Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter of Air and the Airer’s Stone

CHAPTER TWO: THE VAPORATING GLASS

by HarryPotterAlternate 0 reviews

Harry Potter of Air and the Airer’s Airstone is the first book of the Harry Potter of Air series in the aerowizarding and aerowitching world of aerowizardry and aerowitchcraft, called Aerowizardi...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Dudley,Harry - Published: 2022-12-16 - Updated: 2022-12-16 - 14763 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER TWO: THE VAPORATING GLASS

Closely ten years had passed since the Dursleys had bumped unto Dumbledore of Air carrying a bundled little Harry of Air, and a company of aerowizards and aerowitches accompanying them. This company of aerowizards and aerowitches were now their best neighbours, and the best neighbours they could ever dream of having, as their relationship starting from friend and friendship had floundered to that of family and familyship, as they all lived with them on their wingless and unmoving aero-islet in their tiny tree neighbourhood, Nestland Flyway, which contained seven winged nests all now inhabited, of which included their number two of they the human aired or airmen, and those of their best friend neighbours — the true aerowizard aired or airmen who consisted of the Avibiens and their boy and girl twins Avicien and Avicienne — birdmen aerowizards and aerowitches who lived in number one, the Alawins and their boy and girl twins Alain and Alaina — wingmen aerowizards and aerowitches living in number three, the Voloflys and their boy and girl twins Volorin and Volorina — flymen aerowizards and aerowitches living in number four, the Plumafeas and their boy and girl twins Plu and Plume — feathermen aerowizards and aerowitches living in number five; and as well the recent newcomers who lived in the last two nests, number six and number seven, and were the so called halfmanned-halfbirded AKA halfbirded-halfmanned aerowizards and aerowitches, consisting of the Mavions and their boy and girl twins Mavin and Mavina who were minoavis’ — flying and winged halfmen-halfbird hybrids, who were air being breeds having the head and torso of men and the body of birds; and the Aminons and their boy and girl twins Amin and Amina who were aviominos — flying and winged halfbird-halfmen hybrids, and were air being breeds having the head and torso of a bird and the body of a man, who had been warmly welcomed in the neighbourhood also, and had integrated the neighbourhood’s friendship and familyship despite their different morphologies and races.

Other more recent newcomers had come and settled in Nestland Flyway, and aerowizards they were also, who were friends of Dumbledore of Air, and also shared the same rare air being breed as he — the one-and-only aired or airmen of the airworld and aerowizard world, as they were flying men with and/or without wings and feathers, for they had the ability to sprout-out of their body and sprout-in of their body their wings and/or feathers, as this gives them the ability to be temporarily flying men with wings and/or feathers — when their wings and/or feathers are sprout-out, and also temporarily flying men without wings and/or feathers — when their wings and/or feathers are sprout-in. They lived in an always mobile nest which mostly moved above and around and about the other more stable nests, and directly beneath the canopy, and which was number zero. They were Mr. and Mrs. Aeron and their twin boy and girl Eron and Erona who had been well welcomed too at their arrival, and their liveliness had also been an accepted change.

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley lived with their nephew, Harry of Air, whom they raised and loved as they did love their own twin children, Dudley and Dudleya, and this was evident to their neighbours and to all who had a glance at how life was in the home of the Dursleys. Dudley and Dudleya and Harry of Air shared the same love too. In fact to them, Harry of Air was seen as a same sibling and son of theirs.

Upon raising Harry of Air, the Dursleys, as well as their aerowizard friend and family neighbours, from his early age had told and taught him — and also all their other true wizarding and aerowizarding children as he who lived in this Airworld of the Humanworld — how they lived in this secret wizarding community in the human world, a community secret from the humans, and an aerowizarding community of aerowizards and aerowitches who lived in secret and in secrecy from the humans who knew not who they were, except for a few ones as his family the Dursleys. They told and taught him about him been also an air element being from the air element — Airia, and its air world — AeroWizardia, of which he was also an air wizard being — an air-wizard. They also told them about the other elements of the element world, the Elemental World — Elementia, and its air worlds of the elemental wizarding, the Wizarding and Witchcrafting World − Wizardia and Witchcraftia.

Thoroughly telling him who and what they were, and from where they were, as well as who and what he was, they also told him what were of his parents and how they had died — excluding the part played by Lord Voldemort of Air, as they deemed it not the time to tell him as of yet, and they had recently told him what heritage they had left behind for him, which had to stay a secret to everyone else except to they who lived with him and a few others, which Harry of Air all silently took in. They told him the truth of why they lived with him and the Dursleys in the neighbourhood, as it all had to do with him and keeping an eye on him and watching him as he grew, and telling and explaining to him all this as it was the time to do it as they had awaited it.

Telling him about him being the now new Guardian of the Gemstone of Air, the Air Stone, also the Diamondstone — with the guardianship of it ever exercised by his family, the Potter of Air family, and which passed from his parents to him as their heir, they told him what the Gemstone of Air was truthfully and what it worked, and how it needed to be protected by him as it had been protected by his parents who lost their lives in protecting it — though they reassured Harry of Air, from the worry they saw crawling in him, that he needed not be scared about losing his life, as the fate of his parents had not been the same fate as that of the previous Potter of Air guardians, as most had lived and died in old age as it should be. They told him that they had been watching him all his life till now to see when the lost Air Stone would seek him as its new guardian to swiftly come and claim and guard it, and they seeing that it hasn’t yet occurred, they think the stone shall be soon after him, and that they should be present when it happens as they should help him come to terms with the Air Stone when it calls to him. Though the adult parents knew of Harry of Air’s guardianship status, the children — as most aerowizards and aerowitches, knew it not, though they suspected something peculiar of him and stayed shut never asking of it as requested by their parents. Dudley and Dudleya ignored everything of it. That was the only thing which Harry of Air shared not with the other children as it was requested of him by their parents who told him they were better safely left out of it.

In answer to Harry of Air querying about the stone’s whereabouts, they told him they knew not where it is and where it had been all this time, nor what his parents had made of it before they died, but they assured him it shall come for him as it is wont to. They all told him this keeping secret the part about his safety and security from the dark Lord for fear of Harry of Air living a weighted and worried life from it. The last they told him was about being better for him to live in the humans’ aerowizarding than their true aerowizarding as they saw it suited for him, for he could not be distracted here from being at the listen of the stone.

The next thing that was in the mind of the Dursleys, and most especially their familyish neighbours was Harry of Air’s being breed, which hadn’t manifested as of yet, as Harry of Air was still like all flymen and as the Voloflys — neither winged nor feathered flyer, and his father was of the rare air being breed — the one-and-only aired or airmen, and his mother upon her aerowizarding reveal had stayed a flywoman with no wings or feathers. The neighbours had expected Harry of Air to develop his father’s being breed at an early stage, as it was common to all wizards and wizarding types to inherit the being breed of the father; and time passed and passed, and nothing happened as no wing nor feather sprouted out, and Harry of Air was ten years already, which was becoming late for his being breed to show up, as a being breed if expected to show up did that mostly at birth and through to the age of five, and seven latest, and beyond that age rarely. Some of the neighbours had begun believing that he might have all this time being simply as flyman as his mother — and the neighbours had explained to the eagerly awaiting Dursleys it was nothing to worry nor to see as unusual, though it was somehow important to aerowizards and wizards of all types to see someone of theirs take after the being breed of his male parent — his male ascendants especially, and especially when it came to the scarcely air being breed of the one-and-only aired or airmen. The neighbours, and the Dursleys too, however awaited and expected a change still, as it was still possible, as it has also been heard and seen of some wizards whose breed outed at adulthood and even at old age.

Harry of Air also in all his ten years had never set foot in Airia and its AeroWizardia, and he had been told he shall when he should have finished his elementary apparent aerowizarding school studies here in the Airworld of the Humanworld, and then leave for the Airia element of airy and aircraft, and the AeroWizardia world of aerowizardry and aerowitchcraft of the wizarding world, where he shall start a new life for his actual aerowizarding secondary school studies, with a wand, a branch, and a hand for the hands; and a woot, a root, and a foot for the feet, in the AeroHogwarts School of Airy and Aircraft, and Aerowizardry and Aerowitchcraft.

Harry of Air, though living with the Dursleys and sharing a room with Dudley, also lived with the other seven neighbours as well, as he spent most of his times with their children — mostly with the boys who were his companions and friends in whose room he mostly slept also. All the boys of his neighbourhood — as well as the girls, all generally met at one’s home — and most of the time also on an occasion, and would spend all the evening there engaged in their stuff, and generally spent the night there.

Friday, the previous day, was one of such days. It had been the last day of their elementary school studies, as all the nine boys who were almost of the same age — ten or eleven, were elementary students at the E.E.S.S.E. — the Elementary Education Students School of England, where schooled the aerowizard and aerowitch children of the aerowizarding community of the human world as they awaited the suitable wizarding age for wizarding studies in the wizarding schools of the wizarding world, and where also schooled the human airmen children of this aerowizarding community. Harry of Air and the other eight boys and their twins had been in the Elementary Eight class, which was the last class of elementary school, and the day had been the day of the remitting of results and report cards for the third trimester of the school year, and of which they had all excelled; and also the day was the day of the official release of the results of their Elementary Education Exit Examinations or E.E.E.E. — also known as the Second School Entrance Examinations or S.S.E.E., in which they had all passed and were all now going to start with their second school studies. Harry of Air, Dudley and Dudleya had been very congratulated by Mr. and Mrs. Dursley for their successes.

Harry of Air and the other eight boys, after coming back from their school for the last time, and after finishing with their parents’ at their respective homes, and with permission from their parents had then left their home and gone to the Aerons where they had spent the rest of the day with them in their living room, and after the boys spent the evening and night in Aaron’s room as the girls spent theirs in Aaronia’s room, and all the time from afternoon till late night had all the children arguing about where they will proceed with their second school studies. Their choice for all of them aerowizards and aerowitches was the AeroHogwarts School of Airy and Aircraft, and Aerowizardry and Aerowitchcraft, which was considered the best aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting school in the aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting world, and in which Mr. and Mrs. Aeron were teachers, and which had been why the boys and girls had decided to spend the evening with the Aerons, so as to question the parents about the aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting school, and the thrilling things they had heard about the school.

Dudley and Dudleya had been the most silent in these discussions and arguments, for they were humans and would probably engage their secondary studies in one of the human schools in this human world, for they had no wizarding nor witchcrafting within them. They had been however assured by Mr. and Mrs. Aeron that some secondary schools in this their secret community offered secret wizarding and witchcrafting courses and curriculum, and that they were going to refer some of these schools to their parents if it ever interested them to see them learn some wizarding and witchcrafting stuff for humans. That had enlightened Dudley and Dudleya.

Today Saturday was a special day, for it was the successive celebration day where children who had excelled at the E.E.E.E. and their parents celebrated with them their successes at the exams. Parents mostly either organized ceremonies in honour of their children, or otherwise celebrated their successes in myriad manners. The Dursleys and the other Nestland Flyway’s parents, to celebrate their children’s successes, were taking all of them to a trip to visit some true local aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting sightsee, and all of the children were extremely happy, excited, and eager to see true aerowizardry and aerowitchcraft rather than the slight, and seeming, and superficial ones they were used to. Harry of Air however wasn’t happy or in a festive mood as the others for the day, as the Air Stone was becoming more and much in his mind, including his being breed, for his non-winged and non-feathered status started deranging him as he saw the longing and expecting looks of the adults upon him when they thought he was not seeing them, and which made him feel somewhat lesser, inferior, and abnormal to their eyes, and he started disliking his winglessness and featherlessness, and worrying if he will ever have his father’s and paternal family being breed and have people see him normal. He tried to conceal his worriedness from his friends by forcing himself to be in the same celebratory and expectant state as they.

Since it was the Aerons turn to take them out for a friendship and familyship trip, it was then agreed that they were the ones to take them out for the day in some fancy place. At 07:00 AM, the adults awoke and saw themselves one by one out of their nests and into their courtyards, greeted one and the other jovially as they inquired about each others’ night, and were joined by Mr. and Mrs. Aeron who told them of the best places they thought would be perfect for them for their celebration — a secret, magical and mystical plant and animal garden it was, and told them to be all prepared to leave by 10:00 AM.

In the Dursleys home, Mr. and Mrs. Dursleys re-entered the house, and Mrs. Dursley started calling from downstairs as Mr. Dursley climbed up.

“Dudleya, Dudley, Harry, wake up. It is time to get out of bed.”

When she heard no one answering from upstairs, she called once more, “Dudleya, Dudley, Harry, up.”

Dudleya as usual was the one who answered. “Mummy, we are getting up, and we are coming down.”

“Come on, hurry on, and all come downstairs for breakfast. Dudleya I am waiting for you to come and help me with it.”

Harry of Air and Dudley were in their room still in their beds yawning and stretching out. Harry heard his aunt making noise in the kitchen with kitchenware, and then the sound of the frying pan being put on the stove. He rolled onto his back and tried to remember the dream he had been having. It had been a good one. He had been flying on an aviocycle with Dudley. He and Dudley nodded to one another as their way of greeting.

His aunt was back screaming.

“Are you all up yet?” she demanded.

“Nearly,” said Harry.

“We are coming,” said Dudley.

“Well, get a move on, I want you to come and let’s have a quick breakfast. We have to be quick in everything and be ready before 10:00 AM, which is the time Mr. and Mrs. Aeron said we will be leaving all together for some special place.”

A moment later, Dudleya was down with her mother preparing breakfast, and Harry of Air and Dudley came down with Mr. Dursley, and all settled at the table after helping Mrs. Dursley and Dudleya set up the table.

Then the Dursleys and Harry of Air, all five, breakfasted on the kitchen table with Mr. Dursley at its head, Mrs. Dursley on his right beside Dudleya, a girl with gray hair, bright eyes, an average neck, tall, slender and graceful as Aunt Petunia, while Dudley was on his left, a boy with gray hair, tall and slightly thick who looked a lot like Uncle Vernon, and next to him was Harry of Air, a boy tall and skinny with white hair and blue eyes, and who wore square glasses, had a handsome square face, and had a series of small scars on his forehead that were shaped like bubble bolts, which he liked much. He had had it as long as he could remember, and the first question he could ever remember asking his friend and family neighbours and Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia was how he had gotten it, and was told he had gotten it in the accident when his parents had died.

As they had their breakfast, they hurried on it as they discussed about what magic and magical things could be found in a magical garden and zoo, and once breakfast was finished, Mrs. Dursley made them all clean with her, and after hurried them upstairs to their rooms to clean themselves and get themselves ready for their outing, as she and Mr. Dursley after saw themselves to too.

Minutes before 10:00 AM, most of them — the parents tugged and hurried on by their children excited of their visit to the magical and mystical garden and zoo, flew out of their nests to their courtyards, expectingly acknowledged those whom they saw, and walked up to their aerovehicles, boarded them, and started them. Mr. and Mrs. Aeron, Aaron, and Aaronia, up were the last to emerge out of their stationary nest, and looked to those down, chatted briefly to them and flew to their own aerovehicle and entered and started it, and flew it off. Harry of Air, Dudley, Dudleya, and Mr. and Mrs. Dursleys who were the firsts to emerge out of their nest all boarded up Mr. Dursley’s aviocar, whose wings after some minutes, flexed and flapped, and soared out of number two’s drive, and up to the branches and boughs of the tree’s canopy, where it was joined by the similar magical bird-shaped aviocars of the Avibiens, the Aminons, and the Mavions; and came along the Alawins’ magical wing-shaped and winged alaocar, the Plumafeas’ magical feather-shaped and feathered plumocar, the Voloflys’ magical non-winged-and-non-feathered volocar, and leading the way out of the canopy was the Aerons magical bird-shaped and winged-and-feathered aerocar. The white and whitish aerovehicles all emerged out of the canopy, flew around the corner, and out of their air-islet, and onto the aerial road, where they joined the Polkisses in their aviocar who were awaiting them — Piers and Piersa Polkiss who were the twins son and daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Polkiss, were a boy and girl who had the happy round face of their mother, and the blond hair, blue eyes, and tallness of their father, and the two were the best friends of Dudley and Dudleya — with whom they had decided they would go to the same secondary school for their secondary school studies though they knew not yet the school, and were also friends to Harry of Air; and the Polkisses as the Dursleys were human airmen as they were also aware of the aerowizard and aerowitch airmen.

They all flew in a single file along the aeroway amongst the other aerovehicles, and flew in an aero-traffic getting denser each and every passing second as aerovehicles seemed to emerge out of every air-lands, air-islands, air-isles, and air-islets beyond and along the aeroway, and with mostly adults on the front seats of the aerovehicles, and excited and playing adolescents and children on the rear seats. Harry of Air sat in the back of their aviocar with Dudley, and Dudleya was in-between them. He watched as they flew past the ever staggered-looking human airmen as the Dursleys and the Polkisses, and the true airmen, the aeromen as he, and the winged, feathered, winged-and-feathered and non-winged-and-non-feathered bunch of them, either flying on their own, or on and within aerovehicles, and in their human, and wizarding, and aerowizarding clothes. Numerous were they too today also as they all tripped and journeyed to several places to celebrate their children’s success — and mostly also for the aerowizards and aerowitches to watch what curiosities the humans offered of theirs and also see the concealed true aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting; and for the humans to see the ever marvels, wonders, and magic of the magical aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting world.

As they flew in the aero-traffic congestion, Harry of Air also watched the birds and flock of birds fly by their side as normal as it was in this aerowizarding, with some being the normal birds, others being the sapient and sentient magical birds having attributes and characteristics of human beings, some being messenger birds in their businesses with messages and parcels, others being aerovehicular birds carrying people and packets and other things on their backs.

As they flew, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia conferred to each other on wizarding and aerowizarding issues and things, as they usually did. They conversed, communed, and commented on all things new and novel, and occasionally asked opinions of Dudley and Dudleya, and that of Harry of Air most at times. Today they were conversing about the different types of aerovehicles they knew about, and which one should Uncle Vernon purchase for Aunt Petunia who decided it was time for her to have an aerovehicle of hers, as since she won’t have to stay at home and cater to the children who are now grown ups and second school students.

They conversed about the aerovehicles as they stared at the varieties of them as they flew all around them.

“Look Vernon.” Aunt Petunia said enthusiastically as she pointed at a small aviovehicle, and Uncle Vernon looked to where she was pointing. “Look, look at that lovely . . . aviocar. Are you seeing it?”

“Yes I can see it Petunia.” Uncle Vernon asked as he alternately flew the aviocar and examined the aviocar Aunt Petunia was immersed in.

“I see it is a nice one.” Aunt Petunia said as she sat up straight, and excited, and her eyes after the aviocar. “Look at its cute bird-shape, its beautiful wings, its sleek and shiny skin. I love it a lot. I would love to have one as exactly as that one.”

“Yes I see it.” Uncle Vernon said agreeing in a headshake. “It is a good one that aviocar, and I think it will suit you well. What do you think about it children.”

“Daddy, I will need an aviocar to ride to school.” Dudley said.

“And I too, Daddy.” Dudleya said in her soft voice.

“You shall all have one, when the time is come for you to have one.” Uncle Vernon said in a slight smile.

“And Harry also?” Dudleya asked.

“Yes, Harry also.” Uncle Vernon said. “Eh, Harry?” He called to Harry of Air.

“Yes Daddy.” Harry of Air said as he took his attention from the aerovehicles to answer his uncle who he had ever called ‘Daddy’ as he lived with them.

Harry of Air resumed his watching, as he watched as other than the aerial cars as the aerocars, aviocars, alaocars, plumocars, and volocars as theirs; there were also other many forms of flying and floating winged, feathered, winged-and-feathered, and non-winged-and-non-feathered aerial vehicles which flew along the aeroway with them. From those he saw, there were such as the aerial cycles consisting of the quadricyclic and tricyclic and bicyclic and unicyclic aerocycles, aviocycles, alaocycles, plumocycles, and volocycles with mostly children as him riding on them, and also adolescents and a few adults as well; and the aerial buses consisting of aerobuses, aviobuses, alaobuses, plumobuses, and volobuses, all transporting large numbers of aerowizards and aerowitches; as well as the aerial trains as the aerotrains, aviotrains, alaotrains, plumotrains, and volotrains, all also transporting large numbers of aerowizards and aerowitches along numerous magical, multi-winged, moving train-tracks; and also the aerial trams as the aerotrams, aviotrams, alaotrams, plumotrams, and volotrams, all also transporting large numbers of aerowizards and aerowitches along numerous magical, multi-winged, moving tram-tracks.

Harry of Air heard a huge and heavy noise above, and with Dudley and Dudleya looked out through their windshield to see the rarely-seen large aerial planes as the aeroplanes, avioplanes, alaoplanes, plumoplanes, voloplanes; and a different huge and heavy noise below them brought their stares down to see the also rarely-seen vast aerial ships as the aeroships, avioships, alaoships, plumoships, voloships. All were aerial vehicles in the respective shapes of wings-and-feathers, birds, wings, feathers, and no-wings-and-no-feathers. They saw many more other seen, rarely seen, and never seen aerovehicles.

From the loud excited chats, talks and conversations which Harry of Air could hear from the aerovehicles which flew close to them, most of what he could get was rejoicing, joyfulness and jubilation of the aerowizard and aerowitch children at succeeding at the E.E.E.E. as their parents in front were listening to them, and also talks about the aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting world, their second school studies at the best aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting school, the AeroHogwarts School of Airy and Aircraft, and Aerowizardry and Aerowitchcraft, and many more about the aerowizarding and aerowitchcrafting.

Harry of Air felt the thought of the Air Stone emerging in his mind, and quickly stopped it and shoved it aside, as he thought it would do him no good to think of it at present. He seized himself and focused on the trip and the visit to the garden and zoo.

Before the edge of town, and the vast canopy ahead, the aviocar swerved extracting itself from the traffic, as it followed the Aerons aerocar which had turned also, with behind them the others’ aero vehicles following still. The new street in which they rode had a few stationary and vast-winged airlands, which were mostly wooded and forested fields, and which had wide wingless buildings interspersed on the fields with most of them encircled by big and broad iron gates, and on the fields was seen large crowds of people and aerovehicles standing before the gates as if waiting to enter. They all rode for some time in the thick traffic street, and then Harry of Air saw first the Aerons aerocar, and then their own aviocar abruptly turned and fastly fly into another street which seemed to have instantly appeared to them. To be sure it was as so, he hurriedly turned to see the aerovehicles of their companions following them, and other aerovehicles one-by-one suddenly emerge into the street, which was thickly trafficked too, and ran in-between two air-isles. They rode for a few seconds and gradually stopped before another air-isle as the aero-road suddenly ended. Before them, Harry of Air saw was a line of aerovehicles, and they too lined up in the succeeding line, and before the lines and in the fore of the air-isle, was a particularly large two twin and two-storied buildings.

Harry of Air sat up to see past the lines, and saw that the two buildings each had vast notice boards on their tops, and on one was written, Floraerarium: the Magical Aerial Botanical Garden, and on the other was Faunaerarium: the Magical Aerial Zoological Garden.

“We have arrived, I believe so.” Uncle Vernon said in excitement.

“Yes, I think so.” Aunt Petunia agreed as she and Uncle Vernon stared to see past the line before them.

“Mummy, where is the magical garden and zoo?” Dudleya asked as she was up and struggling to see ahead also.

“We would soon be seeing them, darling.” Aunt Petunia answered assuring.

“Why have all the aerovehicles stopped, and what are we waiting?” Dudley queried.

“What are we waiting to enter the buildings?” Harry of Air asked also.

“Don’t know.” Uncle Vernon supposed. “Maybe some magic is to make us all proceed forth and enter?”

Just as Uncle Vernon said, their aviocar suddenly slowly started as its wings stretched inward and outward, upward and downward, and flapped as it rose up in the air, same as all the lined aerovehicles simultaneously rose up all as one in the air.

This alerted them all, as Uncle Vernon had not spoken to the aviocar to start. Dudleya, Dudley, Aunt Petunia, and Harry of Air stared at the steering wheel on which Uncle Vernon’s hands were still on to see if he wasn’t starting the aviocar.

“Vernon, it isn’t you for sure, isn’t it?” Aunt Petunia asked as she stared at Uncle Vernon and his hands still holding the steering wheel.

“It isn’t I Petunia.” Uncle Vernon blurted as he took off his hands from the steering wheel, and the aviocar continued rising in concurrence to the other aerovehicles as if they were all controlled and coordinated to act so by an invisible entity.

“Do you think it might be some magic making them move all alike?” Aunt Petunia asked slightly thrilled.

“I think so.” Uncle Vernon said as he and Aunt Petunia straightened up to see all the aerovehicles fly in the same manner, and Dudley, Dudleya, and Harry of Air also rose up from their seats to watch this, as they saw the other peoples in their aerovehicles did same.

Then after some seconds of flying in which they all watched, all the aerovehicles stopped at the same time, and immediately a smacking sound was heard just as the Dursleys and Harry of Air felt the aviocar leap up in a soar in a second — and which was same for all aerovehicles, and in the succeeding second they felt the aviocar leap down in a swoop as all the aerovehicles did same, and in the successive second, they all saw the aviocar standing parked on a parking lot with all the other aerovehicles, and all still in the same linear position.

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia were once more enthralled by this as they exchanged awed glances.

Then people started coming out of their aerovehicles as the Dursleys and Harry of Air, the Polkisses, the Aerons, the Avibiens, the Alawins, the Voloflys, the Plumafeas, the Mavions, and the Aminons, proceeded forth also.

All moving, flowing, floating and flying out of the spot as a crowd of families and friends and fellows, they emerged out into a very sunny courtyard which spanned the topmost floor of the twin buildings, and beyond the buildings were air-archipelagos of air-isles and air-islets which served as the botanical gardens and zoological gardens.

The Dursleys and Harry of Air, and the others all walked to the entrances on the edge of the buildings as everyone else, and there the parents bought large chocolate ice creams to the excited children.

Entering the oval entries, they then emerged before crisscrossing bridges which they crossed and reached the first of the air-isles and air-islets of the air-archipelagos. They then decided to first visit the Floraerarium, and so had emerged into little air-isles and air-islets full of bright and beautiful plant gardens.

Walking from one garden and glassed-garden to the other, and accompanied by a flora-guide, and while licking on their ice creams, Harry of Air, Dudley and Dudleya, Piers and Piersa, Eron and Erona, Avicien and Avicienne, Alain and Alaina, Volorin and Volorina, Plu and Plume, Mavin and Mavina, and Amin and Amina, all walking together, and with other children, and apart from their parents, walked, listened, examined and commented on the various magical plants and flowers and flora they saw.

“AeroVervain or AeroVerbena, also known as the Aerowizard’s herb or Aerowitch’s herb, is an aeromagical plant that has a long history of magical use.” The flora-guide told them of a plant they observed.

Harry of Air saw the plant as one with a height of 10 to 50 feet, and leaves spanning up to 30 inches, and having delicate blue flower clusters and serrated leaves, with various varieties all grown as garden-bordering plants. Grown in their own gardens, they were kept in full sun with partial shade and well-drained soil, and complete fertilizer.

Harry of Air also remembered it being mentioned in folklore, tales, and stories surrounding magical spells and potions.

“A seemingly innocuous herb, it is one of the plants that appears most frequently in potion ingredients and spells, and is a fantastic companion plant when used in spells with other herbs, and it also enhances the aeromagical properties of other objects.” The flora-guide continued.

“Due to its reputation as a beneficent herb, it is often used by aerowizards and aerowitches for home protection and protection against dangers including lightning strikes, evil spirits and vampires. It’s also a hardy plant that looks great in garden borders with its delicate clusters of flowers and serrated leaves …”

And they walked on while mostly listening.

“AeroHenbane, also known as the aerowizard’s drug or aerowitch’s drug, is a plant that is associated with aeromagic, and an aeromagical plant containing aeromagical properties which made into potions can cause powerful hallucinations, and make you see and experience interesting and terrifying things.”

Harry of Air saw it as a plant looking rather spooky with its green, cream, or dark yellow petals and black centre, and a height of 5 to 10 feet, and boasting showy funnel-shaped flowers. Grown in their gardens, they were kept in full sunlight with well-drained soil.

“It is a plant that blooms at night. It has a long history as a poison, medicinal and ritualistic plant. It helps perfect flight, a reason it is the key ingredient in non-winged and non-feathered aerowizards and aerowitches ointment, though it can be lethal in large doses. Some varieties are however noxious weed, and children and pets should be kept away from them. The plant emits a foul smell which helps repel many pests and predators, and hence could be planted close to the borders . . .”

“AeroDatura, also known as devil’s snare, thornapple, hell's bells, devil's trumpet, devil's weed, stinkweed, locoweed, Beelzebub’s twinkie, and devil's cucumber, are its names indicative of its trouble-making reputation, though the plant’s not all bad as its beneficial properties have proved useful for pain relief.”

Harry of Air saw it as a plant with pretty pinwheel-shaped flowers and large, edgy leaves, reaching up to 20 feet in length and boasting fragrant white, yellow, purple, or lavender blossoms. Grown in their gardens, they were kept in full sun and well-drained, humus-rich soil.

“It is a plant used for magical, ceremonial and medicinal purposes, and like aero-henbane, aero-datura has hallucinogenic effects when absorbed through the skin as a potion, causing those who use it to embark on spiritual journeys or enter a trance. It should be kept away from pets and children.”

“Though it is used safely by experienced aerowizards and aerowitches for beneficent purposes, it is also employed for more nefarious purposes, such as being used to reduce unwilling imbibers into a zombie-like state . . .”

“AeroWolfsbane or AeroAconitum, also known as AeroMonkshood, is a plant associated with the supernatural and holding many supernatural abilities.”

Harry of Air saw it as a plant with a height of 5 to 15 meters and boasting purple flowers in the shape of helmets. Grown in their gardens, they were kept in part shade condition with full sunlight, either east or west-facing.

“It is a toxic plant from which poison has been made to coat wands and woots, hands and foot, branches and roots, and swords and arrows in battle, execute criminals, commit murder, and used in many spells and rituals. Magical uses for the plant include wrapping its seeds in lizard’s skin and carrying them to become invisible, warding off werewolves and vampires, and shapeshifting into animals.”

“When using aerowolfsbane in magic-making, or either adding some deep purple to your garden, always wear gloves, as gardeners have died from handling the plant. It is also often grown to keep pests and predators away . . .”

“AeroArtemisia is an ancient magical herb. It has a rich history of use in magic, ritual and medicine across its range, and eating it raw can cause hallucinations.”

Harry of Air saw it as a plant with silvery-green foliage and its aroma could be smelled throughout its gardens. Grown in their gardens, they were planted open to the full sun and well-drained soil.

“Its magical use include luring love, cleansing, protection from accidents and evil spirits, and divination. Some varieties contain magical properties that can bring on visions and dreams . . .”

“AeroMandrake is an aeromagical plant whose roots resemble human limbs giving it an impression of a live being, and the large taproots grow up to twenty feet underground.”

Harry of Air saw and confirmed them as plants with small stems and leaves.

“Its root has magical powers, and the plant loves deep, rich soil with well-draining quality and full sun around the year . . .”

“AeroLithops or Aero-Living Stone are aeromagical plants with aeromagical powers, which grow in stones with hidden and invisible root systems and blend perfectly with the surroundings ─ to avoid being eaten ─ that it becomes difficult to notice them, though when grown as a houseplant will add decor.”

Harry of Air saw them as plants resembling rocks and stones, and sprouting showy white flowers. Grown in their gardens, they were planted in well-drained substrate which were well-watered, and were planted in a warm area with full or partial sunlight to witness healthy plant with white blossoms.

“It is a tiny succulent with a unique defence mechanism, and its stony resemblance is also its defence mechanism . . .”

“AeroShame Plant is also known as the “Touch-me-not” plant, as it is sensitive in nature. They are aeromagical plants with aeromagical powers, which respond to sensitivity by folding their leaves and bowing down. The leaves are often used in herbal magic.”

Harry of Air saw the plant grow densely prickly and having a height of 8 m, and boasting prickly petioles with pale pink or purple flower heads. Grown in their gardens, they were planted in the east-facing, and with the well-draining substrate moist but wet.

“It is a sleepy plant that closes during darkness and reopens in light . . .”

“AeroVenus Flytrap is one of the most renowned aeromagical plants. They are aeromagical plants with aeromagical powers, and are smart as they attract insects, trap them and gobble them down.”

Harry of Air saw the plant blossoming with beautiful white flowers, and featuring two leaves acting as lobs and helping in trapping its prey for food. Grown in their gardens, they were planted in acidic soil full of moisture, and open to full sun and humidity to ensure healthy growth. The soil was amended with organic mulch, such as mealworms.

“The carnivore plant traps its prey inside its two hinged lobes and digests them slowly, giving them a wrong impression. The plant keeps its lobes open for prey to enter. Once inside, it closes the lobes and begins digesting, which may take around ten days.”

“Some aerowizards and aerowitches also use this plant to attract growth and prosperity . . .”

“AeroTillandsia are uniquely cute plants with an amazing ability to survive without soil and can also be found growing on rocks. They are aeromagical plants with aeromagical powers, which take the nutrients and water using the scales present on their leaves to grow healthy.”

Harry of Air saw the plant with sharp thorns growing on pebbles and stones, and growing up to 10 to 18 inches in circumference. Grown in their gardens, they were planted in full-sunlight and partial shade.

“It doesn’t need water, nor requires soil medium or substrate to grow. Care to plant them on small rocks, pebbles, and water once per week to keep them thriving. The magical beauty of the plant doesn’t end there as they can also use the power of their roots to cling to other trees.”

“They also make excellent houseplants and grow pretty well in small pots . . .”

“AeroDeadly Nightshade, commonly known as AeroBelladonna, is a poisonous plant that contains lethal substances which can impair your nervous system. They are aeromagical plants with aeromagical powers, whose berries when consumed can make you go unconscious, and if taken in excess quantity can even kill you. It is also a plant with multiple uses.”

Harry of Air saw them with bell-shaped blooms, and glossy, poisonous jet-black berries, reaching about 15 to 20 feet tall. They were grown in their gardens in moist, organic soil with full sunlight and warm temperature.

“It is favoured by non-winged and non-feathered aerowizards and aerowitches when brewing their flying ointment. Ensure always to handle it with care, as it is toxic to humans and pets, and should be grown in places without access to children or pets . . .”

“AeroYarrow, also referred to as ‘healer’s healer,’ is used to treat, cure, and heal many magical maladies and injuries.”

Harry of Air saw this plant with blooming flat-topped clusters of white flowers, and up to 15 feet tall, with leaves reaching 15 to 25 inches long. They were grown in their gardens in well-drained soil and full sunlight.

“In a magical sense, it brings courage to anyone who carries it. Many aerowizards and aerowitches hang a bundle of the plant over their entryway to promote bold and brave days as well as protection, and some carry the plant with them in battles and duels to help heal wounds . . .”

And so on, and on, did the flora-guide walked from one garden and glassed-garden to the other, with Harry of Air and the other children and a few adults following behind, and with the flora-guide pointing, cutting, and showing leaves to them as many more magical plants were visited and seen. All the plants were similar in that they had small wings — the winglets, which wove vibrantly and much more when they were touched — and which excited the children and brought them to touch those of the harmless plants which they were permitted to do so.

Harry of Air, all the while, also heard faint whispers and whistles from the plants as if they were calling him or telling him something, and this brought also faint thoughts about the Air Stone, but he dismissed the whispers and whistles as the plants’ magical manners.

Harry of Air had the best morning he’d had in a long time with his companions. They all walked close together as they were led along the Floraerarium. When they started getting bored with the plants, it was thankfully lunchtime and the touring was ended, and the parents came and collected their children whom they brought to the Floraerarium’s restaurant, and they were fed and given ice cream as last course.

After lunch they took to the Faunaerarium, and emerged into its little air-isles and air-islets full of bright and beautiful animal abodes.

Walking from one open-abode and closed-abode to the other, and accompanied by a fauna-guide, Harry of Air, Dudley and Dudleya, Piers and Piersa, Eron and Erona, Avicien and Avicienne, Alain and Alaina, Volorin and Volorina, Plu and Plume, Mavin and Mavina, and Amin and Amina, again all walking together, and again with other children, and again apart from their parents, walked, listened, looked at, touched and commented on the various flying magical animals and beasts and fauna they saw.

Following the fauna-guide, they flew first up a little hill and landed before a small cavern in the side of the hill. The cavern’s front was barred by iron gates, and within the cavern were a sort of lion-eagle hybrid creatures.

“The griffin, griffon, gryphon, gryps, or grypes, an aeromagical beast with the body, tail, and back legs of a lion; the head and wings of an eagle; and some with an eagle’s talons as their front feet, and others with a lion’s.” The fauna-guide said as Harry of Air and the other children pressed against the gates to watch the creatures who lay upon silver and golden possessions as if guarding them.

“As the lion is considered the king of the beasts, and the eagle the king of the birds, the griffin is believed to be an especially powerful and majestic beast. They are guardians of secretly buried wealth, and beneath them are treasures and priceless possessions they are guarding, and of which it is forbidden to attempt to take away or seize from them. They are also symbols of strength and valour.”

Harry of Air saw them as fierce, ferocious, and frightful creatures in their packs, with eagle heads having prominent ears — some of them had lion-like ears, some others’ were elongated — more like horses’, and some were feathered, and with wings, and on their bird-like or lion-like forelegs and talons, and lion’s hindquarters. Some were without wings, some were wingless eagle-headed lions — “alkes, keythongs or male griffins” as the fauna-guide told the children they were called so; and some of them had the body and four legs of a lion, the head, neck and wings of an eagle, and a camel’s short tail — “opinicuses, or epimacus” the fauna-guide told the children, and some of them were wingless. The caverns looked like they stretched backward deep and deeper.

They flew a little up the hill and swooped down before another small cavern in its side. The cavern’s front was similarly barred by iron gates, and within the cavern were a sort of lion-eagle-horse hybrid creatures.

“The hippogriff, or hippogryph, an aeromagical beast with the front half of an eagle and the hind half of a horse.” The fauna-guide said. “The hippogriff is a steed originally born of a mare and a male griffin, or after by couples of hippogriffs. It is extremely fast and is able to fly around the whole wide world and to other worlds. It is one of the most preferred beasts for ride by aeromagicians, aerowizards and aerowitches.”

Harry of Air saw the wide-winged beasts with the head, wings, and front body and front legs of an eagle, and the hind legs and tail of a horse. Some had the head of an eagle, body of a lion, and back of a horse.

They then flew again a little up the hill and swooped down before an opened and white-walled stable. The stable contained a sort of whitish eagle-horse hybrid creatures. The fauna-guide entered the stable and Harry of Air and the other children hurried after him eager to be closer to the creatures.

“Pegasuses are winged stallions, who are pure white in colour as you can see them. They are aerowizarding beasts, who humans’ myths and mythologies have them erroneously believe a pegasus was sired by Poseidon, in his role as horse-god, and foaled by the Gorgon Medusa, and brother of Chrysaor and father of winged horses.”

Harry of Air saw them as horses with the wings of birds. He and the others approached and touched the beasts around their heads and mouths as the fauna-guide did same and encouraged them.

They after flew to a rather dark and cold side of the hill and swooped down before a small lair on a little plateau. The lair’s front was barred by black polished iron gates, and its inside was black walls, and within it were some sort of chicken-reptile hybrid creatures, whose eyes and mouths seemed bounded by pieces of clothes.

“What we have here are the cockatrices, which are two-legged dragons, wyverns, or serpent-like beasts with roosters’ heads. The cockatrice kills people by either looking at them — the death-darting eye of Cockatrice as it is said — touching them, or sometimes breathing on them. The weasel is the only animal that is known to be immune to the glance of a cockatrice. The cockatrice can die instantly upon hearing a rooster’s crow, and also, having a cockatrice look at itself in a mirror is one of the few sure-fire ways to kill it.”

The fauna-guide did not let the children go closer to the gates, as he stood before them to prevent anyone of them moving nearer to the lair, and Harry of Air eyeing ahead, thought he saw some noxious creatures with the head of roosters, barbed tongues, and tails of snakes.

From the cockatrices lair, they flew to another darkish and cold side of the hill and swooped down before another little lair. This one’s front was similarly barred, but with brown polished iron gates, its inside also brown walls, and within it some sort of reptilian hybrid creatures.

“The wyverns, or wiverns, they are, and magical winged dragons that have two legs and two wings, that differentiate them from the true dragons’ four. They are not also fire-breathing, unlike four-legged dragons.”

The fauna-guide did not again let the children go closer to the gates, as he stood before them. Harry of Air eyeing ahead again, believed he saw two-legged dragon-like creatures, their difference being from dragons in that dragons had four legs. They rested upon their legs and tails, while some had their claws in the air and only supported by their tail. Some were wingless and with their tail knotted.

From the wyverns lair, they flew to a nearby floating air-archipelago of air-islets, where flew human-bird hybrid creatures, who flew all around in a wildly wind all over the air-islets. The fauna-guide quietly flew them to one air-islet which contained a glassed shelter in which they quickly and quietly entered, and the doors were closed after them. From within there, they stared at the creatures in the speed of their wings keeping pace with the blowing winds, and birds in flight, as they soared and swooped, high aloft.

“Flying there are harpies, or the harpyiai, and a harpy is a half-human and half-bird, who are as storm winds, and they represent the destructive nature of the wind. As you can all see, they are birds with the heads of maidens, their faces as you can see them are as ever pale with hunger, and you can see the long claws on their hands.”

Harry of Air saw them as half-bird and half-woman creatures with the head, arms, torso and upper body of a woman, and the talons, tail and wings (mixed with the arms) and lower body of a bird. They were mostly women with bird legs, and he saw most of them ugly, while others were beautiful women with wings. Some he saw as human-vultures, others were fair-locked and winged maidens; and they all flew as fast as the wind.

“Their name means snatchers or swift robbers, and they steal food from their victims while they are eating and carry off evildoers — especially those who have killed their families, to the Erinyes who we shall next see. They thus act for themselves as some sort of agents of punishment who abduct people and torture. They are vicious, cruel, and violent, and should be fled from.”

They were after let out of the glassed shelter, and flew to another nearby floating air-archipelago of air-islets, where flew another race of human-bird hybrid creatures, who also all flew all around and all over the air-islets. The fauna-guide quietly flew them again to one air-islet which contained also a glassed shelter in which they quickly and quietly entered, and the doors were closed after them. From within there, they stared at the creatures, as they soared and swooped, guided by three leaders of theirs.

“The Erinyes, or the Furies, or the Eumenides, are female beasts of vengeance and justice. They are known to take vengeance on men, whosoever hath sworn a false oath. They are considered as an embodiment of the act of self-cursing contained in the oath. They are called Eumenides in hell, Furiae on Earth, and Dirae in heaven. They are led by the Three — Alecto or Alekto who is known for endless anger, Megaera who is known for jealous rage, and Tisiphone or Tilphousia who is known for vengeful destruction. Their victims die in torment.”

Harry of Air saw a few them as maidens, and saw the majority as vile-looking as crones, having snakes for hair, dog’s heads, coal black bodies, bat’s wings, blood-shot eyes, and some carried in their hands brass-studded scourges.

The fauna-guide then took them out of the glassed shelter, and flew them to another nearby floating air-archipelago of air-islets, where flew a race of human-lion-bird hybrid creatures, who crouched down before the entries of temple-like buildings standing on the air-islets. The fauna-guide quietly flew them to one air-islet void of a building, and there they stood and stared at the creatures, as they squatted sentinel before the entries, and intensively stared at they the newcomers.

“Sphinxes, or sphinges, are magical beasts with the heads of humans, the bodies of lions, and the wings of falcons. The women are treacherous and merciless, and will kill and eat those who cannot answer their riddle; while the men, the androsphinxes, are benevolent but have a ferocious strength similar to the women; and are guardians and often flank the entrances to temples, asking riddles to travellers to allow them passage.”

Harry of Air saw most of the sphinxes with the head of women, the haunches of lions, and the wings of birds; and saw the few ones as men. Some had bird wings, while a few of them were wingless.

“Sphinxes have a long history of secrecy and intrigue, and are guardians of knowledge, speaking in riddles. Though beautiful and alluring, they are also dangerous and even deadly. Encountering a sphinx is mostly confusing and destructive and requires great caution when approaching.”

From the sphinxes air-archipelago, they were flown to a faraway static air-isle, which was dense of trees — tress with golden-and-green trunk and torso, and golden-and-green boughs and branches and roots and leaves; and on whose upper boughs and branches were seated golden-and-green nests trimmed with colourful plumage, and in which soared out and swooped in, and all about and all around, look-alike birds of all sorts of colours. The fauna-guide flew them at the edge of the air-islet, and there they stood and stared at the brightly birds, as they flew up around in a show of colours, unconcerned by their arrival.

“Phoenixes are magical immortal birds who cyclically regenerate or are otherwise born again. They obtain new life by rising from the ashes of their predecessor. While some die in a show of flames and combustion, others simply die and decompose before being born again. Their origin is believed to be from the sun, and they symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, time, the Empire, metempsychosis, consecration, resurrection, life in the heavenly, and many more aspects of magical life.”

Harry of Air saw them as endowed with haloes, nimbuses mostly having seven rays, having crests of feathers on their heads, and some looking like roosters. Many had multiple colours with brightly coloured plumage as all looked like a rainbow, in their colourful, and vibrancy, and colouration. Some had peacock-like colouring, others were golden or golden-red, many were red and yellow coloured, others had red legs and striking yellow eyes, and others had eyes which were blue like sapphires, and others had legs which were covered in yellow-gold scales with rose-coloured talons. Harry of Air believed that their colour should make them stand out from all other birds. He also saw their sizes, with some as similar to that of eagles, and others more larger, and a few even larger than an ostrich.

They were then taken to a nearby static swampy air-isle on which grew trees — green trees this time, on whose upper boughs and branches, and upper roots were seated grey metallic nests. The fauna-guide flew them again at the edge of the air-isle, and there they stood and stared at the metallic birds, as they violently flew up around, and were also unconcerned by their arrival.

“Stymphalian birds are magical, metallic and voracious birds. They are man-eating birds with beaks of bronze, and sharp metallic feathers they can launch at their victims, and poisonous dung. They fly only against those who come to hunt them, swarm over their countryside at them, destroy their crops, fruit trees, animals and pets, and the townspeople, and wound and kill them with their beaks; and all armours of bronze or iron that men wear is pierced by the birds; but if they weave a garment of thick cork, the beaks of the birds get caught in the cork garment, just as the wings of small birds stick in bird-lime.”

Harry of Air saw the birds as having the size of a crane, and like the ibis, but their beaks more powerful, and not crooked like that of the ibis.

They then flew to another static air-isle scarce of trees, and with thunder and lightning bolts lightly brewing on its surface. The fauna-guide flew them still at the edge of the air-isle, told them not to dare go further or their approach shall be seen as a threat by the birds there who mildly flapped their wings and flashed their eyes. They thus stood there at the edge and stared at the birds, as they flapped and flapped their wings, flashed and flashed their eyes, as they all flew up around, and occasionally stared at them all the while assessing them.

“Thunderbirds are giant magical beasts of power and strength.” The fauna-guide told them as he shifted and shifted them to the brink of the air-isle as the thunderbirds flapped and flashed aggressively. “They create thunder by flapping their wings, and lightning by flashing their eyes. The thunder and lightning bolts they create are casted at all approaching and going after them.”

Harry of Air saw the thunderbirds as spread-eagled birds — wings horizontal head, but also with the head facing forward, thus presenting an X-shaped appearance overall.

They then flew to another static air-isle full of mounds and mini mountains surrounded by marshes. The fauna-guide flew them once more at the edge of the air-isle, and told them not to adventure further or their approach shall bring the hostile birds present at them. They thus stood there, and stared at the birds as they watched them, hovering in the air, flying out and in of the mounds and mountains, and tearing violently at prey they caught.

“Rocs are enormous, gigantic and gargantuan magical birds of prey as you can see them.”

Harry of Air saw some of them flying through the air and carrying and bringing back cockatrices, griffins, hippogriffs, pegasuses, and many more massive creatures which they caught in their hunts.

They were next flown to a moving air-isle full of trees. The fauna-guide pleasantly flew them above the air-isle as he spoke. “Shahbazes are another sort of giant magical birds.” He amiably told them as he encouraged them to proceed forth after him to the birds who flew at them at once, and gently and gracefully landed on the stretched fauna-guide’s palm. Harry of Air opened his palm too and a shahbaz softly landed on it, and he felt its talons lightly, softly and sweetly graze at his palm, and he lightly laughed at the sensation. The other children also stretched forth their hands, and soon shahbazes could be seen on hands and heads. “Shahbazes are kind, warm, loving, helpful, strong and protective birds. They help all peoples and guide them to whatever places and lands they will venture to. They are also royal birds used by wizarding and witchcrafting royalties and royal houses, who keep them amongst their royal households along other birds of prey. Their symbol represents both strength and aggressiveness.”

Though giant, Harry of Air lightly felt the shahbaz weight on his hand, and saw them as having bodies similar to eagles, and being bigger in size than hawks or falcons.

The children jovially caressed and cherished the birds which returned the affection.

When it was time to leave, it was difficult for the fauna-guide to part the children from the shahbazes, and much more difficult for him to stop them from taking away one with them as it was against the rules of the Faunaerarium.

To console the aggrieved children, the fauna-guide promised them that their next visit shall be to a fairyland, and he flew them from the moving air-isle, to another moving air-isle, of which from faraway as they flew towards it, saw it illuminated, shiny, shimmery, sparky, sparkly, and animated wide winged and wingless beings of so many sorts of shapes and sizes flew all over its gardens, and woods, and forests which equally scintillated and oozed of magic, and aerowizardry and aerowitchcraft.

“The land of Fairy, or the Land of Faes, and its inhabitants, the fairies, fays, faes, feys, fair folks, or faeries, as they are numerously called, are a type of enchanted magical beings nursing, nurturing and nourishing on nature, that are half-human and half-spirit, and have magical powers, and a penchant for beneficial trickery. Almost all are beneficent and benevolent in their intercourse with mortals, while a few are malevolent and maleficent. They also commonly appear on earth at intervals — where they leave traces of their visits, in beautiful green-rings, where the dewy sward had been trodden in their moonlight dances.” The fauna-guide spoke as they flew into the air-isle, and the children were all rapt with wonder, ecstatic, elated, euphoric, excited, enthused, and all joyful and joyous as the shahbazes were quickly forgotten, and the fauna-guide stared at them cheerful and knowing.

Harry of Air saw them in their multitudes beautiful, lively, as human in appearance, and a very few as goblin-like and gnome-like in appearance, and all ranging from quite a tiny size to the size of a human. He however was caught by seeing some of the large ones assuming small sizes, rather than constant, and saw some smaller fairies expand their figures to imitate humans. Some were short in stature, dressed in dark grey, and seen in armour. Some had green eyes. Some had footwear, others were barefooted. Some had wings — mostly delicate dragonfly or butterfly wings, and others were wingless, and he saw many fly by means of magical wand wave, woot wave, or spell speak, or sometimes perched on ragwort stems or the backs of birds.

The fairish flew all about and all around as a bee buzz. With their wands held in hands and woots held in feet, Harry of Air watched them shooting, shooing, and shoving enchanted and magical starry and sparkly spells, as they engaged in their various fairish tasks and activities. Some of the spells reached Harry of Air, and an illusion and enchantment it was, as it made him feel euphoric and elated, and also all the children felt same as they were touched by the sparkly starry.

Some of the fairies seemed to be spirits of weather, as they took on the shape of whirlwinds, winds, storms, rain, lightning, sunshine; with some riding on storms, some creating good weather enchantments, some creating lightning and thunder; others raising storms to ride on the wind and others becoming violent whirlwinds. Some became air spirits controlling the weather.

Then Harry of Air saw a particular dragonfly fairy fly at him and stop before him and speak in acknowledgement, “Harry of Air!”

She then flew upwards, spun and spiralled all around him, and serenaded a sweet song at him as wand in hand and woot in feet spilled stars and sparks, and her singing was “Harry Potter Air! Harry Potter Airan! Harry Potter of Air! Harry Potter of the Air! The Winged Harry Potter! The Flying Harry Potter!”, and as she sang and sang, Harry of Air felt fuzzy and fuzzier, dizzy and dizzier, and forgetful, and felt a time as if he was flown away to somewhere else.

Then Harry of Air knowing not when it all ended, and doubting he could recall when it all started, felt himself recovering as he laid on a white, thin and brittle glassy leaf. Standing before him was the fauna-guide smiling at him, and who stretched his hand at Harry of Air, and he took it, and he held to it as he rose up.

“Here we are in another moving air-isle, an air-isle in which we cannot go to, but which rather chooses us and takes us to it.” The fauna-guide said.

Harry of Air feeling slightly blurry, stared all about the place, and what he saw was a white, glassy wood.

“And a rather rare thing it is, for this land, and its people, are rarely accommodating of the “visibles” as I and you as they name us, and rarely still do they take me to their land in my tours, which is always thus.”

Harry of Air then saw suddenly becoming slightly visible some white-winged and white-skinned beings, whose whiteness was close to clearness and colourless, and transparency and translucency, and who seemed glassy or glassed, and who simply stared at them as they shifted and stood in small semi-circles.

“We are in the otherworldly land of Jinns, or djinns, or genies, who are these people, and who are magical beings believed to be bird-winged, half-human and half-spirit, that are generally and naturally invisible to us. As you and I see them as they are, some others who claimed to have had them appear or apparate to them also agree that they are bird-human-ghost breeds who are glass-like in their semi-translucency, or semi-transparency, as the two of us can see and witness. Others consent that they saw them composed of thin and subtle bodies, they could change at will, and favoured the form of birds, bats, and also appeared as hippogriffs, griffins, cockatrices, pegasuses, or as humans, or as other flying magical beasts.”

“They choose the “visible” to whom they will appear, though a defined criteria is not known of who or whom is suitable for them to appear to — though it is thought they appear to those who strongly believe in them; and those to who or whom they have shown themselves to — and not known whether they told it truth or false, have never been able to tell why they were chosen to be seen by them. However, they have chosen me with you this time, though you neither knew them nor believed in them, and you can make your own opinion of who and what they are.”

Harry of Air stood staring at the jinns, who simply stared back too.

“The fairy that brought us here, I believe, was a genie in disguise, as it has always been the case in the rare times I had been taken to here. We are in their realm, and as you can see, we can see those of our realm, but these ones cannot see us.”

And Harry of Air saw that it was true, for as he looked more closely, he could see the grey, faded and waned shapes and shadows of Dudley and Dudleya, his companions, and the other children, and also of the greyer ones of the fairies, and all flew together jovial and jubilant.

“Some say the jinns agree like humans, are accountable for their deeds, and can be either believers or unbelievers; depending on whether they accept the said deity or divinity’s guidance, and are also believed to be neither innately evil nor innately good. The jinns are mostly believed to be parallel to humans and subject to a deity or divinity’s judgment and afterlife, though some believe of an affinity between the jinn and deities and divinities. Some aerowizards and aerowitches themselves worship the jinn, or seek protection from them.”

“Some jinns might even engage in sexual affairs with humans, aerowizards and aerowitches and produce offspring. It is believed that if they get hurt by someone, they usually seek out revenge or possess the assailant’s body, calling for an exorcism. Usually, they are also believed to not interfere with aerowizards and aerowitches, but live in their own societies structured as tribes and tribal systems.”

“Some jinns appear on charms and talismans, and some aerowizards and aerowitches call upon them for protection or aid, often under the leadership of a king or queen. Many aerowizards and aerowitches who believe in jinn wear amulets to protect themselves against the assaults of jinns, sent out by other malevolent aerowizards and and aerowitches and aerosorcerers and aerosorceresses. A common belief holds that jinns could not hurt someone who wears something with the name of a deity or divinity written upon it.”

“Most jinns who choose the “visible” to whom they will appear to, or show themselves to, almost do so for a reason.”

As the fauna-guide spoke this, a chief jinni detached from one of the semi-circles and flew at Harry of Air, placed a cold, clear, white finger on his forehead, and spoke to him in a cold and clear voice, “Harry Potter Air! Harry Potter Airan! Harry Potter of Air! Harry Potter of the Air! The Winged Harry Potter! The Flying Harry Potter! Taking you, shall I take you to They as they have summoned you to see you.”

Harry of Air felt himself fuzzy and forgetful again as he felt himself flown away again to somewhere else.

And then it ended as it started, and Harry of Air saw himself standing on a hilltop somewhere where near the sky in another strange land full of mounds and mountains, and an early morning it was and he felt a cold, little wind on his skin and in his hair. The fauna-guide stood by his side smiling and acknowledging to him, and there was no and none of the jinns present here too. He then thought of the words of the jinn and wondered who were these “They” that had summoned him to see him.

“I see there should be something special in you, for the most magical mysterious creatures of air to want to see you and show themselves to you, and to you only.” The fauna-guide as he stared examiningly at Harry of Air. “Seeing us, and showing themselves to us, is something they very rarely do.”

“Might be there should be something special in me.” Harry of Air simply said and smiled, and thought if the fauna-guide just knew who he really was.

“Welcome to the world of sylphs, who are spirits of the air, elementals of the air, flower fairies, spirit guides; and whose world is the element of air, and not the natural atmosphere of our earth, but the magical, invisible, intangible, spiritual medium — a magical and ethereal substance similar in composition to our atmosphere, but far more subtle.” The fauna-guide said. “Sylphs are spirits living in or composed entirely of the element of air, who live hundreds of years, often attaining to a thousand years and never seeming to grow old. The female sylphs are called sylphides. Like fairies, they are kindly disposed towards humankind — though they can at times be mischievous . . . blowing things about . . . rustling through your hair . . . making sounds that distract you. They also tend to be attracted to those who are quick thinking and quick moving.”

Harry of Air heard it also said by many voices he heard on the wind, and also felt airy forms passing, which were slightly seen. Slightly seeing them, he saw some of them as flashes from the corner of his eye, and saw some others without doubt as the most beautiful of beings. They were almost transparent, very small, and large winged; and also as tall, butterfly-like, moth-like, in pastel colours, with long feathered wings, large, hawk-like eyes, and angular faces. Some looked like fairies or cherubs or elves. Some looked like clouds. Others looked like tall thin humans, but with large wings. Others could be mistaken for angels or vice – versa. Some of the sylphs assumed human form, but did this for only short periods of time. With varying sizes, in the majority of cases they were no larger than human beings and often considerably smaller.

Harry of Air also saw them soaring through the sky, hiding in clouds while being invisible to the eye of mortals, riding the airwaves, flying and living atop the highest of mounds and mountains peaks and tops which were their true homes, and also among the clouds and in the surrounding air, and only occasionally landing to take the form of humans, sometimes leaving circles in the grass where they had been dancing. Their temperament was mirthful, changeable, and eccentric.

“Truly, they have no fixed domicile, but wander about from place to place — elemental nomads, invisible but ever-present powers in the intelligent activity of the universe. Their connection with the air is said to inspire humans, endowing them with things such as creativity which has often led to the greatest of inventions. The peculiar qualities common to men of genius are supposedly the result of the cooperation of sylphs, whose aid also brings with it the sylphic inconsistency. Whilst their kind, caring whispers can be heard in the wind do not underestimate the power of a sylph, they can produce storms instantly, blowing ships off course and destroying buildings. They purify the air, and also the mental plane. They can soar above the Earth at will and travel great distances.”

“Sylphs’ labours include that of modelling the snowflakes and gathering clouds. The winds are their particular vehicle. They are able to spread news, inspire art, give breath to all living creatures and even cause mischief amongst us earthlings. When they are not causing miscommunications, being busy bodies or playing tricks, sylphs act as protectors of women, occult secrets and the environment — safeguarding us all from destruction. While sylphs are amazingly intelligent, they also have a childlike sense of wonder, allowing them to gain insight and act with diplomacy. Their only downfall is that they have mortal souls, only gaining immortality by marrying a human. Sylphs have also accepted human beings into their communities and have permitted them to live with them for considerable periods, but of course it doesn’t occur while the human stranger is in his physical body.”

The sylphs all as one flew and flew, and flew high to the mounds and mounts’ peaks and plunged in them, and after seconds emerged out again as one.

“See there, can you see it?” The fauna-guide pointed to somewhere in the horizon. “See that formidable sight of sylphs.”

Harry of Air followed the pointing finger to see, and after a few seconds saw, and spoke, “yes I can see. I see it too.”

Harry of Air enthralled in what he saw, saw in the morning mists as he looked up at the sky, and just as the sun was rising, caught glimpses of a misty shadowy shape of hazy blue darting through the clouds on the edge of the wind.

“That shadowy shape that you see there is Paralda, and his Kingdom is all around us — the Kingdom of Air, for he is Lord of the Element Air and the Elemental King of Air, leader of the sylphs, and he dwells on the highest mountain, and resides under the jurisdiction of the Archangel Raphael, his Master, the Guardian of the Air, that you can see there too, along with Ariel, another King of Air.” The fauna-guide said. “Whenever Raphael is called upon for protection, Paralda is seen rising up beside him, ready to do his bidding, and together they direct and control the movement of Air and the thought patterns around the earth.”

Harry of Air saw this happen, and saw the Mighty King swoop through the skies on gossamer wings, his billowing hair streaked with sunlight, and shaded with the grey whiteness of the clouds that surrounded him. His eyes were silver, slanted moonbeams, darting and alert.

“The tenuous shape of his body belies his strength for, although he can seem as gentle as the touch of spring upon your cheek, his power is as wild and unpredictable as a howling east wind. With just one glance, he can capture the secrets of our innermost thoughts in the fleeting moment of his penetrating stare.”

Paralda spoke, and Harry of Air hearing and not understanding a word of it, heard his voice, and it recalled in his mind the rushing sound of brief summer gales, and light autumn breezes.

“It is by the breath of Paralda’s commands that he brings the air elemental beings, the sylphs of his kingdom, under his control.”

Harry of Air also saw this happen, and saw the swift and graceful sylphs flock to surround him, their silvery elf-like form ethereal and indefinite.

Harry of Air then heard them whispering in the tree tops, as they encircled the skies with the birds of the air, and he had to be quick to catch sight of them, for they were always moving, ever changing shape, ducking and gliding, soaring and swooping and diving, wafer-thin effortless dancers, fluttering on the breath of the wind.

“Ariel controls all the powers of air. His winds circle the earth. With his song, he could bind or loose the winds, enchant men or drive them mad.”

Harry of Air stared at Ariel for some seconds who was a slight version of Paralda, and after stared at Archangel Raphael, standing and robed in gold, yellow, and blue, and carrying a caduceus, a wand entwined by two serpents.

“Archangel Raphael is the Master of the Powers of Light.” The fauna-guide spoke as he saw where Harry of Air’s stare was. “His wand is a symbol of healing. He rules science, knowledge, compassion, and healing.”

Harry of Air then saw the archangel stand before him the succeeding second, wondering with what sort of swiftness he took himself to his side. He stood cool and erect, silent and peaceful, his hair shimmering with the tacit colour of sunbeams at dawn. Harry of Air saw him hold upright in his hand a sword — the Sword of Damocles, which flashed pointed fragments of diamond light in reflection of the rising sun, and his robes were spun of golden silk, billowing softly in the mobile breeze of a warm springtime morning. He had the image of Aquarius embroidered on his breast.

“The Archangel Raphael touches the mind and the thoughts, for he is the bringer of Faith, and his sword represents the notion of Peace inspite of a troubled world – as in just the same way we may wake after a restless night and see things in a different light, giving us Faith that everything will turn out all right with the birth of a new day.” The beamy fauna-guide bent and whispered at Harry of Air. “The sword cuts away the debris from our minds, and it also represents our mental will to overcome. It is not a symbol of attack, but only protection. The image of Aquarius embroidered on his breast indicates insight and truth, everlasting life, and the eternal belief in all humanity.”

Archangel Raphael raised his sword to Harry of Air in silent salutation, and when the fauna-guide and Harry of Air in mimic bowed down in reply, he turned to face outwards across the mists of sunrise, as he lowered the sword’s point to his feet, and he stayed so holding the glittering hilt uppermost, with massive wings outspread in a stance of passive protection.

After some time, Archangel Raphael, King Paralda, Lord Ariel, and the sylphs flew to oversee other tasks. But before this they flew Harry of Air and the fauna-guide out of the Sylphland into the Fairyland, where they met the other children who were still in rapt with the fairies, and had not noticed their temporal disappearance.

As with the shahbazes, it was also hard for the fauna-guide to part the children from the fairies, as they all objected and opposed, as such that the fauna-guide — as it was customary for him to do, had to resort to the fairies to enchant the children and fly them out of the Fairyland.

Once they reached the Faunaerarium’s entry, the enchantment wore off, and the children realizing what had happened stared at the fauna-guide in anger and reproach, while some openly rebuked him. They all stared towards the air-isles and air-islets ahead, with longing and yearning to go back to the fairies, or even the shahbazes. Harry of Air thought of the jinns and sylphs whom he had visited, and was the only one of the children to have visited them, and thought to tell the others about it, but from the unhappiness of them, thought better not to, as added to all the troubles it would cause, he won’t also know what to tell when asked why it was only he and not they also who saw them.

It was early afternoon, and before the touring was ended and parents came and collected the children, the Faunaerarium proposed a last touring to the children to calm them from being flown unconsenting and unknowing out of the Fairyland — a custom of theirs it was also, and the children grudgingly agreed.

A new fauna-guide flew them up and along an aero-path, and they emerged before an air-islet which was walled in glass, except for the top. They all flew down it and landed in the midst of glass tanks — tanklike floraerariums and faunaerariums, which contained all sorts of plants and flying and winged animals of all sizes.

The children all dispersed as they went after the tanks calling for their interest, though not too interested as they all wished to be at the Fairyland rather than here.

Harry of Air and his companions flew from one tank to the other, staring at the plants and animals in them. They then flew to a dark and cool corridor containing some of the most mysterious looking floraerariums and faunaerariums. Inside them were plants and animals they had never seen. This caught on their curiosity and they rushed on and pressed their faces on the glasses, and stared at the bird-shaped plants and plant-shaped birds.

Harry of Air staring at one massive plant-shaped bird, saw it suddenly get up and stare back at him. This started him and he turned to the others to see if it was the same thing with them, but no, it was only him being stared back by the plant-shaped bird who began beaming at him, and the bird-shaped plants in the floraerarium beside also flapped and fluttered at him. Feeling confused about this, but believing it was a magical bird and magical plants acting so, he looked about again to see that it was only happening to him, as the other children carelessly made their ways from one tank to the other.

Then the plant-shaped bird before him extended one of its hands, and Harry of Air unsure, but also curious stretched his hands on the glass to the plant-shaped bird. He then instantly felt himself shifted out of space, and the succeeding second shifted into space again — another space it was for he was in the faunaerarium standing beside the plant-shaped bird, and alarmed. He wondered how could that be, and how could he be in the tank.

Panicky, and staring at the plant-shaped bird who simply stared at him, and also at his companions who had yet to see him in the faunaerarium, he then heard a voice emanating out of the plant-shaped bird, though he heard not its mouth move to speak and it said. “The Airstone is seeking for you. The Airstone is seeking for you Harry Potter of Air. Hear it. Hear its call and come and collect it.”

The plant-shaped bird said it several times as Harry of Air painfully heard her, as he felt uncomfortable in the tank. The plant-shaped bird as it spoke flew all around Harry of Air, spinning and spinning, until it called for the attention of his companions, and soon that of all the children in the place who all flew to the tank and cried, shouted, screamed, and called out to Harry of Air asking how he got to be in there, and what the plant-shaped bird was doing. The plant-shaped bird spun and spun as it swirled and spiralled around Harry of Air who started feeling uneasy and queasy, as he stared at his companions out there who tried to reach to him, as he also tried to talk to them.

Then he saw the fauna-guide rush along with Dudleya hot at his heels, and he parted the children to make way for himself.

“Do not worry children, this is not anything never seen or never happened.” The fauna-guide assured the children as Harry of Air heard him as if from afar. “The plant-shaped birds of the Vaporating Glasses sometimes do this, though rarely. They can be sometimes assertive and authoritative and take you into their glasses, and do what they want with anyone or anything, including us humans and aerowizards and aerowitches, as you can see they have done with your friend, but don’t worry, we shall see him out of there.”

The fauna-guide staring at the plant-shaped bird, and staring as if speechlessly speaking to it, somehow managed to convince it to get Harry of Air out of the tank, and soon it stopped its whirling, and a second later, Harry of Air disappeared from within the tank, and appeared before it, to his companions who rushed to him, happy to have him back with them as they asked him questions about how it had happen.

Soon all the children were flown out of the place, and with their touring come to an end, and all agreeing it was one of their most marvellous moment in a long time, they were all taken to their parents; and Harry of Air, Dudley and Dudleya, Piers and Piersa, Eron and Erona, Avicien and Avicienne, Alain and Alaina, Volorin and Volorina, Plu and Plume, Mavin and Mavina, and Amin and Amina, and all the other children agreed that it had been the best celebration of their E.E.E.E. successes, and with their parents flew to the parking lot where were their aerovehicles, and boarded them, and after the aerovehicles leaped up in a soar out of the Floraerarium and Faunaerarium’s air-isle to the aero-road, and from there to their various homes.
Sign up to rate and review this story