Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter And The Corrections Of Past Mistakes

Starting The Preparations

by torres_arkel 24 reviews

AU. Harry Potter won the war. But the price was the world itself. Alone, nothing stops him from attempting to correct the mistakes of the past. Time Travel. SuperHarry. HHrFD.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Harry, James, Lily - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-01-29 - Updated: 2007-01-30 - 7161 words

5Exciting
A/N: I don't own Harry Potter


Chapter 3 - Starting The Preparations

Everest's Peak

Date Unknown

Hour Unknown


At the very top of the mountain, sat a Dragon overlooking the range of mountains around him. The gigantic Dragon, the only male Black Emperor, stood there waiting for those that he could call his friends. Even if there weren't two of the same species, they could understand each other perfectly, and each of their rare meetings never ended in a fight, for they always tried to take decisions that would be good for all magical species, no matter if they were classified by humans as a Light or Dark creature, after all, the Council of Ancients contained the most powerful of all beings, even if they were the most Dark of creatures, or the most Light.

The Council of Ancients existed since magic itself appeared on the planet. As the name implies, each creature of this Council are true Ancients, each one of them were chosen from the very first of their kind ever born to be a part of the Council and are still part of it to this very day, millenniums after being born.

Created to try to maintain a certain balance amongst all creatures, the Council managed to do so until a new race appeared: the humans. Creating rules and controlling those that they considered inferior to them, the humans were a thorn in the path that the Council of Ancients were trying to lead the beings of the planet. They couldn't just destroy these so-called superior beings, for they weren't allowed to simple decimate one species, they were only allowed to kill those that tried to take control of other beings.

But even this they couldn't do against humans. One of the first things that they were told was that there would come a time in that they would be forgotten, for they wouldn't be allowed to take any measures against the race that would make the world flourish, but at the same that would kill the planet and the other species alive. When this race appeared, they would have to sit and watch as the new race destroyed everything around them and enslaved any other beings, eliminating any chance of a time of peace where all living things would be considered equals and wouldn't fight for predominance.

But they were also told that in a future when Darkness would cover the land and destroy everything, there would be one human, the one chosen by nature itself to guide other beings to this era where conflicts would be resolved without turning into meaningless wars simply because of diverging opinions, one human that would reunite those that were the sons of magic and reign forever with the rights of all races in his heart.

This human was foretold to make impossible things become reality. Fate foretold his coming even before the first human was born. This human was the one the Council of Ancients had to wait for. This was the human that would make them stop watching the world around them and would take them to the last true battle of Good and Evil, for such petty fights the human had about Light and Dark was sickening to the Ancients.

And apparently, from what the great Black Emperor waiting for the rest of the Council heard on the last couple of hours, the prophesized human had arrived.

The time has come. Lets gather at the old place where our meetings were held long ago and discuss what must be done to help the prophesized Seraph win the final war and bring an end to the times when we, the most powerful Ancients, had to watch those foolish humans destroying our world.

That was the message Shion telepathically sent to those that were old friends of his, to those that were the first of their species. And that was the reason he was there, in the peak of the mountain where the portal to the place where the Ancients gathered a long time ago. A place that was so charged with their magic it had to be removed from this plane of existence lest they risk such amount of magic to be used by some idiotic human in some stupid quest for world domination.

The portal that led to the ancient chamber of meetings required that all Ancients use their magic in order to be opened, or else it would never allow any one to pass through. That was the reason that they had to distance themselves from the other creatures when the humans began to take control of the world. They couldn't risk being killed and losing access to this portal, since they knew it would be important for something that had to happen after the final war. The only problem was that they had absolutely no idea what would have to happen in this ancient chamber, only that they had to protect it.

Those were the thoughts that were running through Shion's head when he finally saw the other Ancients arriving at the place he was located. He stood there, gazing at those that he hadn't seen for so long he had almost forgotten how they looked. Now, finally seeing their appearances, he couldn't help but analyze each of them.

Artemis, a Phoenix that had an appearance that seemed to scream royalty, what with her sapphire blue feathers, a silver tinge at the end of her wing feathers, eyes the color of the purest sapphire and a silver mark on her head that resembled a rising moon in all its glory. Blue flames involved her body giving the appearance that this Phoenix was burning all the time. Three long strings of razor-sharp silver feathers began at her tail and ended after some six feet from her body. These strings would be extended along her body during times when Artemis was flying or it would involve her body when the Phoenix landed, moving along with the blue flames. Silver claws that could destroy rocks with its strength extended from her talons. A wingspan of at least 15 feet that effortlessly carried a rather impressive body that was easily double of Fawkes' own size. The major difference between Artemis and other Phoenixes, besides the color, size and the fact that her body was permanently covered in blue flames, was the little aspect that she could survive underwater, and this environment didn't stop her abilities in the least.

Gadius, the King Basilisk of the group. A silver snake with black markings on his body that gave the impression of an infernal fire. Gadius had silver eyes tinged with yellow - instead of the purely yellow color of the Basilisk - that allowed him to look at any creature without killing it. When he wanted to kill others with only his gaze, his eyes turned totally yellow and the creature would be killed even if the animal weren't looking at those yellow eyes directly. He appeared in his true form: a 115 feet snake moving quickly enough to make a jaguar jealous. The King Basilisk had an ability that worked really well for stealth: he could shrink enough to look like a mere bracelet on the wrist of a human or could grow to his true size in matter of seconds. A pair of fangs that were enormous of their own right expelled venom that would kill in matter of minutes if the unfortunate prey weren't given Phoenix tears, the only antidote for the King Basilisk's venom. Unfortunately, Gadius was the last of his kind to roam the lands... his species mere legends to the other races.

Marsil, an offspring of a Royal Griffin and a Shadow Lion. The best of both species combined into one. At a first examination, he looked to be only a really overgrown Lion. If you looked closer, you could notice a slight bulge along his torso, that when Marsil wanted, spread to form beautiful wings the color of gold. With his impressive size of 12 feet from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail and a wingspan of almost 20 feet, this Royal Lion gave the perfect impression of what the image of a deadly predator should be like. Fangs, claws, everything in Marsil made he look like he was ready to kill. His astonishing strength allowed him to kill with a single blow, and his speed belied what would have been normal for an animal of such size, making possible for him to catch even the fastest of his prey. His fur was pure gold, a typical trait he received from the Royal Griffin, since the Shadow Lion was, as the name implied, totally black. Red eyes - that seemed to reach into the very soul of those that Marsil's gaze was directed - had an inner glow that made them look like beacons in the night. In times long gone, he was the one that led those animals that were mortally wounded to Artemis, who would cure them with her precious healing tears. Marsil also had the ability of Shadow Walking, in which he merged himself with the shadows in the area and could then travel to anywhere he wished. Perfect ability for stealth he received from the Shadow Lion that had sired him. Also the last of his kind, because humans hunted to extinction the others and the Royal Griffins because of the gold fur.

Elara, the female Nundu. Chosen to be a part of the Council simply because of her size and her color, because, unlike the other four Ancients, she wasn't from a special breed of a powerful race. Though after so many years, she probably could take a Dragon like a Hungarian Horntail an get out of the fight without a single scratch or burn that would show that she was battling what was supposed to be a more powerful foe. Emerald green eyes that promised death to those that stood in her way. A little smaller than Marsil, with 10 feet from the tip of her nose the end of her tail, or better yet, tails, since she had three of them, another aspect that made her different of the others of her species. Black fur covered the most part of Elara's body, except for the places that the gold fur covered parts of her body giving a distinctive impression of two wings connected on a skull. Her paws were also gold colored, ending with white claws that were as deadly as the Royal Lion's that made a part of the Council. Like Gadius, she could totally control her principal weapon, the miasma she exhaled. Contrary to popular belief, Nundus only exhaled their deadly miasma when they wanted to, not all the time as humans thought, characteristic that made the Nundus be classified as a Dark and deadly animal. One thing that humans were right about them was the fact that they are extraordinarily strong and many wizards are needed in order to stop one, even though Nundus don't normally attack humans or the villages set up by humans. The fact that Elara was several millennia old only made her even stronger, making her a real killing machine.

Those were the ones that had been there when the Council of Ancients was first made. Those were the ones that Shion saw arriving at the top of the Everest Mountain. Those were the ones that made sure the nature was in balance prior to the arrival of humans.

Two that were labeled Light animals by the humans. Two that were labeled as Dark ones by those that were leading the world to its destruction. One that was neither, that had the purpose of judging the decisions of all of them. The five together had the power needed to bring forth the balance of all forces within the world that had all but forgotten them.

Artemis was the one that healed the wounded ones with her tears; Gadius took the role of the protector, since he could be with those he was defending at all times looking like a simple adornment on the body of the protected creature; Marsil was responsible of killing those that attempted to control things that were better left without the influence of others; Elara was the one that attacked the enemies, since she could attack a large number of foes with her mere breath; Shion passed judgment on the actions that needed to be taken, lest the Ancients made the world an even worse place than before.

Together the five of them complemented each other. Together they could help all magical creatures. Together they made sure that all races were equal to one another. And now, after millenniums of being mere legends to put children to bed, they would once again gather to decide the best actions that needed to be taken to assure the future of the world. For now was the beginning of a time of change. How much time would be needed to complete these changes was unknown, but one thing all five of them knew was that this change took too long to happen, for it was needed centuries ago.

Without a word to each other, all five of them turned to look at a single point: the highest place on the mountain. With five breaths taken at the same time, the air around there was saturated with magic, all of it directed at the single point they were looking at. The air began to shimmer around the Ancients and a black sphere that seemed to suck light appeared where they were directing their gazes. One at a time, auras began to form around the five legendary creatures gathered there that were then directed towards the black sphere as a ray of light of various colors. Artemis, the Phoenix, had a blue aura around her that was the first that went to the sphere. The second aura was a silver one, slight tinted with yellow, which belonged to the King Basilisk, Gadius. Next was a blood red one that was Marsil's, the Royal Lion. The fourth aura was green, representing the Nundu of the Council, Elara. The last aura that went towards the black sphere belonged to the Black Emperor there, Shion, and it was a golden one.

When all five colored rays hit the black sphere, it grew to form a portal bigger than even Shion, and then it seemed to pulse with light a few times and after it became white with a blinding flash of light. If anyone were looking at the mountain range at that time, they would have seen a ball of light that rivaled the Sun in its brightness. When the light receded and only the white portal was left, the five Ancients looked at each other, a sense of nostalgia filling their hearts because of memories they thought had been forgotten for centuries came back to their minds, of times when nature wasn't being endangered because the humans hadn't begun with their ideas of controlling or saving the world.

They stayed there for a few minutes, only remembering those times when they were still known throughout the world. With a final look to each other, all five of them went towards the portal. During the whole time they had stood there opening the portal, not one word was spoken. After all, no word was needed to signify that the time had finally arrived for the final battle. The time for his awakening had finally arrived. The time when he would bring the balance of forces, Light and Dark, back into the world. A time when the Council of Ancients would see the ascension of the prophesized one. For on this day, October 31st of 1980, Seraph, the one to bring an end to all wars, had finally began his journey towards the 'ascension to celestial state'.


Godric's Hollow

October 31st, 1980

11:27 p.m.


If this were a cottage, I would shudder to think what the Marauders considered a mansion, was the first thought that passed through Harry's head when he appeared some quarter of a mile from the house he would have lived if Voldemort hadn't killed his family. What they called a cottage was a two-story house, at least three times bigger than the Dursleys' house.

Walking in the direction of the house, but always standing in the shadows to avoid being spotted, he began to wonder what his life would be like if he hadn't lost his parents. Would he be some pampered prince like Malfoy? Would he have been so rash in some of his decisions during his teenager years? Would he be ready to wield the power he had now or would it have gone to his head and made him into another Voldemort? No, that last one he could say for sure that it wouldn't happen. If the life he had lived didn't make him like that, a life where he knew what love was since an early age couldn't possibly make him another Voldemort. On second thought, 'another Voldemort' isn't the right term for it. After all, Voldemort never achieved the level of power I have now, that thought made Harry stop and ponder about that. If he became blind to the world and only saw stupid prejudices, could someone actually stop him? Shaking his head to clear it of these moronic thoughts, he focused solely on seeing those that were going to be the first ones to be saved from an untimely death.

Approaching the house, he could see that despite the hour, there were some lights that were still lit. Being even more careful to avoid being seen, he went to the one window where he could see some shadows moving constantly. Pressing himself against the wall, he tried to listen to what was being said inside the house. Fortunately the habitants of the house hadn't remembered to put some silencing charms on the room they were in. After some time he managed to listen to hat was being said.

From inside the house came the female voice:

"What do you suppose is happening, James? Harry hasn't stopped crying since that feeling of magic we felt some two hours ago. I don't know what to do anymore!"

That's my mother's voice, thought Harry, a slight pang in his heart at the thought of what he had lost as a child. I have to save them this time! He had to stop these musings when another voice echoed from the room his parents were in, this time a male voice, James' voice:

"I don't know Lils. Albus said that he had no idea what was happening, but these last few months he has been so mysterious that I can't help but think he somehow has an idea to what was happening with so much magic being felt in the air. You saw how he took minutes to realize we were there with him. He was so deep in thought that even all the noise in his office didn't manage to cut him from his thoughts. But Harry crying like that... He started crying a couple of minutes before we felt the magic, are you sure he isn't simply hungry?"

"I've already tried to give him some milk but he doesn't take it... Nothing I do made him stop crying James... I'm worried, what if something bad is happening now that Harry can feel it but we can't?"

Harry was startled when he heard this. Apparently his parents didn't fully trust Dumbledore, despite going for him when something that they couldn't solve appeared. This could work in my favor, since I don't plan on going to Dumbledore and spilling everything that happened in my timeline to him. If they already don't fully trust him, they won't be thrilled with him when he tells them the prophecy and some of his plans of them going into hiding./i> It was only then that Harry realized what they were saying about the baby, about him. //He has been crying since a few minutes before Shion freed the ancient magic that was trapped inside his body, expecting some sort of attack from me... So he probably started crying when I arrived... Could he possibly felt me when I arrived? No, that can't be it, since there's no way he could fell me.

"I guess now we can only hope that whatever is happening with Harry end so he can stop crying. I don't want to go to St. Mungos now, the place probably must be crowded right now." James said.

Harry risked a glance inside the house and saw that James had probably said something wrong, as Lily was pacing around the living room, for that was the place they were in, looking frantic from James to the still crying baby in her arms.

"Do you think that something is happening to our baby, James? Do you really think that we'll have to take him to St. Mungos?" Lily said, her voice shaking.

Before James could answer however, the baby in Lily's arms looked at the window where Harry was and stopped crying. Two pairs of emerald green eyes stared at each other and after some time the baby giggled.

Harry wasn't much surprised that the baby saw right through the Parsel disillusionment charm he had cast on himself prior to approaching the house. After all, he was never what could be considered normal among witches and wizards, so why should the baby Harry be any different?

The Potters however were too relieved by the fact that baby Harry had stopped crying and never even realized that the baby in Lily's arms had stared at some point outside the house intently before really stopping.

Harry was glad that he had somehow helped with their little problem and never thought that something other than simply staring at each other had happened. So, naturally, he didn't even think about trying to figure out what had occurred in those brief seconds. After all, he hadn't even thought about starting the ritual, had he? With that in mind he didn't even spared a second glance at the family before Apparating. He had many things to do in the one-year period before he had to perform the Soul Union Ritual.

No one noticed the briefly glowing eyes of both baby Harry and the Harry that had come back in time.


Diagon Alley

November 1st, 1980

00:13 a.m.


Harry reappeared in the Apparation point in Diagon Alley. He had to go to Gringotts to open a new vault for all his possessions. Since he arrived there at midnight and the bank was closed, he thought it was better if he went to the Leaky Cauldron to rest a little.

And so he went towards the Leaky Cauldron. On the way there he could feel all the enchantments in the stores. /The shopkeepers are probably afraid to leave their shops without such heavy protections because of the times they are in. I can't really blame them... In this time Voldemort was at the top of his powers, so he probably could assault Diagon Alley whenever he wished... Not that these enchantments will stop him in the least./

He was the only one on the Alley. Not even one person returning drunk from some party would be crazy enough to walk these streets without the light of the Sun protecting them. Not even Aurors were patrolling the Alley. It was totally deserted.

Harry dispelled the disillusionment charm on himself and then cast some glamour charms to hide his true features, also in Parseltongue. Only then he approached the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron. Entering the dim lit pub, he saw only some people drinking at the tables and old Tom behind the bar cleaning some glasses. He went towards Tom and said:

"Good evening, sir. Do you have any vacant rooms I can use?"

Tom looked at the man in front of him, a 6 feet man with light brown hair that reached his shoulder blades, friendly blue eyes and a face that screamed confidence. The man was wearing a gray shirt and black trousers that seemed to be made of Basilisk's hide and a black jacket that he knew were made with Dragon hide, he had seen a jacket like that some days ago at Madam Malkin's. With such a choice of attire this man was probably fairly rich, so he couldn't just send the man away because of these Dark times.

"Of course Mr....?" Tom replied.

"Oh sorry, where are my manners? The name is Michael Moon." Harry said, using the name he often used during his travels, when he wanted to go unnoticed by people.

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Moon. Call me Tom be the way. Sorry about the suspicion but we are living in Dark times, you know? With Voldemort and the Death Eaters on the loose we can never be too careful. Could I please see your left forearm?" Tom asked, not really ready to trust the man even a tiny bit.

"Not a problem, Tom. But why do you want to see my left forearm?" Harry asked, faking an expression of puzzlement, but inwardly he was surprised.
/I didn't know they knew about the Dark Mark already. Interesting./

"I want to see if you have a tattoo there. A few days ago the Daily Prophet published a story of some men that were caught and they revealed that the Mark, a skull with a snake coming out of the mouth, is the Mark that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is using to mark his followers." the bartender answered.

"Oh sure, here you are." Harry replied, taking off the jacket and showing his arm to Tom.

Tom spent some time looking at the arm the man presented him and then took his wand and waved it over the man's forearm, trying to see if the Mark was disillusioned. When nothing came up, he smiled at the man and began discussing the room he would be renting.

"Sorry about that Mr. Moon, but as I said, nowadays you can never be too careful. Now, on with business. I have a room vacated upstairs that will probably be nice for you sir. If you would follow me?" Tom said, and then began leading the way upstairs.

Harry had to admit he was impressed. Tom even tried to make sure that the mark wasn't hidden by magic! But then again, there are ways to hide the Mark that most wizards wouldn't even think existed, like some Muggle make-up. A Parsel charm would also hide the Mark and these wizards would never know. Harry put on the jacket again and followed Tom to the room he would be using while he was here.

After discussing how many Galleons would be needed for the year he would be here, Harry finally went to bed. He had many things that he needed to do beginning the next morning.


10:20 a.m.

After a full night's sleep, Harry made his way towards the bathroom that was in the room he had rented. There he took a nice, long bath to cleanse his body and soul. It already seemed like ages ago that he had arrived in this year, but in truth he was here for less than a single day.

When he finished his bath, he returned to his room and put on a black button-up shirt and black jeans. He recast the charms that changed his appearance and tied his hair in a ponytail. After that, he went downstairs and ordered some breakfast, since he had only eaten some fruits before traveling back in time.

After he finished eating, he went back to his room to pick the trunk that the Goblins gave him and the trunk where his books were in. After he retrieved said trunks, he went out towards the entrance to Diagon Alley.

Entering the Alley, he couldn't help but fell slightly happy that the street was full of people walking up and down, the shops open, like nothing was wrong. With a little smile on his face, he made his way to Gringotts.

Ignoring the warning completely, he entered the bank. It was the same as in his time; nothing was different. Walking up to one of the Goblins, he said:

"Good morning, I'd like to open a vault, please."

The Goblin looked at him and sneered. He probably was thinking that the human in front of him was only wasting his time. Fortunately, for him of course, he chose to only say:

"What kind of vault?"

"Maximum security." Harry answered without losing a beat.

Now the Goblin was surprised. The maximum-security vaults were only opened for those that had at least half a billion Galleons, excluding any artifacts possessed. With increasing contempt, he asked:

"Those kind of vaults require a lot of Galleons. How much do you plan on putting in the vault?"

Now was Harry's time to pause for a second. He didn't know exactly how much were in the vaults of the Potter, Black, Gryffindor and Slytherin vaults. He had an idea of how much it was, but he wasn't sure.

"346 billion Galleons, I guess." Harry said,
uncertainly.

The Goblin's jaw dropped. That vault would easily be the biggest of all vaults in Gringotts. This human in front of him was possibly the richest wizard of the entire world! A vault of this magnitude would require the approval of the President of Gringotts, so all he could do now was take the human to Ragnok's office.

"Well, sir, if you would follow me? We have to see the President to open such a vault." was his reply.

Harry nodded his consent and followed the Goblin to an office that really showed that it belonged to the most important Goblin in the bank. The door to the office was made of pure gold with gemstones adorning it. The floor and walls inside the room was made of white marble. The walls had various weapons adorning it, all of them shining, showing that the Goblins were, first and foremost, a warrior race. The desk at the opposite end of the door could possible cost more than what some Ministry workers made in an entire year. The opulence in the office was something that Harry would never really get used to. He had been to this office in his own time when he had came here after his 17th birthday to go to his vaults and see if there was anything useful in there. Not that he knew he had another vault besides the one that he now knew was only his trust fund, as nobody had ever told him of these things, and those that knew didn't want to tell him. In that visit, he had been really surprised, as the Goblin that attended him recognized the scar and took him to this same office, where he discovered his true heritage and got possession of the Black vaults Sirius had left him. And now he was here again, about to open a vault that would probably hold the greatest amount of money and belongings than any other vault in Gringotts.

"Ragnok Sir, this wizard requests the opening of a new vault and the amount that will be put in it made me fell that it would be better if you handled such procedure." the Goblin that came with Harry spoke in Gobbledygook, after bowing respectfully to the goblin seated behind the desk.

"Very well. You can go now, Tofhawk. I will deal with this." Ragnok, a Goblin dressed in fine Acromantula silk, with glasses made of gold, replied to the other Goblin in English.

Tofhawk bowed once more and left the office, leaving Harry and Ragnok alone.

Ragnok studied Harry a little, noting with some respect that the human in front of him never once flinched under his hard gaze. After a while, he spoke:

"So what's your name, wizard? And what exactly do you plan on depositing on this vault of yours that required my presence?"

"My name is Michael Moon, Mr. President. And, as I said to Tofhawk, I will be depositing around 346 billion Galleons and other belongings." When a sudden idea appeared in Harry's mind, he continued,
"And I'd like to request the rings belonging to the Gryffindor and Slytherin Families, please."

Ragnok was a little surprised at the amount of money this man possessed, but when he heard the request the human made, he couldn't help but gape at him.

"Mr. Moon, are you aware that if you put the rings without being the Head of the House the ring will kill you? I've seen many wizards and witches claiming these rings and perishing before, so I won't even request any proof of what you say, since the rings will kill you if you're not the Head."

"I'm aware of that Mr. Ragnok, but I'm not worried by the threat these rings could pose to me." Harry said, having already the two rings hidden under the Fidelius in his hands.

"Right then, Mr. Moon. I will get the rings you requested." With that Ragnok stood up and went to one of the doors that were connected with his office. Some minutes later he returned with two boxes, one red and the other green, and presented them to Harry. "These are the rings, Mr. Moon. Lets see if you are indeed the heir to the two Founders."

Harry didn't even bat an eyelash when he picked both rings and put them in the same fingers that he had the rings from his timeline. He was surprised however, when the two pair of rings glowed and merged into only one pair. Fortunately, Ragnok wouldn't see the rings that already were in his fingers because of the Fidelius, but the feeling of strong magic that permeated the air because of the power the new rings manifested was startling.

The new rings were just like the old ones, except for a few changes. The Gryffindor ring was still made of diamond, but now the animal depicted in it was made of gold and rubies in the form of a Royal Lion with its wings open. The Slytherin ring was still made of diamond too, now with a King Basilisk in platinum and emeralds. In Harry's opinion, they were better than ever.

"What the hell happened? The rings have changed form!" Ragnok exclaimed, now totally bewildered.

"I have no idea. Now, about the vaults pertaining to these two Families..." Harry changed the subject, trying to avert Ragnok attention from the rings. When Ragnok wasn't looking, he performed the Fidelius charm on the new rings to hide them.

After Ragnok totally recovered from his shock after seeing two of the most important rings Gringotts had accepting a new Head of Family and then changing forms, the conversations turned to the topic of what would be done now. A new vault was opened in the name of Michael Moon, with all the possessions that Harry had already brought plus all the contents of the Gryffindor and Slytherin vaults, approaching the incredible sum of 577 billion Galleons, a huge number of belongings and enough books to cover Hogwarts Library four times, since Harry left the trunk the Weasley twins had made for Hermione in the other timeline in there as well.

Harry and Ragnok also discussed that the bank would be allowed to use the money in the vault for investments the Goblins thought would be beneficial and that a part of all profit would be deposited in his vault. Harry would be even more rich with this, and Gringotts would have an incredible amount of money to use for whatever investments they would make. Ragnok also promised that the business with the rings would stay confidential. Harry didn't need the knowledge that the Houses of Gryffindor and Slytherin had a new Head.

I'd pay to see Tom's face when he finds out he doesn't have access to the vault anymore. It's going to take some while as he never actually came to retrieve money from Slytherin vaults, he always used his Death Eaters' money. But why in the hell didn't he claim Lordship of the Family? Afraid the ring wouldn't accept him and kill him? Since he called himself 'Voldemort' that wouldn't actually surprise me. But would his fear of death actually stop him from claiming the ring that in truth belonged to him? Or maybe he thought that the ring he placed his Horcrux in - the Gaunt ring, his grandfather, - was the true ring of Slytherin? Yeah, that was probably it. He was too worried with his power to actually think about the real political influence he could have by showing this ring in the Wizengamot.

Harry left Gringotts with a pouch that would be filled with whatever sum he needed. A promise from the Goblins that he would receive a list with all the possessions he had left in the bank. With that done, Harry went to have a lunch at the Leaky Cauldron since it was 1:20 p.m. already when he left the bank.

During the time he was eating, Harry began planning his next move: the renewal of a house in Godric's Lane, some 650 feet away from his parents' house.


Godric's Lane

2:00 p.m.


The street that led to the Potter house had some really beautiful houses. Godric's Lane was undoubtedly a place for rich families to live in, as all the houses were big enough that the Dursley would droll in envy at each and every one of them. But the house Harry was interested was at the end of the street, the closest house to the Potter house, a little separated from the others houses, distant enough for Harry use magic freely. It was easily the same size as where his family lived, but it was a wreck. Years without a family living in it hadn't been kind on the structure, that was now almost falling to the ground.

His interest in this particular house was only one: leave it in pristine condition so that Hermione's family would decide to buy it. The first time when they came to this place in the future, Hermione - as soon as she saw the place her parents had told her they were supposed to be living, if not for the condition the house was in, - told him that her parents had come here in the beginning of 1981 looking for a new house. They had absolutely loved the place this house was in, but the repairs they would have to make were too extensive for a couple with a fifteen-month-old baby. So they had to search for another house and ended buying a house in Canton, England, where her parents died in the end of 1997, victims of Antonin Dolohov.

Now he was here to prevent her parents of ever having to go to Canton to buy a new house. Hopefully that would make his childhood a little more fun with the girl he loved always there beside him and a different childhood for Hermione, one that she had friends and wouldn't be so dependant on books and always look up to authoritative figures, or in other words, make her more of a Marauder.

And so he began his self-appointed job. Rebuilding each room the way he remembered Hermione talking about how her parents wanted their perfect house to be. Conjuring new walls - since his level of power allowed him to conjure permanent things, - destroying others and repairing some of them, everything he did was to make sure that the Grangers would have no option but to buy the house. The reparations he was making were centered around the idea of making the house a perfect place for the ones that made him see that Muggles weren't all like those that he had known before Hogwarts; those people that showed him love even though he always put their daughter in harm's way.

After three hours of uninterrupted work, Harry was finally done with the renewal of what would hopefully be the Granger house in the near future. Three hours with magic had done what would have taken months to do with a crew of Muggles working for hours of work everyday.

The renewed house was a two-story building with a cellar beneath the house so Mr. Granger could have his own space for the bottles of wine he liked to keep. The ground floor had a living room, a sitting room, a dining room and a kitchen, besides a medium-sized toilet so that any guests the Grangers had wouldn't have to go upstairs to use a bathroom. The upper floor had five bedrooms, all of them with their own bathroom. One master bedroom for the Grangers; one for Hermione; two for guests and the last one for, hopefully, a sibling for Hermione. Her father had once told Harry the reason she was an only child: with the lonely childhood Hermione had, her parents didn't want to divide their attention between their lonely girl and a new baby, that would make Hermione even more dependant on her books, since her parents would have to take care of the baby, and when this baby would be old enough to play with Hermione, the damage would already be done and she would probably be even more than a bookworm than she already was.

So, doing this, Harry wouldn't only change his past, but also of everyone he knew in the other timeline. His parents would be alive; Sirius wouldn't go to Azkaban; Remus wouldn't spend 12 years alone with his transformations; Hermione would have at least one friend and the Grangers would have the other child they had wanted. His only problem was that he still didn't know how to save Neville's parents from their cruel destiny.

Putting aside the thoughts of Neville's parents, he still had one year after all, Harry cast one last spell, an Egyptian charm that would make Muggles forget the previous state a building was in - a very good spell used when a house had to be repaired overnight with magic, so Muggles wouldn't be suspicious of how it was done, similar to the obliviation spell, but used on the building itself so any Muggles that had seen the house before the renewal would forget its state when they saw the newly repaired building.

Promising himself to check on his parents from time to time and discover a way to save poor Neville's parents, Harry Apparated back to the Leaky Cauldron. Tomorrow he would begin the true quest he had to make: hunt the Horcruxes so he could end the war sooner. After all, if he had to fight a new war and lose those he cared about again, what was the point of going back in time to try to have a better life?


A/N: Thanks for the reviews.
Sign up to rate and review this story