Categories > Original > Drama > The Gangmaster's Husband

What Was Unexpected

by Kittenm 1 review

Brad meets Neil and Barry's kid.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-21 - Updated: 2012-08-21 - 606 words

0Unrated
"So, ummmm..... You and...." I snap my fingers, trying the remember the big dude's name.

"Barry? Yea. We've been married for 5 years." Neil's fingers tighten on the wheel, and that's the first time that I notice the ring on his finger.

"And have an adopted kid. How is Kian, by the way? I haven't seen him in awhile." Matt butts in from the front seat. Yea, my little brother threatened to shoot me. Again.

Woah, if you had asked me if I would say that I was threatened with a gun normally seven years ago, I would've said hell to the no. Shows how often that has happened.

"He's fine." Neil sighs. "I just wish he wasn't following in our footsteps. He was stabbed recently, ya' know? In the stomach. I....... I just don't want him to turn out like me. Wanted and a murderer. He's just 14, for goodness sake!" He sounds a little choked near the end. I would be too, his kid is going into a dangerous business.

"I'm sorry....." I mumble.

"He'll be okay, Neil. I mean, come on! I joined at 16, I'm still alive!" Matt was always the one to put light on a situation. Wait, 16!?

"16!! Matt!! God dammit!!" I yell at him.

"Brad, yet again I say it, I'm the one holding a gun." Matt says slowly. I sigh and shut up.

"We're here guys. Stop agruing." Neil says, stopping the car and pulling the key out of the engine. I climb out and Matt grabs my arm to lead me inside.

When we walk through the door, Matt leads me towards a small living room, and pretty much tosses me down onto a couch next to a lanky kid. The kid has a snake wrapped around his arm and is wearing a Tom and Jerry shirt. He looks at me for a second then shrugs.Matt walks off and leaves me with Neil and the kid.

"Kian, since Matt neglected to do this, this is Matt's brother, Brad. Brad, this is my son, Kian." Neil says quickly. This is his kid?

"Hey, nice to meet you. Older or younger brother?" Kian says, smiling, voice friendly.

"You'd think I was the younger by height and the way he was throwing me around, but I'm 6 years older than he is." I say, laughing a little. "This is the first time that I've seen Matt since I was 18 and he was 12. Eight Years....." I try to smile. "So much has changed......." Neil smiles a little and leaves.

"You didn't expect him to be in a gang, did you? My dads have been trying to get me to change my mind about joining this one. Adam's refusing to take me in right now, too. Adam's a nice guy, I'm going to assume that you've met him." Kian says, smiling at me while unwinding the snake from his arm. "C'mon Nyx, back to your cage.

"Not at all. Much less my fiance's rival gang. Or see him in a raid. And I have met Adam..... On interesting terms." I mumble as he get's up and places the snake in a glass tank that's in the room. I know that things are going to be different for me.

What I don't know is how different.

Sorry it's so short. I will try to update every Tuesday and Friday at the least. Feel free to bug me if I don't meet this. Oh and that snapping thing is part of my actual stutter. When I can't get things out, I yawn and snap. When I think, I yawn. It's weird, but that's just how it's always been.
Sign up to rate and review this story