Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 13z: Welcome to the World

by bluminous 19 reviews

What a cute baby!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-04-29 - Updated: 2009-04-29 - 7579 words

5Funny
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.
Now, thank you for the hundreds of suggested names, and I would like to commend Rusty32539 for his suggestion, Astraea. I was seriously considering the name Panacea from Berng. Alexandra is also a good name, it meant guardian of man.

Apologies for the delay, my laptop bag got screwed over by the Airline. Thankfully I got it back with a nice compensation package.

Chapter 13: Welcome to the world.

Royal Palace, Themyscira May 2 1993


Themyscira’s Warriors are known for their warrior skill in combat and strict discipline. They never showed their emotions through their thick gold helms, yet most of them were biting their cheeks and hiding their grins at the amusing sight.

The Dark knight, as the Amazons called the bravest and most noble man on earth paced the courtyard with nervous and unsure steps. He would reach a tree and knock on it bark before walking back to the entrance of Diana’s room and banging his head on the wooden door. His son Harry Apollo was no better as he kept on pulling precious leaves from his grandmother’s garden. Now and then a scream would be heard from the window that would cause both Wayne men to jump up and snap their necks toward the direction of the door. Both wanted to come in but Hippolyta refused them entry when she saw how they were handling the pressure. Chaotic.

“Take deep breaths daughter! Deep Breathes!” Hippolyta’s voice was heard through the window and Harry and Bruce also took deep gulps of air.

“Now exhale!”

The Wayne men let out breaths, and small smiles appeared on the Themysciran guards’ faces.

“Inhale!”

Both men took again great gulps of air. The Amazonians were struggling to remain still now. Their rock hard discipline crumbling at the amusing spectacle as they watched the two males were walking around the courtyard like trapped deer,

“Exhale…. Yes that’s it. Kara please hand the healer that towel…”

Bruce and Harry exhaled again and wiped both their sweaty foreheads.


“ARGGHHH!” Diana squeezed her mother’s hand as she labored on. The contractions were getting more intense and occurred more the past hour. The baby was arriving soon.


“Where is my Bruce?! And Harry!?” Diana said as she gripped the hand of her mother while the healer wiped the sweat of her brow.

“Outside on the courtyard, they made such a ruckus that I sent them out.” Hippolyta said as she gave a reassuring smile to her daughter.

“Send them in, please mother… O HERA!” Diana said as she arced her back in pain.
“Very Well, but they should know better than to behave like a confused pair of chickens running around knocking the monitoring equipment.” Hippolyta sighed and motioned for one of the attending physicians to fetch the Wayne Men.

The attendant opened the door and called the two panicked males. When they heard that they were invited in, Bruce and Harry immediately rushed towards the door, crashing to each other and sending both tumbling down to the grass field. Bruce and Harry ignored the accident and immediately stood up rubbing their foreheads and rushed past the attendant, this time knocking her to the ground.

Spears and shields fell down the dirt as Helena and her elite guard laughed their asses off. It was a good thing too that she borrowed Kara’s video recorder to record the funny and extremely rare sight. Even the gates of Tartarus the Dark Knight didn’t show any fear, but this takes the cake.

The inner door opened and an agitated Bruce and Harry went inside the chamber and once they spotted Diana, they rushed to her side almost knocking down another healer.


Diana smiled at her favorite men in the world before she closed her eyes as another contraction rocked her body. She arced her back and she screamed. “OH GODS!”


“Push Princess! The baby’s coming out!” One of the healers said and Diana gritted her teeth as she pushed with all she was worth.

Bruce and Harry eyes grew wide and their mouths dropped open in fear at seeing their beloved Diana convulsed in pain. Her face was full of sweat and they could both hear her groans as she gritted her teeth. It was getting hot and both men suddenly felt dizzy, the air stifling and they struggled to breathe. Diana let out another agonizing moan and her Wayne men passed out... again.


Hippolyta groaned and smacked her face with frustration. This was the third time they fainted, but at least they didn’t destroy anything. Kara shook them awake and the Wayne men were led back to Diana’s side and the princess gripped her Husband’s arm as she prepared for the final push. Bruce winced at the strong grip but he kept silent, his wife was about to give birth and she needed his presence. Harry breathed deeply in sync with his Mother as he massaged his arm tenderly, his green eyes watching her face.

“PUSH!” the Healer commanded and Diana screamed her loudest as Kara moved closer to Harry and Bruce, prepared to catch them if they fainted.

“AAAAAAHHHHH” Diana screamed for the last time and she was answered by a pure joyous sound.

“WAAAAAAAAAAA” A clear young voice answered her mother, and the healers rushed to assess the new born baby. Hippolyta bounced eagerly on her toes and she laughed in pure joy while tears fell down her cheeks. She turned to the window and shouted “Thank Hera!!!”


The baby kept crying as Diana was engulfed by a quietly crying Bruce Wayne. “I’m so proud of you, Diana” Bruce murmured and Diana smiled in relief. After a few minutes Hippolyta appeared at their side holding a newborn baby wrapped in soft towels and held the precious being to Diana.


“Here is your daughter, Diana. A strong, healthy fine baby.” Hippolyta placed her gently to Diana’s eager arms and the baby snuggled closer to her mother.

“A daughter…our beautiful baby girl” Bruce whispered as he stared at the baby with pink wrinkled skin. “My baby! Thank the gods for this gift!” Diana said as she held her breast to her child and the baby instinctively suckled, drinking nourishment from her milk. Diana beamed in pleasure as she fondly stroked her baby’s black soft hair. The Healers left the room, their task done and headed to their own rooms to give the family time to welcome their newest member.

After long minutes staring at the baby, Hippolyta asked the question nagging her mind for months. “What would you name Themyscira’s newest princess?”

Diana looked at Bruce and the couple shared a loving smile before she turned to her mother and answered. “Her name is Astraea Martha Wayne, Astraea, which is after the goddess of justice and truth and Martha for Bruce’s mother.”

Hippolyta nodded in approval and she leaned closer to her grandchild, cooing and tickling Astraea’s chin. The baby finished suckling and gave a small smile, showing a cute dimple. The parents beamed in pleasure as they gazed fondly at their child. She seemed so perfect, and so beautiful, the most wondrous sight they had ever seen. They felt even more pleasure as the little princess opened her eyes for the first time revealing a lovely shade of blue, similar to Paradise Island’s skies.


It seemed that Paradise Island was even more beautiful, and her Amazons citizens looked around at the blooming flowers and gentle waves. A cool comforting wind lapped at their faces as exotic birds sang out intricate songs. Hippolyta looked at the clouds outside her window and murmured “Thank Hera.” The clouds parted and a ray of sunlight bathed their room in a golden ethereal glow.


After a long moment Diana passed Astraea to her husband’s steady arms, and Bruce Wayne tenderly carried his daughter with an awestruck look on his face. Diana smiled at the rare sight, as she gazed at her husband whom many thought was not capable of gentleness. But now Bruce Wayne held his daughter with surprising gentleness as he rubbed his nose with his daughter’s. Astraea made a pleased sound and both parents smiled at hearing the beautiful sound.


Diana looked around for her son and spotted him near the foot of the bed with a look of longing on his face while Kara held his hand.

“Harry? Why don’t you greet your new sister? Don’t you want to meet her? You can touch her, say hello to your sister.” Diana asked as she patted the side of the bed, beckoning her other baby to sit beside her. Bruce adjusted his strong arms and gave back Astraea to her mother.

Harry, who was raised by adults never had much experience with children, hesitantly took a few steps forward after a gentle nudge from Kara. He never took his eyes of the now sleeping baby in his mother’s arms as he sat on the bed.

“Are you sure? She’s so small, I don’t want to hurt her.” Harry whispered but Diana gave a reassuring smile and carefully placed her sleeping daughter on Harry’s arms. Harry imitated how his parents carried Astraea and soon the baby snuggled closer to his body as a soothing wind blew across the room. Harry gave the brightest smile and anyone had seen, including Kara.


Bruce and Diana smiled fondly as they eyed their eldest carrying the newest member of the family. Bruce leaned down and gave Diana a kiss on her temple and whispered. “I’m so proud of you Diana.” The princess of Themyscira smiled tiredly, super strength or not, delivering Astraea was tiring, but it was worth the effort and more. Her daughter was a gift from the gods.

The Queen decided that it was time for mother and daughter to rest, and suggested that Bruce, Harry and Kara have a meal since they haven’t eaten anything for the past 12 hours. The three, after giving hurt puppy looks, which was very amusing look for Batman, headed to the kitchen dragging their feet. They wanted to spend more time with Astraea and Diana. Bruce however theorized that this was just a ploy by the eager Amazon Queen to spend some quality time with her granddaughter. He would create a table to plot the hours each adult spent with his baby princess, determined to get the lion’s share of the hours, aside from Diana. No immortal queen would steal precious hours spending time with Astraea from him.

As the party walked towards the kitchens for some refreshments Harry leaned closer to Kara and said. “I don’t think we’ll have babies just yet Kara in the future, if I can’t bear to see my mother in pain, what more you?”

Kara laughed with Bruce and Hippolyta frowned and eyed her grandson. “I still want great grandbabies”

*************


The next week was the most exciting adventure the Wayne Family had. They had spent two weeks in Themyscira, where an army of eager Amazon babysitters tended to their new princess. Astraea proved to be a delightful child, and while her cries were loud enough to reach the Tartarus; the warriors smiled proving that this was indeed a future Amazon warrior.

Harry spent his time playing and tending to Astraea when she was awake, her eyes focusing on her big brother’s face as he made funny facial expressions for her amusement. Harry would spend many hours by her crib and he would be rewarded with her radiant smile that would melt most hearts. Whenever Astraea was not available, Harry and Kara would take long walks on the beach, and there they discussed their secrets and dreams, aspirations for a better future. Harry was eager to train Kara with her new found lantern powers for it would make her a formidable force in the league. Jonn had decided to train the two at the start of June where John Stewart and Katma Tui had agreed to help Kara while specially selected League Members would evaluate Apollo’s mental fortitude and fighting skill.


July arrived quickly for Harry and Kara, and with a heavy heart they waved back to Bruce, Diana, Astraea and Hippolyta. Astraea was on top of Bruce’s head, her tiny fists clutching locks of his hair as she made baby noises while Bruce’s strong arms gently supported her. It was Astraea’s favorite position, for she liked to see everything and her father’s head was an excellent vantage point. It seemed young Astraea loved to feel the wind on her face, even at such a young age.

“Take care Harry, and we will see you on your birthday, okay?” Diana said as she hugged her eldest. Harry kissed her cheek and she turned to Kara and hugged her in turn. “You will also take care, daughter of my heart, and please watch Harry for me.”

“Don’t worry Diana, I’ve got my eye on my Harry here.” Kara said as she kissed her future mother in law’s cheek. Bruce gave an approving smile to Harry and Kara while Astraea smiled and made incoherent sounds while drool dropped from her mouth to her father’s messy hair. Hippolyta mouthed “Great Grandbabies” to Kara again, making the poor Kryptonian blush. Fortunately only one pair of eyes saw the naughty queen’s actions, and they were only a month old.

The two stepped back and they disappeared in a flash of bright dazzling light as the League’s teleport systems locked on them and transported them to watchtower 1. Astraea moved excitedly as she saw the display of light and Bruce winced as his hair was pulled hard. His daughter clearly inherited her mother’s strength.

The three adults and their precious baby headed back inside the palace for a celebratory feast; it would be the first time Astraea would be introduced to the Themysciran public.


************

“That’s it! Now maintain that aura, now attack me at the same time!” John said as he maintained his own green field. Kara nodded as sweat formed from her brow as she focused her concentration on multiple functions. Both John and Katma had kept their old powerless rings for sentimental value, but when Harry took both rings with his hands, the rings slightly changed in design, but they pulsed with the familiar green power and Katma and John tearfully celebrated at having their powers returned. Now John was training Kara with her new unique ring while Katma instructed Harry on the finer points of Lantern power by demonstrating her impressive control.


A green beam burst from Kara’s ring and hit John Stewart’s shield, sending off John for a few meters but his shield held. “Good! That was much better Kara, now aside from your heat vision, you have another offensive range capability. It would greatly increase your stamina in a long engagement. Let’s get back to combining the Lantern Power and your Kryptonian strength for a physical attack later, take a break, you deserve it.” John said and Kara nodded, her green aura disappeared as she landed lightly on the ground. She looked back to her boyfriend in the far direction, and she could see flashes of light as Harry continued his training. John landed beside her and observed the fierce mock battle occurring in the distance.

“He’s getting stronger. I don’t know if we could even match him now if this was a true battle, except if the senior members all combined their powers to stop him. Certainly no one could match him now, one on one. Perhaps Superman, his mother or father.” John said as his face was highlighted briefly by the explosion of power from the distance.

“I know, and I’m proud of him for not getting complacent or overconfident. That’s my Harry.” Kara said as she looked on. A loud crash was suddenly heard and Kara winced. “That would bruise later, who got hit?” she asked and John just smiled.

“That’s Booster Gold, poor guy.”

Harry winced as another blow hit his chest. If it were not for his green aura he would have surely broken a rib. This was not an evaluation, it was hazing! He was against 5 opponents, Aquaman, Red Tornado, Booster Gold, Fire and Kara’s gal pal Stargirl. They were pouring their powers now, not giving him anytime to mount an offense.


Harry dodged again a blast from Stargirl’s staff when suddenly Aquaman came from nowhere and threw a shoulder at him, sending him flying to Red Tornado. Spinning inside the vortex, Harry was getting frustrated, as his patience for going easy on his senior league members already on thin ice.

“Nice one R.T.” Stargirl said as she looked at the massive red swirling mass of air. “Please Stargirl, don’t call me that” Red Tornado said as he focused on maintaining the strong vortex.

“It’s not over yet, Apollo’s tough.” Aquaman said causing Booster Gold to laugh. “C’mon Aquaman, no one could escape that intense pressure.” Booster said but Aquaman refused to be swayed from dropping his guard. “You haven’t really seen Apollo in action close up, Booster, so keep your guard up.”

“What the hell?!” Booster cried as a powerful surge erupted from the tornado. Red Tornado was thrown off from the massive pressure generated by Apollo’s power, sending him straight to Booster Gold and they both fell down in a tangle of limbs.

The Tornado was violently dissipated and revealed Apollo, covered in flaring green aura, with his eyes glowing a fierce green. “I was talking about that” Aquaman said, and he nodded to Stargirl and Fire, and all three leapt into action to engage the young powerhouse.

Apollo formed a shield to block of Fire and Stargirl’s range attacks and decided to tackle on Aquaman head on. Using his left hand, he gathered green energies on his fist and sent it straight to Aquaman’s shoulder, sending the King of Atlantis crashing to the ground. He spotted Fire trying to flank him and knew that she and Stargirl where trying to attack him from both directions, a monkey in the middle tactic. They both released their attacks at the same time and Apollo caught both blasts with his bare hands and deflected them back to their casters. As Stargirl was higher in the air when she attacked she fell down from the powerful blast head first to the ground. Apollo caught her and she snuggled closer to him as they both landed on the ground.


“Ehem” Apollo looked up to see a frowning Supergirl with her arms crossed and he immediately let go of Stargirl, sending her falling on her butt.

“Ouch! That hurt Harry!” Stargirl said as she rubbed her butt and then spotted Kara floating beside them. “Oh c’mon Kara I was just teasing him! He’s such a gentleman that I couldn’t help but be curious about what you saw in a younger boyfriend. I now see why…” Stargirl said sending a cheeky smile to a poor Apollo.


Supergirl couldn’t take it anymore and doubled over, laughing at her poor boyfriend. Stargirl started to laugh, adding salt to Harry’s embarrassment. Once realizing he had been had by the two girls, Harry cracked a smile and then turned to Katma for instructions. The newly reborn Green Lantern instructor had been observing the mock battle, she was assigned by the league to be Apollo’s primary instructor in tactical engagements.

“Like I said before, you’re a gifted student Harry. You used the appropriate amount of force, and you showed mental discipline when your aura shield was getting bombarded by energy and physical attacks. Even when you were inside the tornado, your defense didn’t waver.” Katma said as she eyed her amazing student. Now that she had her powers back she couldn’t wait to teach young Apollo the finer ways to manipulate his green lantern powers. Power wasn’t everything and there are some moves that you couldn’t show a student by words alone.


Apollo nodded as he listened carefully, taking in what Katma said. “Alright that’s enough for this week, have a good weekend Harry.” Katma said as she ruffled the growing boy’s hair. Harry and Kara cheered and gave each other a high five, they couldn’t wait to see Astraea who was now living inside Gotham Manor.


The latest member of the Wayne family had made quite a stir on Gotham’s social circles, and everyone wanted to get a glimpse of the baby girl. Of course Bruce Wayne made sure not a single picture of his baby girl was leaked out to the media, he wanted to maintain the sanctity and privacy of his family. The manor’s perimeter defenses had already picked up numerous photographers, and Bruce had to resort to upgrading the civilian perimeter defenses to deter the over eager paparazzi.


Harry waved goodbye to the League members and grabbed Kara’s hand. “Hey Jonn, were good to go.” Kara said to her communicator and the pair disappeared from the hidden training facility.


“He’s getting better, stronger and faster. I could not believe he’s only about to turn 13.” The King of Atlantis said as he rubbed his bruised shoulder. That kid packed quite the punch.


“I was his primary instructor before Kat, and even I was surprised by his progress. He’s the Ultimate Green Lantern. It’s like he’s a living lantern battery! When I fought him with lantern powers, he was able to direct stronger and more intense lantern force projections than I ever had done.” John Stewart said as he stroked his chin. They needed to give a stronger challenge for Apollo, but five League members were all they could spare. The kid just breezed past the specially trained five man team and even Superman couldn’t overcome them that fast.

Since Apollo had somehow restored John Stewart and Katma Tui’s lantern rings, the League could now focus on training Apollo to realize his full potential and fighting capabilities. Not only did the League have John back, they have another Green Lantern permanently stationed in the Watchtower increasing Watchtower’s defense capabilities and lightening the work load for many heroes.


“I’ve got nothing left teach him, but what I am concerned is that he might not improve since no one really poses a challenge for him if he fought at full power and skill. Only Kara with her Kryptonian strength and developing Lantern power could hope to last against him.” Katma said as she voiced John’s concerns.

“Perhaps I can offer my grandson a stronger challenge.” A voice behind them said and all the seven whirled around in surprise. No one except for them was supposed to know of this facilities’ existence.

“Who are you? Identify yourself!” Aquaman said as he pointed the spear fused in his right arm to the figures direction. The figure moved closer and all seven tensed, as they all sensed a different aura against this being. It was almost suffocating, yet there was no change in pressure in the air. The figure revealed to be tall man, wearing ornate blue Greek armor with symbols carving his armor and face helm. His face was unseen from the shadows his war helm created, only deep red eyes regarded the justice league.

“Wha… what do you mean Apollo’s your grandson??!” Katma regained her composure as she faced the imposing figure.

“Well since I’m the father of Diana, when Hippolyta and I made her… then she married that dark knight… good choice by the way… I’m technically Harry’s grandfather.”

The figure smiled revealing white teeth from the shadows of his helm, and it actually increased fear and intimidation in the league’s hearts. Terror and fear walked alongside Ares, the God of War.

**********


“WEEEEEEEE” Astraea squealed as she was thrown of the air a good 7 feet only to be caught by an uncle with super speed and Kryptonian reflexes. “Clark, quit doing that to Astraea, she might get too excited.” Diana said, smiling at the excited sounds her daughter made.


“What’s wrong with being excited, look Diana, she’s enjoying herself, aren’t you little princess?” Clark said as he regarded Bruce’s daughter in his arms. He threw her up in the air again.

“WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” Astraea said even louder as her tiny arms flailed in the air before getting caught by strong arms. Clark clutched the happily babbling baby to his chest and turned back to the worried mother.

“See Diana, she loves it.” Clark said as Astraea clutched his shirt with her tiny fists as she made a strange face. “Perhaps too much Clark, she got too excited and I think she peed on you.” Diana said smiling evilly. Wally stopped zipping around the manor looking for food and stopped right beside Clark. “Good Girl! I think she likes you Clark.” he said before he disappeared. Clark felt the dampness on his chest and immediately held Astraea at arm’s length. He saw a cute face smiling at him but he swore he saw a hint of mischief beneath those blue eyes.

“Just like your brother…” Clark murmured as Diana stood up looking for baby wipes and the diaper bag. He knew he shouldn’t have played with the baby only wearing her cute pajamas, his enthusiasm and impatience to hold the baby forced Diana to forgo the oh so important baby poo containment unit.


***********

Wayne Manor, July 7

“You want my son to fight him? My people’s sworn enemy? Absolutely not! I do not permit it!” Diana shrieked and Hippolyta nodded furiously approving of her daughter’s reaction. She did not want her precious Harry to get hurt.

“He had sworn an oath to help us train him and make Harry stronger. At this point in time, No one in the league could match your grandson power for power. This is a very rare opportunity and we must use it. I know Greek Gods don’t swear oaths that often, right Queen Hippolyta?” Katma said as she bore the furious stares by the Amazon Royal Family.

Hippolyta closed her eyes in frustration, if Ares gave his word and oath, he would not break it. Even if he was despicable and power hungry, he was still honorable. “Yes, he will keep it. Greek Gods do not make oaths just to break them. I just fear for my grandson’s well being, Ares is known for using devious means to gain what he craves.”


“Oh relax will ya? Ares practically adores his grandson, bragging to every celestial being on the block. He keeps saying my grandson’s better than yours, and its getting really old.” A voice on top of them put everyone on alert and Hippolyta narrowed her eyes at seeing Hermes, messenger of the gods floating serenely on top of them. He always made advances on her and it was getting on her Amazonian nerves.

Katma didn’t like these earth gods at all, they had a habit of appearing without any indication and not even showing courtesy! She would love to kick one in the ass, but she knew they were powerful.

“Welcome Hermes, messenger of the Gods of Olympus, what message do you have for me?” Hippolyta said formally, hoping to get this over with and get the annoying messenger god out as soon as possible.

“Why so formal Polly? Why we’re practically friends, even lovers. Remember when we were at the shower together?... naked even!”

“Polly?” Helen whispered as she eyed her queen with wide eyes. This was new.

“Mother!” Diana gasped out loud; she could not believe her mother would be that familiar with Hermes.

“We both know Hermes that you appeared there on purpose and no message!” Hippolyta answered back through gritted teeth. She hoped Harry wouldn’t hear this, that boy would be on her case for months.

“I have a message then Polly, since it too am a God, I tasked myself to send a message from myself delivered by myself to tell you that you look very beautiful in the shower. Anyway enough with the chit chat, we’ll catch up later when we have the privacy, Polly. Besides, Zeus is calling me.” Hermes said, making an over the top wink to Hippolyta making her fume. He pulled out a scroll from his robes and began to read.

“Anyway for the message from Hera: To Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons and secret lover of Hermes…” He ducked at the bowl thrown over his head and continued. “…Allow the favored warrior and protector of the Amazons to fight Ares in mock battle, for I too am curious at the extent of young Harry’s power. No life threatening danger would come to Harry Apollo Wayne, and I will assign Circe to make sure of his wellbeing. The battle to submission will begin when Ares sends word. The battle will take place at the foot of mount Olympus so we could watch it personally. This was signed too by Zeus, Hades, Apollo, Athena and Artemis. That’s a full pantheon Olympian order, Polly poo.” Hermes said as he rolled up the scroll.

Hippolyta ignored the attempt to bait her and turned to her daughter. “It is a direct order from the Gods, daughter. Do not worry, if Ares says is true, I will talk to him first to make sure he will keep his word. It will also be good for Harry, no one has seen him fight at full power yet, and this will make him stronger.”

Diana crossed her arms as she frowned, looking at Hermes who was trying to look down on Hippolyta’s revealing armor. “I do not like that my son could get hurt, but if the gods will ensure his safety…” Hermes looked at her and nodded encouragingly before looking down Polly poo’s impressive bust.

“… I accept, may Harry show us his true power and kick the God of War’s butt.” Diana said, causing most inside the study laugh, even Hermes. This fight would sell out tickets soon.

*********


“So, what do you want to do? We have the rest of the weekend to relax and have some fun.” Kara said as she pulled on her young boyfriend’s hand. They needed to get to the mall. “Well there’s a new book in the store that I wanted to read for ages…” Harry said as he struggled to keep up with his girlfriend’s fast pace.


“Books again? I’m sure you’d like to do something better than browsing through old books, like shopping, for example.” Kara said as she locked her arm with Harry’s.


Harry snorted; he couldn’t imagine shopping being better than reading books. There was no way he could imagine himself enjoying such an arduous task. “Shopping, yeah that would be sooooo fun.” Harry said sarcastically.

Kara raised a beautiful eyebrow at this and said “Well if you don’t want me to model for you what swimsuit or bikini I would wear at your party, your loss.” She shrugged and headed for the bookstore instead. Kara laughed when she suddenly felt her whole body dragged across the mall to the swimwear section by the arm, with an eager Harry with an adorable red tinge on his cheeks.

“Sooo shopping it is then?” Kara said with an impish smile on her boyfriend. Harry nodded, he was still embarrassed and Kara found this utterly adorable and kissed his cheek.

Ten minutes later Harry was seated in a comfortable chair on the more exclusive and high priced bikini shops as Kara modeled in front of him various swimsuits and bikini styles before going back inside the dressing room to change. “Definitely better than reading.” Harry said as he watched his girlfriend emerge from the dressing room wearing a hot red two piece bikini. Kara gave him a naughty smile as she turned around showing her nice toned legs and firm butt. ‘Yep definitely better’ Harry thought as he blushed while looking at Kara, this was the best past time in the mall ever, even cooler than Wally’s collection of Gi Joe action figures.

*******


May 2, Paris France.

“Couldn’t we have borrowed Harry’s jet instead? I don’t like those first class seats they don’t have my favorite movies and they don’t have strawberry milkshakes!”Daphne whined as they got inside the one of the taxis and headed towards a café where Fleur said they will meet them.

Hermione sighed at her best friend’s antics as she closed the door on the taxi. Dan sat beside the driver and after a quick conversation, the car headed towards the meeting point while Mrs. Granger Mrs. Greengrass and Alana took another cab.

“Honestly Daph, we were in first class already!” Hermione rolled her eyes at her naïve friend. The Wayne’s hypersonic craft was truly a luxury and perhaps it was not such a good idea to have Daphne experience her first air travel on board it. She became spoiled with all the luxury on board the sleek thing.

“But Hermy! It was so slow! And the old man beside me kept on snoring!” Daphne whined and grinned as she saw Hermione give an impatient huff. She knew she was acting like a princess but it was fun to sometimes pull Hermione’s strings. It was a game she devised to help loosen up her wind up tight friend and condition her friend for a summer of shopping with their other friend, Fleur.

Dan Granger hid a smile as he looked towards the road. These girls were truly amusing to be around with. There never was a dull moment whenever those two were together and when their best friend Harry was with them; well no one can really predict what will happen next.

“Where will we meet your friend Fleur again Hermione?” Dan asked as he looked at the map of Paris.

“It’s a coffee shop they own Dad, on Boulevard Madeleine. We’ve been there before last time we were here, remember?” Hermione said as she looked at the printout of the email Fleur sent her.

After a few more minutes rushing past Paris Traffic, the two cabs finally stopped in front of a quaint Coffee shop. “Nice, it’s very charming.” Hermione said as she entered the shop with Daphne and their parents.

“It is isn’t it? I picked the colors myself.” A voice from one of the tables near the window said. The two girls turned and squealed when they spotted their friend. “Fleur!” Daphne and Hermione said and they both rushed past the tables and chairs and hugged their older friend.

“Oh it’s so good to see you! And look how much you have grown! Beautiful young ladies now, with curves developing at the right places.” Fleur said as she eyed her younger friends. Hermione and Daphne blushed, and their cheeks turned red at the praise.

“Likewise Fleur, you’re gorgeous, I wish I had your hair.” Hermione said but Fleur shook her head in disagreement. “Your hair is nice enough Hermione. Do not let the standards of others pull you down. Accept what you already have and be proud of it. Now can you introduce me to your families? Our driver will arrive in a few minutes and I will escort you to our townhouse.”

“Thanks again for being our host for the summer Fleur; I hope it’s no bother with your family.” Daphne said as she led her friend back to entrance where her Mother and sister awaited them.

“On it was o problem, mama was so happy when she learned we were having company. It gets very lonely sometimes. I just wish Harry and Kara are here with us.” Fleur said.
“Don’t you know? The Warrior is sailing here a week before Harry’s birthday. Harry told me to make sure the Delacours should come.” Hermione said as she smiled at what she considered an older sister and a role model to look up to. Besides being extremely beautiful, Fleur managed to get over the stereotypical dumb blonde society has labeled her, and now she was the leading student at Beauxbatons. Talk about girl power!

“That’s fantastic! Oh I really miss those two.” Fleur said and then gave a charming smile to Daphne and Hermione’s families. They stopped before the Grangers and the Greengrass and soon pleasantries were exchanged. A black limousine soon appeared from the street and the party climbed on board the luxurious vehicle, and it soon took off, merging with the traffic.

“I wonder how Harry and Kara are doing.” Fleur mused as she sipped on a glass of chilled juice.

“He’s probably busy getting acquainted with his new born baby sister.” Hermione said and the others immediately listened to this new topic.
“Oooh! A baby sister! How exciting for their family!” Fleur face showed excitement. She loved playing with cute babies.

“Daphne dear, you said Harry’s mother Diana was nearing the end of her pregnancy in your last letter from school. How was the pregnancy? And the baby? What’s her name?” Astoria joined in the conversation Births were rare occasions in the wizarding world and she wanted to learn more about Diana and the child’s condition.

“Her name’s Astraea mum, Astraea Martha Wayne. Harry told me over the phone that his baby sister is fine. It was an easy birth from what Kara said.” Daphne said and Astoria nodded and smiled at the thought of a new baby. It was a blessing and a joy to have a new member in anyone’s family, and the Waynes certainly needed more members to fill their vast manor.


“So what are your plans for the whole summer?” Mr. Granger asked and the Granger and Greengrass women including Fleur looked at him oddly.

“SHOPPING!” a chorus of voices answered his vague question and Dan Granger groaned. He did not plan to spend his vacation as a shopping bag carrier. Dan looked at the rear view mirror and met with the driver’s eyes and his mood dropped further when he was given a ‘sucks to be you’ look.
Perhaps Mr. Delacour could show him the local bars and take him to a few football games.


*************

“Good. Again but this time I want you to go to Watchtower1, Flash’s room and get one of Wally’s posters. Remember, focus and visualize your destination then will yourself.” Zatanna said and Harry nodded and disappeared with a soft gust of wind.

“Hmff I still say portals are better and safer than apparating.” Dr. Fate said and Zatanna smirked and raised a manicured eyebrow at the mysterious mage.

“You’re just jealous that he learned apparating first. It’s faster, near instantaneous unlike the flashy portals you mages use.” Zatanna teased his fellow magical user and hoped ‘Bobby’ took the bait.

“Of course he would learn apparating first. The principles are easier to learn. It has several disadvantages though, it’s quite uncomfortable for beginners and you need a certain level of magical ability to make the apparating and disapparating process discreet. Another disadvantage is that you’re only limited to transporting one person a trip. Portals on the other don’t have that limitation.”

“Pshh all that waving to generate a mystic field takes time. Apparating doesn’t give a notion that you’re about to disappear from your enemies. And that bright light! It hurts my eyes and gives your position away to your enemies.”

“You’re just jealous that you don’t have the knack to summon a mystic field. Uhmm, maybe I could teach you one time…” Dr Fate played with tip of his cape.

“Are you flirting with me Bobby?” Zatanna’s grin got wider as she turned around and looked at Dr. Fate’s eyes hidden beneath his helm. Dr. Fate did not answer and instead focused on making a wrinkle with his cape. He was never good at asking out fellow female magical practitioners.

He usually ended being zapped with mystic blasts whenever he tried. He wondered what was wrong with “I like you, let’s make magic together” line. It wasn’t working for him, so he decided to use the direct approach. It seemed to be working for the moment and he hoped his luck would continue to hold.


“So you’re going to let me pass through your portal?” Zatanna asked playfully and Dr. Fate nodded.

“I’ll show you the arcane magic that will take you to the utmost ecstasy, a feast that will satisfy your eyes.” Dr. Fate said and Zatanna sighed and stepped closer to him. “Oh Bobby, that’s so romantic…”

“Uh Oh, wait until Mrs. Fate learned about this. Tsk tsk. Are you done with the magical flirting?” The two magic users immediately jumped back from one another and turned around to see a bored Harry twirling around a roll up poster like a baton.

“Harry! That was quick! Good job!” Zatanna said and Harry raised an eyebrow to her that said ‘you’re not going to distract me’ look.

“How long have you been here?” Dr. Fate asked and Harry showed an evil smile.

“Sessions over for today right?” the young man asked and the two league members nodded. “I’ll go back to Watchtower1 then for a break, can’t wait to tell Wally about the new love team. No kissing on the first date.” Harry said and he vanished in a midst of green heart shape lantern projections, further embarrassing the two instructors.

“He always get’s on top, don’t bother to get revenge, Bruce taught him too well. What was that about Mrs. Fate?” Zatanna said, finally regaining her composure.

“My ex wife… we got divorced when she fell in love with that stupid gold robot. I shouldn’t have shown him his path, I only led him to my wife!” Dr. Fate said bitterly and continued, he didn’t like being reminded of his disastrous love life.


“That Harry... Bruce indeed taught him too well perhaps. Anyway I can’t help but feel anticipation of the spar Harry would have tomorrow. The strongest opponent he would ever encounter. We can finally see Apollo’s full fighting potential unleashed.” Dr. Fate said and Zatanna looked thoughtful. She was curious about Harry’s full potential capabilities. His unique power of Magic and powerful Green Lantern powers were difficult to match up against. This was a rare opportunity to match him up with the only beings that can withstand his might, Gods and Deities. And there were none more skilled in combat than Ares the God of War. Perhaps they can finally learn where and how Harry gets his Green Lantern powers, a question hundreds of minds have questioned and were unable to solve.


**************

She peered at another object and narrowed her eyes but there were still no Crumple horned Snorcacks. Where could they be? She knew this was the preferred spot by Snorcacks, cold, dark, with the occasional burst of light. Perhaps if she opened the door again they would appear, but the confusing contraption only closed its lights when the door was almost closed, well away from her vision. Snorcacks picked the hardest places to inhabit, they were truly fascinating and marvelous.


“Young miss, are you done with the refrigerator?” The hotel butler asked from the door and Luna Lovegood finally gave up this round with the Snorcack.


“Oh yes, it’s lovely. Is there anything I can help you with?” Luna asked suddenly opening the refrigerator door hoping the mysterious light was gone, but sadly the bulb was shining a sick yellow. The Butler held up a hand to signal that he was waiting for a tip. Those trunks this new customers brought with them were heavy and they didn’t even have the proper handles!

Luna tilted her head and observed the man and finally got it, or so she thought. She made the familiar sound in her throat that Daphne feared and before the Man could react, she spit on her hand and grasped the man’s awaiting open palm.

“I’m glad you wanted to be my friend!” Luna said and the man nodded dumbly, not quite processing what was happening.

“Yes miss!” the man withdrew his hand and stepped back from the door. That girl was crazy! Perhaps the eccentric father would be more accommodating when he finally finished playing with the Hotel’s elevator. Not forgetting his training he called over his shoulder to the closing door. They were obviously English, weird Englishmen.

“Welcome to Greece!” he shouted back as he rushed to the bathroom on the corridor to wash his hand.


****************


A/N: Again, sorry for the Delay!


loneravenwolf, you're bloody ignorant and a close minded idiot. couldn't help myself. ha!

Sign up to rate and review this story