Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stockholm Syndrome

Forty-Four

by whoah-that 7 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-18 - Updated: 2011-08-19 - 1617 words - Complete

5Exciting
Paulina had woken up in a bad mood. A not-so-choice encounter with Gerard the previous night had left her sore, bleeding, and sour. She rubbed her bite-marked hip as she waddled into the kitchen, scowling at nothing in particular. That is, until Mikey started speaking to her.

“Sit,” he said. Normally, it wouldn’t bother Paulina in the slightest as to why Mikey was handling her breakfast instead of Bob. However, today it truly grated Paulina‘s nerves, and she could feel herself begin to foam at the mouth at the flippant command.

“I’d rather stand, thanks,” she near-spat. She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at the young man, who turned a bored gaze on her.

“Why?” he asked lazily.

“Because it hurts to sit,” Paulina answered, wincing when she tried to stand with her legs closer together.

“I think you can manage. Have a seat.”

“I said it fucking hurts.” Paulina could feel her teeth gnashing together in an attempt not to lose her temper, something she rarely did, and regretted every time.

“And I said I don’t give a fuck. Sit your ass down.” Mikey continued cooking eggs, the sizzling sound of the pan on the stove sounding like her own frustration manifesting, seemingly getting louder and louder, until the girl thought she’d just split in half.

“No.” Paulina cocked her hip and her eyebrows shot up to her hairline, almost a challenge to Mikey.

“You wanna get the shit beat out of you?” Mikey said, his voice rising in volume.

“I’d like to see you try, you twig!” Paulina marched up to him and yelled in his face. Both hands at her waist, hip cocked, eyebrows raised; the girl was begging for a fight.

“I don’t have to try at all! There’s nothing you can do to me! I fucking own you! Now sit down and shut the fuck up before I make you!” He leaned over the smaller girl and yanked a chair out from under the table, its wooden legs scraping the floor loudly.

“You fucking sit down and shut up! I am so sick and tired of you, of all of this! Kiss my ass!” Paulina spun on her heel and began to walk out of the kitchen, barely able to see past the slits her eyes had become. She didn’t expect to get far, however, and she was right. She heard Mikey stalking angrily after her, yelling.

“You take one God damn step out that doorway and you’ll never see the light of day again, do you hear me? I will fucking end you, you little bitch!” Paulina was ready when she felt Mikey’s hand fall heavily on her shoulder, wrenching her backward and turning her roughly back around. Before he could get another word in, Mikey’s face befell the fate of Paulina’s fist slamming into his cheek, knocking him slightly sideways with the force she’d used. Before he could regain his composure, the girl lunged, both of them falling to the floor, Paulina’s fingers around Mikey’s throat.

“You’re gonna kill me? Fine! I’ll see you in hell, you bastard!” It didn’t take much effort for Mikey to sit up and spring forward, Paulina falling back, being pinned beneath the larger man who mimicked her motions, trying to strangle her. He was much stronger.

“I’d like to see that happen, bitch! No fucking way! I’ll fucking kill you!” Paulina flung her arms out to either side, fingers scrambling on the tiled floor, nails scraping against the grout, clamoring for anything she could use as a weapon. She couldn’t breathe, and the only noises she could make were throaty gurgles squeezing out of her throat.

They had fallen right near the stove, underneath which was a drawer for keeping pots and pans. Paulina’s fingertips closed around the handle of the drawer, yanking it open and plunging inside for the first object she could close her hand around.

The metal muffin pan collided with the side of Mikey’s head, knocking him sideways off of Paulina. She scrambled to her feet and ran to the sink, trying to get a knife out that she knew was in there and would hurt. Before she could get a grip on it, however, arms wrapped tightly around her waist and pulled her back, throwing her at the wall. She caught herself and raised the pan, swinging it once more to collide with Mikey. It only caught him in the stomach, but he managed to grab it and wrench it from the girl’s grasp, tossing it to the floor. In retaliation, Paulina’s hand flew up to Mikey’s face, snatching his glasses clean off. Without waiting for him to respond, Paulina snapped the frames between her fingers, throwing the halves to the floor and grinding them with her shoe.

“You bitch!” he snarled, grabbing Paulina’s arm and trying to drag her out of the kitchen, probably to kill her, or bury her alive in the yard. The girl’s arm shot out, her nails scraping four long, red lines down the man’s face, causing him to recoil and release her arm. However, a blind punch sent the girl reeling, her cheek and jaw aching.

“Bastard!” she gasped, cradling her face. Mikey advanced, hand grasping the girl’s throat, fingers closing around it. He kept pushing her back until Paulina was pinned against the wall by her throat, clawing at her assailant’s hands, but to no avail. He slid his arm up, lifting the tiny girl from the ground, her feet kicking out. She gasped for air and kept kicking, Mikey managing to stay just out range. However, one high, wild attempt caught the taller man right in the groin, causing him to crumple to the floor in agony.

“Bitch!” he managed to murmur, jaw slack, eyes wide and tearing with pain. One feeble leg swipe sent Paulina crashing to the ground as well, her shins having been knocked out from under her. She jumped on Mikey, trying to pin him to the floor, but even in his weakened state, he was putting up a fight.

“Hey! Call it off, call it off!” Two pairs of footsteps came pounding down the stairs, rushing into the parlor, where the fight had taken Mikey and Paulina. Bob lifted Paulina away from Mikey, kicking and screaming, setting her on the ground but restraining her struggling arms easily to keep her from attacking again. Gerard was helping Mikey off the floor, gently easing him up.

“Thanks for the help, guys,” he spat bitterly, glaring at Paulina.

“What happened?” Gerard asked, getting a better look at Mikey’s face and admiring the blood-beaded sores.

“She fucking started it!” Mikey yelled, throwing an accusing arm out toward Paulina, who just sneered.

“She fucking started it!” she mocked, tipping her head from side to side. “Fuck you! It’s your fucking fault, bastard!”

“I don’t give a shit who started it!” Bob said, tightening his grip. “Just stop acting like children. Both of you!” he added, glaring at Mikey, who scowled.

“Fucking bitch, broke my fucking glasses,” he began muttering angrily to himself as he and Gerard walked back into the kitchen to clean up.

“Just curious,” Bob said a few minutes later as he used a nail file to extract any of Mikey’s skin or blood that Paulina may have gotten under her fingernails when she scratched him. “Why did you start a fight that you obviously weren’t going to win?”

Paulina shrugged. “I guess I wasn’t hungry.”


“Paulina, dear…” Mrs. James cooed, coaxing her daughter out of sleep. “Paulina…”

“Wake up, birdy!” her father sang from the driver’s seat. “We’re here,” he said when the girl finally opened her eyes. She yawned and sat up. She’d been having such a lovely dream. She wished she didn’t have to wake up. She looked out the window at the campus.

“Wow,” she said, letting her gaze linger on a few of the students that roamed the grounds, chatting, laughing. And none of them knew her. It was a comforting thought. “I can’t believe it.”

“Me either,” Mrs. James said wistfully, looking at her daughter. “It seems like just yesterday we were taking you home from the hospital, wrapped up in that little yellow blanket--”

“Mom,” Paulina said, feeling an uncharacteristic rush of affection for her mother. “I know. But…you know, it happens.” She offered a smile, which her mother accepted, as she didn’t get many of those, anymore.

“I know, but…I just wish time could slow down a little, is all.”

“Me too,” Paulina said quietly as the family of three began unpacking her things from the trunk of the car.



Was bored. Figured I'd give a short update before going to bed. I was begging my brain for some action in these flashbacks. They were beginning to bore me. Anywho, I know, this is hardly a chapter, pretty much just a flashback, but hey, at least it's something, right? Just one more chapter to prolong and yet bring us that much closer to the end, eh? Something to think about. Anywho, I'm very tired, so I'll be getting to bed now. I'll probably see you sometime after this weekend, since I won't have a lot of time on my hands Friday or Saturday, and I probably just won't feel like writing on Sunday. So...yeah. Go comment/rate/subscribe and I'll see if I can get to work on a new chap. OverAndOutxx
Sign up to rate and review this story