Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

19. I Don't Know Where You're Going, And I Dont Know Why

by frankxgerard 4 reviews

Gerard wiped the tears off Frank's cheek, feeling the familiar tight constriction building in his throat.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-23 - Updated: 2007-08-16 - 1053 words - Complete

0Unrated

Title from "Listen To Your Heart" - DHT Ft. Edmee

What? How?!"

"I don't... know... but I gotta go get him! I'll be back, sometime."

"What?! Gerard, how am I gonna survive without you to teach me?"

"You can Frank! Just do what I told you!"

"How long?"

"I don't know... I really don't, but probably... more than two months..."

"Why can't I come with you?"

"That guy is dangerous Frank... Please, I'll come back, I promise."

"I'm.., I'm scared."

"Of being alone?"

"No, for you! Where are you going?"

"I-I don't know..."

"Could you die? Because of that guy?"

"I..."

"Gerard!"

"Please Frank... it's Mikey..."

Frank felt a tear run down his face. To anyone else they might think he was overreacting, but both he and Gerard felt the strong connection between them. It was dark, but Frank could see Gerard's eyes shimmering too in the moonlight.

"Okay, you swear y-you'll come back?"

"Yeah... get... c-caught up with your girlfriend o-or... I don't know. Just wait and I'll be back before you know it."

"I'll try... Are you leaving now?"

Gerard wiped the tears off Frank's cheek, feeling the familiar tight constriction building in his throat as he choked out a response.

"Y-yeah; the sooner I leave, the sooner I'll be back."

"Cant you just do that teleporty thing and go and come back?"

Gerard laughed, wiping his own eyes with his sleeve.

"No. It takes a lot of energy to do that; I'd probably die if I tried."

"I thought you couldn't die."

"Not from other people hurting you, but from self inflicted damage if it's deadly, yes."

"Well, bye I guess..."

Gerard lifted Frank's chin gently.

"Hey, I'll come back, I promise you."

"I know."

They hugged tightly, both boys not wanting to let go.

"I'll come back, I will."

"You'd better."

Gerard turned to walk away, but Frank called his name.

"Yeah?"

"Uhh..."

Before he even thought about it, Frank pulled Gerard in and kissed him. Gerard looked at him, bewildered.

"I'm sorry..."

"No, its okay, I just thought you weren't..."

"...gay? Me too... Well, bye."

'Yeah, bye."

Gerard walked a few steps before stopping to hug his friend again.

"I'll miss you, just know that."

"I do. Don't you dare leave me like this, alone."

"I won't."

Frank caught him by the lips again, blushing.

"Sorry, I just... don't know why I did that..."

"It's in your instinct... partly, well actually... less than half because of instinct... But yeah, your vampire side doesn't care what gender you or your mate is, it just recognizes them and well, if they're leaving, it knows they'll be separated... so..."

He smiled and Frank let him go.

"Oh, and before I forget, here's the house key."

He threw them to Frank, who caught them and smiled back, wiping the semi-dry tears away. Gerard looked to his right, focusing on something in the dark expanse that Frank couldn't see.

"Thanks."

"Sure thing Frankie. Oh and you've got company... Bye."

Gerard left the cemetery, but Frank wasn't alone, as Gerard had noted. Cody stood in the red and orange leaves next to the mausoleum, looking dumbfounded.

"You, uh, left and I think we, uh... swapped bags..."

"Oh, sorry... hold on, I dint notice."

Frank rushed back into the house and brought out Cody's bag. They switched, but Cody still looked like he needed to talk.

"You- Gerard's leaving?"

"Yeah... He's gotta go save his brother I guess..."

"So you're alone now?"

"Yeah..."

"Hey, why don't you stay with me? It's not gonna be fun staying in a graveyard alone for that long, is it?"

"I... don't know... You might not want to live with a- a me... for months..."

"Why not? It'll be okay."

"Your parents?"

"They don't care, as long as I do my schoolwork."

"What if the police come... looking for me?"

"We'll work it out! Please?"

"Huuuh... Fine!"

"Yesss!"

"Hey, uh... you wanna come inside?"

"Uh, this is your house?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

Frank took Cody into the mausoleum.

"This is your house?"

"No, it's down here."

"Will Gerard mind?"

"No."

Cody followed him down and gasped when he saw the inside.

"Whoa! This is so cool! You two live down here?"

"Mmhmm..."

"Do you like sleep in the same bed of something?"

"No! I sleep on the couch."

"Oh, sorry."

Frank gathered his thinks and followed Cody to his house. His parents greeted him warmly and set up an air mattress in Cody's room for him. The boys sat on Cody's bed for a while, reading comics.

"Not to be rude, but, uh... are you gay?"

"No."

"I just saw you, like... kiss him or something."

"It's sort of instinct I guess... That's what he told me I think."

"I see... sort of. Your eyes, they turn red when you're mad?"

"No, when I feel an emotion strongly; any emotion."

"Oh..."

Frank stayed at Cody's house for 2 months, explaining the strange disappearances as "family counseling sessions" to Cody's parents. Cody, of course, knew what he was really doing.

"Hey Cody? I think I need to head back soon... I dunno..."

"Oh, okay."

"Hey, do you wanna stay over?"

"Uh... I don't want to anger Gerard."

"He won't mind. I'm gonna be kinda scared to go alone... We're just like regular people most of the time..."

"Well, okay. Tonight?"

Frank nodded. He was beginning to be worried about Gerard, and still found it terrifying to feed alone. He'd skipped almost once every two days. Cody checked out with his parents and went with Frank.

"Here, you take the couch; I'll sleep on the floor."

"No, I'll be fine on the floor."

"You sure?"

"Yup."

Another week passed, and still no Gerard. Cody noticed that Frank hadn't been going out after a while.

"Frank, you'll die if you don't eat."

"He's been gone for more than 3 months."

"He promised you he'd come back. He will. Trust him, he won't break it..."

Frank nodded and left the house, stopping to look at Gerard's grave on the way to the city. He wondered if the cemetery was even around in the 1500's and how they got Gerard's tomb there if it wasn't. He ran his hand along the marble-like surface and wiped the grime off on his pants.

"Sheesh Gee, get Mikey and come back..."
Sign up to rate and review this story