Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Past and Present- The life of a genjutsu using kunoichi

by Glow_ 0 reviews

I've taken this story from my account on Quizilla, you can read it there too. http://www.quizilla.com/stories/9203129/past-and-present-the-life-of-a-genjutsu-using-kunoichi I'm using my OC, Ring...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Itachi,Kakashi,Naruto,Temari - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-04-07 - Updated: 2009-04-07 - 1524 words

-1MarySue
Ringo wandered down the street to the ramen bar. She hadn't eaten since yesterday, and it was 2pm already. She was desperately hungry, wondered if Naruto would be there. She ducked under the roof, and, unsurprisingly, he was. He saw her and grunted as a greeting, his mouth full of food.

"A miso ramen, please," she asked the waitress.

Naruto swallowed his food. "Hey Ringo-chan. Where have you been? I haven't seen youin 3 days now!"

"I was on a mission to retrieve information about the Akatsuki with Kakashi-sensei and Temari-chan."

"Any luck?"

"no..."

"Have you met Temari's brothers yet?"

"I've met Kankuro. He's a bit..."

"Perverted?"

"Yeah. Kinda like you, Naruto-kun."

"HEY! I'm not a pervert!!!" Naruto protested

"Don't forget that day in the hot springs."

"How was I supposed to know you had brought a shuriken with you?

"You shouldn't have been peeking."

"You're mean."

"You're annoying."

"...hm..."

"HA! NO COMEBACK!"

"Whatever. So you haven't met Gaara-kun?"

"No. Isn't he the Kazekage now?"

"Yeah. We're... good friends."

"Wow. You and the Kazekage. A love story."

“RINGO!”

“Sorry Naruto.” Ringo giggled

"...He's a lot like you actually. I remember how troubled you were when you came here. He was just like that."

"...I suppose...I was kinda... troubled."

"You're a completely different person now. In a good way."

"Thanks."

"One miso ramen." the waitress chipped in.

"Thank you, that's mine."

"Oh..." the waitress gave her a cold look and put the bowl on the table in front of her. Ringo sighed. She was used to being prejudged because of her abilities. She was a very powerful genjutsu user, and a lot of people were scared of her, because of the rumours they heard or the vibe she gave off. Because of this, she only had a few friends.

Ringo tucked into her food.

Naruto was a close friend of hers. When she went to the Chuunin exams for the 3rd time, she was pitted against him in a battle and she won. Naruto had left her a few bruises and scars she still had today, but he had gained respect for her after her victory. Naruto was one of the few people she hadn't actually killed in a fight, because he called on the nine-tailed demon fox in their battle.

Ringo had worked with Temari on a couple of missions, and their personalities clicked almost instantly. They were really good friends and respected eachother's strengths and weaknesses without getting into a fight as they would if they weren't such good friends.

Now and then she hung out with Hinata, because she kept her opinions to herself, and yet was always sweet and kind to Ringo, as she was in return. Hinata sometimes got a little jealous that Ringo was so close to Naruto. But when Ringo told her that she only saw Naruto as a friend, she went back to her old shy, quietself.

"Ringo-chan."

Ringo turned round to see a familiar face, or half a face.

"Hello Kakashi-sensei."

"Hello Ringo, Naruto-kun."

"Hi Sensei!" Naruto grinned.

"Ringo-chan, The kazekage wants to see you in Sunagakure."

Ringo gulped down the food in her mouth in surprise, choking on it a bit.

"What? Why? I've only just come back from Suna."

"I know. But they want you to find and capture or kill a certain akatsuki member. Itachi Uchiha."

"Sasuke's brother..." Naruto growled.

"Yes. Because Itachi is a genjutsu user, they thought that perhaps Ringo would be good to fight against him."

"It's suicide!" Naruto yelled.

"I'm not good enough to fight an akatsuki member! I've only just become a Jounin!"

"Suna thinks that you are."

"...how am I supposed to find this Itachi guy anyway?"

Kakashi sighed.

"Well...Temari-san used to go out with him. And he's still in love with her. She asked to meet him in a forest near Suna in a few days, but it's a trap. We will make our attack then."

"We?"

"Temari and I will attack first, and if things start looking nasty, you will step in."

"So I'm like, your secret weapon."

"Kinda, yeah." Kakashi smiled under his mask.

"I'm OK with that." Ringo smiled back.

Naruto sighed. It was annoying that Kakashi and Ringo flirted all the time. He really liked Ringo as a friend, but would always get kinda protective over her.

"So, tomorrow at 8:30 am, we’ll set off for Suna. We’ll arrive there at around 6pm. Temari-san is offering a couple of beds for us to stay in. The following morning, we’ll set off to find the akatsuki member."

“Cool. Where should I meet you?”

“Here at 8:30 would be fine.”

“Ok.” Ringo gulped down the last of her ramen. “I’m gonna go and see Hinata-chan now.You wanna come, Naruto?”

“Huh? Why’d ya ask that? Ringo-chan?”

“I just thought you might like to see Hinata.”

“...Nah. I’ll pass. I’m gonna train with Shikamaru later.”

“Shikamaru?? Training?!”

“I said I’d show the pictures of Temari he keeps in his drawer to everybody we know if he didn’t.”

“Ew!!! Don’t tell me that!!! Temari’s my best friend!!” Ringo said, disgusted.

“It’s the truth.”

“I thought Shikamaru was actually being arsed to do something for once.”

“Nah.”

“Well anyway, I’ve got to go.” Ringo left the money for her meal on the counter and stood up.

“Well, see you round, Naruto. Tomorrow, ok Kakashi-sensei?”

“See you, Ringo.”Kakashi said.

“Bye, Ringo-chan!!” Naruto waved.

“Bye.” Ringo sauntered down the street to find Hinata.

“So Kakashi-sensei... have you got the hots for her, huh?” Naruto joked.

“Naruto. She’s much younger than me. I would never even think of it.”

‘But if she was older...’ Kakashi thought, then pushed it away quickly.

“In fact, Naruto, I thought that you were more her type.”

“WHA-?! NO!! Ringo’s my friend, just my friend, that’s all!!!”

‘But if she was younger...’ Naruto thought, then pushed it away quickly.

“Anyway, I have to train with Shikamaru now. Bye Kakashi-sensei.”

“See ya, Naruto."

___________________

Well, that's the end of chapter one!! I hoped you liked it!! I know I didn't fully explain Ringo's abilities, but I'll start describing that aspect of her in chapter 2. Until then, here's Ringo's bio so that you have a better idea of what she's like.





Name: Ringo (she is an orphan and has no second name)

Age: 18

Hobbies: Enjoys training with Kakashi-sensei, photography, climbing trees and eating ramen with Naruto.

Appearance: Red hair tied back into two spiky, low pigtails, red eyes, a black crop top, black skirt and black armwarmers, white shorts and white t-shirt underneath, and a white scarf. She only wears her (Sunagakure) forehead protector in very difficult battles, on her forehead. The rest of the time, she keeps it in a small messenger bag she carries around with her, which also contains kunai, shuriken, and survival equipment. She looks younger than she really is.

Family: Left on the doorstep of Suna orphanage, Ringo has no known family.

Background: Ringo had lived in Sunagakure orphanage until the age of 12. She was depressed and lonely, feeling useless a lot of the time. On her 12th birthday, her Kekkai Genkai kicked in and she turned out to be a fantastic kunoichi. She spent a lot of time alone so didn't know a lot of people in her hometown. When she went to Konoha to enter the chuunin exams, she met Temari, who became like a sisterly figure for Ringo, and Naruto Uzumaki, the blonde-haired Jinchuuriki who loved ramen just as much as she did. She passed first time, and decided she liked Konoha so much she immigrated there. Some people started being really cold to her, like Ino Yamanaka and Sakura Haruno, but others quickly became her friends, like Naruto Uzumaki, Hinata Hyuga, and Kakashi Hatake. After she showed off her powerful Kekkai Genkai, which beat even elite Jounin, she was encouraged to become a jounin herself.

Kekkai Genkai: Mind Spyglass Jutsu

Bleeding memory Jutsu

(She can also defy some Sharingan techniques).

Weight: 50.3kg

Height: 164 cm

Blood type: O

Good Qualities: She is caring and understanding towards her friends, she is usually sensible and can cope well in emergencies. She has lost only 2 battles since her Kekkai Genkai was awakened.

Negative Qualities: She is vey nosy and wants to know everything about everyone. She can be rude and hostile towards strangers, or people she doesn't know well. Her genjutsu techniques can make people go insane or suicidal, and it can mentally affect bystanders watching, too.

Favourite food: Miso ramen and potato chips

Personality: Plucky and stubborn, Ringo is usually hostile to those around her, unless they are a trusted friend, in which case, she is friendly and sociable. She is courageous and never goes down without a fight.

Quotes: (To a rogue ninja in a battle): I can make you hate your eyes so much, you'll want to rip them out your head.

(To Kakashi): My technique? I mess with people's minds.

(To Ino): I know that the only reason you hate me is because you fear me.






____________________________

Thanks for reading!! Please rate and review!! ^.^
Sign up to rate and review this story