Categories > Celebrities > Michael Jackson > Changing Destiny

Chapter 3 - Just a Little Longer

by Lady1Venus 0 reviews

With being convinced to stay a little longer, a week goes by with the Jackson family spending it with Lorna

Category: Michael Jackson - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2015-07-02 - Updated: 2015-07-02 - 3979 words

0Unrated
Changing Destiny
Chapter 3 - Just a Little Longer

Once getting outside, Lorna was able to see how the kids were able to play. There were many things for them to play with. In the center of the play area, was a small playground with monkey bars, swings, teeter-totter, slide, sand box and a few other things. All around the playground was surrounded around grass. There was a shed with nearly every ball under the sun stored in there. Also in the shed there were other play toys as well. Lorna was quite amazed on how much stuff the kids had to play with.

“So what would you three like to play first?” Lorna asked.

“I like to play on the swings, but often Paris nor Prince will help me,” Blanket said.

Lorna smiled. “Well I can help with that. I love to swing myself.”

Blanket smiled and ran over to the swings. Paris and Prince went to the shed and brought out a Frisbee and began to toss it back and fourth.

Blanket went and sat on the swings and waited for Lorna to reach him. When she reached him, she grabbed the swings.

“Hang on tight,” she instructed.

“I will,” he answered back.

Lorna pulled back the swing a little and let it go. Unknown to her, she was being observed. The Nanny was watching her but that wasn’t who really ‘was’ watching. It was one who was in his den observing from the window. The kids little playground was directly outside the window, so he could pay attention to his kids play while he worked. He smiled as he watched their guest swing his youngest son. Just from staring, he could see she had a big love for children.

Watching his kids play, he knew he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on his work, which he didn’t mind. He was actually ahead of schedule and was now ready to advertise his upcoming concerts. He had already had a band, though some were from before while others were new and they were anxious to get started.

“Mr. Jackson,” Debbie called as she walked into the room. “Would you like some coffee?” she asked. She looked up to see he was standing at his window looking at the kids.

She walked over to him and saw what he was seeing. “She is pretty, isn’t she?”

“That she is,” Michael admitted. “She’s leaving soon though. She’s earned enough money to go home.”

“Where will she go?” she asked. “I thought she lost her job and I’m sure her belongings in Las Vegas was taken by the Landlord.”

“She’s Canadian,” Michael replied, “and wants to move back to that home.”

“I’ve never met a Canadian before,” Debbie said.

“I’ve met a few,” Michael answered. “Just like Americans, some are nice and some are not so nice.”

Debbie turned away from the window. “I better get back to my work. Please call if you want anything.”

“I will.” Not once did Michael turn his head away from the window or gazing how their guest, Lorna, was playing with the children. He was enjoying the moment as he watched. He didn’t even pay any attention to when Debbie left the room. As he continued to watch, he found it quite ironic on how he ended up getting an employee by the same name as his divorced wife. Debbie had started working for Michael after he left his dream ranch.

For about an hour he could tear his eyes off as the three children and the woman play. She would swing Blanket and then the two would play on the slide together. The four eventually ended up playing a game of tag after having some fun in the sand box together.

Michael had softly chuckled as Paris and Lorna started to make a sand castle together but it was ultimately destroyed when Prince tripped and fell on top of it, causing sand to go everywhere. Paris was about to start crying when Lorna suddenly burst out laughing.

Shortly after the sand castle incident, Michael finally peeled his eyes away from the children’s play and settled back to his work. He had no idea at the same time he went back to his work, the kids and Lorna decided to go in as well.

Lorna looked at each kid. “Oh dear,” she sighed. “I guess we’re all a mess. I suppose we need to hop in the shower and get cleaned up.”

Blanket gave a slightly whine.

Lorna kneeled down to the small boy. “It’s ok,” she said. “Would you like your father to see you with sand in that beautiful hair of yours?”

Blanket shook his head. “I’ll go, if you promise to wash my hair for me.”

“You have your Nanny to do that,” Lorna said. She saw the puppy eyes look again and she knew she couldn’t say no. “Alright. I’ll tell your Nanny I’ll help you with your hair.”

Blanket smiled and the four ventured inside to get cleaned.

-

It was nearing of three O’clock when Michael decided to take a break from his work. He went to the family room to see his kids and Lorna were playing a game. With further inspection, he saw that it was his favorite game, Monopoly. He smiled and walked further into the room.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

All at once the three kids whipped their heads to the sound and brightly smiled. Scattering to their feet in a hurry, they hugged their father.

“Daddy,” Prince said. “You missed it. Earlier Lorna took us outside and played with us.”

Michael gave each of his kids a light kiss before looking at Lorna. “I hope they weren’t too much trouble. Sometimes the Nanny has some trouble.”

Lorna shrugged. “They’re just kids. Kids are there to be a pain at times but before long they will be all grown up.”

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “Lorna agreed to stay for one more week.”

“Yeah and she promised she would write and call us too,” Paris said.

“Really?” he blinked, surprised. “Calling long distance from Canada can get expensive,” he then smiled. “But I suppose it would be one that I’d be willing to fit the bill.”

“Michael, you are too kind,” Lorna said.

“So who is winning?” Michael asked, giving a gesture to the game board. He could see some hotels and houses were placed around the board.

“Lorna and I are partners and we’re winning right now,” Blanket announced excitedly. “Paris and Prince are on their own.”

“Oh really?” Michael questioned. “Did you two want some help?”

“Can you Daddy,” Paris asked.

Michael softly laughed and walked over to the table. He pulled up a chair and began to play along side with his children, helping both Paris and Prince. Another couple hours went by and the game still wasn’t finished. The tables were starting to slowly turn when Debbie walked in and called for dinner. The kids all gave their sigh of annoyance.

“Just when the game was getting good,” Paris said.

Lorna stood up. “Come on kids. Let’s put the game away and place it back where it’s suppose to sit.” Lorna went to remove the houses and hotels off the board when Michael quickly snatched her hand and held it gently.

“Let’s leave it for now,” he suggested. “We can go back to the game when we’re done eating.”

“Can we Daddy?” Blanket asked.

Michael nodded and the three kids all smiled. “Go get washed up for dinner and meet me in the dining room.”

The three kids zoomed out of the room to wash their face and hands for dinner. Michael still had a hand around Lorna’s wrist. Lorna was beginning to wonder why he was still holding her. Finally, his fingers carefully released her.

“I saw you playing with the children earlier outside,” he replied. “You must have had fun.”

“Yeah, it was fun. I helped Paris build a sand castle but it got destroyed.”

“I saw that,” Michael lightly giggled. “It looked like Paris was about to start crying but seeing you laugh, she laughed too. You four seemed to have quite the laugh.”

“Yeah that was cute. Poor Paris. She hated the idea our castle was ruined but seeing me laugh, seemed to make things ok. Michael, you have great kids and it makes me even happier to know they are not that badly affected by what has happened.”

“I did my best to not let it affect them,” he replied. “Well we better get washed up ourselves, Faye will be expecting us in a few minutes.”

Lorna nodded and she left the room to go to the nearest bathroom to get freshen up. She knew Michael was doing the same. Before long she headed to the dining room and was met up with the kids. The kids, this time wouldn’t sit until Lorna did and when she did, they sat beside her. Paris was on side and Blanket on the other. Prince sat beside Blanket. When Michael walked in, he was a little surprised to see his children were sitting in a different spot.

Once dinner was over and the group went back to their game and played for the rest of the evening on the Monopoly game. Michael’s staff all noticed how the Jackson children were taking quite the liking to the woman who collapsed at the gate. Of course they also noticed their employer also seem to like the woman as well.

As the five continued to play, Lorna realized the tables surely had turned. Michael’s two older kids were beating her. And eventually she had to mortgage all her property and died.

“We did it, Daddy,” Paris cheered. “We beat Lorna.”

Blanket gave a pout. Lorna saw this before Michael had a chance. “Hey don’t worry about it Blanket. There always has to be a loser in the end. Besides it’s only a game. And it shouldn’t matter who wins, as long as you have fun.”

“Who ever told you that?” Prince asked.

“When I was just about your age, there was only one style of Monopoly, which is this board. And when I was younger, I used to get my butt whooped by my brothers all the time. I didn’t like playing it after awhile, but then my Mom told me ‘it doesn’t matter who wins or loses, it’s playing the game and having fun is what counts’.”

“I totally agree,” Michael nodded.

“So what do we do now?” Paris asked. “When Prince and I always played it, it was just the two.”

“Well there is still two people in the game,” Michael commented. “You two can continue playing.”

The chimes on the clock forced Michael to look at the time. His eyes widened. He did not realize so much time went by. “But I think the game will have to resume tomorrow.”

Prince turned to the clock and suddenly pouted. It was nine O’clock. The Nanny suddenly walked into the room and began to rush the children up the stairs.

Michael looked at Lorna. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to say goodnight to the children.”

“Yeah, I need to start getting my things together and figure where in Canada I’m going to go. I have thought maybe I’ll go and visit one of my brothers in British Columbia.”

“I was once in Canada. I think it was in…” he trailed for a moment to think. “I think Vancouver if I remember correctly.”

“Vancouver? Wow that’s in British Columbia and that’s last where I know where my brothers live. Well not in Vancouver. Hey that is where the 2010 Winter Olympics are being held.”

“I heard about that,” Michael nodded. “I have tried to get other concerts in Canada but the officials were either asking too much money or offering me a too small of a place.”

“Yeah some places in Canada are very small. The country is the second largest in the world but yet there isn’t as much population as in the US.”

Michael nodded. He gave her a soft smile. “Well perhaps when you get settled, I’ll take a visit there and see you.”

“That would be nice.” Lorna stood up and walked to the nearest phone, not paying attention to Michael following her but continued when she reached for the phone to call her brother who she thought still lived in British Columbia. She was going to give her brother a call to see how he was doing.

Lorna was quickly getting frustrated, as she had to call the directory to get the phone number of one of her brother’s. After nearly ten minutes, she finally was able to get through.

“Hello, McCall residence,” a man answered the phone.

Lorna had a feeling it was her brother, but since it been so long since she heard his voice, she had to be sure. “Hello, I am looking for Luke McCall.”

“This is Luke McCall,” he answered.

“Oh my god!” Lorna blurted. “Luke, it’s been a long time.”

“Who is this?”

Lorna took note that his tone gave off a slight tinge of annoyance. “It’s me, your baby sister, Lorna.”

“Lorna!” he nearly yelled in the phone, almost falling out of his chair. “Is this serious!? How are you?”

“I’m doing really good,” Lorna smiled, almost laughing. The waiting was paying off. “It’s good to hear you.”

“Likewise. It’s been a long time. I’m sorry about Mom she was a good lady. I wanted to go to the funeral, but my wife had a baby, so I couldn’t leave her.”

“How many does that make now?”

“Four. Two girls and two boys. Our youngest is a girl and we named her after Mom.”

“How sweet. I’m thinking of moving back to Canada.”

“Really? You finally raised enough money to leave the strip?”

“Luke, I didn’t work the strip. I worked in a hotel at the strip.”

“Whatever,” he said with some sarcasm. “Where are you thinking of heading to?”

“I’m not sure yet. I was wondering maybe you can help me with that.”

“I wish I could. But with four kids and both myself and my wife work, it gets tough. Have you called Robert?”

“No. You’re the first one I called and I had to find you through the directory. How is Robert and Jason doing?”

“Jason lives somewhere here in BC. The last I had heard, Robert was doing good. He’s finally settled down. He’s going to get married soon. He moved to California in Hollywood.”

“Hollywood? Wow. That’s quite the distance. That means we’re all in the same time zone.”

“What do you mean? The last time I looked, you were in Vegas and that’s an hour ahead, sometimes two hours.”

“I’m currently residing with a friend in Los Angles.”

“I’m lost,” her brother said. “What happened to Vegas?”

“Trust me, I’m not sure you want to know the story on that one. Let’s just say, I lost my job since accidentally getting here.”

“Lor, you better tell me what is going on or else.”

Lorna knew the tone he was using he meant business and demanded an answer. Michael just happened to come back in the room when she cringed at her brother’s tone. Michael gave her an odd look.

“Can you hang on a second?” Lorna moved the phone from her ear and covered the mouthpiece very tightly so her brother couldn’t hear in what she was going to say. “My brother is wanting to know why I’m here and not in Vegas. I don’t know what to tell him.”

Michael walked over to her and rested a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Family is important. I have eight siblings, plus my parents who have helped me through the scandals. Your brother deserves the truth.”

“Including you?” she asked.

He nodded. “Family should never keep secrets from each other.”

“What if the media learns this?”

“Lorna, ease your family’s fears.”

Lorna took a deep breath. She removed her hand and placed the phone back to her ear. “Sorry about that.”

“What was that about?” he asked.

Lorna stared into Michael’s eyes as she spoke. “Luke, are you sitting down.”

“Of course I am,” he said. “Lor, what is going on? I’m starting to worry.”

“Luke, I was kidnapped just before Christmas. I don’t know why. It happened just after I got off work and was heading home. From living in Vegas I became paranoid.” This was going to be the first time Michael was finally going to hear the full truth about Lorna. He knew she was holding things back, but he was going to let her speak of them on her own time.

“I lived only across the street from the hotel I worked at, in a bachelor apartment. I really never had any friends other than my coworkers and didn’t go anywhere after dark. But somehow I was taken. After being held hostage for a few hours and being tied up, I managed to escape before anything could happen to me and I kept running and found myself in Los Angles.”

As she stared into Michael’s deep brown eyes, she noted his expression didn’t change much except for a little surprise showing in his eyes.

“Where the hell are you right now?” Luke demanded.

Michael could hear the man’s voice being as close as he was. He gave her a slight nod to continue.

Lorna took another deep breath as her heart began to thump a little. She had no idea what he was going to think of what she would say next. She never knew how he would feel about Michael Jackson. “I am staying with a wealthy friend who took care of me as I collapsed in front of his home. Luke, he is very nice and wonderful.”

“Who?” he asked again.

Lorna’s eyes closed dreading on what her brother could say. “Michael Jackson,” she answered slowly. She meant to do it so he wouldn’t ask her to repeat the name again.

She heard a gasp in the phone and a thud. She presumed he succeeded this time in falling out of the chair. For a few minutes all she could hear was breathing and then a woman’s voice quietly speaking, which sounded like she was asking if Luke was ok.

“Are you saying…” he started finally. “The ‘Michael Jackson’, the pedophile.”

Lorna’s eyes popped open as a flash of anger flashed in her eyes. “He is not a molester! Those are all shitty lies. He is perfectly innocent.”

“You are defending the man?”

Tears welled up in her eyes. Her worse fears of her brother’s reaction were true. “Yes, I am defending him. He saved my life. I could have died from being food deprived and suffering with a lot of dehydration, which caused me to lose my voice. I could not speak. He is a sweet and kind man. He has three beautiful children who I played with all day today and they are so cute. Oh Luke I wish…” her voice got choked in her throat.

Luke went silent again, listening to his baby sister as she tried not to cry. He had a feeling the man she was defending was right there beside her. “Lor,” he said quietly finally. “Can, I speak to him?”

Lorna lifted the phone towards Michael, showing him that her brother wanted to talk. Michael took the phone and watched as Lorna walked away to recollect herself.

“This is Michael,” he said as he watched her.

“Michael Jackson,” Luke said. “Is what my sister just said true? You saved her life?”

“Yes,” he answered confidently. “She did collapse in front of my home. It took her nearly three weeks to get her voice back.”

“And you are taking good care of her?”

“That I have. Even gave her some money for clothing to stay here. She has lost her job and has been staying here since.” Michael wasn’t really talkative on the phone, but knew he was going to have to explain himself. And he already knew the man on the other end believed the lies.

“And you’re not forcing her stay with you?”

“Oh, god, no!” Michael rushed out. “She wants to go back to Canada. She can leave when she wishes. My three children though convinced her to stay the rest of the week.”

Luke finally pulled himself off the floor with his wife’s help. She was giving him a stern look because of his reaction to where his sister was staying. “So you could have given my sister money at any time for her to come home?”

“Of course, but I had no idea she was planning on leaving until yesterday. If I had, I would have offered her a plane ticket to where she wanted to go sooner.” Michael watched as Lorna walked back to him and silently was asking for the phone back. “Your sister wishes to speak with you again.”

Michael handed the phone over to her. “Luke,” she said sternly. “What is your problem? I figured you would be grateful for Michael helping me.”

“Lor…” Luke couldn’t get anything more out as suddenly a screeching loud noise interrupted him. “Lor. I have to go!” he said.

Lorna and Michael could hear the screeching through the phone.

“The kids are fighting again. I hope to talk to you again. I love you. Bye.” He hung up.

Tears fell from her eyes as she heard the click. Michael took his cue of gently taking the phone from her and setting it down.

Lorna slowly walked a couple steps. “If I had known…”

“It’s ok,” Michael said softly.

“No, it’s not ok,” Lorna, snapped around looking at him with tears. “He had no right to do that. If I had known that he believed the lies then I wouldn’t have told him I was here with you. You don’t deserve that. You deserve to be respected and only your loyal fans can give you that.”

“You respect me,” he said.

“Michael, you and I both know what I am talking about. The media has torn you apart. They treated you like you’re an alien. But you are human. People do make mistakes. There are a hell of a lot of people out there,” she swung her hand towards the window, indicating the people who lived in the city and everywhere else, “who have done far worse than you. And what do they get for their troubles? A slap on the wrist, few years jail time and probation. What do you get, the whole punishment like you were a serial killer. They just attack you because of how fast you climbed the ladder to fame. Well I don’t give a crap about your fame. You are a gentle and nice person. You, most of the time, don’t act like you have fame.”

Michael cracked a little smile seeing how much she was defending him. “I thank you, Lorna.” He walked over to her and hugged her. “Thank you,” he whispered.

She hugged him back, enjoying the feel of his arms around him. Many girls would so be jealous of her if they ever knew she was able to see the man this close.
Sign up to rate and review this story