Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Will You Be the Only Hope for Me

by MyNomDePlume 1 review

Frank has a HUGE problem, and Mikey is definitely not being that helpful.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-04-29 - Updated: 2012-04-29 - 1116 words - Complete

1Moving
“You say the funniest things when you’re asleep.”

I covered my mouth to avoid doing a double-take on Mikey. This was not going to be good.

“W-what do you mean?” I stammered as the smug smile on his face grew wider.

“Exactly what I said. You say things like, ‘Oh, don’t leave, Gerard! I need you! Please don’t leave!’ and shit like that. I think you were even crying last night. I take it that you like him, no?”

“I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.” I replied as calmly as I could, but I couldn’t help but panic on the inside. Mikey had just repeated what I had said in my dream the previous night. I hoped to God that Gerard hadn’t heard me as well. He had no idea how much I loved him and I intended to keep it that way. The last thing I needed was to lose one of my best friends.

“Of course you do. I can tell you’re lying,” his response left my cheeks burning, “but it’s not like I’m gonna tell him or anything.”

“If you do, I swear I will fucking kill you.” I pointed a finger in his face threateningly. Meanwhile, my mind was racing. How the hell was I ever going to be able to go to sleep knowing that I might confess to loving Gerard right next to him?

Mikey picked up his Starbucks cup from the counter and gave me an authentic, toothy smile, something uncommon coming from him. He was truly pleased with his work freaking me out.

“I know, Frankie, I know.”

With that, he left me in the kitchen to worry about my sleep habits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all stumbled onto the tour bus, exhausted just like after every other concert. Ray collapsed on the floor in front of the bunk we shared and started snoring lightly a moment later. Mikey and Gerard barely made it to their own bunk before they followed suit. I remained in the doorway to the bedroom hesitantly. I was prepared to stay up all night in I had to. There was no way I was going to fall asleep if that meant blurting out my biggest secret involuntarily. Instead of lying down, I sat down on my bed and opened a magazine. Dolled-up movie stars popped out at me on every page, fighting for attention. Their plastic bodies and empty smiles bored me to death. Deciding that was no use, I dragged myself into the kitchen and grabbed a highly caffeinated soda. I nearly chugged the entire can before climbing back into my bed above Ray’s empty one. I was desperately trying to battle the sleepiness. It was going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Frank, you look like shit.” Mikey remarked as he walked into the main part of the bus.

“Good morning to you too, asshole.”

“He’s right though.” I looked behind him to see Gerard watching me worriedly, “Did you get any sleep last night?”

“Not really.” I sighed. In fact, I stayed up the entire night. He walked over to the couch and sat beside me. I tensed up when he placed his hand on my leg gently.

“Why not, Frank?”

“I don’t know, Gee. I just couldn’t fall asleep.” I sighed. It was half-true, I guess.

“Why don’t you get some rest now? We don’t have anything planned until tomorrow afternoon.”

“But my bed’s covered in clothes.” I protested, trying to come up with excuses in mind not to go to sleep.

“Then sleep on the couch.”

“But it’s too uncomfortable.”

“Now you’re just being a baby.” Gerard grabbed my hand, sending shivers down my spine, and led me to the bunks, “You can sleep in my bed.”

“But-”

“I don’t want to hear anymore fucking ‘but’s. Come, I’ll join you. I could always get a little more beauty sleep.” I reluctantly obliged as he helped me up into his bed. He pulled me closer and I felt my heartbeat pick up at the thought of being that close to Gerard. I pressed my head into his chest, feeling one arm wrap around my waist while the other rested on the back of my head. My whole body ached for slumber, but my mind screamed to stay awake. Gerard’s warm embrace aided the fatigue, making my eyelids heavy against my will. I knew it would only be a matter of time before I drifted off and divulged my secret. If I told him before I fell asleep it wouldn’t make a difference, right? He would still hate me for all eternity. I might as well have gotten it over with.

“Gee?” I murmured drowsily.

“What is it?”

“I have to tell you something.”

“Tell me anything you want.”

“It’s very important because I...” I trailed off, exhaustion engulfing me in darkness and bitter-sweet dreams of Gerard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes to see him once more. He was swelling with joy like a proud parent. His happily tear-filled hazel eyes brought a dreadfully confusing feeling over me. If I had just talked in my sleep - and I was almost positive that I had - why did he look so fucking happy? Why wasn’t he running away screaming, repulsed by his best friend? Maybe he thought it was funny, or something like that.

“What did I say?” I whispered, wincing prematurely at all the mushy things I must’ve told him subconsciously.

“You said that you never wanted me to leave you, ever,” Gerard paused. I put my head in my hands remorsefully, knowing that our friendship was over already, “and I swear that I won’t.”

I looked up at him, dumbfounded.

“I-I... you... really?”

“I love you too, Frankie.” he hugged me firmly, but the shock didn’t wear off for a moment or two after. I squeezed him even tighter when I realized I wasn’t already hugging him back.

“Finally!”

“What the fuck?!” I jumped into his lap, startled by the outburst that hadn’t come from his mouth. Gerard purred happily as he enveloped me in the warmth of his embrace once more. I threw a pillow at an ecstatic Mikey below us, not really caring if it hit its target or not. All I cared about was staying in Gerard’s arms forever or until someone had to pry me out of his grasp - whichever came first.

Yay, fluff! Looking at adorable pictures of Frank really gets me into a writing mood. He's just so goddamn cute! XD
Sign up to rate and review this story