Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

Drama, come out, come out wherever you are

by FrostedGlass 6 reviews

Chapter 17 features established characters from The Bass Files such as Andy, Joe, Patrick, Joyce and Sheena as well as newbie Peter. There´s also things happening in this chapter. Things that invo...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-14 - 1824 words

1Funny
17. Drama, come out, come out wherever you are: Misery loves company


As the weeks passed Peter was frequently hanging around when the guys and I practiced in the garage. Since ´Pretty in Punk´ was history now we had decided to stay here because Andy´s drum set sounded so much better than the monster Patrick had at his apartment.

While we were busy playing or talking about songs or trying to convince Joe that one guitar solo per song was really enough Pete was chatting up Joyce. (The other day he had even showed up topless. It was quite funny because that day Joyce wasn´t even around and Patrick asked him if he was eating enough with a worried look on his face. As a response Pete had asked Andy if he could borrow one of his shirts.)

Just as we finished the last song I heard Pete telling Joyce, "I think so too. Like take Sheena, for instance. If she put on some make-up she could easily pass as a 7 or 8."

Joyce looked at me, kind of shocked, as she realized that the music had stopped and we could perfectly hear what they were talking about.

"Guys, are you talking about fashion and that shit again?" Joe asked, rolling his eyes. He had become quite friendly with Pete. From what I picked up they went out together and hit clubs and bars on the weekends. They did make a nice pair. Reminded me of the old bags Waldorf and Statler on the balcony from the ´Muppet Show´.

"We were talking about how some people could improve their appearance," Andy´s sister informed him.

"Yeah, ´cause I just pointed out Joyce´s great sense for style." I wondered if Pete could be packed in small boxes and sold as emetic. He should be happy aiding girls trying to become thinner and ´improve´ their looks.

"In fact, I like Sheena´s natural look. She´s a natural type," Joyce blabbered.

As if I cared. But I thought so too, thank you.

Andy sighed loudly, "Please, GIRLS." He was referring to his sister and her admirer. "Could you cut out the woman´s talk while we´re having band practice?" He had a point. This hadn´t been the first time. Yet, I think that he was getting really annoyed about this new guy taking every opportunity he could get to hit on his sister. My guess was it wasn´t so much that he didn´t think Joyce couldn´t look after herself - frankly, I was getting the feeling that she rather enjoyed being the center of Pete´s attention - but that he knew that it made Patrick miserable.

Patrick had been quieter than usual during our last practices. I wondered why he didn´t just tell Pete to back off a little because he liked Joyce. Probably he was too shy or probably he feared that Pete would still go on and he would just lose his face. It was silly, if you asked me. Even though we had become quite close in the course of the last two months or so we didn´t talk about what was going on between Pete and Joyce. I could tell he didn´t wish to discuss this.

"Why´d you get so uptight about this?" Pete inquired.

"Because this is band practice and it´s there for the band to practice not for you to insult members of the band, jackass."

God, Andy was sexy when he was getting mad. He was extra attractive now that he spoke up against Pete.

The guy got up and glanced at us, "Maybe I should leave then..." He turned to the door.

"Yeah, maybe," Andy replied and from behind his drum set. Joyce glared at him and said, "Well, I´m coming with you, Pete." Then they left.

I looked at Patrick. He caught my sympathetic look and shifted his weight from one foot to the the other one, appearing rather uncomfortable in his skin. I noticed that Joe and Andy´s eyes were on him as well.

"People, stop looking at me like that. I´m fine."

"You´re not," Joe remarked.

He shrugged, "I´m dealing."

"Man, your cousin sure is an insensitive asshole," Andy said out loud what everyone was thinking.

"He doesn´t know..."

The drummer shook his head, "And what was that with his remark about Sheena´s looks. Like he has the right to pass judgements like that."

I cleared my throat, "I think he didn´t even mean that as an insult. He just... pointed out what he thought... It´s not like I care."

"Well, you shouldn´t ´cause you look just fine," Andy said angrily.

Why on earth did he have to say that? Things like that only made not liking him so much harder. In the meantime I had gotten over him not wanting to date me but I still had the hots for him. Maybe it was just because I hadn´t had a boyfriend in quite a while, I couldn´t say, but in the end, what´s the difference?

"Yeah, yeah, we all look fine," Joe was getting bored. "Can we stop wasting our time on talking about feelings and have some fun?"

We decided to play a game of Monopoly, which was not what Joe had had in mind but he got overruled by the rest of us. In the end, he won and Andy was bankrupt. Patrick and I still had some money and a few properties left but no-one felt like playing anymore.

"What an awesome game!" Joe cheered. "We have to play that again next time."

"Hey, Patrick, wanna come over to my place? We still haven´t watched the new DVD that I got like we said we would."

He nodded at me, "Why not?"

"Geez, you´re sure spending a lot of time together lately," Joe commented.

"What´s it to you?" I asked with a neutral tone of voice.

"Just making conversation... blah," he replied with a wink. He smiled at him. I knew he hadn´t meant to allude to something. I guess I was still mad about Pete hanging around all of the time.

_ _ _ _ _ _


"God, I´m tired. I should be getting home before I fall asleep," Patrick stretched on my couch.

I thought for a second, "Why don´t you just sleep here?"

He looked at me in astonishment.

I had to snort, "Don´t worry, I won´t pounce on ya. In fact, I´m quite positive I´ve forgotten the little I once knew about sex."

Oh, there was my favortie combo: Patrick blushing and playing around with his hat. It just made you wanna pinch his cheek. Sorry.

"Come on, it´ll be fun. We can stay up all night and fight over who´s cooler, the Joker or the Penguin."

He giggled, "I´m going with the Penguin on this one. The Joker is so hyper, it´s scary."

"So you´re staying?"

"I guess."

"Turn off the shyness already, dude. You could try to loosen up a little around me, I´m just a dork like you." I smirked.

"Why, thank you," he faked being hurt.

We pulled out my sofa and I got us a blanket that we wrapped around us.

Patrick laughed.

"What is it?"

"It´s been ages that I´ve been so close to a woman..."

"I´m afraid, as I already mentioned earlier, I can´t brag about my interesting love life either."

"With me it´s been two years though."

"Whoa. That IS a long time... So you dated someone even though you´ve always liked Joyce?"

He looked a little confused, "Well, it sure is a long wait." He pulled a face. Yeah, that hadn´t been a really considerate question. "But it never was anything serious just... flings. I mean like... two, all in all."

"I see." I didn´t know what else to say to that.

"What about you?"

"I had two serious relationships and a friends with benefits thing."

"YOU had a fuck buddy?"

I frowned, "Nice phrasing, Patrick... but yeah, actually I did." He smirked. "What´s so freaking funny about that?"

"I don´t know. I just didn´t think you´d be the type of person to do that kind of thing."

Ha, he had no idea.

"Well, it was in college... I was desperate and... oh, cut it out." I watched Patrick´s grin grew wider.

"That´s awesome." he laughed. "Like I see you in a whole new light now. Just wait until the guys hear that."

I gave him a soft push, "Don´t you dare telling them." I´d die if Andy found out.

"Ok, I won´t tell them... So, say, did you have like special fuck-days or something?" he smirked.

"Blah... I shouldn´t have told you."

"Do you have any tapes from your time at college?"

"PATRICK! Stop it. You´re making me uncomfortable."

Now he gave me a soft push, "That´s funny considering that you´re the one hogging most of the blanket."

It felt really good not having to sleep alone that night. Patrick fell asleep before I did. I watched his chest rising and dropping as he breathed, his mouth slightly open. He resembled a 14-year-old kid more than a grown man in this position. (When he was awake you could add two years to that.) Especially now that he had gotten rid of his sideburns.

If Joyce really took an honest interest in Pete then there was no way in hell she could fall for Patrick. They were complete opposites on the outside as well as on the inside. I mean, Pete was probably not as shallow as he seemed at first but I couldn´t say that I liked him much. I´ve always been intimidated by people who were that extraverted. Oh well, maybe it would help Patrick to finally get over Joyce if she did hook up with Pete. Like getting his heart broken once and for all so he could start a new life.

Without a heart? Ok, maybe my thinking wasn´t fully sophisticated yet.

Sometimes I wanted to slap Patrick for being in love with someone like Joyce. I mean she was pretty and yes, she was nice too but that´s actually all the adjectives I could describe her with. Then again, what more did I see in Andy? It just goes to show that you can´t control feelings.

I decided to try to get some sleep as well and placed my head down on the couch, next to Patrick´s. His eyes fluttered open for a second and his lips curled into a lazy smile, "Nighty night." Then he closed his eyes again and turned, so he was lying on his back now.

"Good night, Patrick."
Sign up to rate and review this story