Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Pride of Gryffindor

PATH OF REVENGE

by Quillian 0 reviews

Our new nameless bad guy gets some revenge...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Published: 2005-05-18 - Updated: 2005-05-18 - 916 words

1Original
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.



CHAPTER 5: PATH OF REVENGE

The young man entered the office of the wretched old caretaker. The elderly but blatantly wicked man looked up from the money he was counting.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" he sneered.

"My name is immaterial and I am here to do business."

The old man sneered even more. "Why, which ugly monster are you here to see?"

'How ironic that he should so accurately describe himself like that,' the younger man mused. "You."

The old man fumbled with his money before he finally and wisely decided to put it away before looking up to face this mysterious visitor.

"I beg your pardon?"

The visitor cast off his cloak, revealing a handsome face, dark hair and blue eyes. "Do you recognize me?" he whispered.

The crooked old man observed the visitor's face for a moment before slowly shaking his head in the negative. However, somewhere in the innermost recesses of his mind, some sort of memory appeared like a small flickering flame...

The visitor lowered the collar of his coat to reveal a thin red line on the middle of his neck. "You would surely remember this, perhaps?"

The old man was now praying to every deity he could think of or had ever heard of that this was not the same person he thought it was...

After putting the collar back in its original position, a small fire seemed to glow in the visitor's eyes as a small smirk formed on his face. "So you do remember," he supplied slyly. "I sort of imagined it would be hard to remember, what with the sheer number of small children you've taken in and undoubtedly beaten over the years. That nasty little scar, I believe, was from a whip you were swinging around wildly one Christmas after you got drunk. Or were you actually that drunk? Either way, you always were a bloody sadist..."

The last words were ground out with a growl that made the old man jump out of his seat and flatten himself against the wall behind him. Encouraged and feeling his anger all come out, the visitor took this as his cue to advance on his former superior.

"You tell the people abandoning the children you'll need a thousand or so francs to feed the children being left here, and yet somehow all that money finds its way into your finances." Here he eyed the money stuffed away, which he had previously seen, before continuing, "You beat the children for your own sheer amusement, starve them and slave them." Here his voice became deathly quiet. "And I was once one of those poor, innocent children..."

The old man nearly wet himself at this point.

"If you do anything, people will know," the cowardly old fool threatened, gesturing towards the open window, which displayed a courtyard with frightened children hovering around with a few other mean adults watching them.

This made no difference to the visitor, who merely took out his wand and magically sealed the door and window, put a Silencing Charm on the whole room, and closed the curtain.

"Problem solved," he said with a cheerful grin, pocketing his wand.

This only added to the fear and terror of the old man, who desperately willed himself not to let his bladder give way.

"Please, take whatever you want, I'll do anything," he begged.

'How pathetic,' the visitor thought. "Hmmm... maybe I'll just take my information which I came here for... and you take a one-way trip to the afterlife, so you can explain to the parents and relatives of every child that was ever under your control exactly why you did those heinous things."

Reaching into his cloak, he now donned a sleek black glove with silver linings running in patterns on it.

Baffled, the old man stared at the glove as the visitor flexed his fingers, but went back to downright frightened when electricity started cackling up and down his hand, even producing a couple of sparks.

"No, /please/..." the old man moaned.

"Too late," the visitor smirked, closing the gap between them by lunging with his gloved hand. "Au revoir."

If it weren't for the Silencing Charm on the entire room, everyone at the orphanage would have heard the mean old man's screams of agony.

After finishing the task a minute later, the visitor turned away from the old man's slightly smoking body and got down to business.

First of all, the visitor found the documents he was looking for. Next, he got together all the stolen money and incriminating documents. Finally, he made a phone call to the police. He reported all the abuse that was taking place at the orphanage.

When asked about the caretaker in charge of the orphanage, he laughed lightly and simply replied in a happy mood, "I killed him."

Before the person on the other end could say anymore, the visitor wished her farewell, hung up the phone, and activated a Portkey he took out of his cloak, taking with him the vital information he came for.



TBC...

Note about the whole orphanage thing: If you liked this kind of thing, you really ought to read the AU fics by Dauphin and Rayvern, where Harry is left in an orphanage.

Note about the glove: What did you guys think of that device?

On a happier note: The chapters are getting longer again, hooray/... /-Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story