Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

Alcohol and payback make a bitter cocktail

by FrostedGlass 10 reviews

What happens when Sheena gets wasted and finds a way to make Andy jealous? Read chapter 20. (And then leave angry comments because it doesn´t deal with Sheena doing that at all. Ha.)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-10-18 - Updated: 2006-10-18 - 2365 words

2Funny
20. Alcohol and payback make a bitter cocktail


ONCE AGAIN I´M TAKING THE OPPORTUNITY TO THANK EVERYONE WHO READS (AND REVIEWS) MY STORY. FURTHERMORE, THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO EVEN SPENT SOME RATING POINTS ON ME! :) IMMENSE GRATITUDE GOES TO FruitBat FOR HAVING PROMOTED MY BORING CRAP TO ITS CURRENT POPULARITY. YOU´LL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART.

ALSO, I´LL TRY TO WORK IN ANIMALS, DISHES AND CROSSDRESSING WRESTLERS BY REQUEST SO DON´T HESITATE TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS.

_____________________________________


I spent Christmas at my parents´ place to celebrate with them and my younger brother Nate. The holidays were nice and all, in other words boring, but after all the drama with Nadine and Joe and Pete and Joyce that was a welcome change.

Obviously once Pete had reached his goal of getting the girl he stopped paying her his undivided attention. During a band practice Andy´s sister was having a fight with him over the phone over that matter. I don´t think he actually cheated on her it was just that he was too flirty. I didn´t talk to her about what was going on because I deemed it best not to get involved with any of that because of my friendship with Patrick. Yes, I could have talked to Joyce whether she was considering breaking up with Pete and maybe Patrick would´ve cheered up at that but I really didn´t want to stick my nose into that kind of private business of people I was not too familiar with.

On December 28th I returned to my apartment, with me was Nate. I had kept my family updated about the goings-on in my neck of the woods, including the developments in my band, and now my brother said was eager to meet my fellow band members.

"You know how much I am into music," he had expressed when bugging me about staying with me for a few days until school started again.

"Didn´t you just sell your stereo and the 10 CDs you owned to raise money to buy some fancy gadgets for your car?" I asked. He was not fooling me, this sudden interest in my band was a pretense to get away from my parents for a few days. But who could blame him? When Mom had reached menopause a few months ago she had declared Nate the center of her universe and tried to force him into as many pastime activities he could engage in with her as possible.

Despite your average 16-year-old´s natural attraction to weed, Nate - surprisingly - did not share her interest for organic gardening. And even though my little brother had perfected the art of wasting time and being highly unproductive during his high school years, he did not look happy sitting next to Mom on a yoga mat with some marine animals demonstarting their talkativeness on a meditation CD from ebay.* You had to pity him.

"Here we are," I stated redundantly when unlocking the door of my apartment after a four-hour drive filled with my brother´s drivel about which chick was hot and who was not at his school, at his work place and in a general radius of 10 miles from my parents´ house. God, Nate would hit it off with Pete, they could fine-tune their rating criteria together.

Ah well, at least Dad could get over his worries concerning his sexual orientation because of Mom "wussying him up with [her] woman activities".

"Neato," Nate commented upon entering.

"There´s a little room at the end of the hall that has a pull-out couch in it. You can crash there. Feel at home... but, please, wear more than just socks when leaving the room," I grinned at him.

"Sheena, drop it already. I was drunk when that happened," he retorted to my reference to a bizarre indicident that had taken place last summer. "And, from what Mom tells us about your private life, you could use a little flashing as an aid to your memory concerning the male anatomy."

"Geez, you´re such an idiot," I muttered, shaking my head but smirking at the familiar rudeness.

_ _ _ _ _


In case you wondered if things could get anymore ridiculous in my life, let me inform you of Nate´s worship of Joyce the instant he laid eyes on her. Some may refer to her as siren, I preferred ´dick magnet´. Really, what was it about this woman that made men fall head over heels for her? It was probably more a curse than a blessing though, especially when a pubescent high schooler was slobbering all over your plaid skirt.

"Need a bucket there for your drool, Nate?" I shouted over to them on the couch while I tuned my bass.

"Need some Kleenex for your bra, Sheena?"

Joe acknowledged the lame insult - I think B cup is just fine, thank you - with a chuckle.

I slid up the E-string. "Need a gag for your mouth or can you keep it shut on your own?" I teased him back. Yeah, yeah, I was six years older than him but it still was fun fighting like that. I guess that´s how we showed our affection for each other.

By the time the practice was over Pete showed up to pick up Joyce. Their relationship was an up- and downhill ride and right now things were obviously in order. About two minutes after Pete had come around he had picked a fight with Nate who tried to convince Joyce to dump her current boyfriend and experience the joys only a creative young man could offer. (Now it was my time to chuckle.)

At first Andy, Joe, Patrick and I watched the scene, grinning amusedly to ourselves but when Nate started pushing Pete I stepped in.

"Guys, guys. That´s enough now. Leave them alone, Nate, and don´t make a fool of yourself." I didn´t want to embarrass him in front of everyone, especially not in front of Joyce, but who was he trying to kid?

Of course, Nate didn´t put up with my patronizing without some words of protest but in the end the couple left the garage and my brother joined me and the rest of the band for (veggie-)burgers and fries at a fastfood place close to Andy´s house.

_ _ _ _ _


The day of New Year´s eve Mom came to pick up Nate. He had gotten along well with my friends and since I had made sure he didn´t meet Pete and Joyce again the days had passed uneventful in terms of cock fights.

Patrick was at my place when Mom showed up and of course, she couldn´t help herself and humilitate me by asking if he was my new boyfriend.

"Please, Patrick´s not blind," Nate cracked as he passed us by on his way to get his stuff. God, I would miss him.

Patrick smiled politely and shook his head, "We´re just friends. I´m Patrick, the guitarist in Sheena´s band." He extended his hand and my Mom shook it.

"Oh, yes, Sheena´s mentioned you. Nice to finally meet you, Patrick."

I relaxed.

"Say, Patrick, don´t you have a nice friend that would be interested in Sheena?"

From laid-back to uptight in 0.5 seconds. Thanks, Mom.

He grinned sympathetically at me, "I´m working on that, Mrs. Scully."

That earned him a "Oh, shut up" glance from my side.

When my family had left Patrick told me that he and the guys plus Joyce would be going to a New Year´s party thing on a hill just outside of town. "You´re coming too, right?"

"Sure," I nodded. Then I made a short pause, "Is Pete coming too?" I was wondering how Patrick was planning on dealing with having lovey-dovey Joyce and his cousin right in front of his eyes for the time span of several hours.

"No, he´s not. It seems right now they´re having problems again. Joyce told Andy she found out that Pete made out with another girl the other day. I don´t have any details but Joyce is pissed."

"I don´t understand why the two of them have to constantly travel between two extremes," I sighed.

"It´s not really Joyce´s fault. Pete fucks up all the time."

"I guess she does deserve someone better."

_ _ _ _ _


When Patrick and I arrived at the party Joe, Andy and his sister were there already. We met up with them and got drinks. There were several campfires burning and I saw some people setting up fireworks for later.

I was happy to be there with the people I´ve become friendly with over the course of the last months. I had found a trusty friend in Patrick. I had grown more or less accustomed to Joe´s harsh comments and I had started to appreciate Joyce for the respect she met Patrick with, trying to keep Pete out of his face most of the time.

As for Andy, I´m sure he hadn´t failed to notice the longing glances I couldn´t stop to take at him. Immediately after Halloween he hadn´t exactly talked much to me but as time had gone by he interacted with me like he had before I had opened up to him about my feelings. However, ever since then we hadn´t been alone together in one room.

I was dealing, all I needed was time.

"Hey, let´s go dance!" Joyce squealed and grabbed Joe by the hand.

Where was Jordan? Probably founding a ´I slept with someone in Blue in the Face and haven´t even gotten a song written about me´ club with Nadine. That´s right, Joe had terminated the next relationship. I couldn´t really hold that against him - in contrast to having started a relationship with two morons like his last two girlfriends.

A few moments later we were jerking around to the music among other people. Half a song later Patrick and I found an excuse to remove ourselves from the scene and retreated to a calmer spot under a tree**. After having found out that I had never heard of a movie called ´Rushmore´ he gave me a complete plot summary and characterizations of the main figures. Silly kid.

Later we met up with the rest of the gang and wandered the party until Joe and I got into a conversation with a girl that had seen us at the Christmas basement show. When we said bye to her the other three were out of sight. Joe left me to get another drink and I looked around, searching for Patrick and the Hurley siblings. After sometime I gave up and returned to my previous spot beside the tree, watching the party.

About an hour later I spotted Joyce lip-locked with some guy.

I don´t understand how some people need to resort to actions like that to take revenge on someone. Actually, most of the time I don´t understand how getting even with someone helps them to deal and get over the hurt. So there she was sucking the brains out of some poor random dude that was used for her evil scheme.

Wait a second. Ugly deer stalker hat, long shaggy brown hair, barely tall enough to ride on a roller coaster.

Meet Patrick Stump, everyone. Musical genius, romantic dimwit.

Before too long I found my feet moving in the direction of their public display of affection, or more accurately, in Joyce´s case, public display of too much alcohol. A few seconds before I had reached them they pulled apart.

"Hey, Patrick."

He turned around, "Hi, Sheena." Aha, to this was what he looked like when he was high on Joyce.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

He glanced at Joyce, "Ok, but make it quick. We were about to leave."

Pulling him with me by his sleeve, I walked a few feet away from her.

He looked at me, grinning like a complete idiot that was in dire need of a good friend´s advice.

"Say, what in the name of self-respect are you doing?"

"Huh?"

"I mean you are aware of the fact that Joyce is pissed at Pete and she´s trying to get revenge on him by making out with you, right?"

His grin faded and he became serious, "Is the possibility of her starting to like me so unthinkable, Sheena?"

I wasn´t in the mood for fighting so I didn´t start a discussion on that. "Ok, Patrick, granted that she´s sucking face with you because all of a sudden she feels attracted to you, do you think it´s smart to rush into things and leave? Both of you´ve had several drinks." I paused and tried to interpret his facial expression. "It just doesn´t seem like a good idea to me."

He was quiet for a while and then said, "Well, I´m old enough, Sheena. Thanks for your concern and all but it´s really..." he looked me straight in the eyes, "uncalled for."

"WHAT?" I couldn´t believe what I had just heard.

He turned away from me and walked back to Joyce who was eagerly waving at him. "I´ll see you."

"Patrick!" The guy just ignored my yell.

I watched him putting his arm around Joyce´s back and her kissing him on the cheek. It made my stomach churn. I looked around, desperately tring to find one of the other dudes but neither Andy nor Joe were in sight.

They were leaving the party now and moments later they were out of sight, most definitely on their way to commit the kind of mistake that an intoxicated doting guy and an angry, hurt woman keen on payback with alcohol in her blood thought would grant them alleviation of pain.



_____________________________


* For your information, I´m done with apologizing for various offenses Sheena may be commiting. I´m quite busy apologizing for all the trouble I cause in my own life.

** Want me to put a cork in it? (Har har.)


Sign up to rate and review this story