Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and The Power He Has Not

Yule

by Clell65619 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2007-10-25 - Updated: 2007-10-25 - 2355 words - Complete

2Original
A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter and wouldn’t particularly care to. I would like a rental agreement with option to buy for Hermione Granger. A short term contract with Nyphadora Tonks wouldn’t be turned down. A Long-term agreement with Luna Lovegood would probably be a whole lot of fun. Any time Padma Patil wants to open negotiations, call me and oh for a weekend with Fleur. Oddly Lavender and Padma’s sister (despite being her twin) Parvarti do nothing for me…





Last time on The Power He has Not:



Ottery St. Catchpole

Molly’s Kitchen:



Molly was readying dinner when the door opened; Ron and Ginny entered and were gathered into a hug by the Weasley matriarch.



“It’s good to be home Mum”



“It’s good to have you home Ronald.” Molly turned her attention to her daughter as Ron headed upstairs to his room to unpack. “Are you alright Ginny?”



“I’m better Mum, better than I’ve been in a while. I haven’t been a very good person for a while.”



“Your father and I think we understand dear. He’s pointed out … well, I’m glad you’re home.”



“Don’t worry Mum; I’ve gotten my head on straight now.” She looked into her mothers eyes. “Mum? No more potions, ok?”



“No more potions.”



Harry Potter and the Power He Has Not.

Chapter 27 – Yule



Ottery St. Catchpole

Molly’s Kitchen

Christmas Morning:



Molly was still angry. She slammed the serving platter on the table top.



“Mum I’m sorry you don’t like it, but Luna invited me to Christmas dinner at her home. She thinks that it would be good for me to get to know her dad.” Ron had explained his plans at dinner the evening he and Ginny had returned from school. “And I agree. We are engaged. We’ll be at lots of Christmas dinners here in the future, this one is for Luna.”



“It’s not like the house will be empty Molly.” Arthur said, not particularly happy about the plans of their youngest himself. “Bill and Fleur, the twins and their girlfriends, Percy, Penny, and Denise, even Charlie’s here. Don’t let this spoil the day.”



“Mum, I really want to meet Colin’s parents. We’ll be here all day, and back by 8 o clock to night, the only thing we’ll miss is dinner.”



“Only dinner? Only dinner?”



“Mum” Charlie looked up to his mother. “Remember when we had this argument when I was 17? You kicked and screamed and guilted me into not going to Sarah Branch’s home for Christmas, remember?” He turned his attention to the eggs on his plate and continued quietly “Do you suppose that might be why I wasn’t at home for another Christmas for 5 years? How long was Bill gone? Ever wonder why? Ron’s of age, hard as that may be to believe”



“Hey!”



“Shut up Ron. Ginny might as well be of age. Trust them to make their decisions. Don’t chase them away. It’s too much fun seeing the surprise on their innocent faces when the Twins lay into them.”



Malfoy Manor

Throne Room

Christmas Morning:



“My Lord?”



Riddle sprawled malevolently in his throne. The Power just pouring out of him. The time of distractions was over. He stared hatefully at the ring on his left hand, nothing he had done could remove it, and its effects were still being felt.



“Not a stone left standing Bellatrix. Salt the ground so that nothing will grow.”



“Of course My Lord”



Potter Estate

Family Room:



The elves had out done themselves. The tree was amazing, what Harry first thought were fairy lights, turned out to be actual fairies, tiny sentients that glowed with a beautiful silver light, and spoke with musical voices that brought to mind bells. All of the decorations were like something out of a Christmas catalog. It was amazing. He had planned to invite the Malfoys to join them, and had been pleasantly surprised to find that Emma had already done so. He felt like a child, so excited. He was up hours before the others, and was waiting to see if they approved of his gifts. In many ways, this was HIS first Christmas. His home, his holiday, his friends, family, and the Malfoys… He hoped everyone like what he had gotten them.



His thoughts drifted to his conversation with Daniel the night before



“Call me Daniel Harry.”



“I’m not really comfortable doing that. Maybe after Hermione and I are married.”



“I’m not interested in your excuses Harry. You are going to call Emma and Me by our given names or else.”



Harry blinked. “Or else what?”



Daniel smiled. “Or else I tell Hermione that you told me that no wife of your would ever have a career, that her place would be keeping your house and having your kids”



The blood drained from Harry’s face. “You wouldn’t. She’d do horrible things to me.”



A feral grin. “Try me.”



“There’s no reason for that… Daniel.”



Ottery St. Catchpole

Lovegood Residence:



After apparating Ginny to the Creevey home, he had come to Luna. She was waiting at the gate to their yard. Waiting for him. He still wasn’t sure if he believed in her precognitive abilities, but no one could argue that she always seemed to anticipate her visitors. She melted into him as they met, after a separation of 3 days, her hands guiding his face to hers, so hungry for him. Nothing in his experience was like this, not Lavender, not Hermione, not the stories told by dorm mates and older brothers. All his life he had wanted to stand out, now all that mattered is that Luna Lovegood wanted him.



She led him inside to meet her father. Meeting wasn’t right; he had known the Lovegoods all his life. His first crush was on Luna’s beautiful mother long before he understood what he was feeling. But this was the first meeting as Luna’s fiancé. The Elder Lovegood shook his hand, congratulating him on winning his wonderful daughter, with the congratulations came the look that said ‘hurt her, I’ll kill you. Slowly.’ All men know that look, and recognize it for what it is, the gospel truth.



Eating in the Lovegood home was an amazing experience for Ron. Truth be told, afterward he would have no idea what he had eaten, all he knew for sure is that he was with Luna.



Leeds, West Yorkshire

Creevey Residence:



Ginny steeled herself at the gate of the Colin’s home. A part of her hoped beyond hope that her reputation hadn’t preceded her. She opened the gate and approached the door, which opened before she could knock revealing Colin.



He took her hand. “I was worried you would change your mind”



“Never.” And she drew him into a hug. “You’re stuck with me now.”



“Oh good you’re here.” Colin’s younger brother Dennis. “Maybe now Casanova will be a bit more helpful getting everything ready for dinner.”



Colin took a swipe at Dennis, then still holding Ginny’s hand, led her to the kitchen to meet his mother. “Mum, this is Ginny.”



Carol Creevey wiped her hands on her apron just like Molly did. Ginny warmed to the woman before she spoke a word. “Welcome to our home Ginny. Colin’s letters have spoken of you often.”



“Thank you Mrs. Creevey, I’m honored to be here. Could you use some help?”



“It’s just a normal dinner here Ginny, I don’t know if there’s anything magical that needs to be done.”



“Oh,” Ginny laughed. “I can’t do magic yet, not for another year. My mum always taught us to cook and clean with out it, she says it builds character.” She shrugged, “Truth be told, I’m not much of a cook, but I can clean and set a table with the best of them.”



“All right then. Colin why don’t you and Ginny set the table?”



Colin grabbed the plates while Ginny got the Silver, then they went to the dining room. “Good Job! Couldn’t have done any better with Mum. If there’s one thing she likes it’s someone not afraid to work!” putting down their loads, he hugged her again.



“Oi, cut that out, we eat in here!” Colin chased Dennis from the room, while Ginny laughed.





Potter Estate

Foyer:



When the Malfoys came to the manor from the guest cottage, Harry greeted them as warmly as possible, and took Draco aside.



“I need to ask a favor Malfoy”



“A favor? What do I have that you could possibly want?”



“I want to get the Grangers out of the country. I have no idea what will happen to the Fidelous if Tom kills me.”



“You mean when.”



“Probably, yes, but I was trying to be positive.” He smiled. “I’ve inherited some businesses in New Zealand. I’m going to try to get them to go and evaluate them for me. I’d like you and your mum to accompany them for ‘protection’.”



“This plan of yours would also be an attempt to protect my mother and myself it seems. Why are you doing this?”



“Someone needs to go with them to keep an eye out for dark wizards. I figure, who better than you? I know you hate to be indebted to anyone, least of all me, so you’ll do everything you can to ensure that you don’t owe me anything by keeping them as safe as possible.”



“All right. I’ll do it, but you aren’t fooling anyone.”





Potter Estate

Family Room:



Harry was having a grand time handing out the presents. He distributed the take to everyone before returning to his own pile. The Malfoys were embarrassed.



“We didn’t …”



“And when would you have? Leaving the grounds would put you in danger. Don’t worry about it.”



“Oh my god.” Daniel had opened his gift from Harry. “Blue Label? You got me a bottle of Blue Label?”



“It’s supposed to be good stuff.”



“Supposed to be? This is…” he looked up from the bottle to Harry “You have my permission to marry her.”



“Daddy!”



“If I’d known that was all there was to it, I’d have gotten you a case.” That got him smacked.



“Harry, thank you.” Draco was almost in tears. In his hand was a Gringotts vault key, with this he could care for his mother. “I’ll repay you; you’ve my word on that”



“It’s a gift Draco, a gift and a way to thank you for your help.”



“Ooh, these are nice.” Emma had opened her gift. A beautiful set of earrings and matching necklace. “The stones are beautiful, they almost look real.”



Narcissa leaned forward for a better look. “They are real.”



“They’re real?”



“I know diamonds. Those are diamonds. Good ones.”



“They’re real?” Emma’s eyes glazed over for a moment estimating the price. “Harry Potter, there is no way in hell you are spending this kind of money on me.”



He gave her his puppy dog eyes. “You don’t like them Mum?”



“No you don’t, don’t try that Mum stuff on me.



“Just think about it for a while, if you still don’t like them come next Christmas, I’ll return them. If I can find the receipt. Oh and if Moldy Shorts doesn’t kill me. Next Christmas, for sure.”



Hermione had finally opened her gift from Harry. She sat speechless just gazing at the first edition Dickens collection in her hands, she looked at him with her eyes tearing.



“Hey, what else would I get my favorite bookworm?”



Daniel opened the last of Harry’s packages; it contained airline tickets and four passports. “What’s this?”



“Well, since my orphanage idea fell through, I thought that I’d get the four of you to go take a look at some business I seemed to have inherited in New Zealand, you know, evaluate them to see if I should sell, or keep them. I respect both your and Mrs. Malfoy’s business sense. As a bonus, you can keep Draco out of trouble, and if need be Draco can GET you out of trouble. A win-win.”



“So you’re getting us out of the way.”



“That would be a cynical way of looking at it.” Harry tried to look offended.



“What if we say no?”



“Well, I’d be forced to have Hermione obliviate your memories, create new personas with new names, and give you an overwhelming desire to head down under, until such time as we finish with Moldy Shorts and come get you.”



“Like I’d do that.” Hermione huffed.



“Shush, I’m being threatening.”



“Well, you know Daniel; I’ve always wanted to see New Zealand.” Emma looked thoughtful.”



Narcissa seemed less than thrilled. “Is there at least shopping in New Zealand?”



Appleby

North Lincolnshire, England:



40 Death Eaters apparated outside the tiny mixed village of Appleby, and surrounded it. The vast majority of the 694 souls who called the village their home were just sitting down to Christmas Dinner. No one noticed when the anti-apparition wards went up over the entire town, nor did anyone notice when the every door and window of the village were suddenly sealed.



When the fires started, people noticed. The Muggle families died in horror not understanding what was happening. The Wizard families knew exactly what was happening, and died of an entirely different type of horror. St Bartholomew’s Church was the last structure to fall, as the Dark Mark appeared over the ruins of the town. There were no survivors.



The last Death Eater to leave shook his head sadly. His father had season tickets to the Appleby Arrows’ home games. He had always enjoyed going to those games with his dad. Well, Maybe the Arrows will reform after we deal with the muggles…





---ooo000ooo---

Sign up to rate and review this story