Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(47) Graduation

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

A time of celebration. R&R always appreciated!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-12-01 - Updated: 2011-12-02 - 1520 words - Complete

0Unrated




(Brendon's POV)

The white roses were withering and blowing away with the wind. The smiles were frozen, slowly slipping down everyone's faces as the music began. The music something wretched... not in the spirit of any kind of happy event.

Tears fell down Kacy's face. God, what have I done? Jon stood, emotion clouding his face. Spencer stood next to him. Ryan sat beside them, shaking his head. Everyone knew... everyone knew... That I had lied to get my way. I had lied to get Kacy to marry me. She didn't belong with me. She didn't love me. I couldn't get her to give me the time of day before those girls had hit her hard enough to cause her memories to retreat to a safe place. Had her memories come back? She looked so... so sad. Had I done that?

And though her eyes were clouded by tears I heard her soft voice above the whispers from our crowd, "I do." As I looked closer I noticed the fading bruises covering her pale skin. Had I done that? Memories of me being drunk and hurting her flashed through my mind and I had to shake them away.

I opened my mouth to speak but the words I had been attempting to form did not come out and instead I simply leaned down, pressing my lips against Kacy's. The kiss lacked passion. Her eyes lacked life, happiness. She didn't even smile.

Had I done this to us?





I woke up, shivering. As I looked around I saw Kacy passed out next to me, unharmed. It had all been a dream... Just a dream.

"Kacy... Kacy... Wake up." I said, lightly shaking her.

Kacy's eyelashes fluttered and I watched as her eyes finally opened, widening in surprise. "Brendon... what time is it?" She asked, stretching. She had finals today. School was going to be over. She was graduating. I was so proud. Even better... People started coming forward about her hospitalization. It was all instigated by a girl named Erica. Several other girls had turned her in and then also came forward as having helped her. The police were sorting through the matter. As I stared down at Kacy I knew that there was no way that I would be letting the matter go. They had almost killed her. We were pressing charges.

"It's only 4." I whispered, brushing her hair from her face. "But I wanted to talk." My nightmare had scared me. I honestly didn't want to live that life with Kacy. I didn't want her to be unhappy with me.

"What about?" Kacy asked, concern showing immediately as she sat up next to me. "Is everything alright?"

"Do you want to go on tour with me? I mean, am I forcing you? It'll be strange for you. You'll be stuck with me, Ryan, Jon, and Spencer the entire time and well... me, and I- I don't want to force you and I- are you ready to get married? We can push it back. You can set the date. Are you comfortable with everything?" I asked, everything rushing past my lips as I nervously stared in to her slowly widening eyes.

Amusement graced her face as she spoke, "Calm down silly. I'm comfortable being with you... We all make sacrifices for love but really, I'm not making any huge sacrifice. It'll be a little sad leaving after graduation but way worth it. I love you and I'm ready for this. I'd let you know if I wasn't."

"Promise?" I needed to know that I wasn't pressuring her.

"I promise. Now... Can I go back to sleep please?" She asked, grinning at me.

I nodded, sighing. "Goodnight." Everything felt better with that said. Her steady breathing filled my ears soon after and the sound took me in to a deep slumber as well. Things between us were good. They may not have started out the right way but... I would do right by Kacy from here on out.





*

(One week later- Graduation)



"Kacy looks nervous." Ryan whispered, holding a camera in his lap.

Jon grinned, "I think she spotted us."

"That would explain it then." Ryan stated, rolling his eyes.

We had decided against our first plan but that didn't mean we weren't gonna show spirit at Kacy's graduation. Spencer, Jon, and myself all had our shirts off and our chests were painted with Kacy's name. Ryan had eventually caved and decided to do the artwork for us, our faces were painted as well.

Ryan grimaced, "You guys are aware this is more something you do for a football game, right? And you better not get us kicked out. Spencer, sit! Leave that girl alone! Come here! Look, we are already getting glares from the staff and you guys aren't supposed to be shirtless so just SIT!" Ryan yelled.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine mom." I sat next to him and Jon and Spencer grumpily followed suit.

The graduation ceremony began and Ryan shushed us so that he could hear. I know Kacy was named something but turned it down. It was kind of heartbreaking. She didn't seem to think she belonged to the school anymore since her memories were gone. She couldn't remember her time there. Lisa said that was best anyway. School wasn't that great. That had annoyed both Kacy and Ryan.

The ceremony was so boring that I think I actually almost fell asleep until Ryan elbowed me roughly and I looked up just in time to see Kacy stand upon her name being called out. "Thanks bro." I muttered, rubbing my shoulder where he had elbowed me.

Ryan started snapping pictures and Kacy quickly walked up the stage and then left, seeming to hate having everyone's attention.

"And now we have to sit through a bunch of bullshit." Jon whispered and I nodded, "Graduations suck." We whispered together, wanting to grab Kacy and escape. We both knew Ryan wouldn't allow that however. He was watching us like a hawk.



**

"KACY! LISA!" Jon screamed, running through the crowd of staring teenagers and in to Lisa and Kacy who were talking to each other. The ceremony was thankfully over and now we were walking towards the girls, Kacy's mother walking with us. She had arrived late yet just in time to see Kacy get her diploma.

Kacy laughed as Jon latched himself on to her and Lisa, dragging them in to a small group hug. Then Spencer jogged up and joined in on the hug. Soon enough they were all falling to the ground. I grabbed out for Kacy, pulling her to me before she hit the ground. Ryan helped Lisa before she fell. Spencer and Jon latched on to each other as they hit the ground. "We are so unloved!" They pouted, glaring at us.

We ignored them. "So, dinner?" I asked, since that had been the only plan we could all agree on.

"I kinda just want to stay in." Kacy admitted, "How about grabbing some take out and eating in together?" She asked everyone.

"I'm for that." I agreed, looking around as everyone nodding their agreement to that idea. "Looks like we're eating in. Uh, chinese place?" I asked, thinking of the take out places we had in town, "Or pizza?"

"No pizza." Lisa said, wrinkling her nose.

Kacy nodded, "Chinese sounds good."

"Chinese it is then." Brendon said, grinning. "Jon, Spencer... get off of each other! We are going." I yelled, laughing as they jumped up. They had been wrestling over a piece of candy. I think they suceeded in embarrassing Kacy thoroughly. She did, however, have blue paint on her gown now after hugging me. I wouldn't say anything though.



**

"Well, it'll be exciting!" Ryan yelled, leaning over towards Lisa with a smile.

I laughed, "Yeah and I'm sure it'll be nice for Kacy to see you at the concert. After about a week she'll start missing you."

Lisa had just told us she planned on being at one of our later concerts so she could meet up with Kacy. "And you guys will come back and visit me, right?" Kacy's mom eyed me dangerously.

I laughed and nodded, "Yes! We will visit! First break on tour we get in which we have some free time we will visit!" I promised, trying desperately to think of when that would be possible. Tour was pretty damn hectic. Thankfully she didn't ask for a date.

Kacy just smiled, "It'll be fun." She whispered, seeming to actually be thrilled about tour for the first time since I'd brought it up. That made me happy. Everything was going a little fast for her and I could tell but... we were gonna make it.





***

(I'm so sorry if this seemed rushed guys! I wanted to put it all together and it's all kind of boring yet important details! Tell me what you guys think? I'm sorry if it bored you! I have... a few more important things to get through that I'll probably shove in to the next chapter along with going on tour! This story is almost over!)
Sign up to rate and review this story