Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

At Fault

by DisenchatedDestroya 2 reviews

They're just three boys in a hospital room. Short FRIKEY one-shot. Read, review, rate and feel my love! :P

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-09-03 - Updated: 2012-09-03 - 1114 words - Complete

1Exciting
At Fault





“I, um, I.”

The youngest boy present in the eerily clinical hospital room snaps his head up, shoulders up around his neck as though expecting an attack and eyes drowning in the salty acidity of tears. So many tears; too many for a day that had started with laughter and kisses and sunshine. But not nearly enough for a day that is ending in a hospital, with a lanky pale boy stretched out under some too-scratchy sheets and needles poking into him like he’s some kind of pincushion.

“I- Frankie. I don’t blame you.” The older, vampiric guy says, his voice cracking in unnatural places as it falls over the sorrow-built hurdles that have sprung up in his constricting throat. “I don’t blame you and I know Mikey won’t. Mikey lo-“

“Shut up!”

Frankie dissolves like a pill in a glass of water, fizzing and disintegrating into nothing until he’s just a sobbing mess slumped in a frigid chair, hand squeezing onto that of the unconscious boy in the middle of the room; squeezing onto his boyfriend as though he can pull him out of his dangerous slumber. A pair of warm, strong arms drape around him, pulling him in for a tight hug that quickly turns into a snuggle.

“I love him, Gerard. I love him so much and I just wanted to show off my driver’s license, make him proud, y’know?” Frank sniffles, burying his head into his best friend’s chest as though he can hide from all of his mistakes in there. “I never meant to run a light, you know that, right? You know I’d never do anything that could hurt him on purpose, right?”

“Of course I know that, Frank.” Gerard sighs, pressing a brotherly kiss into Frank’s stress-mussed hair. “He’s your boyfriend; I know how much he means to you.”

Frank looks up at the older boy, remembering all of the ‘tests’ that Gerard put him through before he was allowed to date Gerard’s baby brother, thinking about all of the shit the three of them have gotten through together, every second spent hanging out in Gerard’s basement bedroom with Mikey cradled in his chest like a teddy whilst Gerard painted all sorts of crazy creatures. Everything that he loves and finds to be good, everything that matters to him is in this hospital room. And it’s all his fault.

All his fault and he only came away from it with a set of bruised ribs to go with his black eye. A black eye that he got defending Mikey from some douche bags at school. Frank’s always seen it as his job to protect the younger Way brother, even before they started dating, but even he couldn’t protect him from the screech of tires and scream of breaks that signalled the end of all light. That could signal the extinguishing of the light of Frank’s life.

At that thought Frank throws himself from Gerard’s comforting embrace and onto his knees next to Mikey’s bed, the entire top half of his body leaning over the bed and clutching onto his boyfriend’s body like a child onto it’s security blanket in the middle of a relentless thunderstorm.

“Frank, he’s gonna be okay. I just know it.” Gerard pauses, blinking away a few tears so that Frank can’t see how much the ‘big, strong one’ is crumbling at the sight of his baby brother so broken and his best friend grieving for someone who has yet to die. “He’s gonna be okay. You’ll see. He’ll be just fine. He’s just asleep. I mean, sure, he’s got a few broken bones, but he’ll be fine. He’ll be okay. Just give it time and he’ll be back to normal. Mikey’s gonna be oka-“

“Gee.”

This time it’s Gerard who looks up, seeing Frank curled around the baby of his family; the sight of the two sixteen-year-olds making him wish that he could have been the one trapped in the smashed side of a car for over three hours in the freezing Jersey night.

“He will be.” Gerard sounds like a stubborn toddler insisting on the reality of Santa Claus and he knows it, but he can’t help that; hope is all he has right now. “Just, don’t do this, Frankie. Don’t you fucking dare do this to him.” When this gets Frank’s full attention, Gerard reaches a hand out to rest on his shoulder. “He’s not dead yet and we both know that he’s a fighter, but do you know why he fights? What gives him the strength to carry on every time something gets him down?”

Frank shakes his head, turning his gaze back to his boyfriend’s pale face. Kind of like porcelain, Frank thinks, porcelain that’s been thrown from the shelf and smashed into hundreds of tiny pieces. Broken, but still there; still fixable if enough patience and care is applied. Two things that Frank will always have in abundance where Mikey Way is concerned.

“You, Frank. You and the fact that he knows you believe in him. That’s what keeps him going when the bullies try to drag him down; you.” Gerard pauses, casting his eyes to his brother. “So don’t fucking give up on him now. Don’t let him go.”

The younger boy nods, sucking in his tears and feeling a bittersweet swell of pride taking hold of his actions. He climbs back into his chair, still holding Mikey’s limp hand in his, and offers the older Way boy a slight smile of appreciation.

His Mikey needs him and he’s not about to let him down. Not now and not ever, not even when the sun burns out or when zombies start eating their flesh; Mikey will always have Frank and Frank knows that he will always have Mikey. Just like they’ll both always have Gerard and Gerard will always have the two of them.

The three of them against everything, everyone; forever.

“Mikey, Baby, I know you can do this. I know you can pull through. I believe in you, Baby. I believe in you.”

And Frank’s certain that he can feel Mikey squeezing his hand back.









A/N: Just a little bit of Frikey because I haven’t really written a Frikey for ages and I felt that I needed to. Anyways, I hope you like this and please, please let me know what you think! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story