Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up

Chapter 4

by atomickilljoy 4 reviews

Jennifer sighed. Out of everyone who could've saved her, it was him.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-09-22 - Updated: 2012-09-23 - 1051 words

0Unrated
The rest of the day flew by for Jennifer. The day that got to her was the end. Of course, like everyday ended for her, she was in a locker. She had learned not to plead for a way out. They'd just laugh and stay longer. She would bang on the door after they left, so they wouldn't hear her.

"ANYONE?! HELP! I'M IN THE LOCKER!" Jennifer shouted, banging on the door.
"Jennifer?" Brendon said
Jennifer sighed. Out of everyone who could've saved her, it was him.
"Yes. It's me." she said
"Who did this to you?" Brendon asked, anger building up inside of him.
"The principal. Who do you think?! Now get me out!" Jennifer said, getting annoyed.
"Not until you tell me who." Brendon said
"Brendon" she sighed "Don't make this complicated. Now let me out!"
"Jennifer?" she heard another voice say. She recognized this voice all too well.
"Tre fucking cool!" Jennifer exclaimed "Get me out!"
This had happened to Jennifer a lot of times. Too many to count. By now, Tre, Billie, and Mike all had practiced how to bust open lockers to save Jennifer. Tre burst the locker open and Jennifer flew into his arms.
"Thank fucking God, dude. This fucking dunce wouldn't let me out!" Jennifer exclaimed
"I wanted to know who did it!" Brendon replied
"Dude, it doesn't matter! Some jocks did it, but no one does anything about it. So, we've learned to deal with it." Tre said
"Whatever." Brendon replied
"Jen, you going to Ryan's party?" Tre asked
"Fuck yeah! I trust you'll be there, fucking shit up?" Jennifer said
"You know it! See you later, daredevil!" Tre said, walking away.
"Why did he call you daredevil?" Brendon asked Jennifer.
"You going to Ryan's party?" Jennifer asked
"Yeah."
"Then you'll find out"

**

It was 3 o'clock. Normally, the park was filled, but a party was on that night. People were doing things early to go to the party.
Of course, Elizabeth had managed to escape Ryan, who was too busy talking with his friends to notice. She had gotten to the park at 3, and was waiting for Spencer. Soon enough, Spencer showed up.
"You're the same person, Spencer. Late, if you bother showing up" Elizabeth said.
"You're still mad about last month." Spencer said
"Hell yeah, I'm still mad."
"What do you want me to say?" Spencer asked
"How about "Sorry I ditched you, Elizabeth. My skank was waiting for me."?" Elizabeth said, getting angry just thinking about it.
Spencer stayed silent.
"Or how about "Elizabeth, you were never worth my time"?" she ranted
"I'm sorry, alright! I didn't mean to ditch you!" Spencer said
"Oh! So you didn't mean to ditch me? That makes it all better now!" Elizabeth said.
"I know, it means nothing now, but I'm really sorry." Spencer said
"You're right. It means nothing now" Elizabeth said, walking away.

**

Jennifer made it inside her apartment building. She was making her way up to the apartment when she was stopped by Alex.
"Hello Jenny" Alex said
Jennifer cringed.
"It's Jennifer, not Jenny. What do you want, Alex?" she said
"I've had my eye on you for way too long. I'm not going to let some new kid waltz in and steal you from me. I know you want me. I want you. So let's stop with the games, alright?" Alex said, with a stupid smirk on his face.
Jennifer fought the urge to slap him.
"Look, Alex. I don't want you. Never have, never will. Now leave me alone." Jennifer said
"Look Jenny, one way or another, you will be mine. And if I don't get to have you, neither will he." Alex said
Jennifer ignored him and went to her apartment.
I will never be his she thought

**

Jennifer was done with her homework at 6:30. She had gotten the directions from Ryan before school let out that day. Turns out, he only lived a few blocks away. It would take her about 30 minutes to get there, walking.
"Mom, can I go to a party tonight?" Jennifer asked,
"What time?"
"8"
"What time will you be home?"
"Maybe 12. At most, 1. 1:30."
"Is Alex going?"
Jennifer groaned.
"Yes. He's going.
"Fine."
Normally, this conversation would've been unrealistic, but it was a Friday. School had started on a Friday, which Jennifer thought was stupid, but this time, it was a blessing.
"Don't get with anyone, Jennifer!" her mother said
"Unless it's Alex?" Jennifer asked, disgusted.
"...yes"

*

Jennifer had arrived a tad bit late, but the party was more than alive by then.
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU MADE IT!" Tre yelled, as he flung an arm around Jennifer.
Billie handed her a cup with alcohol in it, and Jennifer drank it down in one gulp. She needed it.
"Ready, Jennifer?" Mike asked. They were going to do something they always did. "You bring it?"
"Fuck yeah I did!" Jennifer said, with a grin.
They all went into the crowd and found the source of the pop music that was playing. Jennifer took out the CD's from her pocket, while Tre, Mike, and Billie made sure no one was looking. Jennifer took out the pop music and quickly changed it with The Ramones. No one cared, as usual. They just kept moving. In fact, even more people had joined the crowd.
Tre, Billie, Mike, and Jennifer all high fived.
"YO DAREDEVIL!" someone shouted
"WHAT'S UP OLIVER, YOU BITCH!" she shouted back
She saw her friend, Oliver, coming towards her, followed by Ryan.
"What's up, Daredevil, you bitch? Long time, no talk kid" Oliver asked, high fiving Jennifer.
"Nothing much bro."
"This is my cousin, Ryan." Oliver said
"What? Jennifer is daredevil?" Ryan asked
"He's your cousin?" Jennifer asked
"Yeah! Your name is Jennifer?" Oliver asked
"Yeah. Call me Jennifer if you want."
"Nah. Daredevil sounds more kick-ass" Oliver said "We're all waiting for you in the basement, bro. We couldn't start Truth or Dare Spin The Bottle without the Queen of the game!"
They all went downstairs to the basement. Much to Jennifer's dread, Brendon and Alex were two of the people sitting in the circle, waiting to play. At least Tre, Billie, Mike, Ryan, Oliver, and, as she just noticed, Patrick were there.
She sat in between Tre and Billie.
"Let's get started, shall we?" Oliver announced.
Sign up to rate and review this story