Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

Counting The Days

by -impervius 2 reviews

An unexpected visitor.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-12-03 - Updated: 2010-12-03 - 889 words - Complete

1Funny
On a warm August evening, Frank Iero was lying on the sofa in the living room of the apartment he shared with Abbey Talent. He was quietly flicking through the pages of some unnamed rock music magazine, investigating an article reviewing My Chemical Romance’s new album, The Black Parade. As he laughed and shook his head at a particularly rude critique of their first single, in which the writer criticised Gerard’s vocal abilities and labelled his and Ray Toro’s combined effort on the guitars as “a cheap rip-off of rock legends Queen” there came a knock at the door. He looked to Abbey’s bedroom door and as he heard no stirring on the other side of the wall, he presumed she was still napping. Stashing away the magazine so as not to appear to be reading self-indulgently about his own band, he rose from the sofa and made his way to the door, which he swiftly opened.

Before Frank stood one of his best friends in the whole world, Gerard. Gerard looked slightly dishevelled and was panting as if he’d forgotten to take the elevator and ran up all the flights of stairs to this particular apartment. ‘I’m sick of it, Frankie.’ He panted.
Frank frowned. ‘Sick of what?’
‘Of her avoiding me. Is she done with me? Is that what this is?’
‘She’s just trying to wrap her head around things, man. Stop stressing.’
Gerard shook his head, refusing to take his friend’s advice. He pushed his way past Frank and turned back to him.‘I have to see her. Is she here? I need to know that I haven’t done something wrong, and I can’t sit at home waiting for her to call me back because I’m starting to think she never will.’

Frank felt inexplicably terrible for his friend so he moved over to Abbey’s door and opened it a crack. She was softly snoring on her bed. He held up his finger to Gerard, indicating that he should wait, and entered her bedroom, shutting the door quietly behind him. Frank sat lightly down upon the bed, and prodded the sleeping girl. She stirred slightly. ‘I don’t care what we have for dinner Frankie, just make sure there’s a shitload of tofu in it, I keep having cravings.’
‘It’s not that babe.’
She opened her eyes and squinted at him. ‘What is it?’ She asked groggily.
‘Gerard’s here. He wants to see you. Please let him in,’ he begged. ‘He’s a mess. Just let him talk to you.’
She slowly nodded. Frank smiled gratefully at her and returned to the door. He opened it and ushered Gerard into the room.

Abbey slowly sat up and watched as Frank closed the door and Gerard sat on the end of the bed. They sat in silence for a while. ‘So I’ve been trying to call you,’ Gerard said softly.
‘I’ve needed time,’ she replied, equally quiet. They lapsed back into silence.
‘Can you just tell me if I’ve lost my chance?’ Gerard suddenly asked forcefully. ‘I can’t wait around like this anymore. I told you I couldn’t wait forever and I –’ Gerard was unable to finish his sentence, as he was interrupted by Abbey’s mouth on his. He immediately found it incredibly difficult to remember why he had been so frustrated five seconds ago and pulled Abbey on top of his lap as he kissed her. He tangled his fingers in her hair as she clung to his neck. They pulled apart briefly to survey each other for a moment. ‘Does this mean –’ Gerard began.
‘Shut up.’ Abbey said in a husky voice, and pulled him back to her. They were so wrapped around each other they did not notice the door open until a voice spoke.
‘You said you wanted tofu right? Because I’m on the phone to Thao Th –’ Nobody seemed to be completing their sentences tonight. Gerard and Abbey stopped kissing and turned to see Frank standing with the phone in his hand and a priceless look on his face. ‘Well, then,’ he said cockily, recovering from shock quickly. ‘I was going to ask you what you wanted to eat, but it appears you’re already enjoying quite the meal.’ The couple stared at him as he wiggled his eyebrows and exited the room.

The atmosphere suddenly felt slightly awkward. Abbey got off Gerard’s lap and sat next to him as they both pondered how to proceed. ‘I was actually going to call you tonight,’ Abbey began, quietly. ‘I was thinking, maybe you and I could go on a date and see how that goes. If you’ll have me, that is.’
‘Are you fucking kidding?’ Gerard responded immediately. ‘Of course I wanna go on a date with you, you crazy girl.’ He moved across and kissed her on the cheek. ‘This weekend?’ He asked, smiling.
‘This weekend.’ She nodded. Suddenly, an excited voice screamed from the other side of the door. Apparently, Frank was the most excited out of everyone for this coming weekend.

-------
Feedback, anyone? Who's excited for the next chapter? I know I am!
Rate and review please, I appreciate it more than I can say.
Sign up to rate and review this story