Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Aftermath

EPILOGUE

by Quillian 0 reviews

Wrapping it all up...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Colossus, Cyclops, Jean, Magneto, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Shadowcat, X23, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-04-10 - Updated: 2006-04-11 - 399 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See the Prologue.

SPECIAL DISCLAIMER: See the Prologue.

Special A/N: Actually, before I close this up, I just remembered something: I want to dedicate this to the great Dzeytoun, whose fanfic "Daddy's Favorite" inspired this fic with each chapter being something written in the first person from the point of view of one of the characters. At the same time, I would also like to thank my good friend Alara Moonrunner for supplying me with her tidbit of wisdom about how people who are stuck in history not getting anywhere.


EPILOGUE

As night finally took over the end of the day, the dark blue sky glittered with the splendor of the stars.

It was also now midnight.

It had also been midnight when they had all been attacked and so many of them had been killed.

It had taken the longest time for them to stop staying awake until midnight before finally going to sleep, reassured that they weren't going to be attacked again. Only recently did the occupants of the institute go to sleep at what was considered a reasonable time.

It was especially hard when figurative ghosts occupied the place.

On one hand, it had often been said that those who didn't learn from the lessons of history were doomed to repeat them. And yet, at the same time, those who were stuck in said history got nowhere.

They had all learned from recent events which would one day be important history.

They had all learned that the world could be a very difficult place to live in, not to mention sometimes dangerous as well. And yet, at the same time, they had also learned that there was more hope for mutants in the world than they realized. All in all, they had learned to approach life and the world they lived in with a balance of hope and caution.

As they all slept, they all had thoughts in their heads... some dreams, some nightmares... some hopes, some fears...

Both humans and mutants could only learn from their mistakes and try to move on.

What happened was a lesson which would never be forgotten... not so long as they made sure of that.


A/N: Well, the end is here... so what did you guys think of it?

Yeah, now I'm finally done with this fic! Now I can get back to other things... -Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story