescope.

“Hold on a minute! This thing’s hard to adjust… oh there!.. Oh my!” Daphne breathed out.

“What is it? Let me see!” Hermione insisted. Daphne stepped back for a moment, her cheeks flushed red. Hermione peered in the eyepiece and once she spotted her target, she said breathlessly “Oh my…”

Kara had Harry pinned down the cliff’s edge, and she was straddling his body while she playfully kissed him. Harry kissed her back passionately, unmoving as Kara held him down.

Hermione licked her lips and her breathing tightened, before she was pushed aside as Daphne took her turn and looked on the telescope. Hermione did not even bother to berate her friend, as images of the romantic and passionate kiss played in her mind. She did admit to herself, it was a very passionate sight and she couldn’t wait to find someone perfect for her and become her boyfriend.




**********
June 6

Hermione’s plan seemed to have worked as girls stopped approaching him asking him out for Hogsmeade, though they still continued to talk with him outside of classes, which was perfectly normal. He found Susan Bones to be quite a clever conversationalist, and the same with Ernie Macnamillian who admitted that he thought Harry was a bit of a snob at first.

During transfiguration Professor McGonagall required those with magical pets to bring them to class for an unusual lesson, identifying magical auras of their pets and familiars, but she added a strict instruction, to make sure all animals were properly secured in their cages.

Hermione had a hard time coaxing her pet Crookshanks to his carrier, as the cat was used to having his own ways and roamed the grounds since the start of classes. Daphne didn’t have any pet and so asked Harry to share Hedwig with her for the practical exercises. Harry agreed since he figured they would only cast identifying charms and it was not harmful to their pets and familiars.


“Why is Professor Lupin here?” Hermione whispered as she entered the Transfiguration classroom. Their Defense Professor was talking with Professor McGonagall over tea, waiting for the bell to signal the start the class.

“I don’t know… maybe he’s here to help in the lesson, I read about human to animal transfiguration and the theory is hard to understand.” Harry admitted. Professor Lupin gave them a glance and a smile and returned to his intense discussion with Professor McGonagall.


Soon the classroom was abuzz with the sounds of talking and the hoots, squawks, meows and squeaks of their caged pets. Professor McGonagall stood up and called the classes attention, and it was a testament to her powers of intimidation that even the animals grew quiet and looked at her.

“Good Morning! Now most of you are probably wondering why I asked you to bring your pets. Some know what is in store for this class. Mr. Wayne?” Professor McGonagall asked as she looked over the students, she did not even turn her head to Harry.


“Uhmm Our lesson for today is about human to animal and animal to human transfiguration and usually it’s at the end of third year or fourth year before we attempt it. We would need to understand the theory of cellular and evolution transfiguration before practicing the spell Ostendium Bestias on our familiars.” Harry said as Minerva looked at him with approval.

“Correct. five points to Ravenclaw.” Minerva said as she looked at Remus Lupin who looked shocked. Remus had asked her earlier if there was a student that had the potential to be as gifted or even better than James Potter. She told Remus she knew of one third year who if compared to James at that age, clearly surpassed his old friend. Of course Remus did not believe her and claimed that by that time James could already perform basic animal to human transfiguration.

That was the result of the class and a bet of one case of Ogden’s firewhiskey. She was so confident of her student that she moved the lesson in advance from its original slot of after the new year. Pushing her victory, she asked Mr. Wayne again. “Can you perform the charm Mr. Wayne? And explain to your fellow students please.”

Harry nodded and lifted Hedwig’s cage to his desk. He looked at his classmates who were now looking at him with rapt attention, while others were making puppy eyes at him.

“The charm Ostendium Bestias is a revealing spell that alerts the user if the current animal is actually a wizard or witch, unable to return themselves to their original state. During the 1700 punishment to wizards who broke minor laws was to be forcefully transfigured into animals for a pre determined period or pay a high fine. Thus the spell was invented to see if the cow or chicken you are going to slaughter is an animal or a transfigured human.”

Harry reached out between the bars and stroked Hedwig’s plumage to reassure her then continued. “The spell which if I perform correctly will make an smoke rise up from the animal’s body and take the shape of its original form. The wand movement is a diagonal jab to the right and a flick downwards.”

Harry flicked his wrist and his wand snapped to his hands. Turning to Hedwig he pointed his wand to his owl and said in a loud clear voice. “Ostendium Bestias!”

Hedwig flapped her wings as a silver light erupted from Harry’s wand and hit her body. It had no apparent effect at first, before suddenly small tendrils of smoke rose up from every part of her body. The smoke merged until at the top of her cage the smoke clearly formed the exact silhouette of Hedwig before it dispersed.

Cheers and claps soon followed and Remus sighed and gave a defeated nod to a Minerva. He was amazed at Harry’s flair for transfiguration, but right now he couldn’t keep his eyes of the caged rat in Ronald Weasley’s table.

“Excellent! Take 15 well deserved points to Ravenclaw.” Professor McGonagall said and she turned to the rest of the class and began her lecture on the complex transfiguration spell. The students eagerly listened to her lecture as they all wanted to make smoke rise out of their pets.

“Professor? What about if that animal is a human or an animagus?” Hermione asked and Remus looked like he wanted to kiss the girl in gratitude. He won’t need to do much and look like he was manipulating this event.

McGonagall looked at her student and answered immediately. “Good question Ms. Granger. If a human is indeed locked in human form a human shape smoke would appear over the animal’s head. If an animagus is hit by the spell while in his or her animagus form, she would get a red smoke that would change rapidly from the human to animal shape.”

It was time to act and as he suspected, Ronald Weasley was not proficient in the spell as Harry as he nearly poke the eye of his pet rat with his wild wand waving theatrics. “Mr. Weasley perhaps you need some assistance?” Remus asked and the boy nodded eagerly. He moved to help the boy when Minerva interrupted him.


“That won’t be necessary professor, just watch the other students for me. Weasley and Longbottom are very special students and as such, they need very special attention.” Minerva said, causing the mentioned boys to mistakenly swell with pride.

“Look at my wand movement Mr. Weasley” Minerva said in a no nonsense business like tone. She waved her wand and pointed it to a now squirming rat who by now realized what was Remus’ plan of attack, but it was too late. Red tendrils of smoke rose from his gray fur as he squirmed around the cage and soon a clear shape of a mad rapidly shrinking to a rat and back appeared over the cage.

“My word!” Minerva said and she immediately opened the cage, thinking a trapped animagus or human was inside while the rest of the students watched the spectacle.

“No don’t!” Remus shouted but it was too late, and as Minerva clutched the rat by its tail, it bit her finger and she let go in surprise. The rat fell inside the sleeve of her dress while the students and Remus looked on with shock.

Minerva McGonagall straightened up then jerked her upper body as she felt the rat travel inside her dress. It moved up and poked its small head up her neckline and promptly retreated back as it saw the dozens of eyes looking at him.

Minerva started shrieking and jumping hoping to shake loose the rodent invasion of her green dress. “Get it off! Get it off! Fucking get it off Remus!”

Ron Weasley in effort to help his head of house tried to capture the bulge in the dress inadvertently groping the Deputy headmistress as his wands wandered all around hoping to catch the lump. Finally Ron felt a lump and squeezed hard and yelled proudly “I got it!”

Sadly what he grabbed was the wrong lump and he got smacked in the face by a furiously blushing and red faced teacher. Ron followed where his hand was and saw it was right on McGonagall’s chest. He gave another squeeze and hoped there was a responding squeak but it was not be. Another slap to the face and he let go and Minerva continued her ‘rat dance’ as the audience including Remus Lupin looked on with shock.

Finally the rat found an escape as it squeezed through and dropped to the floor under the skirts. Peter Pettigrew wasn’t always smart and he looked up to see where he came from. What he saw scared him and he immediately dashed through a forest of feet squeaking in fright. Remus attempted to chase after him but the rat moved to fast and he couldn’t risk using a spell with so many students between him.

The rat finally spotted the exit and just before he was about to escape, a white figure swooped over him and locked him into its talons, nearly squeezing the life out of him. A white owl circled the room once and landed on the shoulder of Harry Wayne.

Hedwig fondly gave the captured and dazed prey to its master as a gift and Harry took it, grabbing it by the back of its head to prevent it from biting him. He stroked Hedwig’s chest gently, praising her.

“Good girl Hedwig… what a smart and pretty girl you are.” Harry praised his pet causing her to puff up with pride and reply with a few pleased hoots. Harry looked at the rat and dumped the now stunned animal into Hedwig’s cage. He looked up to see every pair of eyes on him.

“What?”

*************

A/N: Reviews? Suggestions? Thank you for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story