Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Tricks of the Trade

Tricks of the Trade

by mychemicalbitchbot 4 reviews

Gerard Way is working for an agency, and he's the best at what he does. This agency asks Gerard to kill a short punk boy, and Gerard can't help but notice how much alike they are. Oh well, it's all...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-01-24 - Updated: 2012-01-28 - 1521 words

2Exciting
Yo, bitches! You're probably thinking along the lines of "why the fuck is she posting yet another story? Well, to be honest, this is a collaboration with Love_it_or_Leave_it. We've been working on it for... months. Since November. Wow. Months! Read on, I will give you my (less important author's drabble at the end!)

Tricks Of The Trade


Gerard Way stared at the card in his gloved hand. He ran his fingers through his shoulder-length black hair as he remembered what Carter, his boss, had said. ‘This comes straight from the top. The head honcho. Get it done.’ Most of Gerard’s hits came from Carter, yet this one was special. The Council had ordered this person’s death. For the Council to do that meant that this person was an enemy to them. He defied their command, broke their rules and threatened their power. So they ordered a hit on him. And for them to send Gerard, the most revered and powerful hunter, meant that this kid had defied them in a big way. Gerard grabbed the boy’s file out of a bag on the chair beside him and put it on the desk. He began to flip through the pages and nothing seemed interesting, nothing was out of the ordinary. The kid was smart and he worked well with computers but all in all, there was nothing to extra-ordinary that Gerard could see to make the Council want him dead. Gerard pulled out a thick stack of papers and spread them out on the desk in front of him. He sighed heavily and set to work. Gerard had to learn anything and everything about this kid. Where he worked, what music he listened to, even what he ate for breakfast. As Gerard worked, he noticed some words that kept repeating. Hacker, expelled, gay... That word made him stop. The kid was gay? Gerard halted his thought. So what? You are. What’s the big deal? Gerard shook his head and continued. The kid had been expelled from four schools because he mouthed off at teachers. So the kid is feisty... Gerard thought to himself. He laughed at the thought and continued working. The more Gerard learnt, the more the boy began to remind him of himself. Gerard was a shit-head of a kid and so was this boy. He was a real terror and by the looks of it, he loved causing trouble. Whoever this kid was, Gerard liked him already.

For the next six hours, Gerard worked and worked until he had fallen asleep on the desk. He now knew a lot about the kid. He liked rock music, The Misfits in particular, he worked at the Microsoft building downtown and he was almost always seen with a cup of coffee. Every morning on his way to work, he stopped into the local Starbucks where Deacon, his best friend and barista, had his coffee waiting. The kid liked coffee so much; he had become good friends with all the baristas who worked there. The kid stayed and chatted for a few minutes before hurrying back to his car to get to work in time. A loud noise awoke Gerard from his slumber and he bolted upright, startled by the sound. He looked down at his work from the previous night and shook his head. He would need coffee and a shower before ever attempting to continued with reading. Gerard went into the kitchen of his one bedroom apartment and switched on the coffee machine. The small machine buzzed as it began pouring the precious brown liquid that kept Gerard alive. Gerard was addicted to it like it was the last resource on Earth. The coffee machine was slow and sluggish as it had only just been turned on so Gerard decided to go for a shower. The tiny bathroom held a shower, toilet and sink and was only furnished with a small medicine cupboard. Gerard walked into the small washroom and chuckled at the lack of space. He was always a clean man but then, when it came to his profession, it was understandable. Most nights he came home covered with blood, amongst other things.

After Gerard had his shower, he went back to the kitchen to find his best friend Bob sitting on the bench, with a mug of coffee in his hand.

“Hey bro! How you been?” Bob asked. Gerard grunted in response before grabbing the mug out of

Bob’s hand and taking a swig. He swallowed the coffee and coughed, chocking on the sugar.

“Holy shit! How do you drink that shit?!” Gerard asked, still coughing. Bob laughed at his discomfort.

“Serve’s you right for stealing my coffee!” Bob replied laughing. Gerard turned and looked at him.

“Notice how that’s my mug with coffee from my machine?” He asked condescendingly. Bob grinned and continued drinking his coffee. After Gerard finally got some of his precious coffee, he took his seat the desk where his work sat, scattered beyond all hope of organization. Bob followed Gerard to the desk and took a seat beside him.

“So who’s the target?” Bob asked. Gerard couldn’t be bothered to explain so he just handed Bob a picture of the kid.

“Frank Iero. Huh. Cute kid,” Bob said, nudging Gerard. Gerard glared at his best friend before snatching the photo back. Bob knew Gerard was gay and was fine with it. Though he would be a little hypocritical considering he was bi.

“He’s gay. Your point?” Gerard asked.

“That you are too! Duh! Maybe you two could like-“

“He’s the target, remember?” Gerard interrupted him. Bob’s face fell.

“Oh yeah. Right.” He said glumly.

“You don’t even know him. How do you know that he’d go for me? Or even you for that fact?” Gerard asked. Bob shrugged and chuckled.

“You never know. He might li- Hey! You totally just insulted me!” Bob exclaimed. Gerard laughed at his friend’s late reaction. Bob poked his tongue out at Gerard who ignored his child like action. Gerard suddenly stood, startling Bob who knocked his chair over his chair as he jumped in fright. Gerard wandered to his room and got changed. He pulled on a pair of black dress pants from the floor and a simple black dress shirt while Bob stood in the doorway, thinking of which tie Gerard should wear. Gerard opened his mouth to ask but was cut off immediately cut off by Bob’s words.

“The red one.” Gerard grabbed the tie and did it up before grabbing his jacket off his bed. He slid it on carefully, trying not to jostle the blade kept hidden of the inside. Gerard always went out with some sort of weapon because he almost always got into some sort of fight. He hurriedly put on his shoes and followed Bob to the front door.

“Where are you going?” Bob asked curiously.

“I’m going to get a coffee and scope out this kid. You’re going home to Pete. Now move before I stab you with my key.” Gerard replied before grabbing his key, wallet and phone. He held up a key menacingly at Bob.

“Why can’t I come? I love coffee! I’ll be good! I promise!” Bob pleaded. Gerard raised an eyebrow at him.

“That’s what you said last time.” Gerard said. Bob opened his mouth and closed it again, lost for words. A small smile crept onto Gerard’s lips as he pushed Bob out the door.

“Wait! I left my stuff on the bench!” Bob whined. Gerard raised an eyebrow at him again.

“How’d you get in before?” he asked.

“With my key, that is sitting on your kitchen bench!” Bob replied. Gerard sighed as he pushed the door open again. Bob sprinted inside and grabbed his stuff before sprinting back outside.

“Good. Now go home to Pete,” Gerard ordered as he closed the door. Bob scowled and dawdled to his car, mumbling under his breath.

“I can hear you y’know,” Gerard called to him as Bob gave him the finger and drove off. Gerard chuckled and got into his car, heading for the Starbucks in town, to ‘run’ into Iero. If all went well, Gerard could get this kill done by the end of the week.


++++++++++++++++++
Tell us what you think! This chapter wasn't written by me, so I can gush without feeling...icky. Like, Gerard's going to kill Frank! Nya~ Now I'm just being a freak. Tell us what you think? PLEEEEEASE!
-I will go all Gerard/assassin-y on your ass. Oh, Love_it_or_Leave_it doesn't know how much of a bitch I'm being (read the username) so she doesn't necessarily agree. Since I think she's a real sweety I take it back. I won't kill you if you don't review. But I'll smile if you do. Fair enough, yeah? (Coughsgettingofftopiccoughs) Okay, I have permission (grins evilly)

Please, please please R(ate) and R(eview) ha. (R) ate. Hah. (God I need a life)
Sign up to rate and review this story