Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

The Bracelet

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna tells Kirika-chan about her handmade bracelet and what bead means to her.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-10-24 - 540 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Five: /The/ Bracelet:

"I'm home!" Kirika-chan said. She found Anna asleep on the couch. The girl smiled to herself as she shook her mom on the arm.

"Hey!" she shouted. Anna jumped up to sitting. Her daughter grinned.

"I'm home," she said again. Anna blinked for a moment.

"Oh. Welcome home," she said. "How was your day?"

"Great," the girl said. She sat down next to her mother.

"And how was your day?" she asked.

"Good," Anna said, nodding. "A bit slow but it was good."

"Ah," the girl said. She looked down at Anna's right wrist.

"Whoa! I haven't seen that in years," she said. Anna lifted her wrist. She looked at the beaded bracelet on her wrist.

"Oh, this?" Anna asked. "I made it when you were six."

"I know. I was there," Kirika-chan said. Back in her kindergarten days, her school held a cultural festival. Anna hung around the kids' arts and crafts table. Four children, Kirika-chan included, sat around making jewelry. Not much going on there. Anna shrugged and got to work with her bracelet. Dark grey, light blue, yellow, purple, and dark blue beads. She threaded them through with care. By the time she was done, Anna smiled to herself.

Kirika-chan looked at Anna's wrist back in present day.

"Why did you pick those colors?" she asked. Anna perked up at the question.

"They are all the people I love," she said.

"Huh?" Kirika-chan asked. Her mom pointed to a dark gray bead.

"This is Papa, your grandpa," she said. Her finger moved to a light blue bead.

"This one is Aunt Yumiko." Finger to a yellow bead.

"This is Aunt Kirika. Your name comes from her." Finger to a purple bead.

"This one is your Papa." Finger to a dark blue bead.

"And this one is you." Anna turned her wrist, showing off her bracelet.

"How did you pick these colors?" Kirika-chan asked. Her mother shrugged.

"They just called to me you know?" she said. Kirika-chan looked at each bead closely.

"Why?" she asked. Anna raised her eyebrow.

"Why what?" she asked.

"Why did you make this bracelet?" her daughter asked.

"I don't really know," Anna said. "I just felt like it, you know? If I lost it, I think I would die inside."

"Hm," Kirika-chan said. She let go of Anna's wrist.

"I'm home," the girls heard from the doorway. They looked up to see Tsuzuki walking into the living room.

"Welcome home," Anna said.

"Papa!" Kirika-chan said. She hurried over to her dad and gave him a big hug.

"Whoa, hey," Tsuzuki said. "I missed you too." His daughter looked up and smiled. He couldn't help but hold her back Anna stood up.

"I could get dinner ready," she said. Tsuzuki gave her an odd look.

"You cooked today?" he asked.

"No," Anna said. "The landlady made stew today. She made too much again." Tsuzuki gave her an odd look.

"Again?" he asked.

"That's what I said," Anna answered. "I think she does this one purpose."

"I see…" her husband said in thought. Anna made her way to the kitchen. Kirika-chan headed to her room to start her homework. Tsuzuki took his place on the couch and turned on the TV.
Sign up to rate and review this story