Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Reviews for Reviews

Reviews for Reviews

by CosmicZombie 7 reviews

ATTENTION ALL FICWADDIANS; Anyone wanting more feedback for their work, please read- opinions needed!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-14 - Updated: 2012-11-15 - 522 words

0Unrated
Hey, apologies for clogging up the page with another note, but I’m here to propose an idea regarding everyone on here.

See, I was thinking last night about how a lot of users don’t feel they get the appreciation they deserve- which is quite often the case, there are some awesome writers who aren’t well recognised- and also how everyone wants feedback on their work, which is completely understandable; after working really hard on something, it’s amazing to get feedback on it.

So, I came up with this idea for this; Reviews for Reviews- where you read and review a story/poem for someone and they read/review one of yours in return. That way, you both get feedback and a good story/poem to read.

Basically, if you were wanting to take part, you’d need to post a reviews-to-reviews note in whichever category you post most frequently (e.g. MCR), with these kind of details:

Username: [Pretty self explanatory]

Stories/poems you’d like read and reviewed: [That way the reader can pick the one they like the look of best out of your suggestions]

Type of story you’d like to read and review in return: [The kind of story/poem you’d like to read; e.g. humour, angst, romance, smut, what pairings- it can’t be too specific, though]

Then, you review one of these notes posted by a fellow author with a story/poem of yours that fits the description of the kind the author wants to read and review, and then read and review one of their suggested fics in return. Make sense? This is to be a positive thing, though- don’t go bashing other people’s stories. If you have criticism, it HAS to be constructive, and teamed with good points.

Once you’ve got enough feedback for one story/poem, change the ‘Story/poem you want reviewed’ and let readers know you’ve done so in the description, likewise with the ‘Type of story/poem you’d like to read’.

Basically, the idea is that you exchange reviews for stories you want reviewed; writers get more of the feedback they’re wanting on their own particular stories and also get the opportunity to read new stories they wouldn’t have otherwise. It should get everyone in FicWad more involved with each other’s stuff.

So what do you think, guys? Yay or Nay? Drop a review, let me know your thoughts on this. If enough people are in favour, we can get started (I’ll probably post one of my own actually, ‘cause like I said in my other note, I’ve been looking for more stories to read). Once I see if people like it or not, I'll post another note on here in 48 hours saying if people want it to go ahead or not- if it's an overall yes, you guys can start then, so drop a review giving your thoughts please :)

Thanks for reading, hope this solves some of the issues going on at the moment. I’m quite excited for this, actually!

Lucy xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story