Categories > Books > Harry Potter > At The Heart Of The Matter

Conversations

by haymak

After the events of the DOM, Harry starts to slowly reevaluate his life and with truths revealed and a new perspective, he gets at the heart of the matter and sets of on his own path to becoming th...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Blaise Zabini, Cho, Dobby, Draco, Dumbledore, Flitwick, Fred, George, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Neville, Oliver Wood, Poppy Pomfrey, Professor McGonagall, Sirius, Snape, Tonks, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-07-12 - Updated: 2006-07-12 - 2097 words

?Blocked
Authors Note: Still don't own anything....she sighs!

Conversations

********

Harry woke up early the next day and went to sit by the fire in the common room to finish going over his packet from Gringotts. As he descended the stairs, he saw that Hermione was already awake and headed over to her.

"Good morning, Hermione. Your up fairly early. I thought with you still recovering that you would sleep in?"

"Good morning to you too. I was feeling a little sore and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to come down and watch the fire till breakfast. Why are you up so early?"

"I have a lot on my mind and didn't sleep to well last night, so just gave up on anymore sleep." as he said this his mind was whirling. Did Hermione have the same feelings about their friendship that Ron did? Did she also spy on him for Dumbledore? Taking a seat next to her he thought, 'The only way I'm going to find out is to actually ask 'Mione some questions and go from there.'

"Hermione, I know that I've said this before, but I am sorry that you got hurt during the DOM. With my track record, I know how long it takes to feel completely well....I'm glad that you're making a fairly quick recovery, though . When you got hit with that curse....Merlin!....I thought you were dead! I was so scared that I had lost you....if there is one person I need right now, it's you! I can't imagine what my life would be like if you weren't in it." After the initial apology, the rest was said in an choked whisper. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself again, he continued, "Can I ask you something, 'Mione?" Receiving a nod he went on, "How do you feel about our friendship?"

"Harry, you don't even need to ask....your my best friend!!! We have been through way to much together not to be extremely close. I know there've been times when we get on each others nerves, but we say and do the things we do because we love each other and care. I know I shouldn't say this but I have always felt closer to you than to Ron. From what I understand, he fancies me somewhat, but I can't see how! All we do is fight over everything, he's envious of everyone and so closed minded at the same time, I just don't think I can take his antagonistic nature much longer. It was pure hell being locked in the infirmary for three days with him......how his mind works.....I'll never know! Your the kind of person who helps if he can without expecting something in return, listens to anyone without passing judgment, and doesn't assume to push your own views on everyone. That is a true friend and is what I love the most about you and our friendship. I've been thinking about this lately and was so scared to bring it up. Is it me, or is the 'Golden Trio' on its way to a split. PLEASE!, PLEASE!, PLEASE!, tell me that you and I will always be friends at least!!!!! I couldn't bare losing you!!! You may have noticed, but I don't make friends very easily, but you seem to see right through the know-it-all facade and see the real me....the scared, lonely, over achieving girl." As she was speaking, tears rolling down her face, she held his hand with a strength you would not assume she had due to her petite size. Harry knew without a doubt that Hermione was being absolutely truthful....you don't spend fives years being friends and not be able to tell when feelings are fake. With Ron, he was always on his guard, afraid of saying something to set of Ron's jealous or bigoted rants.

Harry could not be happier with Hermione's response. "Merlin! You don't know how worried I was that I would lose you or your friendship. Neville overheard something yesterday and I was so scared you would be in on it too! Of course I should have known my Hermione was smarter than that." He said that last bit with a small chuckle. Sobering again, he said, "Ron has been spying on me to Dumbledore for a few years it seems. 'Mione, I can't believe he thinks so little of me to do this...." he trailed of looking into the fire lost in thought.

"You have got to be kidding!! I can't believe him....I'm going to kill that jealous prat!!! How could he!?! You would give your last breath for your friends and this is how he thanks that kind of loyalty!! Harry, you know if I had known that I would have said something to you, don't you?" She looked so upset and hurt that he pulled her into a fierce hug and let her know that all was good between them. As they pulled apart he proceeded to tell her everything that had happened in the last 48 hours from sitting by the lake for the first time after the DOM, trying to come to terms with what had happened to Sirius and his friends, to all the correspondence he had received.

"Don't ever doubt our friendship again....I'll help in anyway I can. Now, lets have a look at that will and your account information and see if we can't make some sense out of this mess. I mean, there has to be some reason for Dumbledore to do the things he has and I'm going to help you find out! The nerve of that man going against your parents wishes! Let's get to work!" Chuckling to himself he said, "That's my 'Mione!"
Pulling out the Potter Estate folder, he began to review what he owned.

POTTER ESTATE:

Vault 3 - Gryfindor Estate

Galleons: 1,672,051,386

Homes/Property: Gryff Manor - Scotland
Hogwarts - Scotland

Investments Ollivanders - 15%
Growth Herbofarms - 70%
Various stocks under 10% ownership
Vault Contents: Gems, Weapons, Books, Family Artifacts, Family Ring

Total Value of Estate: Approximately 2,238,159,046
(Unable to give with complete accuracy due to priceless items located in vaults and homes)

********

Vault 7 - Potter Estate

Galleons: 1,882,751,902

Homes/Property: Potter Castle, Wiltshire, England
Godrics Hollow, Unplottable, England
Hogwarts, Scotland

Investments: Daily Prophet - 32%
Growth Herbofarms - 30%
Coca Cola - 20%
Disney - 12%
Grunnings - 51%
Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes - 15%
Various stocks under 10 percent ownership

Vault Contents Gems, Weapons, Books, Family Artifacts, Family Ring

Total Value of Estate: Approximately 2,739,459,643
(Unable to give with complete accuracy due to priceless items)

********

Vault 235 - Thurox Estate


Homes/Property: Thurox Manor, Wales, England

Investments: Daily Prophet - 19 percent
Magical Menagerie - 42 percent
Various stocks under 10 percent ownership

Vault Contents Gems, Weapons, Books, Family Artifacts, Family Ring

Total Value of Estate: Approximately 382,549,307
(Unable to give with complete accuracy due to priceless items)

********

Vault 697 - Harry Potter Trust Fund

Galleons: 91,902
Knuts: 48,212
Sickles: 8,726

********

To say that Harry and Hermione were complete gob smacked would be like saying that an atomic bomb is hot. When finally they were able to pull themselves together, Harry noticed a letter in each of the Potter and Thurox Estate folders that needed to be opened. He decided to read the Thurox letter first considering how emotional he was probably going to get with the Potter letter.


Dear Heir,

This is a letter to inform you of your heritage as a member of the Thurox Clan. Many centuries before this letter was written, in the time of the founders of Hogwarts, we were of wizarding background until our great, great, many times great grandfather married into a clan of Chuzzors. What is a Chuzzor? To best explain, it is a cross between a vampire and elf. However, don't panic, you will not need blood like a true vampire. A Chuzzor has enhanced hearing, sight, and are extremely graceful like the vampire and elf, however all Chuzzors have a deep red, almost black hair, green eyes, and are rather tall in stature. We crave affection and companionship as well as having a natural sexuality (similar to an incubus but we do not feed on sex or sexual energy or need it to survive). As for magical power, we are able to cast wandlessly like elves, have an affinity for blood magic like vampires and can use our sexuality to draw people to us like an incubus. Depending on any other heredity you may come into on your coming of age at 16, you may very well receive all or some of the traits listed above.

When you go through your coming of age, you should have someone with you who can give you some pain and healing potions after the transformation is complete. Good luck with your coming of age and in the future.

Your Great (I don't know how many) Grandfather,

Roderick Thurox


"Harry, are you alright? This is allot to take in....maybe you should wait and read the Potter letter later?" With a shaky nod from Harry, she continued, "When are you hoping to hear back from that lawyer you wrote to? If you decide to hire him, you should let him see everything you have, especially if this Chuzzor heritage is true. If Dumbledore knew of your heritage and left you in an affection starved environment then.....well you get where I am going. We really need to do some research about the Chuzzor. After breakfast I will go to the library and see what I can find."

"Thanks 'Mione, that would be a great help. This information is a bit to be getting on with, but it will be interesting to see what, if any traits I end up with. I at least know I have the green eyes....HEY!!! That means my mother isn't a muggleborn like we thought. What little research I have done on the Potter line, they usually have brown or blue eyes, not green. That means that the Thurox heritage runs on my mothers side...not to mention she had red hair, though I don't know how dark it was. The pictures I have doesn't really do justice to the colors of her eyes so I can assume that the same is for her hair. While your in the library I think I'll head down to the lake again and continue writing everything that I can remember from 4th year. I don't know if I will ever need the information, but it is actually good to get it all out, even if it is only on paper. Kind of like a good therapy session."

"If it helps you in anyway then that is a good thing! While in the library I'll try and find more about the Thurox line. Now, let's go get ready for breakfast and go from there." As she stood up she was enveloped in an enormous hug while he whispered his thanks in her ear. After getting ready, the headed down to the Great Hall.

While at breakfast, Hedwig came in and delivered a letter from Anthony Rooks, the law wizard he had written to last evening. He was surprised to be getting a response so soon. Giving Hermione a nudge to get her attention, she leaned over to read the letter with him.

Dear Mr. Potter,

Let me first start by saying that I will be more than happy to have a meeting with you to discuss any issues you may have. Mrs. Longbottom did forewarn me that you would probably be writing or I would have been shocked. I don't know if you know this, but we once held the Potter Estate in trust. It was a sad day when our firm lost not only a client but a long standing friendship with your family with the death of your parents. What came as an even bigger shock to us is when the estate was pulled from our firm. We sought out any explanation that we could find, but were told by Mr. Dumbledore that a new firm would be used from hence forth. With meeting you again, we look forward to the possibility of regenerating the old family ties and to growing new ones with yourself.

Sincerely,

Anthony Rooks
Partner
Rooks, Rooks, and Burke

As mad as he was that the Headmaster had the gall to switch his estates to a new firm, he was also pleased that Anthony would be somewhat familiar with the Potter Estate and may be able to help even more than originally thought. After expressing this to Hermione, she could only agree. Finished eating, Harry and Hermione parted company to spend there day on the tasks set for themselves.
Sign up to rate and review this story