Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and The Power He Has Not

Decisions

by Clell65619 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2007-10-21 - Updated: 2007-10-22 - 1265 words - Complete

3Original


A/N: I own none of this. Would like to, but it isn't to be.

Harry Potter and the Power He Has Not.



Chapter 7 - Decisions



Ottery St. Catchpole

The Burrow

Molly's Kitchen:



"Mum" Ginny was miserable. "I don't know what to do"



Molly turned from her stove, and sat at the table with her only daughter, a casual wave of her wand brought the tea pot over to fill their mugs. "What is it Ginny?"



"Harry" She sipped at the tea. "I don't know if I can deal with what's happened to him. I mean, it's not like I hate squibs or anything, but I don't know if I could... BE with one."



Molly felt bile rising in her throat at the thought of mixing the Prewett/Weasley bloodlines with a powerless squib, still ... "Ginny, we aren't talking about some random squib, we're talking about Harry. You loved him before you met him; you owe him your life. Our family owes Harry so many life debts... He's family in all but name"



"I know all that Mum," Ginny's self loathing weighed upon her even more. "It's just the thought of him touching me, of him destroying my magic by contaminating me with ..." she started to cry. "I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it, what will I do when he actually..."



Molly gathered her only daughter in her arms. "It's going to be alright. I never really thought Harry was right for you, even when you were interested in him. There are a lot of Wizards out there. I've seen how Neville Longbottom looks at you. Neville would be a much better match for you. Between his family and ours, you could easily mold him into the Minister of Magic someday..."



London

Outside Purge & Dowse Ltd. Building



Harry Potter was disgusted with himself. Weak as a kitten, needing the help of two smaller women to make if from the exit of St. Mungos to the Granger's waiting car. Emma had fished her keys from her pocket and pushed a button on the key fob that unlocked the car doors. Very cool. He would have to let her know never to allow Arthur Weasley see her use it, else he would have it taken to bits in seconds.



As soon as they had gotten Harry safely ensconced in the back seat, Emma Granger got behind the wheel and Hermione got into the back seat on the other side. She hesitantly took his hand.



"I've tried to get hold of your Aunt and Uncle, but they aren't even answering the phone anymore. You're going to say with us for a while, at least until you get your magic back."



Get my magic back. You heard Poppy Hermione, it's not coming back



"Thank you Hermione, Mrs. Granger. This means a lot to me. I'm sorry to be a burden."



"If you want to thank us Harry, then never talk like that again. Daniel and I don't consider helping a friend of Hermione to be a burden. It's only because of you that Hermione is alive. We owe you so much, we can never repay."



"Mrs. Granger It's because of me that Hermione was ever in danger."



"Ridiculous. We don't tolerate sloppy thinking in the Granger family Harry. I've been researching heritage. How safe is it for a young mudblood in your world?" Emma ignored the sharp intake of breath from both of her passengers in the back seat. "What tender mercies could she expect from young Mr. Malfoy and his friends if she hadn't met you on the Express that first day?"



Harry just looked more stubborn. "Ok, maybe you're right, but hanging out with me paints a bull's-eye on your back."



Emma caught his eye in the rear view mirror. "Honestly Harry," Harry was startled at how much she sounded like Hermione "People who have never met you have been killed by these people. We take the Daily Prophet at home. I can correlate the cases of 'terrorism'reported in our news with the attacks reported in the Wizarding press. By my count in the last 6 months there have been at least 55 people killed by your Lord Voldemort's people. Did you know them all? Did they hang out with you?"



There were few things worse than trying to argue with someone who was right AND had the facts on their side. So this is where Hermione gets it from.



"Anyway, what would you like for lunch? Daniel has an appointment and won't be with us until later."



Malfoy Manor

Throne Room:



"My Lord." Peter Pettigrew slowly entered the room looking desperately for permission to speak.



"Report Wormtail" Riddle was magnanimous today, he had won, and no one could stop him now.



"My Lord, Potter still lives. He is drained of his magical essence, but he lives."



Riddle's horrific laughter echoed throughout the room. "The Chosen One is now a filthy muggle? Wonderful news Wormtail. Where does he hide?"



"He is at the home of his mudblood whore my Lord. Shall I go and kill them?"



"No. He is no threat. After Iassume control, I believe I would like to keep him as a pet, properly gelded of course. His mudblood shall be used for entertainment by my personal guard, until I allow Potter to kill her with his own hands. Wonderful news indeed Wormtail. Inform my Deatheaters, Potter is not to be killed. Or harmed in anyway."



Diagon Alley

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes:



George Weasley was deeply confused. He still hadn't figured how to tell Fred about his accidentally discovery of Fred's tryst with Hermione, to say nothing of the result of said tryst. Fred hadn't returned to their upstairs apartment with him the previous night, saying that he was going to the Burrow to talk things through with Ron.



After his encounter with Hermione, George hadn't wanted to confront either Ron (who he knew to be carrying a torch for the bushy haired witch) or Fred, so he stayed home. This morning Fred had Owled him saying that he had a 9 am meeting at Gringotts and would be in late. George had spent his morning straightening stock on the shelves. More specifically, he had been straightening the same stock on the same shelf all morning long. The door chime broke him out of his fog and alerted him to someone entering his shop. He looked up to see Daniel Granger glaring at him.



"Mr. Granger, Fred..."



"I know who you are Mr. Weasley. And I know what you did to my little girl. There are only three reasons that you aren't dead right not. My daughter loves you for some reason. I'm told you will be marrying her on August 1st. And I like your father, though I don't know how he's going to take your behavior."



"Mr. Granger, I..."



"I don't want to hear any of your crap Weasley. You got my little girl drunk, and then for all intents and purposes you RAPED her. Now she's carrying your child. Let me make myself crystal clear. If you hurt her, I will hurt you. And I mean physically, not psychologically. Do you know what I do for a living Weasley?"



"You're a dentist Sir."



"Just consider that. I know about pain. You have no idea what I could do to you. You treat her like a goddess, or so help me..." Daniel Granger turned on his heel and left the shop without another word.



What the hell has Fred gotten himself into? What has he gotten ME into? Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!

Sign up to rate and review this story