Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and The Power He Has Not

Prognosis

by Clell65619 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2007-10-21 - Updated: 2007-10-22 - 1577 words - Complete

4Original


A/N: I own none of this. Honest. Nope, not me. I most certainly don't own the rights to a billion dollar literary work. Ibarely own my 92 Dakota.

A/N2: Wow, I got a sore throat just writing that. Sometimes (usually) it sucks to be Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and the Power He Had Not.



Chapter 2 - Prognosis



Healer Michael Slocomb was having an exceptionally bad day. Admittedly, his own choices and behavior was the root of his exceptionally bad day, but that didn't make it any easier to take.



First his wife had found out about a 'home visit' he had made for and exceptionally endowed young witch who he had met during an examination during office hours. If anything the penalties levied on the offending party in a divorce were even more punitive in the wizarding world when compared to muggles. Sarah had taken little Dot and moved to her mother's home.



Next when he arrived at St Mungos this morning, he was informed of the review board he was to sit that very evening. Something about a misdiagnosis that lead to a patent's death.



Then he over heard a small gathering of student mediwitches in their break room



"What do you call the man who comes in last in his class in Healer training?"



"Healer Slocomb!"



He had of course rampaged into the break room and confronted them jokers. They were embarrassed that he had heard them, but didn't seem overly worried about the repercussions of his knowing. The word on the ward was that he was on his way out and his next position would be lancing boils in some small country clinic.



Now an emergency response team returned without their team leader but WITH an addled patient who would not stop screaming. He performed astandard diagnostic sweep with his wand. Without seeing the read out he knew the man was hot. Then he did read the output. /That couldn't be right/. He did the scan again. Exactly the same result Body core temperature: 258
Sign up to rate and review this story