Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Familiar Yet Strange

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

"I wrapped my arms around him and shut my eyes"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 2134 words

0Unrated
-- WRITTEN IN ADRENALINE RUSH’S POINT OF VIEW --
“Adrenaline,” I heard a faint voice in the background. My head was spinning. The air was cold around me, that was a strange sensation, considering I am used to the heat of the desert.
“Adrenaline!” The voice repeated to me, it sounded similar. I squinted my eyes and ran my hands down my face.
“Where am i?” I grumbled out, opening my eyes to take in my surroundings. Everything was beautiful. It was in an old Victorian style, it was black, white and silver. I turned towards the voice. It sounded like Ghoul, however the person in front of me was not Fun Ghoul.
“You’re in a safe place,” He spoke to me. I shook my head and sat up on my spot.
“Where is the others?” I asked in a blunt tone, I had been so used to not expressing any emotion, it came out as if I was disinterested.
The person sat in the chair beside me and clasped his tattooed hands together, “Thrill Killer is here, the others are still at the building,” He said.
“At BLI?” I asked, still not fully zoned in.
He nodded, “Yeah, but hopefully not for long,” He said softly. “I brought you some tea and some food,” He said pointing towards a silver tray with china cups and a little teapot.
“Thanks” I whispered surprised at the kindness he was showing.
He got up and poured out some tea into a cup and handed it to me. The warmth was nice against my hands. “I don’t remember what happened,” I whispered out to him.
“We will explain it, but for now, I just want you to get your bearings and wake up a little bit, you’ll notice a scar on your arm,” He said pointing towards my left arm.
“You had an implant in your arm, we took it out” He explained.
I stared at my arm and felt chills down my spine, memories crashing into my brain like a wave. I almost dropped the cup from out of my hands.
“That explains why I can feel again,” I mumbled, paying closer attention to the warmth in my hands.
The person nodded, “Take some time to adjust, then we will explain what happened, try not to think about the past, we can talk about it and help you,” He said softly, lifting a cup of his own. “My name is Frank, you can choose to continue being called Adrenaline or you can use your original name before the chaos,” He said.
I raised an eyebrow, “BLI is still in control, I can’t use my original name,” I said in slight confusion.
“You’re not in there, we all go by our normal names,” He said softly. “It’s up to you though” He smiled halfly.
“I’ll think about it, I want to see Thrill first,” I said confidently. “That will make me feel a little better, no offense” I shrugged at the end.
“None taken, we have left you a change of clothes as well, come down stairs when you’re ready to talk” Frank smiled, he finished his tea and left the room.
I sighed lightly and stood up, “Carpet,” I mumbled, looking down at the rug in front of me feeling my feet sink into it. “Woah,” I mumbled, feeling the softness of it. “BLI has really messed me up,” I croaked out to myself and proceeded to look around the room, bringing myself back to normality.
---
I got changed into the black sweater that was sitting out for me, I decided to keep my ripped skinny jeans on for the time being. I pulled the sleeves of the sweater down over my hands and clenched onto it. “Time to find out what is going on,” I mumbled and pulled open the huge marble door, the door creaked loudly. I could hear chatter and music on downstairs, it was classical, elegant music playing. It was a different type of music, something I had never heard before. The hallway led to a grand staircase that was also silver and black. It felt like I was in a palace of some sort. This place had a different vibe to it. I certainly didn’t feel threatened here, I didn’t feel the need to constantly look over my shoulder.
I slowly walked down the stairs and followed the sound of talking. I approached another door and slowly pushed it open. In front of me stood Frank, Thrill and a few other guys, who looked similar to the killjoys.
“Ah, you’re awake and settled,” One of them beamed at me, he reminded me of Kobra and that made my face go white.
“Mikey, you’re probably better leaving the room for a little while,” One of them said putting his hand on Mikey’s shoulder, “This is going to be very weird for Adrenaline,” He continued with a slight nod.
“Yeah,” Mikey said seeing my face, “That is a good idea,” He whispered, walking to the back of the room and proceeding to leave out of another door.
I felt slightly dizzy but managed to keep myself up. “Hello,” I mumbled out, shaking the thought of Kobra out of my brain and focusing more on Thrill than anyone else.
Thrill bounced over to me and enveloped me into a huge hug. “I am so sorry Adrenaline,” He whispered, “We are safe now” He got out, not loosening his grip.
I wrapped my arms around him and shut my eyes “I hope we are,” I whispered “We are away from it” I whispered, clenching my hands again into fists.
The others respected this moment and let me and Thrill stand there in each other’s arms for a little while.
“Come take a seat so we can explain where you are, who we are and why you’re here” Frank said gently, he had one hand behind his back, in a formal manner and his other hand extended out towards the sofa.
“Okay,” I whispered, linking arms with Thrill, I didn’t plan on letting him out of my sight. We got comfortable on the sofa, the guys had brought out more tea for us.
The others had made a circle with chairs and sofas. They each sat down.
“I feel we should all introduce ourselves first,” Frank said, leaning forward in his seat. “My name is Frank,” He smiled “I’ve already met Adrenaline, but I have not met you Thrill” He said outstretching his hand for a hand shake. Thrill nodded and shook his hand.
“Nice to meet you,” Thrill got out. He was just as confused about where he was, as I was.
They then went around the full circle, it was Ray, Bob and then lastly Gerard.
“Okay, so what happened? I feel like you’re best explaining why we are here before we get to where we are, it would make more sense” I asked looking at them.
Gerard glanced out the window, “Well,” He started.
“You don’t have to explain it, one of us can if you want,” Ray offered to Gerard who also appeared a little shaken from the events.
“No I can,” Gerard said confidently looking at me and Thrill.
“We are friends with Music Catastrophe,” He started. “We go back a long time” He said to us. “We are one of her business partners in regards to her technology,” He explained. Me and Thrill remained silent. “But she stayed with us from time to time, she started to become one of us, part of our little dysfunctional group,” He said softly, taking a sip of tea. “The reason we are involved so heavily with her business and the technology is because this is an alternative dimension to your own, it was better security for her to allow us to have access to the technology,” He said. “We have materials and other resources she could use to make the technology, materials that is not available in your own dimension,” He continued. “We have access to the main motherboard, we can detect whether or not it is Music Catastrophe accessing it,” He sighed. “Us and Music are the only ones that are authorised to access the mother board, as it holds every single detail about every piece of equipment, coding and other issues, such as Kai,” He said looking at me and Thrill. “We have a deal in place, where if it is accessed without authority, we are allowed to go to the exact location and find out what is going on, however, if we do that, it can potentially kill Music Catastrophe, because we don’t know if she is in captivity or if she has gone insane” He said. “It is a really silly deal, cause she almost died,” He sighed.
“Did one of us access the mother board without authority?” Thrill asked. That put me at ease, at least I wasn’t the only one that doesn’t remember what happened.
Gerard nodded, “Party accessed it, he planned to use it to advance the BLI agenda” He said. “That is why we stepped in, our plan was to bring Music back here and rewire the mother board to prevent it happening again, however, Music decided it would be best to completely remove the technology from the world, turn it to dust,” He sighed. “She is the one that asked me to bring you here, before she done it.” He glanced back out the window again, “She noticed your change in behaviour, she detected that something was wrong with you two, I think she detected the implants that were in both of your arms, she just didn’t speak out about it” He said, crossing his arms. “That is why you are here, before we went, Kobra went a bit crazy, almost killing Adrenaline,” He sighed. “We brought you here, scanned both of you, detected those implants and removed them from your arms,” He said turning back towards us. “I can imagine your mind is fuzzy and everything seems misplaced, that will go away” He reassured us. “We just want to know why you were implanted” He shrugged.
Thrill nodded “Where are we though?” He asked biting his lip.
“You are in the Black Parade, the killjoys just happen to be our alternative reality beings” Gerard said. “That is why we seem so familiar, yet strange to you,” He said.
“That makes sense, I feel safer here,” I whispered out, “I do feel like I know you all, but I don’t at the same time,” I whispered, “That explains why I froze up seeing Mikey” I mumbled shivering in my spot again.
The others nodded, “They can’t reach you here, the only other person that can get here is Music,” Bob spoke up from his spot. “That is why you are free to go by your normal names if you want to,” He smiled.
I looked at Thrill. “But, does this mean there is another version of us?” He asked.
Frank put his head down. “Adrenaline’s alternative person died in war and proceeded to the next stage” He said with a shrug.
“Your alternative person rebelled and left,” Ray said looking at Thrill with a sad smile. “We haven’t heard from him since,” He sighed.
“Wow,” I mumbled out, “That is a bit insane” I whispered. I felt slightly more comfortable in my spot, now that I had an understanding of why me and Thrill were here.
“It is” Gerard said, sitting back down in his seat. “It is nice to see your faces again,” He smiled slightly.
“Wait” Thrill spoke out again, “Where is Music’s alternative person?” He asked. The room turned silent, each of them turning slightly awkward.
Frank scratched the back of his head, “She also rebelled and was banished from returning” He said, unsure if the words he chose were correct.
“In the most basic of terms,” Gerard slightly snapped at Frank. “We don’t talk about it” He said, waving off the idea with a flick of his wrist.
Thrill immediately froze on his spot, feeling like he had stepped into territory that he shouldn’t have.
“Do you have any explanation as to why you may have been implanted?” Ray asked, deciding to be the one to change the subject of conversation.
“Yes,” I mumbled, my hand shaking, “It is a bit of a long story though” I sighed feeling tears prick at the back of my eyes.
“You can take as much time as you need, we just want to understand why Music asked us to save you two over herself,” Frank said tilting his head a little.
Sign up to rate and review this story