Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Pride of Gryffindor

CHAIN OF REVENGE

by Quillian 0 reviews

Our new bad guy gets some more revenge...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Published: 2005-05-18 - Updated: 2005-05-18 - 1118 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.



CHAPTER 7: CHAIN OF REVENGE

The next morning, the young man read the story in the newspaper and on television about the abuse going on at the orphanage and the old caretaker's mysterious murder. He honestly couldn't help but smile throughout the whole thing. 'Oh, whatever is the world coming too?' he thought sarcastically.

He was currently staying at one of the best hotels in the city, and his room was currently acting as his "home base" for his brief stay in France as he went looking for the head of the orphanage and the old couple who had abandoned him. Well, the head of the orphanage was now dead and gone, so that left the old couple.



It was a bright day even with gray clouds creeping over the horizon, and on this farm in the south of France, an not-so-elderly man was rounding up his cattle and driving them back to the barn while his wife was making lunch.

Standing next to a tree on the far edge of their property, the young man watched them with telescopic vision, thanks to a new device he created. 'Let them eat,' he thought, unconcerned. 'Every guilty and condemned person does deserve a last meal, after all.'

Nearly an hour later, as they were cleaning up, the young man took that as his cue to move in.



Ten minutes after the young man slipped into the house through the back door, the cowardly couple fled from this blast from their past. As they hurried to their car, the young man tantalizingly shot sparks of lightning at the ground right behind his quarries, just to antagonize them.

As the car roared to life and zoomed away, the young man summoned up an orb of energy with his electrocuting glove when an unexpected thing happened.

Without warning, the car suddenly veered off the dirt road to one side and crashed into a trench with a sickening crunch.

'Well,' the young man thought, harmlessly releasing the energy he was just gathering, 'That just made my job a lot easier.'

He couldn't deny that this didn't make it worth his time; he got to say what he wanted to the couple (mainly calling them hypocrites and cowards, among other things). He then subjected the old couple to a few of his memories from that atrocious orphanage; he then got cut off as the couple's dog came up and bit him. In the few moments that followed, in which he disabled the wretched animal, the couple managed to get to their car, hence the short chase that followed.

Going back inside the house, the young man took a look around. He was just glancing at some pictures above the mantle in the living room when-

It couldn't be!

The couple was standing in a photograph with an older man in front of a scientific research facility. This old man, strangely enough, haunted his dreams even more than the wretched caretaker and the orphanage.

Apart from the last time this man ever saw his parents, there was one other specific memory from that time period which he remembered all too well. That wretched old man once visited the couple in charge of him on one occasion. From another room, the young man (then only a boy) could hear the old man convincing the couple to get rid of him for reasons he couldn't hear (the old man then whispered those reasons).

It was the name tag on the old man's clothes in the picture which made the young man decide not to kill him too. By sheer coincidence, he had heard of this man for his scientific knowledge and reputation, and then decided to go looking for him. He had no idea the scientist and elderly friend of the couple were one and the same.

'Well, this just made things a lot easier. Not to mention more /interesting/...'


A couple of days later, the scientist was sitting in his office, working busily as sunlight came in through his office window.

The next moment, it was suddenly pitch black; he couldn't see a thing!

"What's happened?" he exclaimed, rubbing his eyes, fearing something had gone wrong with his sight.

The next moment, his sight returned, but now there were two very obvious and significant differences. The blinds were now pulled down over the window, and a young man with this seemingly dark aura around him was standing in front of his desk.

"Who are you!?" he exclaimed, jumping out of his seat in a panic.

"Someone you managed to condemn to an awful orphanage for nearly a decade when he was only a boy," he said in a cold voice, those blue eyes boring into the old man's. "You managed to convince a couple charged with taking care of me to abandon me at an orphanage where the caretaker abused and hurt me. Have you heard what's happened to them lately?"

The scientist's analytical mind clicked when he understood the connections between himself and three other people. He had heard about what happened to them too.

However, the scientist wouldn't let this stop the visitor.

"You came from an awful family who -" he started to say defiantly.

"I did not choose to be born to," the visitor cut him off with glacial coldness. "And you call yourself a scientist? Whatever happened to the 'nature vs. nurture' argument?"

That pretty much killed off the scientist's argument.

"I can call security," he then threatened.

The visitor laughed darkly. "We both know I have the means of taking care of that and have already done that."

The scientist was now screwed. Begging for mercy was now his last resort, and he knew it.

"Are you going to kill me?" he asked in a small voice.

A truly cold and evil smile crept across the visitor's face. "No. It turns out I need you for some particular... /endeavors/. Although by the time all is done..."

Here the young man let that dangle, and then moved closer so his face was less than a foot away from the scientist's, before finishing his statement.

"...I'll make you wish you were dead."



TBC...

A/N: Now things are getting more interesting, aren't they?

Also, sorry for the delay; I just wanted to see and make sure where this story was going before I wrote any more of it.

As for our new bad guy, this is the last you'll see of him for a while.

Oh, and by the way, next chapter, we see what Snape's been up to... -//Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story