Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Season of Hell

Hell-o Mr. and Mrs. Tonks.doc

by Geovanni_Luciano

See Prologue

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor - Characters: Andromeda Tonks, Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Draco, Fred, George, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, James, Lily, Luna, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Narcissa, Neville, Ron, Tom Riddle, Tonks - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-12-15 - Updated: 2006-12-15 - 2217 words

?Blocked
4. Hell-o Mr. and Mrs. Tonks

So it came to pass that Harry, having left the wizarding luggage furnisher, found himself atop his rather bruised bum, while yet again Nymphadora Tonks lay strewn across his person as tinges of red flushed across both of there cheeks. Arriving by portkey anywhere when it came to Harry Potter seemed to be a disastrous certainty, while remaining entertaining to the observer. Arriving at the Tonks residence proved that this wasn't going to change any time soon.

Harry, taking this opportunity and utilizing his quidditch reflexes chose this particular time to exact what he felt was the most opportune of moments to gain revenge upon one Nymphadora Tonks. Inhaling deeply, he quickly buried his face deep into the shadows of her neck and promptly blew a very wet and satisfying raspberry. What he didn't see, during Tonks fit of giggles and vain attempts of escape was the quirked eyebrow of one Ted Tonks who watched the antics from the entrance way of the home where they unceremoniously landed.
"Teddy, we'll be having guests join us for dinner, this evening." Andromeda stated sweetly to her husband.

"So I see, but who has our lovely daughter brought with her," Ted wondered aloud. Seeing as his daughter had landed on Harry, Ted's view of the other guest remained a brief mystery. He watched as Nymphadora struggled furiously to break free from her assailant, before seeing a mass of messy black hair, familiar glasses, and his thoughts drifted briefly to his friend, James Potter, before realizing that Harry was back in his house after almost fifteen years. Having flashbacks to the constant presence of his friends and their child, he remembered how attached his daughter had been to Harry.

"Nymphadora, please get off of Harry and let him up." Ted said, exasperatedly. Watching as the quickly scrabbled to get up.

Tonks eyed Harry warily with a look in her eye that promised retribution for the familiar transgression. She stood up, and the held her hand out, which Harry took. She pulled him up and then, turned to face her father. Noticing that her father was looking with trepidation at their enterlocked hands, she could see what he wanted to say before it was even spoken.

"Nice to see you, again, Harry, it's been some time." Ted said, offering his hand.

"You too sir. Tonks did give me some recent background on our families, and I'd have to say that I wish that I would have known a little earlier. The headmaster had a way of keeping me in the dark on a great many things." He said, all the time keeping his eyes locked on Ted Tonks while shaking his hands.

Andromeda Tonks had disappeared through the living room and into the kitchen which wrapped around the corner into a closed off room. She hadn't spoken with her daughter, now, for a couple of weeks. That was something that had become commonplace for them, however, since her daughter had signed up to become an Auror. However, there hadn't been much of a real gap in the communication with her daughter. She knew about the Order of the Phoenix, from being friends with Lily and James, as well as the rest of the Mauraders, however never really took place in it.

She did her shopping in Diagon alley, occasionally, and that was only when it was absolutely necessary. She preferred to live as a Muggle for the most part, because her husband being Muggleborn and working for the BBC. It was only really luck that she had been at Madame Malken's today at all as she was in desparate need of new dress robes. Ted and her were getting close to their wedding anniversary, and they always celebrated in the wizarding world, because that is where they met.

She thought hard about the situation that she found her daughter in today, and it never ceased to amaze her about the strong connection that Nymphadora had with the young Potter heir. Just then, she got an evil twinkle in her eye. It wasn't a twinkle of malice but certainly one that would make her cousin Sirius proud.

Quickly she went to the icebox, pulling out the salmon fillets, and then a bag of carrots, green beans, one onion, and finally a sweet potato, then turned and quickly poked her head out of the door.

"Teriyaki Salmon, with Tempura vegetables and steamed rice sound OK, love?" She asked Ted quickly.

"That sounds, fine, but I'd better confer with our guests," He said turned to Harry and his daughter, who both shook their heads in vehement approval.

Andromeda quickly ducked back into the kitchen and set off to the tasks at hand. She took out the carrots, skinned them, and cut the tips and ends. She then cut then into equal pieces length-wise. Setting them aside, she made quick work of the onion, quartering it then providing a quick rinse to ensure that she didn't end in tears. She quickly skinned the sweet potato, and then proceeded to cut it into eighth in slices. Last, she cut the tips from the green beans, and set the vegetables to the side.

The salmon was easy. She took the four salmon fillets; put them in a bowl, pouring teriyaki sauce on them, making sure that they were completely covered before placing the bowl back into the refrigerator. The prep work took about twenty minutes. She had done this over and over again, so it allowed her mind to wander all the while formulating her plan to provide her daughter with some embarrassment. She preheated the oven and then quickly head out of the kitchen.

Nymphadora Tonks sat making small talk with, both, Harry and her dad, as she watched her mother come out of the kitchen. She expected her mum to sit down and talk but noticed the glint in her eye, which could only spell trouble. Mum was up to something, she thought, and that in and of itself could only mean suffering for her. While her mum was not nearly as mean and evil as her little sister and Nymphadora's aunt Bellatrix, one had to wonder where Aunt Bellatrix learned some of the things that she had done prior to joining the death eaters. Remembering that the Blacks were once one of the most devious of families now, Tonks sat as if a prisoner awaiting execution.

The seconds now crept along like hours, all the while wondering what mum was planning. She didn't pay attention to the conversation now, and that was evident, once that conversation had stopped. She was facing two bemused faces, and she was starting to sweat.

"Look what we have here." She finally heard her mum say and turned slowly looking in abject horror as her mum carried three family photo albums, of which, she hadn't seen in many years.

"Please mum, no" She said, turning pale as a ghost.

"Now, Nymphadora, I'm simply sharing something with young Harry here, which he has every right to see. Now, be a good girl, and let the boy have a look." She said, dropping the albums gently on the table.

Harry, now, turned slightly with a look of triumph on his face, looked deep into Tonks eyes. He could see a look of apprehension and, also, a little fear. He knew that whatever was in the pages of these books was something that he desparately wanted to see.

Once he opened the cover, however, his expectations brought something that he didn't expect at all. He say pictures of Andromeda, Ted, and Tonks with his mum and dad, and obviously himself. They were of course wizarding photos which moved, so he stared at each and every one of them in the album. What happened as he turned the pages was a gift that he didn't expect. He was remembering.

Most of the pictures of Harry were either with his mum and dad, but were mostly featuring Harry and a very young Nymphadora. She was holding Harry. She was cuddling with Harry. She was walking with Harry at one year old, pulling him along by the hand, much as she did earlier that day in Diagon alley.

Nymphadora sat there irate. If steam could have come from her ears, it most certainly would have at this point. She looked at her mum and saw the smug and self-righteousness in her eyes and in her manner. She heard a mumble come from Harry and turned to look at him.

"What was that, Harry?" She said, with the slight fear that was in the background pushing itself forward again.

"Change back, for me, please." He said, almost pleading. She complied, and he looked at her again. He saw the same brilliant violet eyes. He looked at the same jet black hair, and said one word with almost a questioning undertone. "Nymmy?"

Tonks smiled slightly before looking at her parents briefly, who both wore smiles on their faces. She looked back at Harry and simply nodded. She noticed tears came to his eyes and quickly went down his cheeks which almost had her upset if it weren't immediately accompanied by the dumbest, stupidest and most joyful grin that came across his face. She quickly found herself encapsulated into a fierce hug. She felt an immediate warmth coming from Harry which brought with it her own remembrance of the lost events.

"I remember, Nymmy. I remember you. I remember mum. I remember dad. I don't know how, but I do." He said in a gruff whisper. "Oh I've missed you." He said, getting choked up, before burying himself again into her neck, however this time without malice.

"Harry Potter," Tonks said, pretending to be affront, and pulling slightly away from him to look him in the eyes. Once he made eye contact, she finished, "Only you can call me that, because only you ever had, but only in private, understand?"

Harry didn't say anything, he simply nodded an affirmative, before being capture back into one of Tonks firm hugs herself. Mr. and Mrs. Tonks only watched silently as they watched the two special friends reconnecting after so many years. Andromeda's intention was to embarrass Nymphadora with the pictures. It made her happy, however, that her plan had been foiled this way.

Ottery St Catchpole

It was just before dusk and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, along with Ginny, Ronald and Hermione were all at the table eating in silence when the proximity wards were tripped. Arthur quick got up from the table and looked out the window. What he saw was something that would stay with him for the rest of his life. Ten Aurors, which also happened to include Kingsley Shacklebolt were approaching the house with their wands drawn.

Arthur quickly left the kitchen and opened the front door. Noticing the no nonsense approach caused slight alarm in Arthur, but ever the Gryffindor, he waited patiently until the were atop the front porch.

"What seems to be the problem, Kingsley?" Arthur questioned.

"Sorry about this, Mr. Weasley, but we're hear to bring all of you into the DMLE for questioning in regards to the account of Harry Potter at Gringotts." He said somberly.

"What do you mean?"

Apparently there was an altercation with one Auror Tonks, while off duty, and upon her escorting Mr. Potter to his vault today it was found empty. We also have a warrant for Ms. Granger, in this matter as well.

"This is just outrageous!" Molly Weasley screamed from behind her husband, trying to look aghast. "We have done nothing but try to look out for that boy, and this is the thanks that we get.

"See here, Molly, please calm down." Arthur pleaded with his wife, however she would have none of it and was silently fuming behind her husband.

"Listen, Molly, we can get this sorted when we get to the Ministry..." Kingsley started, but was cut off, by the irate redhead.

"We most certainly will not be going to the Ministry... We've just sat down to dinner, after all, and now it simply not the time."

At this point, the other Aurors were getting antsy. They were here to do a job, and it was clear to them that Sergeant Shacklebolt had a relationship with this family and this was a quick, take into custody situation. Dawlish was the first to speak from behind Kingsley.
"Auror Shacklebolt, we have a job to do. If they're not willing we're authorized to treat them as hostiles. Let's get on with it."

Dawlish, however was not prepared for what was to happen next. He stared at Kingsley, who was facing him, looking as if he he was taking offense to the direction of the junior Auror. What he didn't notice that Molly Weasley already had her wand in her hand, and when Arthur moved slight out of the way the words that he heard would be his last.

"Avada Kedavra!" Molly screamed with hate, vengeance and malice. She was quickly hit by seven stunners, and then promptly incarcerated. Unfortunately, Arthur Weasley was hit by three incidental stunners and fell to the ground never suspecting a thing. Several moments and several stunners later the Burrow was, both silent and empty.
Sign up to rate and review this story