Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Oracle

Mahalo

by Lyanvis 1 review

The oracle is never wrong... but things would be a lot different if Sasuke never knew the gruesome truth of who killed his clan.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Itachi,Sasuke - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-01-17 - Updated: 2008-01-19 - 1234 words

2Ambiance
Disclaimer- I do not own any of the characters from Naruto.

Just as a side note, If you think I own Anyone but whomsoever you don't recognize in this story, or that I am earning any kind of profit from this, I have a very nice psychologist I can recommend to you. He didn't really help me, but then again, nipponphilia (obsession with all things Japan) is not really something curable.

Second side note: feel free to skip this little prologue. The characters involved don't even come in to play until the fifth chapter save for Raiso, and reading this is not absolutely essential to the plot currently. My friend just happened to think that starting the story in what she called stream-of conciousness smut was a Bad Idea . Though, if you like foreshadowing, or agree that a story shouldn't start that way, go ahead and read. This chapter was in and of itself, tacked on to the front as an afterthought, it used to be the fifth chapter, so if you want to read it in that order, feel welcome to do so.

.....

The Oracle

Prologue

Mahalo







“What do you see?” Asked the Goddess of the Oracle.



“Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly. Rulers will no longer see it their duty to promote spirituality or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world. People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source. Avarice and wrath will be common; men will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of Dharma will occur. Lust will be viewed as being socially acceptable. People will have thoughts of murder for no justification, and they will see nothing wrong with that mindset.” The words were whispered soft, to no one in particular, as it always was with the oracle’s prophecies.



“People will be inclined to follow false sciences. Family murders will also occur. People will see those who are helpless as easy targets and remove everything from them.” The goddess nodded, an indication to continue.



“Many other unwanted changes will occur. The right hand will deceive the left and the left the right. Men with false reputation of learning will teach the Truth. The old will betray the senselessness of the young, and the young will betray the dotage of the old. Cowards will have the reputation of bravery and the brave will be enervated cowards. People will come to trust not a single person in the world, not even their immediate family. Even husband and wife will find contempt in each other.” Two sets of green eyes in differing hues closed. The first set a brilliant viridian green, unmatched by any jewel in clarity and purity, the second a verdant green the shade of the most dangerous, unruly forest vegetation; a beautiful colour.



“In the Kali Yuga even pre-teenage girls will get pregnant. The primary cause will be the social acceptance of sexual intercourse as being the central requirement of life. It is believed that sin will increase exponentially, whilst virtue will fade and cease to flourish. People will take vows only to break them soon. Alongside death and famine being everywhere, men will have lustful thoughts and so will women. People will without reason destroy trees and gardens, and there will be no respect for animals." The goddess’ eyes opened back to look at the oracle in wonder. The things she spoke even now had started to pass.



“People will become addicted to intoxicating drink. Men will find their jobs stressful and will go to retreats to escape their work. Gurus will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted and followers of Kama will wrest control of the mind from all humans.” The oracle opened her verdant eyes once again and met those of the goddess as she spoke the last words, to give them the cruel finality that matched their meaning.



“As the sin increases exponentially, so will the incidence of divine justice and wrath.”



Those words rang in the child’s head as she lifted her head to the sky. Her white hair shone brilliantly in the moonlight as she repeated these words to a woman who could have been her same age. Though both looked young, one was a woman inside, the other a child with no understanding of the words she repeated, simply an oracle parrot. The brunette smiled down at the other girl. Somehow, down, though both were the same height. Her smile was sweet, reassuring.



“Don’t worry, Momoka-chan.” Riku reassured the other girl. “/When flowers will be begot within flowers, and fruits within fruits, then will the Yuga come to an end? And the clouds will pour rain unseasonably when the end of the Yuga approaches./” The words brought the white haired one’s fears to an end. She nodded in agreement, not hearing the softly spoken words that came after. “In the 10,000 years era within the Yuga….” Her eyes closed. A man walked to the two of them and unceremoniously lifted Riku into his arms. She waved over her shoulder, and the oracle, in a pitiable state, waved back. A hand stretched out to her, the man’s. He took her hand as roughly as he had gathered the other girl and walked away. Though he was abrasive, she could feel the kind heart he kept hidden inside.



“Thank you, Raiso-sama….” A brief nod was all the response she received. She smiled back. She would get food and lodging tonight, and hopefully, also a shower. Riku wrinkled her nose at the younger girl from her perch on the older man’s shoulder and Momoka nodded. Wordlessly, they continued to converse, all in gestures and thoughts, all the way to where Raiso decided to take them for the night; the home he shared with a woman more than willing to take them in, and his daughter, a precocious girl heading into her own path of destruction. Momoka never told, they never asked about their future. She did not speak of these things unless asked. And the only one who asked…

Could handle the answers she received.

.....

Riku: By the way, I am not from anything you would recognise, unless you know of Itairiku Kamikaze, in which case you should know who wrote this story.
Momoka: Also, the author would like to say that she has heard people say that I am like some female character from the manga Peach girl, and she would like you to know that that manga had no influence on my character, even if we do have the same name. It's just a coincidence that Momoka Adachi does exist in another story. I am not based on her.
Little Sasuke: ~waves energetically~ Hey!! Hey!!! Riku-chan, you forgot's me!!!
Riku: ~laughs and carts little Sasuke into her arms~ I did no such thing....
Little Sasuke: Did so... I wasn' ev'n menshund in the stori...
Riku: that's cause you're not born yet. You'll be in the next chapter.
Little Sasuke: ~whimpers and hugs onto Riku~ I don' lik the next chapter... ~sniffles and burrows into Riku~
Raiso: Whatever. Come on, we have to get ready for it, so let's go. ~sighs~ and someone, for the love of whatever you beleive in, please review... She is so much worse to us when people dont....

Sign up to rate and review this story