Categories > Original > Humor > Deconstruction

There's Something About a Tram

by Ithilwen 1 review

The identity of the Hidden Thing -- unhidden! Soot's wierdo secret -- well, still secret...

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Humor - Published: 2005-11-22 - Updated: 2005-11-23 - 1047 words

1Exciting
EMAL: Would you excuse me a minute?

SIL: Sure. (Watches Emal get up, then speaks quietly to herself.) I can't believe it... He certainly doesn't look like anything great, and yet he's responsible for so much. (Sillene's eyes shift to Soot) What would move him to consort with such an evil creature? I must do what I must do, but I must try to keep him out of it. I must try, at least, to spare his life...

(Scene, the front of the tram)


SOOT: (To Mitsie) How long before we reach this section? (Points on map.)

MITSIE: Ah, no; this map shows the old cata-tours route. The closest we're getting to the archaological tunnels is here (points). We'll be there in a few minutes.

SOOT: But isn't there any chance we could--

EMAL: Guys! You're not going to believe this!

AMLAH: What is it, Master Emal?

EMAL: I think I've met the girl of my dreams! (Looks over his shoulder at Sillene, sitting at the back of the tram) That's her right there.

AMLAH: Now now, Master Emal, perhaps you are being too impulsive.

EMAL: Maybe, but Amlah, we've totally got to stay in Coratheim a few more days so I can hang with this chick!

SOOT: Hmm... I think I know her from somewhere...

EMAL: Amlah, she's almost everything I've ever wanted -- beatutiful, morbose--

SOOT: (Grumbling at map) That's nice Emal.

EMAL: There's something here; I know it. There's something about Sillene that speaks to me on a level that not even the gods can reach. I barely know her, but I may have found the other half of my soul!

AMLAH: Well... I suppose you could woo the girl. The messenger will need a bride if there's to be any more beyond your time.

EMAL: Bride; yeesh! I only just met the broad.








(Scene: Catacomb entrance)

HATRI: Jedd, this place gives me the willies, walters, wandas and woodrows all together!

ORANFH: (mumble-laughs)

HATRI: Shut up! It's a perfectly valid name!

JEDD: Quiet both of you. I think it's that way (points). Let's go.

HATRI: But Jedd ...the next tour doesn't leave for ninety minutes.

ORANFH: (mumbles affirmatively)

JEDD: Gah! (Grabs their arms) Come on!







(Scene: front of the tram)

AMLAH: Master Emal; you're so irresponsible!

EMAL: What, because I want to get with a gorgeous babe like that? Nope: no healthy adult heterosexual male response here.

SOOT: (Looks up from map.) Amlah, why don't you give Mitsie a demonstration? You know (mimes being electrocuted).

AMLAH: Now little master Soot! You know that I only do that for Master Emal's own good! He's not doing anything bad now.

EMAL: (Steps forward) Yeah, Soot. Why would you ask Amlah something like that?

MITSIE: Sir, please stay behind the yellow line.

AMLAH: Yeah! (takes out taser)

BZZZZZZT!

EMAL: Gah!







EMAL: Geeeaaa... Don't wanna clean my room...

SIL: (Voice from back of tram) Emal!

MITSIE: Cool!

AMLAH: And now he knows not to be bad!

EMAL: (Groans) What did I do this time, bite my nails?

AMLAH: Maybe that too; let me see 'em! (Flutters around Emal's hands)

EMAL: (Pulls hands away) Hey!

SIL: (Hurrying up) Emal, are you alright?

EMAL: I guess. ...no thanks to featherhead here! For someone who's supposed to be a little slice of good incarnate, you're a real b--! (stutters) bi- biit-- Darnit!

AMLAH: (Holds up taser) I told you that learning by conditioning worked.

EMAL: You're sick! You sick, sick little pixie! ...oh. Where are my manners? Amlah, Sil. Sil, Amlah.

SIL: Uh. Hi.

AMLAH: Hi!

EMAL: Yeah, and this is ...hey...

SIL: What happened to the dem-- I mean, the kid who was with you?

AMLAH: Little master Soot! (Calling) Little master Soot!

SIL: He must have slipped away while you were twitching and mumbling about teddy bears!

AMLAH: But why would the dear child do such a thing?

EMAL: (Horrified) You heard that?

AMLAH: But we shall require the foundling's help to find that which was hidden.

SIL: That which was ...you mean he knows where it is?! And you took him right to it?!

AMLAH: ..?

EMAL: ...?!

SIL: No time for that now! (Notices that Soot's catacomb map is gone) Come with me! (Slides over the rail.) I think I know where he went!

MITSIE: Hey! Keep all limbs inside the tram!

AMLAH: The poor little master; trying to be a hero and find the thing of value by himself!

EMAL: (Looks at Amlah. Shrugs.) Maybe. At any rate, we need to find Soot before he gets himself hurt. (Takes hold of rail and begins to climb over)

MITSIE: (Hits Emal with stungun.) I said, asshole, stay behind the yellow line!

EMAL: Ow! (Emal shudders and falls over the rail, followed by Amlah)

SIL: You okay? I think it's this way (points down the tunnel).

AMLAH: How is it that you know of the hidden things of Lord Pyrosk, Most High?

SIL: Hidden from the sun-god, perhaps... Didn't you ever wonder "hidden by whom?"

EMAL: (Shaking head) I'd have to say that I haven't.

SIL: I can believe that. Pyrosk has been the patron deity of Coratheim since its founding. Who would want to hide anything from him?

EMAL: ...oh my god!

SIL: Far from it!

EMAL: Before Mom died, she used to tell me about the demoness Iarim's fall from dominance. One of the reasons I was able to defeat her was because her power had been reduced in her flight from the city!

AMLAH: Neither light nor wisdom...

SIL: A precious relic, left behind against what she thought would be a speedy return, barred from the sight of her enemy Pyrosk by its position beneath the earth and the aura of drunken frat parties permeating these caves! -- the Flame Orb!

EMAL: Sweet flying heck in a hat! Whoever's trying to steal that would have to be not only hugely powerful to begin with, but posessed of a great and destructive ambition! (Starts down the tunnel)

AMLAH: Litte master Soot does not stand much chance! We must hurry!

SIL: (Grabs Emal by the back of the collar) Wait!

EMAL: (Choking) Urk!

SIL: Hold on a minute. (Sil looks from Emal and Amlah and back) Do you mean that you don't know whom you've been traveling with?











Dun dun duuuuuuuuun!!
Sign up to rate and review this story