Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Signed, R.A.B.

The Prologue

by DutchSlytherpuff 0 reviews

The birth of a new child.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Mrs. Black,Sirius - Published: 2023-06-15 - Updated: 2023-06-19 - 360 words

0Unrated
It was a chilly night in the middle of August, and in the streets of northwest London there was a dark-haired and handsome man rushing around. The man listened to the name Orion Black, and he was rushing into Grimmauld Place, making his way towards number 13.

He carefully looked over his shoulder to make sure nobody was watching him before he tapped the door with his wand. As it swung open, revealing the long, dimly-lit hallway of his home, he quickly stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

He was welcomed by crying coming from upstairs. A crying baby. He ran even faster than he had before as he rushed through the hall and up the grand staircase, trying to get to his family as quick as possible, for he recognised those cries very well—he had been in a similar situation not even two years ago.

He rushed into the nursery and was greeted by the sight of two women—his wife, Walburga, who was holding his newborn son, and his sister-in-law Druella, But they weren't the only ones in the room.

"Dada!"

A bright smile flashed on Orion's face as his eldest came running to him, arms wide open to welcome him back home. He rushed to him and swiftly picked him up before the boy could trip and injure himself with his unsteady steps. He carried him over to his exhausted wife and their newest addition to the family.

He planted a kiss on his wife's cheek and stared proudly at his youngest son in her arms. Two sons. They had done it.

"When..."

Walburga smiled up at him. "About an hour ago," she answered his unspoken question, holding their son out to him to give him a better look.

"That's your baby brother, Sirius," Orion said, looking between his firstborn son still in his arms and his newborn son in Walburga's. "You're a big brother now."

But little Sirius was mostly occupied with Orion's hairs, and not his new brother. Orion didn't mind for once.

"You are beautiful," he murmered, using his free hand to touch the newborn's cheek.

"Welcome to the world, Regulus Arcturus Black."
Sign up to rate and review this story