Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Downward Spiral

Chapter Fifteen

by 854439 2 reviews

Chapter Fifteen - lovingly added during a double ICT lesson.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2006-12-15 - Updated: 2006-12-15 - 1745 words

0Unrated
I couldn't hear myself running across the short patch of tarmac between one bus and the next, but could clearly hear Gerard's heavy footsteps behind me. It was the only thing that broke my line of thought; the brief realisation that I'd lost too much weight for it to be good for me and it was probably why my trousers were now half way down my hips.

But then I returned back to thoughts of what the fuck I was going to bribe them with.

I didn't knock, just walked up half the stairs of the bus that The Used was touring in. I stopped when I could safely see everyone sat playing what appeared to be poker - a game I simply can't play to save my life - without being accused of helping anyone cheat.

I cleared my throat for attention and instantly had three pairs of eyes on me as they drew their cards to their chest.

"Yep?" Asked Jeph, sliding away from their playing area.

"Umm, is it okay if I kick you out your own bus for a bit?" The three looked at each other.

"Why?" Asked Quinn, turning around slightly.

"Cause I really need somewhere private to talk to someone, and I can't get it there," I pointed to the other bus "And I get the feeling that if I take three steps out of the safety area I'll get trampled by a flock of girls," The trio looked at each other again.

"What's in it for us?" Asked Jeph. I was rapidly loosing patience - if any one of them asked me anything again I was going to simply chuck them out.

"Umm..." I though, biting my bottom lip. "I'll play poker with you and bet everything in my pockets?" Silence. "Umm...I'll play strip poker with you!" A few noises of agreement, but still not good enough. "Umm...punishing me or someone else?"

"We're thinking both you and Bert. But make it something kinda nice, he needs a pick-me-up," I rolled my eyes before thinking again.

"Got it!" I exclaimed, jumping on the step I was on. "How about if I play strip poker with everyone and I wear purple underwear?" Silence. "And..." Momentary silence during which Gerard tugged at my jeans, bringing them dangerously close to falling down, and mouthed something that looked like: 'broccoli'. I looked back up before I figured out what he was on about. "And I'll make sure broccoli is on the menu that night!"

"Alright, but we'll remember that," I sighed as the three stood and left, giving us both strange looks as they passed.

I waited until I heard them clamber onto the other bus to pull Gerard into the bus with me.

Once in, there was what felt like an hours worth of silence. We did nothing but stare at each other as we stood opposite each other.

Finally it registered in my mind there was silence from the other bus.

"They're watching, aren't they?" I asked, biting my lip again.

"Yep,"

"Screw them, forget they're there,"

"I can't,"

"Why not?"

"There's no telling what I'll do if I think they're not there," There was silence again during which I was forced to hoist my jeans up. "S-" He began to say something, but stopped briefly. "Say it again," I took a deep breath. Then another. And another.

"I love you," I have never seen a man so happy from just three words.

Apparently forgetting the fact that we were being watched, I found myself being lifted off the floor in perhaps one of the best hugs I've ever had. I found myself giggling almost uncontrollably.

I managed to get a hold of myself, though.

Still smiling, I placed my hands on either side of his face, pressing my lips to his.

If possible, my smile widened at the sudden dull roar that found it's way to my ears from the other bus.

---------------------------------

I refused to play strip poker that night, but agreed I'd be willing and ready the next night. There was no way in hell I was suffering through strip poker with several rather tipsy men. Hopefully, having a brief day off the next day, they'd be nicely drunk ? as in, not the giggling drunk but the drunk enough to mess things up. But that was wishful thinking.

Not that anyone would have been able to find me that night.

Why? You want to know? Umm...

I did a lot of the not much. A lot.

Just imagine my grin right now, okay?

---------------------------------

The next morning, after wriggling my way out of Gerard's arms, I quickly nabbed the laptop again. Hastily ignoring whatever had obviously been searched for last night (the abundance of scantily clad women on a new folder's image telling me someone had been up late last night) I logged myself onto Quizilla and started checking the journal posts under the tag 'gerardway':

GRLFRIEND!? WTF!?
Please, no...sniff :'(
sigh And another 1 bites the dust...
Any1 got any info on 'his' new GF!? Plz?

Just a few titles pertaining to me. I read them all, unsurprised to find the posts rapidly becoming more violent. So far, they knew: I really was their make up artist, I used to work in Starbucks (for about a week or two, but they didn't know that yet), I originate from New Jersey (whatever was wrong with that, I didn't know), didn't draw (an apparent shocker) and some had even been smart enough to figure out it had probably been going on longer than it seemed.

One in particular even had my name: apparently it was now published on wikipedia. It was news to me.

An hour into reading my hate messages, Gerard sat next to me.

"What you doing?" He asked groggily. I smiled.

"Reading about how much every hates me," He rested his head on my shoulder before scan reading some of the messages. A light frown appeared on his forehead.

"What do they know?" Was all he muttered before leaning off my shoulder and trudging off for coffee.

"Some of them like me, at least," I scrolled down to one of the few 'I wish them the best' messages as he sat back next to me while the coffee sorted itself out. There was really no need to scan read it, it was barely ten words.

"At least some people are nice," He yawned before fetching his cup of coffee. I smiled before leaning back, determined to give my own input to this. Sitting back next to me, Gerard rested his head on my shoulder again.

"What's wrong with you? Tired?" I asked, stifling a yawn myself. He nodded.

"Yeah. Could have something to do with not crawling into bed until two in the morning after god knows how long in a bathroom cubicle with you..." I grinned before kissing the top of his head.

"Aww, I'm sorry, I know how much my baby needs his sleep," My eyes flicked over the laptop screen one last time before they settled on the time in the bottom right corner. I groaned.

"What?"

"Eleven o'clock,"

"Ah," He slid away from me to let me get up.

---------------------------------

"Y'know, you could always try and keep the kitchen clean," I suggested as I rummaged around for whatever cleaning supplies we had.

"We could, yeah, but that's no fun," I finally lifted the tub of cloths and cleaning sprays onto the counter. "'Cause then we wouldn't get to see you with marigolds on," I stopped pulling on the yellow gloves I had started to slide over my hand.

"If you don't shut up, I'll make you help me," There was no reply, so I slid the other glove on.

"Do you think they sell dresses is the kind of colour?"

"Right, that's it!" I grabbed the second pair of gloves, these one's pink, before diving after him as he took off out the bus.

---------------------------------

Our chase took us around the bus a few times, through The Used bus (thus leapfrogging over Bert), around that bus a few times, around the nearby tree, in-between the innocent public's cars and, finally, back onto our own bus where I managed to grab him around the middle.

He shouted in alarm before grabbing onto the table for support before he fell over.

"Put them on!" I shouted for the thousandth time.

"Never!" I squealed, practically scaling my way up him, forcing him off the table so I was sat on his stomach.

"Last chance: put them on!"

"NO!"

"Fine," I reached for his flailing arms, placing the gloves firmly between my teeth.

"NO! NOT THE PINK ONES!"

"SHUT UP!" Called someone from the bunks. I have no idea who, and I didn't really care.

"YES THE PINK ONES!" I said through the gloves before finally securing a hold on his wrist. With difficulty I kept a hold of his wrist with one hand whilst my other pried a pink glove from between my teeth.

I had to basically hug his arm so I could get the glove on, but I managed it.

"One more!" I reminded him, waving the glove in front of his face as he attempted to get the glove off.

Grabbing the wrist that was helping to pry the pink glove off his other hand, I had to lean forward and push it over his head to stand any chance of getting the last glove on.

His gloved hand came around my middle, attempting to pull me off yet somehow failing miserably.

I'd just got the glove over his fingers when a sharp pang in my neck made me yelp. I giggled before swatting at his head, as difficult as that was from my position.

"Don't do that," I scolded playfully before going back to the glove. Another pang made me sit back, luckily the glove was on by then, and rub my neck. "What are you, a vampire?" He grinned.

"I don't know, but we can always see," Both gloved hands came round my shoulders, pulling me downward. I fell into a fit of giggles as hot breath tickled my neck before teeth rasped against skin. I yelped as the teeth clamped gently down on my neck before giggling again.

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!" Pushing hard against the floor, I managed to lean away from the vampire to see Mikey scowling at us from a gap in his curtains.

"Sorry," I mumbled, standing from Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story