Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Pride of Gryffindor

BITTER PAST

by Quillian 0 reviews

We see some bit more about our new bad guy...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Published: 2005-05-18 - Updated: 2005-05-18 - 441 words

1Original
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.



CHAPTER 3: BITTER PAST

The young man walked down a busy European street, the collar of his coat turned up and a hat covering his head to show as little of his face as possible. He wound his way through the other pedestrians, and managed to draw as little attention to himself as possible.

Perfect.

As he walked, his thoughts continued to dwell on the abominable people known as Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter. Those two wizards and their damnable friends and allies managed to first suppress his parents and family, and then kill them just recently.

'All that hard research, all for nothing,' he thought miserably with a scowl.

At the age of three, his parents had left him with an obscure couple before they disappeared and carried out their work.

Even now, this man could still remember his father giving him a warm hug and his mother kissing him on the forehead, both of them telling him to hang in there, and soon enough, they would be reunited again.

"We love you son, always remember that."

That would be the last time he ever saw them.

One day, when he was four years old, little Harry Potter defeated Voldemort for the first time, thus ending the first war. Later on, when the couple charged with his care discovered more about his parents, they immediately dumped him off in an orphanage, hoping to never see him again.

That orphanage was brutal; he was constantly beaten and starved. The Darwinian phrase "survival of the fittest," came to his mind whenever he thought about it these days.

A cold smirk formed on his face. How that would happen again today, but this time the one dependant on survival would be his old caretaker, and not /him/.

He vowed several times never to return to that nasty orphanage, but it turned out he had no choice. The orphanage kept records of which adults abandoned which children, and he needed those records. Well, sure, he could have had one of his grunts get it for him, but this was a task he wanted to take care of /personally/.

After taking revenge at that old bastard of a caretaker, he would find the information he needed, which would lead to a far greater revenge against more responsible people.

The pair of people themselves that abandoned him...



TBC...

So, what do you guys think now?

Oh, and by the way, this guy's identity will be revealed relatively soon, and not at the end of the book. And I can promise you all that when it does happen, it will be a shocker... -Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story