Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The elemental

The elemental

by wimvincken 0 reviews

ONE SHOT. While staying at number 4 Privet Drive in Little Whinging for the summer, Harry experiences strange things ... he is being attacked by fire, water, wind, plants, dirt and insects ... unti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Parody - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Snape, Tonks - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 3535 words - Complete

2Funny
At number 4 Privet Drive in Little Whinging, Surrey you will see the house of the Dursley family. The family lives in a large, square house with four bedrooms. The largest bedroom is, of course, occupied by Vernon and Petunia Dursley. The second largest bedroom is occupied with their only son, Dudley, who Vernon and Petunia dote on endlessly. The third bedroom is the spare bedroom and that bedroom is occupied by a certain messy haired boy named Harry Potter.

Strange things are happening now in the smallest bedroom of the large, square house. Harry Potter is sitting still at his old desk for he cannot move. If he does, he will be instantly attacked! Not by his Uncle Vernon who likes to blame Harry for everything that goes wrong at Number Four and definitely not by any of the death eaters that would love nothing more than to kill Harry for their master, Voldemort. No, Harry's attackers are flies; hundreds of them.

There are flies all over the small bedroom and they are rapidly filling up the small space in Harry's room. In addition, if a fly attempts to land near Harry, the fly is instantly destroyed by a narrow beam of fire coming from ... well ... nowhere! When the beam destroys the fly, Harry is also hurt in the process because of the heat the beam generates and then out of nowhere, he feels a soft touch of what feels like wind and then the pain disappears immediately. Sometimes the beam of fire will hit his head and Harry can feel his hair burning, and then out of nowhere streams of water will appear and douse him.

Another strange thing is all the dirt that Harry can see. It covers the floor and his bed ... he is not sure, but he thinks that he can see movement in the dirt ... and the smell is overwhelming.

There was a time when a large yellow rose began to grow right in the middle of his small room, which was immediately destroyed by beams of fire. He thought that this was definitely odd, but the plants continued to suddenly grow around his room, moving in front of Harry, and suddenly destroyed by the same beams of fire, causing his bed to burn, followed immediately by streams of water. His bed was black from the fires and the smell of the burning mattress was overwhelming.

The door of his small bedroom burst open and his uncle Vernon started to scream and curse at the boy because of the smell but then he froze in his tracks. Vernon's eyes went wide as he looked with shock at all the devastation, dirt, flies and smells in the small room.

"What the ..." He was instantly hit by beams of fire, dirt, water and wind. Plants appeared around him, hitting him where they could and the wind blew him straight into the hallway and out of the Harry's room. Harry could hear his uncle Vernon freaking out and screaming for Petunia. "PETUUUUUUNIA! THE FREAK ATTACKED ME WITH MAGIC! PETUNIA!"

Harry could do nothing. Whenever he attempted to stand up from his chair, water and fire would hit him, and a strong wind would force him back on the chair. "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!" he whined softly. "SOMEBODY HELP ME?"

Harry was glad that he was able to send Hedwig to get help yesterday evening. He hoped that the order would understand that something was wrong.

Suddenly Harry heard a soft pop in his room and there in front of the door to his bedroom appeared Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, the current headmaster of Hogwarts. Harry felt a rush of relief welling up from his stomach because he knew if anyone could help him, Professor Dumbledore would and he would remove all the strange things happening to him in this room.

Professor Dumbledore looked in amazement at what was going on in the small room ... flies everywhere, plants were creeping over the ground, and he saw dirt everywhere. Between the dirt, small flowers grew fast in front of his eyes, all kind of beetles, ants and small spiders popping up, building instantly small webs to catch the flies. Suddenly in the middle of the dirt, a large yellow rose started to grow with alarming speed and a beam of light ... no ... make that concentrated fire ... destroyed it instantly ... small fires started around the effected area, and the fire was followed by streams of water ... coming from the thin air ... no visible source! Instantly the dirt replaced the scorched areas, followed with moss and small plants, water seeping out of the soul. The professor was fascinated and stared at all the plant and animal activities in this small room ... an absolute impossibility.

"Aaawww ... again ... aaaaaaaah ... professor please ... AAAAAAH ... what ever it is, it is attacking me! MAKE IT STOP! ... HELP!"

Professor Dumbledore saw a beam of fire appear from nowhere flying towards Harry ... not exactly at Harry ... but close by ... and saw a small explosion of light when it reached its target. Because of the proximity of the fire Harry's hair started to burn and just as quickly as it burned a stream of water appeared above his head, putting out his fiery hair and making him instantly wet ... again.

Suddenly the professor understood and his eyes went wide ... "oh my ... " and a large smile appeared on his face " ... oh my" and repeated this several times, trying to comprehend the impact his discovery would make on the world, the fight against Voldemort, Hogwarts, the Ministry ... and of cause Harry.

"Again ... aaaaaaaah ... professor ... AAAAAAH ... MAKE IT STOP! ... HELP!"

The professor could not help it; he felt a deep sense of relief swelling out of his being, his soul, followed by satisfaction and delight. He started to laugh ... and laugh ... tears appeared and he continued laughing. He needed a chair to sit on but he just dropped to the ground and continued laughing harder and harder. Wave after wave of laughter appeared from the professor, trying to catch his breath but still laughing.

"Aaaaaaaah ... professor, pleeeeeeease do something ... AAAAAAH ... DON'T SIT THERE LAUGHING ... IT IS NOT FUNNY AND IT HURTS ... PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!"

Harry was looking with shock at the laughing professor, who was now rolling over the ground laughing between the dirt, beetles, spiders and other creeping animals. A devious flicker appeared in Harry's eyes when he was looking at the laughing professor ... and .... yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss ... a beam of fire appeared behind the professor and landed on his backside where a satisfying hole appeared followed with some smoke.

Instantly the professor yelled from pain and stopped laughing. Harry had a satisfying smirk on his face. "Professor, can you help me now?"

The professor stood up from the ground, his new yellow robes were dirty and had spiders, beetles, ants and other creeping things all over him. Dirt was in his white and long beard ... a large cockroach ran from his backside to the ground. He waved his wand over him self and was clean again, wearily looking around him for a repeat of the beam of fire ... his backside felt like it was burned, and it probably was.

He looked at Harry, who had a satisfying smirk on his face and he understood. "I am sorry Harry, but I could not help myself. What I understand here is that you are an elemental, and everything that is happening here is the manifestation of the elements."

He took a deep breath. "And I am so sorry my boy, but I cannot help you. The only elemental in the world, the absolute power you will have, the most powerful of wizard you will be, the boy-who-lived, the hero of the Wizarding world, the only survivor of the killing curse, the one who survived many confrontations with Voldemort ..."

He laughed a little, looking wearily around and to Harry. "... and burned by small beams of fire and drowned by jets of water ..." the laughter started again.

In the mean time, Harry was becoming very irritated and he still was not sure what was happening, except that he had gained a stupid new power and again he was the freak.

"And how do you think I can get rid of all this mess and stop the fire from burning me and water from drowning me?"

The professor was still laughing. "By ... controlling the elements ... in ... ahahah ... in your mind ... you can talk to ... each ... ahahah ... element" Then professor was trying to catch his breath, "... you need ... will the element ... haha hahaaaaaaaaaa haha ... force it with your willpower to ... hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haha ... do something ... hahaaaaaaaaaaahaha"

Suddenly the professor stopped laughing, smelling the air. His eyes went wide again ... and his expression changed into ecstasy ... "aha ... yeeessss ... that iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis innnnnnnnteresssstinggggggggg ... everything fliessssss" while he was looking very interesting into the air ... following the flies all around him ... his face was now totally red and the silly expression on his face was absolutely laughable.

In front of the professor was a beautiful plant growing, its stem was deep blood red, the leaves were an ultramarine, purple on the edges. Wait a minute; Harry recognized that plant ... that was a rare hora-bora plant. This plant causes the same effects as drugs, except no addiction. So our professor Dumbledore was completely stoned and pirouetting around the room like a sugar plum fairy in a woodland forest. Now Harry started to laugh. Wait until Ron would hear this and Hermione or ... or ... Ginny!

"Oooh Minerva, your legs ... I am dreaming of a white Christmas with your sexy legs in my bed," sang the professor on the top of his lungs, while making hopping movements, jumping around the room, destroying little plants all over, waving his arms up and down as he was flying.

Harry could do nothing else but think about the last comprehensive words from the professor before he became very barmy. But that was very difficult for him to do with the lovely picture of Dumbledore and McGonagall permanently imprinted in his mind.

Harry needed to focus on the elementals, what ever they were. He needed to force the elements to do what he wanted. What was it the professor said before? Uhm ... yeah ... talk to them.

He looked at the still happy and hopping professor and to the devastation in his room; his black and still smoking bed, and all the little plants and all the zooming flies, the floor covered with dirt and other better-not-to-know-what-it-is.

So let us try to speak. Closing his eyes tightly, Harry was concentrating, trying to ignore the noise that the professor was making ... oh ... he has a new song ... oh shit ... concentrating ... concentrating ...

"My Bony is over the ocean", the professor sang. "My Minerva is over the ocean, and my bunny is ..."

Concentrating ... concentrating ... ignore ... concentrating

"... and here she comes, my gunny, my bunny, my love ..."

CONCENTRATING ... CONCENTRATING ... UUUGGGHHH! ... quiet ... concentrating

"My Bony is over the ..."

Harry screamed "QUIET! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!" ... and everything was immediately quiet. All the flies froze and dropped to the ground while all the plants were instantly frozen and dead. Dumbledore was frozen in the middle of a hop over the bed with both arms over his head ... looking with amazement at Harry ... and promptly fell on his bum. "Humph"

Harry looked pleased. "Good, now I need to concentrate ..."

He closed his eyes again and tried to figure out how he could speak to the elementals ... maybe talking loudly ... no that will never work, maybe mentally having a talk to a non-existing what ever an elemental was.

"Hello" he asked him self mentally. Nothing.

"Hello, is someone there?" Still nothing.

"Hello fire, are you there?" Still nothing.

"I feel like an idiot speaking to myself and I'm going to end up barmy like the professor here." Still nothing ... except he heard the professor singing again. Harry sighed ... "this must end here and now."

He stood up from the chair and started to walk towards the door of his bedroom ... he was waiting for an attack, which was suppose to come ... nothing! Suddenly he bolted to the door, opened it and walked straight into Dudley. Harry bounced back immediately but Dudley was attacked by a beam of fire, a jet of water, wind and dirt. Dudley squealed like a pig, turned and ran down the steps, still followed by beams of fire, streams of water, dirt everywhere and his speed was fed by a good wind in his back. He ran without stopping through the kitchen, through the backdoor without opening and ran as fast he could into the dark, lovely night.

Harry stood up, looked back to the still singing professor, who was now too busy singing love ballads to a parrot that appeared some minutes ago in the corner of where his closet once stood, now reduced to a smoking wreck. "My darling, my honey, my love, I love you till ..." Dumbledore sang with a loud wailing voice.

Harry turned to the stairs and bolted down. He ran into the kitchen, which was empty ..., no one here ... well that was splendid. Harry turned and was amazed of all the flowers and colorful plants, which grew on the stairs and partly in the kitchen.

Harry took some steps backward, and saw that flowers plopped out of the ground where he walked. "This is amazing!" Suddenly he recognized one plant specifically ... the hora-bora plant! He did not want to end up like professor Dumbledore, so he left the house via the backdoor in the kitchen and more plants and flowers continued to pop out of the ground where he walked.

Harry wanted to contact the order member, who must be posted somewhere outside on guard duty in the hopes that he can help him and Dumbledore. Therefore, he called out in the night. "Hello, is someone from the order there? I think we need help, because Dumbledore is completely stoned." Behind Harry was an oak-tree growing ... blocking the backdoor?

Harry tried again to call for an order member and thought that they might be at the front of the house. Harry walked towards to the front of the house and called out for the order member. "Hello ... heeeeeeello ... is someone there ... hello-o"

"Wotcher, Harry," Tonks said brightly, who sported bubble-gum-pink hair as usual. "What's up?"

Harry was happy. "Tonks, you're never going to believe what is happening here", he said. Tonks was looking over Harry's shoulders. "What the heck is that? All those plants and trees ... where are they coming from, Harry?" Harry looked over his shoulder and saw a jungle of plants, trees and he could have sworn he saw monkeys waving.

"Never mind that, Tonks ... there are a lot of strange things happening the last couple of days. But it is Professor Dumbledore, he is so completely stoned and he thinks he is in love or something like that ... and he went crazy on me ... he is in my room singing ... don't you hear him?"

Tonks looked surprised at Harry. "Harry, I hope you are not testing one of those things from Fred and George?"

Harry was completely frustrated at this point, "Noooooooooooooooooo, Tonks. For Merlin's sake, listen to me! All those plants are ganging up on me, what ever it is, it is attacking me with fire and water, and the wind is blowing at me from all sides. Tonks help me!"

Tonks looked at Harry as if he grew an extra head. "Harry, maybe we need to bring you to St. Mungo's Hospital. "

"No Tonks, I am not crazy. Look behind me, all plants and whereever I go, plants are growing. In the corner of his eye, he saw something shining. He turned his head and saw the new car from Vernon and Petunia Dursley flying through the air and landing with a loud crash some hundreds of meters away from where he and Tonks were standing.

At that moment, they could hear Dumbledore singing a new song ... "Cucuruku rukukaaaaaaaaaaaa .... Rukukukukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... rukukukukuka aaaaa ....aaaa aaah ... Una Paloma blanca ..." CRASH! Dumbledore fell out of the window straight into the large petunias, which were growing beneath it.

Harry was now very excited and jumped up and down, for now Tonks had to believe him. "You see Tonks, Dumbledore is off his rocker and he is completely stoned. He sniffed at the hora-bora plant and went totally wild and uninhibited." With a slight smirk and a devious twinkle in his eyes he thought about the Weasley twins and the wonderful pranks they could develop with this plant. "Anyhow, I am having the problem of ..."

"Oh Harry, don't you have a girlfriend?" Tonks asked with a sly grin on her face.

"Girlfriend? ... Giiiiirlfriend? What has a girlfriend to do with the beams of fire and jets of water?"

"Well ... yeah ... uhm ... Harry ... maybe you need to ask Remus to talk about little witches and wizards ... you see ... uhm ... I am not the right person for that ..."

"TONKS! Quiet down ... hold your horses ... who says that I have problems with the little witches and wizards ... I don't need that agony at this moment, I have other and more serious problems at the moment, don't you see?"

Harry looked closely to Tonks, who was now jumping up and down. "Tonks ... are you alright?"

Tonks snapped to attention. "Yes Sir ... Yeah Siiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... I lovvvveee boys in uniform ... sooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy!"

Harry turned suddenly around and looked for the hora-bora plant and yep, there it was, a fully grown hora-bora plant, it now carried heavy red fruits. "Oh no, not her too!"

Harry was now very annoyed. He looked angrily at the damned hora-bora when suddenly a flash of lighting hit the plant and went up in smoke! He was dumbstruck. That was it! He did it. The only thing he needed to do was repeat what he did only seconds before. Harry looked to the plants in front of him. Everything was growing so fast and if he didn't hurry soon Privet Drive would be hidden by the forest and jungle that was quickly appearing before him. Harry concentrated on burning it all. "Burn ... Burn! ... Buuuuuuuuuurn! ... BURN!"

Nothing seemed to happen, they plants continued to grow. Now he saw that the house at number 4 Privet Drive was completely covered in vegetation, he could not even see the roof, but he did see palm trees growing where the roof should be.

"Oh bugger ... what must I do now?"

In the mean time, the muggle police had arrived. All of the police officers were looking in awe at the jungle that they were certain was not there yesterday. Harry heard the pops from the apparating wizards and he hoped that it was members of the order was that were arriving, otherwise he was in deep trouble.

The first person he saw was Snape. The man in black was walking straight to him with his usual dark expression on his face. "Potter, you idiot ... what did you do now?"

At that moment, bolts of lighting, beams of fire and jets of water were all hitting Snape simultaneously. The greasy man had never been one to show fear but he obviously didn't care because at that moment all hell broke loose. "HEEEEEELP ... DEATH EATERS! GET DOWN ... ATTACK ... I AM UNDER ATTTACK" and Snape jumped behind some plant from Harry's personal jungle, grabbing his wand and started firing curses at the police officers, who immediately snapped out of their stupor and returned fire at Snape.

Harry felt the bullets and curses flying around his ears. "STOP!" ... a large wall of earth rose from the ground and stopped any fire from either side.

"That is it! Maybe I can do this again!" Harry screamed excited. Harry pointed his finger to the police officers and willed a strong wind. All of the police officers dropped to the ground and started to roll away. "Allllll riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! That is ittttttttttt! "

He turned around and smirked to Snape. "Now I am going to do what I always wanted to do with you, Snape." He pointed to Snape and he went flying and about 40 meters further away he landed with a loud crash.

He pointed to his jungle and concentrated ... all plants burned down instantly, including the palm trees ... and the roof of uncle Vernon's house. "Oops!"

He walked to Tonks, who was sitting in the middle of the street looking dazed. "What's going on Harry?"

"I'll explain later, Tonks. Can you walk? Let's go inside the house, ok?" Both of them approached the house and they saw Dumbledore sitting by the front door. "Professor, are you alright?" Harry asked. Professor looked thoughtful at Harry and nodded. "Harry, in all my long life I have never seen such a demonstration of latent powers from a person then I have seen today. "

Then he smiled. "It has been a very long time since I've had such a good time." He grinned. "I assume that you now have a certain control over your elemental powers?"

Harry nodded to the professor. "Yes Sir". All around Harry and the professor popped several plants out of the ground.

The end

-----

Authors notes:

This is the first story of the writer's duo: Carolyn and Wim. I hope everyone likes it.
Sign up to rate and review this story