Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Ritual

Chapter Two

by Balder 3 reviews

Hermione is given a ritual that will boost Harry's power but told not to give it to Harry yet as it is illegal for minors to use. She gives it to Harry right away anyway.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-08-13 - 1261 words - Complete

5Original
The Ritual

RATING: NC-17 (For later chapters)
WARNINGS: AU
SPOILERS: Mild Spoilers
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Chapter Two
Just as Hermione predicted the next day at lunch Ginny saw her mum reading an official looking document. Her mum showed the letter to her father and then they left the table to talk while she and Ron ate. Ginny was almost too nervous to eat but only almost.

“Ginny,” her mum said after she’d eaten. “You've been offered an amazing opportunity but you’d have to spend the whole summer away. Do you think you might be willing to do that?”

Ginny was careful to sound a little hesitant, “The whole summer? What is it?”

Her mum said, “Well until the last week of August anyway. You’ll still get to see Harry then and we can have your party when you get back!”

Ginny nodded, “Okay mum. Why don’t you tell me about it.” Internally she was wondering how in the hell Hermione had pulled this off. She agreed, of course, to the proposal without listening to it overmuch. It was some sort of camp or apprenticeship. She spent the time imagining spending the summer alone with Harry. She just nodded to whatever her mum said and tried not to smile too widely.

Ron was jealous of course when told about it at dinner. But when he realized it was studying and that she’d miss her own birthday he came around. He even offered her some of his limited pocket money as well as a hug. She declined the money and took the hug, genuinely grateful.

When she was packing for her trip she made a small goof and her mum got suspicious. Fortunately it wasn’t the right sort of suspicion. She was packing for six weeks with Harry so she was taking her sexiest clothes, not that she had a lot of those or that they were too sexy. Her mum had been on the shopping trip so it was mostly just stuff that made it clear she was a girl and knew it. However her mum came in to help just as she was folding her only pair of lacy black knickers and asked, “Dear? You do know this is an all girls camp?”

Blushing at being caught and embarrassed not to have been paying proper attention she nodded, “Yes mum.”

“Is there some reason you’re taking those then?” Molly asked. She came up to the bed and looked through the trunk, “Is there something you want to tell me Ginevra?”

Blushing even harder Ginny said, “No mum. I just want to look nice while I’m there.”

Molly gave her daughter a piercing look then nodded, “Okay dear. But if there’s anything you need to tell us, maybe something you figure out while you’re away, we’re always willing to listen. We won’t judge you for your personal decisions. We learned that lesson with Percy, god bless him. Do you understand what I’m saying dear?”

Ginny, her red face practically glowing now, nodded vigorously, “Yes mum!” She didn’t know what to say to such a thing but her mother let her off the hook by dropping the subject.

“Okay, I’ll leave you to pack dear,” Molly said. As Molly walked away Ginny could hear her mum mutter, “With only boys around to play with growing up I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.” She almost ran after her mum to explain but that would not end well. She decided she’d just have to hope her mother forgot about this idea over the summer.

The next day at 10 a.m. she grabbed her trunk and used the portkey that had come with the offer. She appeared in Hermione’s house. “Hermione?” she called out. “I’m here! You have to tell me how you managed that. It was fantastic!”

Hermione came into the room and hugged her, “Thank you Ginny! It was nothing really.” Her smile showed the lie in that statement. Hermione obviously enjoyed the reaction she was getting, “A few calls, a little blackmail, a reporter in my corner if she knows what’s good for her.”

Ginny laughed nervously, “I’m glad you’re on our side! I guess Ron was right for once.”

“Oh?” Hermione asked. “What did he say?”

“That you were totally brilliant but a little scary,” Ginny replied honestly.

Hermione blushed a bit but replied, “I only break rules in a good cause Ginny.” She smiled, “I’ll go tell Harry you’re here. Are you thirsty or hungry?”

“No, mum fed me before I left,” Ginny said. “I’m just a bit nervous and a lot excited.”

Soon Harry was there, also with his school trunk, “Okay, did you manage to translate the book Hermione?”

“No Harry,” she replied. “I didn’t have time for that but I did the next best thing,” she held up two potion vials.

“What are those Hermione?” Harry asked. He figured they were potions to help them learn but was willing to play straight man.

“I found out about these when I asked Professor McGonagall about magical ways to learn French at the end of First Year,” Hermione said. “My folks were taking me to Marseilles and I wanted to be able to converse properly. McGonagall told me about the store that sells these then. There is a store that’s far past Gringott’s bank that is a travel store. Well sort of anyway. It’s set up more like a store for Victorian Age adventurers but one of the things they have there is a way to learn languages fast.” She handed them each a vial, “Drink it just before reading the book and you’ll understand the language. It works for all normal languages but not for things like Parseltongue or Mermish.”

“Is the ritual that painful that you wanted to be sure we didn’t see it until after we had left?” Harry said. He looked worriedly at Ginny who was already committed.

“There’s nothing too painful in there Harry,” Hermione replied. “If you use a little forethought no part of it will be any worse than a hard game of quidditch. Since you both play that shouldn’t be too much for either of you.”

Harry looked at Ginny and started to say something but she cut him off saying, “I can handle anything you can Harry Potter!” He couldn’t disagree with that and she had already made a magical oath so he swallowed his worries and said, “Do you still have the portkey to Potter island Hermione?”

“Of course I do Harry!” she said and handed him the box.

He took the portkey out and held it out to her while he grabbed his trunk with the other hand, “Are you ready Ginny?”

She grabbed her trunk and touched the old coin, “Yes Harry. Let’s go.”

Harry said the activating word, “Potter’s Place!” There was a tug behind their navels and they were suddenly elsewhere. There was a sun shining down upon them and sand under there feet. A voice came from behind them saying "Welcome to Potter Island."

Final Author's Note: Regardless of what I had Molly say I, of course, do not believe that growing up with only boys as playmates will make you like girls that way. I also apologize that editing this chapter today made it show up as if it was just newly added and for any inconvenience that caused.
Sign up to rate and review this story