Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Child Of Time

Journeys Beginning

by starmage 3 reviews

The Dursley's abandoned Harry after finding him on their doorstep because of a strange transformation he goes through. Crossover with Doctor Who

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-07-18 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 2980 words

5Original
Disclaimer: I still don't own anything. All rights to Harry Potter and Doctor Who still belong to someone else.

A/N: I didn't expect so much encouragement. I will try to keep up with expectations but I am not sure of how good of a job I will be able to do. Thanks to everyone who reviewed.

Chapter 2: Journeys Beginning

Mrs. Figg was just finish looking at the home for sale. It was perfect, the house being close enough to the Dursley's that she will be able to keep an eye on young Harry. All she had to do now was contact Dumbledore and make the arrangements with the real-estate agent. Standing on the sidewalk in front of the house with the realtor. She looks around the peaceful neighborhood and sees two women walking down the sidewalk towards her direction.

"So what do you think of the house?" asked the Realtor.

"It is very lovely and just what I had in mind for a home." Supplied Figg but her focus returned to the chatty women coming closer. The realtor seeing her focus going away from him tries to get it back.

"This neighborhood also has a very low crime rate. So you don't have to worry about loud sirens waking you up." As he finish saying this the two women came walking by them.

"Did you hear about the police showing up at the Dursley's. It seems that someone had abandoned a child at their front door." Said one of the women. Figg became worried when she heard what the women said.

"Excuse me did you just say a child was abandoned on someone's doorstep?" Questioned Figg. The woman looked at Figg darkly for butting into her conversation. Figg not liking the way the woman was looking at her explains her reason for butting in. "I don't mean to be rude but I was looking to buy a home here but I find myself disturbed by what you said." The woman relaxes at Figg's reason.

"Yes that is understandable. Petunia Dursley, she lives at No. 4, had found a baby on her doorstep a couple days ago when she went to get the paper. I say her scream must have woke half the neighborhood, but that is not surprising I would be shocked too if I found a baby on my doorstep. Well having no idea of who the baby was she immediately called the cops. I saw the police come not long after she had screamed. They took the child after questioning the Dursley's."

"Do you know anything about what happen to the child after the cops took him?"

"No. The Dursley's weren't interested in being updated about the boy. They just wanted to return to their own normal lives. So no one really knows what is happening with the child."

"Thank you for answering my question." Said Figg, the women then continued on their way.

"I assure you this sort of thing doesn't happen a lot. This is still one of the best neighborhoods you can live in. So about the house are you still interested?" The Realtor said all this quickly.

"I will think about it but I really must be going now." Answered Figg before hurrying off.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Things were normal at the Dursley's, nothing strange had happened since Harry had been left at their doorstep. Dudley was asleep and the day was looking to end like any other. Suddenly a large cracking sound was heard in the Dursley home, causing Petunia and Vernon to jump out of their seats. Standing in their living room was a furious Dumbledore.

"I just received some disturbing news. Apparently cops left here with a child that you found on your doorstep. With you claiming to be unaware of who the child was. Now I know you would recognize your own nephew and I also remember leaving a note explaining everything. So what I like to know is what do you think you are doing getting rid of Harry like that." Vernon and Petunia cower before Dumbledore's anger. Until Petunia gathers herself and walks up to Dumbledore jabbing her finger at him.

"You have no right to be angry. You leave Harry on my doorstep not even bothering to ask me if I want to take care of my sisters child. So what if I gave him to the authority's at least now he can be taken in by someone who wants to care for him. I may have lied about not knowing who he is but at least I didn't leave him on some doorstep during the night, for who knows how long, until someone found him." Dumbledore's anger died down with her response.

"You are right in that I should have handled giving Harry to you better but what is done is done. Nothing can change the past but you are his family, the last he has. He needs to be with you for his own safety. There is a protection but he can only get with his own blood relatives. Not only would it protect Harry but you as well. Voldemort may be gone but his followers are still out there and they will want revenge."

"You say we would have protection if we take Harry in but what if we don't. Would you just leave us unprotected. Won't they also more likely come after us if we had Harry." Petunia argued back.

"If you truly did not take Harry in then I would still make sure you were protected. However with Harry with you, you would have a protection that could not be created otherwise. Because it can only be made if he was with his family there would be no other way to create it. Which would keep you safe from any of Voldemort's followers."

"Even if what you say is true. I am not taking him back after that strange transformation he went through when he was here. Who knows what else can happen around him."

"Can you tell me about the transformation he went through?"

"A strange light had engulfed Harry. When it disappeared Harry no longer looked the same. His hair color changed, his face structure was more angular, his body seem to lose some baby fat and I think he might have grown an inch. The only thing that remained the same was Harry's eyes. Thats how I knew for sure he was the same boy even if no longer looked it. Also that scar of his was gone." As Petunia explained what happened Dumbledore stared into her eyes not saying anything. It unnerved Petunia a great deal, it was like he was trying to reading her mind. Dumbledore seemed to come to a decision after Petunia finished her explanation.

"Alright I will respect your decision and not bother you again about taking Harry. An don't worry about the protection I will make sure you get it." Petunia was pleased when Dumbledore leaves in a quiet pop. Especial since it was more silently then how he arrived. Once he was gone she sighs in relief, hoping that would be the last she has to ever deal with them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dumbledore walked into the Surrey Police station. After inquiring about an abandoned child he was directed to the second floor of the station. He finds the officer who picked Harry up from the Dursley's yelling into a phone. "What do you mean you don't have anyone by the name of John Smith! I remember clearly his ID saying John Smith from child services and I . . . . . . well fine then!" The officer slams the phone down.

"Excuse me are you officer Erikson? I was told that he can help me?" The officer quickly turns around to face Dumbledore. He was surprise to see a man in a silver/grey suit with a white shirt and a purple tie standing in his doorway.

"Yes that is me. Sorry about my yelling but I just found out something very disturbing. So what is it I'm suppose to help you with."

"I am looking for a missing child, his name is Harry Potter. He has green eyes and brown hair. He went missing a couple days ago. I thought he had died in the fire that destroyed his home along with his parents but his body wasn't found among the wreckage. So I have been going to different police stations hoping he may have been rescued by some good Samaritan and left with the authority's." Erikson's eyes widen in surprise when Dumbledore shows him a picture: easily recognizing the boy they had called Evan. Seeing Erikson's reaction Dumbledore was glad that he took the time to develop a picture of what Harry changed in too from the memory he took out of Petunia's mind.

"Yes he was found and brought to this station by me and my partner. However I am sorry to say this but he was taken. The man who had taken him had an ID showing he was from child services. I had called child services today to check up on the kid. They had said that no one works there by the name he had on the ID and that they had not received any call about the child in the first place." Dumbledore's mind world at the different possibilities this could all mean for Harry's safety. "Whoever took the kid seem to put a lot of effort into it. Although why or how I don't know. They had to have known the kid was coming here in the first place in order to redirect the call that was made to child services but how could the person have known about the kid coming here?"

"This is terrible news indeed. I wonder if you happen to find anything can you please contact me."

"Of course, I just need you to fill out some reports in regards of Harry. Also if I could keep the photo you have of Harry it would greatly aid in our search of him." Handing the photo over Dumbledore fills out all the reports given to him. After leaving his contact information Dumbledore then leaves the station.

Erikson looks over the new information he now has. He puts it into a folder that already contains pictures of the man from the stations security camera along with a police sketch. Staring at the sketch he makes a promise to himself "I don't know who you are but I am going to find you and get Harry back."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dumbledore enters his office only to find Minerva waiting for him. "I spoke to Arabella and learn what the Dursley's did. So what happened where's Harry?"

"When I went to the police station I found he had already been taken. When I viewed the memory of the officer who saw the man take Harry I did not recognize the person. The good thing is I don't think the person who took Harry was evil. He seem to care for Harry."

"Well thats all fine but that doesn't answer what is happing to Harry. Who knows what he may want Harry for and just because he appeared nice doesn't mean he is! An what of the muggle police?"

"Don't worry I will put in every effort into finding Harry again. I left the muggle police alone because they maybe able to help find the man who took Harry. An about Harry's condition well I have something that will answer your question." Pulling out what looked like a pocket watch he opened it to reveal an arrow with Harry's name on it pointed to traveling. They were a number of other words such as home, mortal danger and Hogwarts. Minerva looks in relief to see Harry not in mortal danger. "I think the reason Harry might have been taken is because of the transformation he went through. It seem the reason Petunia got rid of Harry was because his appearance had changed except for his eyes."

"Was Harry under a charm that altered his appearance but it had failed? Then who could put it on him Lily? No that can't be true because that would mean lily must have cheated on James and she tried to hide it. An I just can't picture her doing that."

"Minerva stop, I don't think Harry was under an illusion. I believe Harry's change was a result of Voldemort's attack on him. Why it happen I don't know but I think it could be connected to the prophecy." Minerva's eyes widen in surprise.

"I am just so worried about Harry."

"I know but I promise we will find him." Dumbledore looks down at the pocket watch staring at the hand pointed to traveling.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Walking into the Tardis with Evan. The Doctor enjoyed the awe he saw in Evans eyes on how the inside was so much bigger. "An this my Time Tot is the Tardis, she is the best ship in the universe. She can go to any place or any time you want. You and me are going to have a grand time going all over the universe. I am going to show you so many things and I will be teaching you all I know of the universe." Going through his coat pockets the Doctor pulls out a cell phone.

"But before I check on your health I got to intercept a phone call." Making some adjustments to the phone it starts ringing with the caller id saying Surrey Police. "Hello this is child services." The Doctor says in to the phone. After talking to the office for a short while and saying that he will send someone to pick up Evan soon he ends the call. "You got to love being able to receive calls from any time. Now I just need to adjust the phone back. I don't want Martha killing me for not answering any of her calls next time I see her."

After he adjust the cellphone back, the Doctor goes about checking Evan's health. "Well you seem to be in perfect health for a Gallifreyan. Both of your hearts are beating at a steady pulse. Temperature is 15 degrees Celsius and..." Evan interrupts the Doctor at that moment with burp and a cloud of yellow light escaping his mouth. The Doctor stares at the cloud in shock.

"No that can't be, its impossible! How can you be releasing regenerative energy. Regeneration shouldn't be possible for a child, only until after reaching adulthood. So how could you have regenerated." Doctor stares at Evan in wonder. Doing some quick scans he looks at the data in wonder.

"Well you are only over one years old so that eliminates the possible of you having regenerated to an extremely young state. You are also not entirely Gallifreyan which may explain things. You appear to have lots of extra regenerative energy coursing through you but you are not suffering from it. Still how could you have regenerated and why would need to? Maybe if I figure out who you are related to that might answer my questions."

Doctor quickly turn to what he had left of the Matrix only to remember that it had been destroyed in his experiment to find others of his kind. There goes the idea he had of comparing all the bio-data that was stored in to the Matrix with Evans. However there was still one bio-data he could compare Evan to. Gathering Evans bio-data the Doctor compares it to his own. The Doctor is slightly disappointed to find that it wasn't a match. Turning away from the screen he picks Evan up from where he had placed him.

"Well looks like your not mine but I can't say that I am really surprised. It was mostly wishful thinking on my part. That still leaves the question of who you are related to." Just then a thought entered the Doctor's mind. He lifts Evan so he is eye to eye to him. "Your not related to the Master are you? I won't hold it against you but still the irony would be hilarious." Evan stares at the Doctor like he was looking at a crazy person. Evan then blows a raspberry at the Doctor and starts giggling like he said the funniest joke in the universe. The Doctor joins Evan in his laughter.

"Yeah I didn't really think you could be related to him. So where should you and I go first?"

A/N: This chapter is for all those reviews I got. I hope I am keeping up to peoples expectations. I have several ideas but I am not sure what I am going to do.

First Harry has no relation to the Doctor. I was thinking about having them be related but then I got a different Time Lord in mind. But you are going to have to wait on finding out where Evan gets his heritage from.

I will have Evan meet past companions of the Doctor: which will be some interesting reactions. Not sure if I will have a run in with the 9th and Rose.

I have been thinking of including an evil Time Lord that even the Master tried to get rid of (can anyone guess who). But I think that might make things a bit complicated.

Dumbledore is not evil or manipulative in this story, he also has no clue about who the Doctor is.

I hope people like the way I handled things between Dumbledore and Petunia. I tried to make them both guilty and for Petunia to show some kind of working brain.

I also have another Doctor Who/Harry Potter story but I think I will wait to post it until reading the finale book since this story is just a one shot. Sort of my version on a different or possible ending to the last book.
Sign up to rate and review this story