Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Pride of Gryffindor

EVIL IS LIKE A PHOENIX

by Quillian 1 review

Sequel to my first fic, "The Heir of Gryffindor"! After Voldemort is finally vanquished, it leaves space open for a new power to arise...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-05-17 - Updated: 2005-05-17 - 501 words

1Original
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter, etc.; all that belongs to J.K. Rowling and other people. All fictional elements shown are of my own imagination unless otherwise noted, in which case they have been borrowed by other writers with their consent and are cited for reference. Any resemblance to other HP fanfiction stories is purely coincidental (and the likelihood of that is /low/, since most of the ideas in this are my own, which you'll see as the story goes on).

Summary: This is a sequel to my first (and controversial) fic, "The Heir of Gryffindor," a 6th year fic. This takes place after that, ranging from his 7th year to when his children start going to Hogwarts. You don't have to have read HoG before you read this, although it would be fun to do so, and it might help explain some things.

Rating: PG-13

Genre(s): Action/Adventure, Suspense

Length: I have no clue; probably about 100 chapters, maybe more.



/THE PRIDE OF GRYFFINDOR/

By Quillian

(Formerly Kraeg001)



Respects and thanks due to Draco664, whose hilarious story "Snape's Worst Nightmare" inspired some concepts here, namely all those Potter and Weasley children.

Respects and thanks also due to the great novelist Dan Brown, whose brilliant novels /Digital Fortress, Angels & Demons, Deception Point, /and The Da Vinci Code inspired some of the writing style in this work, plus other little things here and there.



CHAPTER 1: EVIL IS LIKE A PHOENIX

In a hidden fortress far out to sea (not unlike old Azkaban, which was several hundred miles away), a young man in his late teens went over schematics. He was the last of a well-known family of traditionally Dark wizards, although no one may have guessed that, given the layout of his lair.

Half of this room he was currently in was filled with magically objects (mostly Dark ones), and the other half contained high-tech Muggle devices, such as computers and other lab equipment.

This wizard had plans for doing what Voldemort failed over to do: Taking over the world (or at least Great Britain), and recreate the world as he saw fit. However, whereas Voldemort was a staunch pureblooded bigot who despised everything and anything Muggle, this young wizard knew that the old, narrow-minded ways were dying out, and it didn't hurt to utilize new means and methods of doing the same things.

And with Voldemort killed by Harry Potter only a few days before, the door was left wide open for a new power to arise.

For a moment, this young man contemplated both Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter, not to mention their throngs of friends and allies. He shook his head; no, that would not be a problem. They might be powerful, but they had no knowledge of the young man's plans, let alone his very existence.

The wizarding world would learn soon enough that evil is like a phoenix: It never dies...



TBC...

So, how's this for a start? -Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story