Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH94 - Rewards

by GuardianOfLight 2 reviews

Draco And Spike Have A Chat

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Draco,Dumbledore,Hermione - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-06-01 - Updated: 2008-06-01 - 2083 words

3Original
Chapter 94 - Rewards

Dimension: 1375 - Earth
Date: 7th October 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Hospital Wing
Time: Noon


Minutes later in the Hospital Wing.

Dumbledore had arrived as had Buffy and the gang.

Hermione and Tara were sitting up in beds with Ron, Harry and Willow at their sides while Madam Pomfrey fussed over them.

Adam is leaning heavily on his staff by the far wall, having refused a bed.

Dumbledore, the rest of the students that would normally be included in such a gathering, the Scoobies and Anne were standing or pacing the room, Spike being the exception is leaning against the far wall near Adam, out of the sunlight.

Madam Pomfrey sighed and straightened up.

"I can find nothing wrong with them, I....I can't explain it."

"Would you both please describe exactly what happened and what you felt?" asked Dumbledore.

"It happened while I was attempting to create a shield using Wiccan magic," Hermione began "I felt the magic flow through me like it was supposed to, but then it changed, I could feel the magic around me like I was supposed to but I also felt concentrations of magic emanating from Ron and the others. When I opened my eyes everyone was moving in slow motion and....and I could see their auras, my vision increased I could see everything, and not just that, I felt it, heard it and smelt it as well. All my sense overloaded in pain....I never knew a tiny spider could be so noisy."

Ron shivered, while Adam turned to Tara.

"Was it the same for you?"

"Yes, except I wasn't trying to create a shield and everything Hermione said hit me at once."

Adam considered this for a moment before turning his back and looking at the wall, only Spike could see what he was doing.

"If you don't mind Hermione I would like to run an experiment on you, but you have to trust me."

Hermione looked worried.

"Ok." she answered nervously after a seconds pause.

What happened next took less than a second to occur.

As no one could see Adam's face except Spike, most were watching the Vampire's facial expressions for clues as to what he was doing.

Spike's face went suddenly serious then changed to a look of shock at the sight of something in Adam's hands; he then leapt from the wall at Adam.

At the same time Adam raised an arm, Spike froze in mid air and Adam spun around throwing a dagger directly at Hermione's head.

She screamed shutting her eyes and bringing her arms up defensively as many people shouted her name.

After about a second of silence Hermione realised she was not in pain or in fact dead. As collective gasps sounded from around the room she cautiously opened one eye only to leap back at what she saw.

Hovering about ten centimetres from her head was the dagger, it appeared to be trying to force its way through the air but it was not actually moving just vibrating violently.

She looked passed the dagger at Adam, he was smiling.

"Fascinating." commented Dumbledore.

Xander stared at Adam as if he had grown another head, as were most of the population of the room "Are you insane....I am sure if she wanted acupuncture she would have asked for it."

Adam sighed, leaning heavily on his staff and turned to Xander "Don't you remember what happened last time I threw a knife at someone." he said glancing at Willow who subconsciously felt her stomach protectively.

Xander remembering the event in question suddenly went very quiet.

"Do you really believe I would hurt her?"

"If you don't mind me asking," Giles began "What was so fascinating other than the fact that you stopped the knife before it hit her."

"I didn't stop the knife," He replied "Hermione did."

All eyes turned to her as she sunk lower in her bed.

"You see when they described what they felt; it sounded remarkably like some of my power."

"You feel that?" Tara asked in astonishment as he walked over and retrieved the blade "ALL of it?"

He nodded.

"How do you control that....that din?"

"Years of practice and training, which is something I will teach to you, both of you although it shouldn't take years as you are both quick studies and I am only training you to control the input speed and concentration, not to achieve the same state."

"But why do we have your powers, we returned them to you after the rescue." Hermione asked

"I believe that some of my powers are now a permanent part of you, they may be a reward from the Gods for rescuing and reviving me. I am guessing as you are fine now that the Gods deliberately activated your powers so that we became aware of them, with training you should be able to master them and activate them at will."

Hermione and Tara exchanged excited looks.

"Ok."

It was then that Harry noticed something.

"Errr, Adam?" he said, gesturing to the still frozen Spike.

"Oh, of course." he said snapping his fingers.

Spike jumped back to life startled at the fact that Adam had moved.

"What the bloody hell just happened?"
________________________________________________________________________

Dimension: 1375 - Earth
Date: 7th October 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Gryffindor Common Room
Time: Evening


Later that evening in the Gryffindor Common Room Ginny and Hermione were listening to Dawn describing Sunnydale.

"....and as it's on a Hellmouth, all the evil goes there to party: vampires, demons and the odd six or seven apocalypses."

"The odd six or seven!!" Ginny exclaimed "How can you say ‘the odd six or seven' about an apocalypse?"

"Well I've seen too many things to be shocked by an apocalypse; it's an everyday occurrence at home, normally happens at least once a year."

"What was the last thing that shocked you then....other than seeing Anne for the first time?" Hermione asked.

"That would be....when I saw my sister getting out of a limo followed by Adam who then proceeded to kiss my hand."

"He kisses every woman's hand." Ginny replied "Doesn't he Hermione....Hermione?"

Hermione was trying to sink back into her chair and discreetly cover up her now very red face.

"Hermione, what is it?" Dawn asked

"Nothing."

"Oh my God." Dawn exclaimed realising.

"What?" Hermione and Ginny asked.

"You kissed him."

"She what?"

"I didn't."

"You did."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't mean to."

"I don't believe it, you actually kissed him."

"I didn't mean to."

"Oh what, you just fell on his lips?"

"Kind of."

"Really?" asked Ginny. Ending the run of short statements.

"I tripped over him and landed in his lap."

"You sat in his lap as well, that's really not fair."

"So how did you kiss him then?" badgered Dawn.

"I tried to get up too quickly and I landed on his lips."

"Lucky." Ginny sulked.

"Is that all?" Dawn asked sceptically.

"Well I started to get up again but then I sort of kissed him."

Dawn actually squealed "You kissed him, how much of a kiss?"

"Was it chased?" Ginny asked

Hermione said nothing.

"More than chased?" asked Ginny.

"Was there tongue?" pressed Dawn.

Hermione squeaked.

"YOU USED YOUR TONGUE!!" Ginny shouted, luckily there was no one else in the Common Room.

"I didn't mean too."

"You didn't mean to stick your tongue down his throat?" Dawn asked sceptically.

"I didn't, I mean I....Oh God."

"Was he good?" Dawn said with a cheeky smile

"DAWN!!" Ginny exclaimed "How can you ask that....Oh hell, just tell us, was he good?"

"GINNY!!"

"Well?"

"....Yes."
________________________________________________________________________

Dimension: 1375 - Earth
Date: 7th October 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Second Floor Corridors
Time: Late Evening


Draco was patrolling the corridors on prefect duty; as usual he was bored stiff and would have liked nothing better than to find a student to break the never ending patrol.

As he moved down another corridor he approached an old disused classroom that he often stopped in for a few minutes to get out of the corridors, with no candles in it, it was excellent place to have a quick kip.

The door was left ajar so he moved inside, not touching the door as it creaked terribly and he did not want Filch to hear and see that he was not patrolling.

Slipping into the room he turned to head for his usual chair only to see the outline of someone already sitting in it.

This was going to be a conversation he had been avoiding for the last three days.

"You just gonna stand there and let the dust settle on you." Said the figure around his cigarette, smoking was something that the Wizarding world as a whole did little of, cigarettes and cigars were Muggle inventions so only people who smoked were those with pipes which was not very many, but regardless Draco knew what was in the white stick in his ancestors mouth.

"You shouldn't smoke in the school." He said idly, dropping down into the seat opposite him and putting his feet up on the desk.

"You gonna stop me?" asked the vampire, razing an eyebrow.

"No, I'm just covering myself encase someone walks in, they can't claim I did not tell you that you weren't allowed. I've got an image to maintain, I can't be seen to be breaking the rules."

Spike snorted.

"You're defiantly a Malfoy. You're as bad as my sister, she always got away with things simply because our father believed she could do no wrong, my brother and I got all the blame, annoying little pixie, thankfully she married at seventeen so we were able to get rid of her."

There were several more moments pause in which Spike finished his fag and flicked the butt out of the open window.

"How are we going to play this?" asked Draco, it was the question that neither wanted to ask and neither wanted to try and answer.

"I'm not looking for relatives." Replied Spike after several seconds.

"Neither am I, the ones I have are bad enough, most want me dead."

"All of my human family are dead," countered Spike "Other than you and your father if he's still alive."

"He's one of those trying to kill me."

"And I thought I had family problems." Snorted Spike "Why's he trying to off you?"

"The Malfoy's believe in purity of blood, he follows a Dark Lord who the rest of the country are at war with. I still believe in blood purity but I have no interest in following a Dark Lord who cannot defeat a teenager, plus the fact that my girlfriend is a Weasley who are considered Blood Traitors."

"The fiery redhead with the left hook?"

"Yeah."

"Us Malfoy's really know how to pick the strong women." He said more to himself than to Draco "So now you're siding with good guys?"

"Haven't got much choice, the most powerful enemies of the Dark Lord are Potter and Dumbledore, my girlfriend is Potter's best friends sister and there is no way I would survive the war if I wasn't with either."

"Looks like we're both in the same boat; join the do-gooders or die."

A silence started before Draco again asked.

"So how are we going to play this?"

There was another silence before Draco was forced to answer himself.

"Shall we just pretend that we aren't related?"

"Probably be easier." Spike agreed "Just one thing."

"What?"

"NEVER call me Uncle Spike."


AUTHORS NOTE: Right all, I have a decision to make and I am honestly not sure which decision to take, it's nothing major just something which could be useful. What hair colour should Anne have, now it may sound like an odd question but two different readers have suggested changing her hair colour to distinguish Anne from Buffy. The two choices are either she becomes a brunette like in Cruel Intentions or a red head like in Scooby-Doo. I was initially planning on choosing brunette but I kind of like the idea that if ever Anne and Buffy got together with Faith there would be one of each. So my question is this, should Anne be a red head or a brunette, please respond by review or by choosing in the poll I will be setting up soon in the yahoo group for this story. Thanks
Sign up to rate and review this story