Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Achieving Clarity

Yuletide in Ottery St. Catchpole

by PerfesserN

Rating Changed. Harry spends the first part of his Yule Holiday with Luna, where they get very close. Warning: some readers may be squicked by parts of this chapter.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Luna - Warnings: [!] [X] [?] - Published: 2009-04-29 - Updated: 2009-04-30 - 4418 words

?Blocked
Chapter 5 - Yuletide in Ottery St. Catchpole

Harry and Luna shrank their trunks so that each was about the size of a pack of cards, secreted their wands in forearm holsters, and then walked, hand in hand, out of Kings Cross heading for the Alley.

Turning left onto Pancras Road, Harry smiled. Marks and Spencer was right there, and for the first time in his life he had loved ones to buy prezzies for and the money to make it happen.

He led Luna into her first department store.

"Harry, it's so, so..."

"Big?"

She nodded, "And bright and loud and," a customer begged pardon as she squeezed by with bags full of purchases,"crowded!"

"Luna, you do know muggles outnumber us about a thousand to one, don't you?"

They were offered samples of perfumes, holiday snacks of every description, ribbon candy, toffees of every description, Belgian chocolates, shortbreads and Nutella.

Luna's expression went dreamy and Harry thought, "Uh, oh."

"So much bounty, so many things to buy and no one selling is in any way involved in the process of making the goods."

"Yeah, that pretty well sums up a department store." Harry agreed.

"These trainers," she says, picking up a pair of something with a swoosh on the side, "Who made them, where is the shoemaker?"

"I dunno, Luna, the label says Product of Viet Nam."

"And who is Viet Nam? I've never heard of him, is his workshop near here?"

"Viet Nam is a country, Luna, on the other side of the world."

"So where is the love?"

"I don't follow you."

"Try to understand, Harry. A baker bakes bread or biscuits with his own hands, he loves what he does and it comes through in the baked goods."

"Okay."

"These shoes are made by people who don't know who will buy and wear them."

She placed the trainers back on the table and said, "Please, take me home, Harry."

He nodded and led her back into the city where they quickly found their way to Diagon Alley.

In London's magical quarter the Yuletide was in full swing. All the shops sparkled with fairy lights, and the streets of Diagon Alley had been transfigured into an open air market where vendors offered trinkets, scarves and shawls, alongside hot chestnuts, oranges and cider.

A rosy cheeked cherub of a man wrapped in a muffler stood in front of his stall, which proudly claimed to be, Johnny's Best Cider.

"You two young loves are in need of a drop of holiday cheer, whot? Why not try some cider with a bit o' kick, eh mate, eh miss?" the cider man asked with a wink.

Luna asked the vendor, "How do you make your cider, sir?"

"Just Johnny, miss, like the feller with the apple seeds. I'm glad you asked me that, miss. Me ol granddad, he's got this orchard, ten miles north o' Devon, down south. An he tells me when the apples is nigh on ripe. Then we picks through the bushels, pulls out any too green or too far gone, and vat only the best. Them we lets ripen up for five days.

"Then we put the pick o' the apples in the water-wheel scratcher and the East Lyn makes pommy outta them. Then we resets the water wheel as a pack press and the cider comes outta that."

Harry was surprised, "You don't use magic?"

Johnny, the cider vendor, looked scandalized, "Never, mate! Here, try this."

Johnny picked a fresh apple from a bushel basket, dropped the fruit in a tumbler and pointed his wand at it. A second later he was holding a glass, half full of magically squeezed apple juice.

He handed it to Harry, who sipped it and shrugged, "Not bad."

Then the vendor un-corked a jug of Johnny's Best and poured Harry another sample.

"Now, try this one, mate!"

One sip and Harry grinned broadly, "This is brilliant!"

The vendor lowered his voice and said,"Me granddad, he's a muggle, see. He don't know from magic. He don't even know he's got wizards in his family, but he knows apples."

"Do you deliver?" Harry asked.

"Any time, anywhere, mate." Johnny produced a pad and pencil, an ordinary pencil, "Just need the address and I'll have as many jugs o' Yuletide cheer as the lord of the manor kin stand."

Harry gave Johnny Hermione's parent's address, as well as the Burrow, and Xeno's tower, the Longbottom estates and a jug each to his favorite professors care of Hogwarts.

"Home for the hols then mister..."

"Potter, Harry Potter."

The man was gob-smacked, "No, are you really?"

Harry hated his fame but he grinned at Johnny and lifted the fringe off his forehead, revealing the famous scar.

"How much?"

"Tosh, not a knut, mate!"

"Johnny, you've got to make a living, here, he insisted, handing over a handful of galleons."

"And if you think it'll help," he added,"You can tell your customers that Harry Potter thinks Johnny's Best is brilliant!"

The vendor sat down and looked around at his small stall.

"Cor, I'm gonna need a bigger stall."Then he smiled up at Harry, "an a lot more apples!"

They all shared a laugh and a glass of the Bit o' Kick to seal Harry's first product endorsement.

Walking away from the street market Harry smiled.

"I get it, Luna. Johnny makes cider because it's in his blood, his family has squeezed apples for generations, it's what he knows and loves, and it comes out in every sip."

"Find what you love to do, do it, and you'll never work a day in your life." Luna said, hugging his arm.

"I love you, Luna."

"Yes, but can you do me for a living?" she said with a saucy grin.

"Hmmmmmm, living on love..."

"Come on, Harry, let's find a floo."

)O(

They arrived at Xeno's Tower in a tangle of limbs and fireplace ash. Harry had egg on his face and in his hair.

"Okay, Harry, next time we'll go through one at a time."

"And leave the eggs behind." He groused.

"It seemed like such a good idea."

Tom, the barman at the Leaky Cauldron, had overheard Harry complaining about floo travel, how he always wound up arse over teakettle whenever he traveled that way.

"Here," the barman had said, "hold this in the palm of your hand, concentrate on keeping the egg safe, and you won't even know you've arrived. Go on, try it."

"He might have mentioned that it's a bad idea for two people to go through at the same time." Harry said.

"Well, there was a scrum forming and we were taking up their time."

"I could do with a shower."

"Up the stair, first floor."

"Which door."

"No door, the first floor is the bathroom, water closet and shower."

"The whole floor?"

Luna smiled and nodded.

"And the guest room?"

"Ground floor. We have a fold-out daybed."

"Wait, isn't the ground floor the same as the first floor?"

"No, think, first floor up and that makes this the ground floor.

"Is there a basement?"

Luna smiles, "That's the first floor down."

"Is there a second floor down?"

"We're not quite sure." Luna said, matter of factly.

"How can you not be sure, isn't this your home?"

"Oh yes, but no one has opened that door in the first floor down in four generations. Who knows what might be below down there?"

"I'll just head up to the first floor then."

"Here, Harry, let me have your trunk and I'll set out some clothes for you."

Harry reached into his jeans pocket and handed over his miniature trunk.

"Thanks, love."

She smiled at the spontaneous endearment.

Harry climbed the stair and found that the first floor up was indeed the bathroom. The whole floor was done in white tile, floor to ceiling, with six sinks lining one part of the circular wall and four cubicles along another. An odd looking shower "tree" stood in the center of the round room, with half a dozen nozzles all pointing away from each other. Equidistant between the cubicles and the sinks was a huge, kidney-shaped tub, large enough for five or six people. All around the tub were faucets similar to the one's he'd seen in the prefect's bathroom back at Hogwarts.

Harry called down, "I think I'll have a bath, fancy a soak?"

Luna smiled; she'd already known he'd want to enjoy the great communal tub, and was climbing the stair when he'd called down. She stood on the top step, admiring her boyfriend's bare backside.

Some of the faucets had scented water, and some had bubbles. Harry turned them all on so that the tub filled quickly. He groaned sinking into the hot, sudsy welcoming water.

"Care for some company?"

Harry looked through half-lidded eyes at a slightly out of focus Luna.

"Love some."

Luna quickly stripped and stepped into the water.

"Oh, Harry, this is just how I like my water, just shy of boil-a-lobster."

Harry nodded in agreement, "I learned to appreciate the qualities of a hot bath the first time I ever played Quidditch, I remember hurting in places I didn't know I had."

Luna slid over to where Harry was luxuriating and handed him his glasses.

"You can't see my breasts if you can't see." She said, smiling. "I've charmed them so they won't fog either."

"What, your breasts?"

"No, silly. Your glasses, as if!"

He put them on and smiled. Luna's small breasts, half-concealed by bubbles and buoyed as they were by the water were pointing straight away from her body.

Harry felt himself reacting as any teenage boy would who found himself in the company of a beautiful, naked girl.

He drew her close for a kiss and she straddled his hips, much the same way Hermione had in the luggage compartment on the Yule Express, only this time there was no pesky underwear between them.

They both groaned as the cleft of her vulva pushed against his erection.

"Oh, Luna - I, uh, Luna?"

"Yes Harry?"

"I don't remember the bubbles being pink."

"What?"

She looked down, then parted the layer of bubbles with her hands and groaned.

A reddish-pink cloud was drifting up from her nether regions.

"Oh...Shite!" she groused, "Of all the lousy, bugger-all times, I have to have my period now?"

Harry sighed, "Oh well, I guess it happens."

"I'm sorry, Harry. I know you wanted to sleep with me tonight."

"I still want to sleep with you tonight, Luna love. We can do just that, sleep, and see how we like it."

"But doesn't this," she pointed to the spreading stain in the water, "doesn't this disgust you?"

"Not really, I know that it's just natures way of saying you're a woman, and I already knew that. Besides, think of how awkward it would have been if you'd started on the train."

Luna scrunched her nose at the image. "I need to take care of - this - you go ahead and take a shower and I'll meet you in my room, one flight up, the door to the left at the head of the stair.

Harry stepped out of the tub, the padded over to the shower where he rinsed off the bubbles, some of which were pinker than others, then shampooed his hair.

Wrapped in a soft, white towel he climbed to the nest floor and knocked twice on Luna's door.

"Come in, silly. You don't need to knock."

Luna's room was softly lit with inexhaustible candles; Harry could just make out a few details by the flickering light. There was a night stand on either side of her full-sized bed and his re-enlarged trunk snuggled next to hers at the foot of the bed.

Luna sat up, propped up on two pillows. She wore a simple pair of black knickers.

"I'm wearing a pad."

"I don't know what that means." Harry admitted.

"It's a thin pad in my knickers that vanishes blood and other stuff that I'll be leaking for the next three days or so."

"Oh," he said, nodding in understanding,"thank you for explaining it to me; it's not something my relatives would ever have told me about."

"The worst part is the cramps. They usually hit me the day after I start."

Harry opened his trunk, removed a pair of plain white boxers and slipped them on under the towel.

"You can forego the boxers if you want to, Harry."

"I'm already going to have, um, problems just sleeping with you as I am, if I were starkers it would be like trying to sleep with a flagpole."

Harry joined Luna in bed, covering them with a sheet and duvet.

"Chilly tonight." Luna said.

"Good excuse to cuddle then, isn't it?"

They settled down into her comforting bed and were soon asleep.

Luna woke with a groan, there was no light coming in from her window so she knew it was still the middle of the night.

"Ungh!"

"Luna?"

"Sorry, Harry. Cramps, oh shite!"

She lay on her side, her back to Harry, and whimpered piteously. He spooned up behind and wrapped his arms around her.

"I wish I could make the pain go away." He said, sympathetically.

"Thanks, I wish you could too."

Harry reached down and gently caressed her lower belly, murmuring words of comfort.

Magic has less to do with incantations, wand waving, and rituals than it does intent. Harry's intent, at this point in time, was to make the girl he loves feel better, to take away her pain.

In a very few moments, a much relieved Luna Lovegood was blissfully asleep.

Morning came and Luna dreaded the thought of getting up. The first morning of her monthlies usually hit her like a punch in the gut.

Harry's here with me, that's acomfort. Wait! Harry's with me, in my bed. His arms are around me. Oh, this is nice. I can definitely get used to this.

Oh Goddess, I know I should rejoice that my cycle mirrors that of Your Blessed Moon, but did you have to remind me of that now?

Are you sitting to breakfast with God and having a laugh at poor Luna's expense?

Ah well, I can see this will bind us closer together, Hermione as well, because the first time Harry ploughs our fields we'll all be together, blessed, blessed be.

Luna groaned at the thought of getting up to go to the loo.

"Luna?"

"Sorry, Harry. Did I keep you awake much?"

"No, not at all. I've never slept so well."

"Wait a moment, neither have I, not when I'm having my monthlies."

She tentatively sat up, and then slid out from under the warm covers to stand by the bed.

"No cramps!" she said, her normally wide eyes even wider in wonder and delight, "In fact, no pain at all."

"Well, that's good, innit?"

Luna looked down at the smiling, sleep tussled face of her wizard, "Oh, you have no idea. Time to be up and dressed. We have to go into Ottery St. Catchpole this morning."

"How about a morning kiss?"

"Gladly, Harry, just as soon as we've both brushed out teeth - the Rotfangs, who hate morning kisses, have been sabotaging our breath in the night and the only way to defeat them is to brush in the morning and after every meal."

Luna pulled Harry from the bed and together they went down to the bathroom to battle the Rotfang Conspiracy.

As soon as they'd rinsed the young couple came together for their first kiss of the day. Luna couldn't help but feel Harry's 'morning wood' pressing against her.

"Down boy!" Harry said, looking down at his tented boxers.

"We may not be able to couple, yet. But I have fingers and a mouth and a tongue, and I would like to try calm 'Little Harry' down, if I may."

"Little Harry?"

"Well," she said, giving him a squeeze, "maybe not little. How about 'Harry Junior'?"

"I would never name a child of mine Junior, let alone my block-and-tackle."

"How about 'Darling Harry'?"

"Too effete."

"I know, 'Prince Harry'?"

"We'll think about it."

"Well, think about it as we tend to the not-so-little prince." She said as she quite literally led Harry from the bathroom by his yet-to-be-named member.

Laying Harry back in bed, Luna peeled off his boxers and studied the springy specimen before her. "Hello, Not-so-little-Prince, I think I'll call you 'My Prince', after all, I know, someday My Prince will cum."

Harry groaned as Luna pulled back the foreskin and placed her hot, wet mouth over the bulbous head.

She pulled back with an audible 'pop'and said, "Tell me if I'm doing it right, I've never tried this before."

Harry just barely managed a coherent,"Feels right to me!" before he groaned as Luna engulfed half his erection in her mouth.

It may have been inexpert, but what Luna lacked in skill she more than made up for in enthusiasm. She crammed as much of Harry's member in her mouth as she could while simultaneously grasping its lower half.

"Lu-Luna, I - I'm gonna, I'm gonna."

She thought, He's going to spurt his stuff into my mouth if I let him, should I?

Harry groaned and released in Luna's mouth. She decided to taste his cum, then decide if she liked it or not. She swallowed the first couple of spurts, then let the rest geyser out of the end of his pulsing cock.

Not horrible, but not something I'd spread on a crisp. The most important thing is, Harry is satisfied.

Her wizard, in fact, was stroking her hair watching her with adoring eyes.

"Thank you, Luna; no one has ever done that for me before."

"Was I alright then?"

"You were perfect!" he said, drawing her up for a kiss, not caring if he tasted himself on her in the process.

She waved her wand to clean the milky-white spatters from his abdomen and the surrounding duvet, "Time to be dressed and off, Mister Potter."

Ottery St. Catchpole has a mixed muggle and magical community. Many of the residents are magical, with non-magical relatives. The muggles tend to ignore the occasional magical manifestation, reveling in their uniqueness.

Luna led Harry into the pub, which happened to be serving a proper English breakfast at the time, bangers and beans on toast with eggs cooked to order, coffee and tea. Harry got two orders and found a table near a window, Luna, surprisingly, went to the phone at the bar.

She paid for a call to Kensington.

"Hello, Granger Residence."

"Hello, Hermione, it's Luna."

"Luna! Is Harry with you, did you, you know last night?"

"No, we didn't, we decided to wait until you can join us."

"You're joking, tell me you're joking, you have him all to yourself!"

"Oh alright, we didn't because I started my period last night. In the tub. While Harry was with me!"

"No."

"Yes. It looked like a bloody shark attack on the telly."

"That is amazing."

"Annoying, more like."

"No. Amazing, because I started my period last night too."

Luna's smile came through the phone line, "Then we'll both be over and done with it when we get together on Boxing Day?"

"Yes, yes, YES!"

"We did sleep together, just sleep, but he cuddled me the whole night long."

There was a heavy sigh from Hermione's end, "Lucky bint!"

"Oh, you don't know the half of it, Hermione. Tell me, do you get cramps?"

"Sometimes, not often, but when I do it's bloody awful."

"Well I get them every month, without fail, and it is bloody awful. But when Harry wrapped his arms around me last night, something happened, and my cramps, which started off unpleasant, as usual, just went away. It's like the pain and cramps just evaporated."

There was a pregnant pause on Hermione's end. "Lets. Just. Keep that little bit to ourselves, shall we?"

Luna smiled, "You just don't want half the female students at Hogwarts after our wizard."

"Are you kidding? Remember half the female professors are of child bearing age."

)O(

Christmas morning at the burrow was araucous, messy affair with brightly colored paper littering the living room floor. Mr. Weasley was speechless at the gift of a set of socket wrenches, Mrs. Weasley received a trunk full of knitting patterns and enough yarn to keep the whole family in jumpers for years to come.

Luna handed Ron Lavender's presents. He opened the small box first and whistled as he saw the bracelet.

"This is amazing, it's like the one I..."

"Ahem!" Ginny interrupted.

"I mean, Ginny and I, got Lav for Christmas, only hers is nice and girly."

He opened the envelope and nearly fell out of his chair.

Harry asked, "What is it, mate?"

"Chud, chud, chud..."

Luna filled in the rest, "Season's tickets to the Chudley Cannon's home games, permanent season's tickets. Right in front of the goal hoops."

"Chud, chud, chud..."

Harry smiled, "Good on you, mate. Looks like Lavender's got you down."

As they sat to dinner the wayward Weasley, Percy, knocked on the door, in the company of Rufus Scrimgeour, Minister of Magic.

When Scrimgeour singled Harry out for'directions' Luna accompanied them.

"I'm sorry Miss, but I only need Harry."

"I'm sorry Minister, but I need him more."

"Please go inside, girl, and don't be rude."

Harry was one degree short of a boil when Luna said, "If I go inside, Harry will reject, out of hand, anything you might suggest. You came here specifically to see Harry. You've already lied to him once, and we all know it. Your premise for visiting the Weasley's is thin at best. You need Harry far more than he needs you, Minister. Show us that you are worthy of our trust, and we'll try to support you, or," and Luna took Harry's hand, "we'll just be on our way."

"I - I understand, Harry, that you are interested in becoming an auror..."

"I'm sorry, Minister, but Harry will not respond to implied favors; simply tell him what you want him to do."

"I, uh, I need you to endorse my administration."

"Will you grant three simple requests?" Luna asked.

"Depends on the requests, Miss."

"First, legitimize Potter's Commandos, let them have the same status as the Order of the Phoenix, a ministry sanctioned paramilitary organization.

"Second, lower the legal age for the use of magic outside of the school, seventeen is an arbitrary number at best, and you need trained witches and wizards sooner rather than later, Harry was thirteen when he cast his first corporeal patronus.

"Third and last, give Potter's Commandos full access to the Department of Mysteries, and all the help the DMLE can offer when we need them."

Scrimgeour scratched his chin, "Seems reasonable, what do I get?"

"You get me." Harry said; finally glad of the chance to speak for himself, "I'll be your bloody poster boy as long as I'm in Britain if you do this for us, and one more small favor."

"What's that, Mr. Potter?"

"You can use legilimancy to check for the imperious curse, right?"

The Minister nodded.

"Check Stan Shunpike, if he really is adeath eater, I would like to know, if he isn't, let him go - with an official apology."

Scrimgeour's face darkened, "I can't do that. My administration would look weak."

Luna said, "No, Minister, you've got it exactly wrong, publicly admitting a mistake is not weakness, in fact it shows real strength of character. Besides, think of the political capital you'll gain with Harry Potter supporting your decision to right an injustice."

Scrimgeour looked first at Harry, then Luna, then back to Harry and said, "Done! I'll have the documents drawn up by noon tomorrow; you can come by my office in the ministry and sign them, Captain Potter."

Luna pulled a rolled parchment from her sleeve, "I've taken the liberty, Minister."

Rufus checked the document, written in very impressive wizarding leagalese, and asked, "Who drafted this document?"

Luna smiled, "I did, last week, Minister. I believe you'll find it in order. Just sign by your name, Harry will do the same, and duplicates will appear in your office, and the office of the head of the DMLE, including the Department of Mysteries as well as the Office for the Use of Underage Magic."

"Are you clairvoyant, Miss?"

Harry smiled and gave his love a one armed hug, "She's better than that, minister, she's mathmagical!"

That evening Harry and Luna retired to her room in Xeno's Tower.

"Happy Christmas, Harry, I love you."

"I love you too, Luna, happy Christmas."

"Are you sure you want to wait until tomorrow," she cooed into his ear, "I'm fully functional now, my monthlies are over."

"I think it's important that we're all together for our, ah, consummation. I guess that makes me a daft git, eh?"

"Not at all Harry, but I have to say you're showing an inordinate amount of self-control."

"Well, I was going to ask if you'd do for me what Hermione did on the train, remember."

"Oh, you mean, this?"

She rolled on top of him, straddling his hips, trapping his erection beneath the cleft of her vulva.

As Harry reached out to grab her hips he found she was sans knickers.

"Um, Luna, you're naked, completely starkers."

"Uh huh." she agreed, and then lifted one leg off to pull Harry's boxers down to his knees before again, pressing her bare wet sex against his pulsing cock.

"Con - contra - contraceptive charm?" Harry managed to gasp.

Luna leaned forward to whisper in his ear, "I'm on the potion, love, just relax, better yet, let go!"

She slid back and forth, up and down, her wet heat lubricating the underside of his shaft even as she rubbed her painfully hard clitoris up and down his length.

"Oh. My. Gawd!" he exclaimed.

Luna's motions became harder and more urgent and Harry silently prayed to whatever gods or goddesses were listening that she would finish first.

"Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"Oh my, you must have been saving that for a while, love." She said, breathlessly.

He panted and nodded, "all day."

She picked up her wand from the nightstand and used it to clean herself and Harry, as well as the surrounding bedspread.

"Well, let's save ourselves for Hermione. We'll see her on Boxing Day tomorrow."

)O(
Sign up to rate and review this story