Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Child Of Time

First Encounters

by starmage 3 reviews

The Dursley's abandoned Harry after finding him on their doorstep because of a strange transformation he goes through. Crossover with Doctor Who

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 2184 words

4Original
Disclaimer: I still don't own anything.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated sooner but I have been busy since I got back from Comic-Con. I also have way too many plot bunnies running around in my head.

Chapter 4: First Encounters

"Why are we stopping here?" Evan asked as the Doctor stared into the monitor.

"A while back an elemental shade had escaped from the Howling Halls and took resident in one of the homes. When I arrived I was too late, the shade had already killed someone. I promised myself that I wouldn't let that happen again, so I set up an alarm system. I would be alerted and it would also reveal how the shade arrived here. An I have just been alerted to an shade escaping again."

The Doctor runs out of the Tardis with Evan following on his heels. Moving past the different homes The Doctor finally stops at a house that appears no different from any of the others. He uses the sonic screwdriver to unlock the door. Hearing a scream and then a loud thud, the Doctor and Evan runs up the stairs towards the noise. The Doctor nearly trips on the shade as it is getting up from the floor.

The shade recognizing the danger it is in flees down the hall and escapes out the window. Running back down the stairs the Doctor yells "Stay here" at Evan when he passes by him. Evan wanting to follow stops when he hears someone say wake up. Following the sound he finds a young girl with bushy hair shaking a women on the floor.

"Here let me check on her." Evans words draws the little girl's attention. She turns to Evan and looks at him incredulously.

"What can you do? You look about the same age as me!" Evan is shocked by her response.

"You see my dad is the Doctor and he has taught me...well...all kinds of things." Evan says to the girl trying to reassure her but feeling that he was not doing a very good job of it. She looks at him hesitantly before giving a nod. As Evan goes about checking the women the bushy haired girl seems to eye every move he makes. Deciding Evan wasn't a threat the girl begins to talk rapidly.

"My name is Hermione and that's my babysitter Kristen. The moment she saw that thing she fainted in shock. My parents are at some medical conference right now. You see they are also doctors, well dentists specifically. So what kind of doctor is your dad? Also shouldn't you say your dad is 'a' doctor instead of 'the' doctor?"

"Nope I meant what I said. Well Kristen looks like she will be fine once she wakes up. By the way my name is Evan." Evan turns his focus from Kristen to Hermione, "So do you want to tell me what happened."

"Kristen was putting me to bed when that strange thing came. It was as if the thing was rapped in shadows. When Kristen fell to the ground I was so scared that I screamed. Then something weird happen as the thing moved closer. Like magic the thing was knocked backed on to the ground in the hallway." Hermione became nervous when Evan just stared at her, "You don't believe me."

"Of course I believe you. You have no idea some of the things I have seen in my life. From cat people to talking trees. The different worlds and civilizations I have visited. It is safe to say I have seen things you can't even begin to imagine. What I am trying to figure out is what could have knocked the shade back. Can you think of anything else about when the shade was knocked backed?" Hermione stares at Evan like he grown another head.

"Been to other worlds, cat people, are you out of your mind or have you just let your imagination go. There is no way you can have been to other worlds since the farthest people have been is to the moon."

"Oh really, than please explain where the shade came from. Just because you don't know something or know how it is possible doesn't change the fact that it is true."

"I guess you do have a point. I have never heard or seen anything like that thing, shade, whatever that creature was before. Its just, how could you have been to other worlds?"

"In my dad's ship of course. You see I may look human but I'm not." Grabbing Hermione's hand he puts it over his heart. After a minute of her feeling his heart beat there he moves her hand over so she can feel his second heart.

"You have two hearts!" Hermione says in amazement. The Doctor returns that moment to find Hermione's hand on Evan's chest. Chuckling the Doctor's laughter cause the two children to separate.

"Evan aren't you a bit young to be having girls all over you. Your not even 7 years old yet." The children's face turn crimson at his words. Still chuckling the Doctor goes to Kristen as he sees her regain consciousness.

"Easy there no need to rush in getting up, you are safe now. There is nothing for you to worry about now. I took care of the Shade and sealed the way it got here, so one shouldn't be able to escape to here again." Helping Kristen up he guides her to a nearby chair. "With a good nights rest you should be fine. Now Evan it is time to go. I'll give you a moment to say farewell to your new girl friend." The Doctor leaves the room with smirk on his face.

"It was great meeting you but I better be going, so ah goodbye." Rushing to the door Evan stops and turns around to face Hermione. "Maybe we will meet up again someday."

"I would like that. You could tell me more about the things that are out there." Smiling at Hermione's response Evan takes off. Kristen looks at the door with confusion.

"Hermione who were those people and what were they doing here?"

"They were aliens that had saved us from that creature."

"Hermione there is no such thing as aliens besides those two look human to me. As for what broke in here: it was probably some crook dressed up that way to be more intimidating. Now come wait downstairs while I call the cops."

Hermione reluctantly follows Kristen downstairs. "But I felt both of his heart beats!"

"Hermione people don't have two hearts. You were most likely confused because of everything that happen. I am glad that they came because that must have scared of the crook but they were just two normal people trying to help." Kristen then pauses as a thought comes to her. "Although they should have stayed to give a report to the police."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Returning to the Tardis Evan groans when he see the look on his father face. He knows that he will be teased endlessly about what happened. Seeing the embarrassed look on his son's face the Doctor decides to cheer him up. Besides he will have plenty of time to tease him later.

"Evan how about you choose where we go this time." Hearing the Doctor say this Evan rushes to the controls in excitement. He sets the destination for what he hope would be an interesting time. Especially after hearing about his father's adventure during that era.

Once the Tardis settled at its destinations the Doctor watches as Evan runs to the door. "So where have we gone to." Evan stops opening the Tardis door at the question.

"Well dad why don't you come and see." Grinning at the response the Doctor hurries after Evan. Once outside the Doctor immediately recognize the area that they are in.

"We are during the Elizabethan Era. Evan are we near the Globe Theater."

"No, the Globe Theater isn't finish yet. I set the Tardis far away from it to avoid changing any of the future events that will happen there."

"Well then I guess there wouldn't be too much harm in exploring this area."

The sun was now setting over London. They were walking in a wealthy residential area. The lights from the homes driving back the darkness that came with night. As they walk Evan kept thinking about what Hermione said. It brought up something's that he had been wondering about for some time.

"Dad when you explained about the Carrionites you said what they used wasn't truly magic. I wonder besides what they used if there is such a thing like magic."

"Well the Carrionites used words to manipulate the universe and as Shakespeare displayed humans can use the power of words as well. Anyone with a proper knowledge can do that. Same can be said with mathematical equations or Arithmancy. Now there are also many types of energies that can be tap into which can be used to manipulate things. Some beings can tap into the energies that flow through the universe. Others generate the power inside themselves that allow them to do things that would seem impossible. Magic is such a broad term that any of those things could be seen as that. Hell even an advance peace of technology would be considered magic to an primitive being."

"So basically magic could be anything that influence the universe around someone or at least appears too. It is something that goes beyond or appears to violate what someone considers normal or the natural way of things."

"Exactly, as Gallifreyan we have an higher brain function that gives us greater mental powers. Which provide for our telepathic abilities and if we wanted we can tap into psychic energies that others generate. Now Time Lords can sense things moving through time and space. Time Lords are also able to perceive the past and all possible futures sort of clairvoyance. That doesn't mean Time Lords know everything. It is that they could tell if something was wrong in time. Unlike others who travel in time, Time Lords are biological suited to travel through time."

"You seem to refer Gallifreyans and Time Lords as two separate people, why is that?"

The Doctor has a look of indecision on his face, he pauses for a moment before answering Evan. "Time Lords are a subset of Gallifreyan. One isn't automatically a Time Lord because they are born a Gallifreyan. They need to go through schooling but most importantly that need to go through the initiation ceremony before the Untempered Schism. The Untempered Schism is what allows a Time Lord to truly be able to perceive time. Your are a Time Tot which is a child of a Time Lord because of this you are already more able to become a Time Lord and travel through time. You have inherited the Rassilon Imprimatur: it is a symbiotic nuclei that allow Time Lords to withstand the molecular stresses of time travel and grant them a link to their Tardis time machines. However until you go through the initiation ceremony before the Untempered Schism you can never be truly called a Time Lord."

"And where is the Untempered Schism?" Evan ask but already sure of what the answer would be.

"Gallifrey" The Doctor answers sadly.

"So this means I will never get to become a true Time Lord. I will always be a Time Tot never able to claim the title of Time Lord." Evan says dejectedly. The Doctor hated how he has upset his son but he had to find out eventually. Quickly trying to think up of a way too distract Evan. He then notice a party going on in one of the homes, well home might not be the best term it was more of an mansion.

"Come on Evan why don't we go crash the party that is going on over there. We can liven it up a bit."

"I don't know, besides remember what happen at the last party we went to."

"Now from what I remember you were having a blast being dressed up as an Indian. Although it was sad to see all that tea go to waste." Evan sad face disappeared as he cracked a small smile.

"Alright, I guess it would be fun to crash the party."

Heading towards the entrance the Doctor pulls out his psychic paper. The Doorman immediately lets them through when he sees the psychic paper. Once in they find the place already full of many Lords and Ladies. Before the Doctor and Evan have a chance to mingle about, everyone's attention is drawn to the entranceway at the herald of the arrival of the main guest of honor. The Doctor is immediately on edge when he discovers who it is. Standing at the entrance is none other than Queen Elizabeth.

A/N: Next update won't be for a little while. Hope I did a good job in explaining about the Time Lords and magic. Don't worry Evan will become a true Time Lord.
Sign up to rate and review this story