Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fury's Initiative

Prologue

by ZombieSlayer13x 2 reviews

Now I've called all of you here today for one reason...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2012-07-13 - Updated: 2012-07-15 - 884 words

2Ambiance
A/N: It’s been a while since I’ve written a story. I’m happy to get back into the swing of things though. I hope you all enjoy this story. I’ve fallen in love with this movie and wouldn’t want to disappoint.

Disclaimer: I own nothing regrettably

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

09:00

Level 3, Conference room


Director Fury paced around a windowless conference room in his helicarrier, his coat dragging on the floor as he walked. He shook his head in disdain. They were the best he had and they wouldn't show up on time if their lives depended on it.

After ten more agonizing minutes of pacing, the door to the conference room breezed open and five exhausted Avengers stumbled in.

"Well, well, look what the cat dragged in," Fury said sarcastically as they took their seats, "What? No small talk? No banter? What's wrong with all of you?" he asked his normally boisterous team.

"Sir, with all due respect," Natasha started, rubbing her temples profusely, "we just got back from a sixteen hour flight after a two week mission in Europe running around on two hours of sleep a night. We're not exactly...in the mood."

"I second that notion," Tony said from across the table, raising his hand. He was in a classic Tony position: chair back, feet up on the table, drink in hand. His boots left smudges of dirt on the table's clean glass surface.

Director Fury continued on, electing to ignore Tony, "Agent Romanoff, I would not have asked you all to be here on such…short notice...if it wasn't important. There are going to be some huge changes made here over the next few weeks, and I want you all to be ready."

"Sir, I'd like to say right now that the incident in the lab was not my fault. I never touched bird boy's arrows," Tony said, leaping to his feet as he launched into his defense.

Clint stood up so fast that his chair fell over. "YOU did that? Stark you are so going to pay for this-"

Director Fury silenced them both with the wave of a hand, "That isn't why we're here, Stark. But you know what, meet me in my office after this. I may only have one eye, but I see everything." Tony sat down abruptly. Agent Barton righted his chair and followed suit.

"While you were all away in paradise, a project that S.H.I.E.L.D. has been working on for a very long time was put into motion. We thought you all should be the first to know since, after all, you will be in charge of it," Fury sat back and let what he said sink in.

"Do I even want to know?" Steve asked hesitantly.

Fury ignored him as well, "We need a new team; some fresh man power in the field."

"Great, you're replacing us already? I really don't see how anyone can beat flying a nuke into space and almost dying to save the whole population of New York City," Tony said sarcastically.

"Mr. Stark, I will ask you one last time to please control yourself," Fury said.

"You never asked me a first time!" Tony exclaimed throwing his hands in the air. His drink sloshed out of his glass, narrowly missing Agent Barton. Clint sent glares Tony's way.

Fury shrugged. "I assumed it was implied." With that, he stood up from his chair and walked over to a map on a board at the front of the room. "Over the past nine months we've been searching the world and checking it twice, looking for just the right people to make up our B-Team, a backup for your sorry asses. What happens when you're away and the world needs saving again?"

"We…call Thor to come back from Asgard and help us again?" Tony offered.

Fury ignored him again. "I brought in some agents whom I trust, and a new recruit," he gestured towards a woman standing by the door, "Agent Kelson. They helped in the search and, after much deliberation, we have built a second team. They're the best of the best."

Tony coughed loudly, which Fury ignored once more, "They're young though. Most of them minors. The oldest is 19. We thought it would be good to start young. For the next few weeks, hell, maybe even the next few months, you will be aiding in their training. If any of you try anything on any of them, there will be consequences. Stark, I mean you," Fury said, throwing Tony a glare.

As if on cue, Agent Kelson walked forward towards the table; she wore a standard navy blue S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform with her light brown hair pulled back into a sleek, tight pony tail. She smartly adjusted her glasses and distributed manila folders to each member of the team. Once she was done she casually leaned against the nearest wall to listen to the director once more.

"Now, if you would all turn your attention to the folders in front of you, inside you will find the files of each of our newest recruits. You better read up," Director Fury said, putting his black shades on. "You've got a long couple of months ahead of you."
Sign up to rate and review this story