Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh!

What Doesn't Kill You

by Azurite 0 reviews

Téa Gardner lost everything in a single night: her home, her family, her very livelihood. Of all people to help her in this time of need, Seto Kaiba is the one to give her another chance.

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Seto Kaiba,Tea Gardner - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-04-28 - Updated: 2008-04-28 - 6895 words

0Unrated
What Doesn't Kill You
Chapter 1: This Was Me
(Version 4.0)
A Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfiction

By: Azurite
Site: seventh-star DOT net
Conceptualized/First Written: 10/06/03
Completed/Posted: 10/10/03

Edited: 8/8/04, 3/25/05, 10/27/05, 5/31/07, 3/23/08 (Thanks Faye Zepher!)

This chapter is rated PG13 or T for angst and such… (fic as a whole is rated R or M!)

Notes: Welcome to Version 3.5 of What Doesn't Kill You! For those of you new to me as an author, the Azureshipping pairing (Seto x Anzu), or this story, please read this note.

(1) There are no slash/yaoi pairings to be found in WDKY, or any of my fics (for the forseeable future). Why? I'm just not into them for this fandom. Plain and simple as that. Please don't waste your energy trying to convince me.

(2) On that same note, this story is already established as Azureshipping (Seto x Anzu). There are other implied pairings in here, so keep your eyes peeled. However, this is not one of those "everyone gets paired off!" fics. And I will not invent OCs just to pair the "solo" characters off with. The story is planned out in its entirety; I will not change it for someone else's whims.

(3) However, I use the dub names for most characters in the story where appropriate; if I make an exception, it's because the dub screwed up the original name, not me.

(4) If you don't like Anzu/Téa, then don't read this story. Simple as that.

(5) This story is slated to be 36 chapters long. Chapter 7 has been divided into two chapters so that it fits on FFnet and MMorg. It is currently (as of the latest edit) unfinished, but still being worked on.

Disclaimer: I do not own, nor claim to own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of its characters. This fanfiction is for fun, not for profit, and the only thing I "claim ownership" over (artistic license) is the plot and any original characters.

"All right guys, see you tomorrow at school!" Téa waved to her friends as she departed from their small group, the guys heading back to the Turtle Game Shop with Yugi, while she … well, Téa hadn't decided what she wanted to do yet.

'It's not like Mom and Dad are home yet. Dad went to pick Mom up from work and then come home, and we'd have our big family dinner…' Téa's inner voice was tinged with sarcasm; being the only child of what seemed like an always-working couple meant that she rarely saw them, let alone spoke to them.

Still, once a month, Mrs. Gardner made it a point to prepare an all-out feast for her husband and daughter, and every month, the dishes were a surprise. However, Mrs. Gardner leaked to Téa the evening before that their monthly dinner this time around would be her daughter's favorite dish
Sign up to rate and review this story