Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rehabilitation

Forget Yesterday

by ipanicdaily 7 reviews

"I honestly didn't mean for it to get this bad." I whispered to Gerard as I rested my head on his shoulder. "Any of it."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-01-25 - Updated: 2009-01-25 - 2908 words - Complete

1Insightful
Ch. 24---- Forget Yesterday ((Great Escape Boys Like Girls))

Frank's POV

"This game sucks." I told him miserably.

"You lost again." Gerard told me with a smirk. "You know the rules." I sighed and reached into the bag of pretzels, eating yet another one. This was Gerard's ingenious plan (he told me) of helping me get back onto a regular eating pattern which I was told needs to happen before I'm released from the hospital. I also need to gain weight. I lost a hell of a lot more than I thought. So Gerard decided we would play a game and every time I get the answer wrong, I have to eat a pretzel (they're small and simple starters). I've gone through most of the bag by now. The rules apply to him as well but as I've said, I keep losing.

"I think you're cheating." I told him.

"How do you cheat at hang man?" Gerard asked with laughter as he flipped the paper over to start over. I sat up in the bed with my legs crossed, facing Gerard who mirrored my position.

"I'm gonna hang you." I said with my own smile. Gerard laughed and drew the stupid diagram then made a bunch of short lines which represented the spots in which letters would go; making the word or phrase that he was thinking of. I have no idea why I'm so bad at this. It's a juvenile game. I remember playing this in elementary school. Only, I wasn't this bad at it. I'm losing to a guy whose memory is coming back to him in spontaneous shorts. That's what you call losing bad.

"Ok. It's one word." Gerard told me.

"Um...b." I said and Gerard shook his head; drawing a circle representing the head of the person we were constructively hanging. I glared at him, grabbing a small salted pretzel, and putting it into my mouth. They were small and light so I really didn't feel sick or anything when I ate a lot. "T" Gerard smiled some more as he drew a line extending down from the circle; the body. "You know you used to be a master artist. Your stick figures blow."

"Less talking, more eating." Gerard told me. Again another pretzel ended up in my mouth.

"L." I was amazed I actually guess a letter. _ _ l _ _ _. That's what my diagram looked like at the moment. A six lettered word with an l in the middle. "E." Again I guessed a letter. I'm on a role now. _ _ l _ e _. Is that even part of a word? "S."

"Nope." Gerard told me with yet another smirk. "Next?"

"Um...i." Yay! Another letter! _ i l _ e _. What the fuck? Is that even a word? I had 3 more chances to guess and three more letters to guess. Gerard played the cheap way. The hanging stick figure only got a head, two arms, and two legs. That's only six wrong guesses. It's ridiculous. "M."

"Haha you're wrong again." Gerard was thoroughly enjoying my losing at this game too. "Two chances."

"I don't know; r?" Gerard nodded then filled in the letter. _ i l _ e r. Seriously?! That can't be a word! "A?" Great. Now my hanging man has two legs and an arm. I have one more wrong guess. I killed yet another stick figure. At least the damn pretzels are almost gone.

"Last chance Frankie." Gerard said as he played with the pencil. "Two letters; one chance."

"Umm... n?" Gerard made some buzzer noise and drew the last arm on the guy. "What the hell is the word?"

"Pilfer." Gerard replied. I stared at him.

"What the fuck?!" My mouth was half open. Gerard was trying not to burst into laughter. "Is that even a fucking word?"

"Yeah; it means 'to steal'." Gerard said as he filled in the 'p' and 'f'.

"How the fuck did you know that?!" I asked him with shock. "You can't remember anything else!" Gerard just laughed some more.

"I have no idea." He told me with a smile. I grabbed a pretzel from the bag and pegged it at his head. "Hey! That's not what they're for!" Gerard said as he picked the pretzel up from his lap. "They belong in here." He said as he suddenly crammed it into my mouth. I bit his finger and he yelled at me as he laughed, withdrawing his hand and sticking his finger into his mouth. "Bitch!"

"That's what you get for cheating." I said as I continued to eat the pretzels. I figured I might as well finish the bag. That's what he wants. That was the point of this game; to get me to eat. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I'm just not hungry anymore.

"How the hell do you cheat at hang man?!" He asked again. "I can't help it that you're stupid." My jaw dropped at that. Gerard just smirked at me; like a challenge. I reached into the little box near my hospital bed, pulling a white medical glove from it, and playfully smacking Gerard across the face with it.

"I duel thee." I said with a smile.

"At what?" Gerard asked as he rubbed his cheek. I didn't hit him that hard. He's just being dramatic; like he used to be. "You suck at hang man and we're limited to options here."

"At drawing." I replied, throwing the glove at the wall. I didn't care. I don't have to clean the place. That may sound mean but it's the house keeping people's jobs. Just like in a theater; the people get paid to clean up. Might as well give them something to clean.

"You suck at that too." Gerard said. I used my actual hand to smack him that time. He started laughing. "You suck at everything Iero."

"I don't suck at everything." I told Gerard as I briefly grabbed his crotch. "You beat me at drawing something, I'll eat dinner without a single word of protest or complaint."

"And if you win?" Gerard asked; intrigued by the proposal. Neither of us back down from a challenge.

"You forgive me about what happened with Mikey." I said. I had to make sure he knew that was the past and it would stay in the past. Gerard looked at me, thinking, then bit his tongue and nodded. "Alright then. This is my paper and this is yours." I handed him a sheet. "Whatever comes to your mind."

"How will we know who wins?" Gerard asked as he laid the paper in front of him.

"We'll ask the staff. Whoever gets three votes first wins." I said as I stared at the paper. I knew I wouldn't win. But, that's not the purpose of this. Gerard is doing it to make sure I eat something later; which I will. I want to get the hell out of here. But I'm doing it to help Gerard realize that he can still draw. He's amazing at it and if I was able to play my guitar at last, he can still draw.

"How long do we have?" Gerard asked.

"Um..thirty minutes?" I suggested. I'm not going to get far. I mean I'm not terrible, but I'm nowhere as good as Gerard is. He nodded and got off the bed, going to the windows and sitting on the heater where he started to drag his pencil across the paper. I stared at my paper, trying to figure out something to draw. Unable to think of something, I grabbed the hang man sheet that Gerard had done and began to draw on the little hanging person. When the half hour was up, Gerard came back to me.

"So, now what?" He asked as he sat on the bed.

"You win because I really didn't do anything." I told Gerard as I showed him my drawing. "Do you like it?" Gerard started laughing and nodded. "It's Bert." He laughed even harder, falling down against the bed. "Lemme see yours." I told him and he managed to remove a hand from his side to hand me his paper. There was really cute little vampire on the paper. "Yep; you definitely win."

"I don't know Frankie." Gerard said as he sat back up. "I think I might get this a frame." He grabbed my little hang man edit and looked it over. "Cuz I really like this."

"It was skill we are judging; not subject." I told him as I held his picture up to mine. "See? Yours has detail."

"Yeah but I can tell its Bert." Gerard said as he stared at my 'drawing'.

"Find me tape." I told him so Gerard got off the bed and left the room; returning a few minutes later with a role of it. I took the tape from him and ripped a piece off, sticking it on his drawing then taping the picture to the wall behind me. I probably will be told it can't be there but for now it can. "Well you win."

"You have to eat dinner without complaint." Gerard said as he cleaned the stuff off my bed. "If you knew you were going to lose, why'd you do it?" He asked with curiosity.

"To get you to realize you can still draw." I said and Gerard smiled as he crawled up to me. "You're going to help me eat then I'm going to help you draw or get your memory back or whatever you need done."

"I don't do it because I want anything in return." Gerard said as he sat next to me then put his arms around my waist; pulling me onto his lap. "I do it because I love you and I'm worried about you."

"I honestly didn't mean for it to get this bad." I whispered to Gerard as I rested my head on his shoulder. "Any of it."

"We can't change the past but we can change the future by fixing the present." Gerard told me, kissing my head. "We're going to fix your eating habits and help you gain weight again. We're going to fix the tension between you and my brother by figuring what the fuck his problem is. I'm going to face Bert, again, and solve those issues. And in the end we'll have each other to start over again; no abuse, no drugs, no alcohol. Only love." He kissed my head again.

"What time is it?"

"It's like two. Why?" Gerard asked.

"I'm really tired all of a sudden." I told him, my eyes already half shut.

"Then go to sleep babe. I'll wake you up in a few hours so you can sleep tonight too." He whispered to me. "I'll be right here." I nodded and let my eyes shut completely; the feeling of Gerard's arms wrapped around me giving me a sense of comfort that I haven't felt in who knows how long. Gerard pulled the blanket up over me more then leaned back a little to make himself comfortable; myself still in his lap. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep; the happiest and most hopeful I've been in a long time.

I lay on my back in the snow; my body completely numbed by the fluffy frozen water. I could see my breath slowly float out of my mouth and into the bitter air as I stared at the gray sky. I had on my coat and a hat but it was still really cold. I didn't care though. The feeling was amazing. I shut my eyes and exhaled deeply, letting my soul float freely. "You're really strange." I opened my eyes to see Gerard staring at me with amusement.

"I love the snow." I said with a smile. "You should try it."

"You look like you're going to turn into a popsicle." Gerard told me with slight concern. "Seriously Frankie." He walked closer and knelt down beside me. "Get out of the snow now. Your lips are practically purple."

"But I'm comfortable." I told him with a frown. I loved being in the snow. I couldn't help that Gerard isn't an outdoor person.

"But you're almost frozen." Gerard said as his warm hand met my skin. "You're going to get sick if you stay like this any longer. Come on." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up into a sitting position. Snow fell off my body as he stood then pulled me up as well. Gerard brushed my body off and I suddenly realized just how cold I really was. "Inside." He instructed as he pushed me towards the door.

"Yeah I'm really cold now." I told him as I pushed open the door; stepping into the warm air.

"I told you." Gerard said as he followed and shut the door. I had just bought this house for us so we wouldn't have to worry about our parents catching us doing anything anymore. Now we had privacy; pure intimacy. "Bathroom." Gerard said as he pulled my hat off my head.

Wrapping my arms around my body, I walked through the house and to the bathroom. Gerard followed me, his coat and shoes off already, then shut the door. He walked to the shower and started the water, letting it run as he came back to me and pulled my coat off. "No more ventures into the snow for awhile." Gerard said as my coat fell onto the floor. He went back to the water and stuck his hand under it then pulled the knob to send the water through the shower head. "Get into the water and stand there for like ten minutes tops." Gerard instructed me before leaving me alone in the bathroom.

I stripped my clothes from my body and quickly got into the warm water. It stung a bit at first but after it started to feel a lot better as it warmed me up. I shut my eyes and let the warm liquid run over my icy skin until the temperature of my body rose to a more normal degree. When my ten minutes were up, Gerard knocked on the door and told me to get out. I shut the water off and grabbed a towel, running it over my body. A minute or two later, the door opened as Gerard walked in with clothes. "Put these on. I stuck them in the dryer for a few minutes so they would be really warm."

"Thanks babe." I said with a smile as I quickly grabbed the clothes and yanked them onto my body. They were warm and kept the heat in my body.

"Living room." Gerard said as he picked up my cold old clothes. I headed to the living room to see he had stripped our bed and put it on the couch. Gerard threw my clothes into the laundry room then followed me into the living room. He pulled the blanket off the couch then told me to lay down so I did, resting my head on the pillow. Gerard threw the blanket over me and went to the kitchen; returning with a cup of hot chocolate which he told me to drink.

"You take too good care of me." I said as I sipped at the warm chocolaty drink.

"Someone has to." Gerard told me with a soft smile as he pulled the blanket up and sat down on the opposite end. "Now come here cold boy." He said so I put my drink on the table and then crawled down the couch until I was at him. Gerard sat with his knees bent so his feet were flat on the cushion of the couch. I lay down between his legs and stuck my head on his chest with my arms wrapped around his body. Gerard securely tucked the blanket around us then put his arms around my body.

"You know I like this best." I said as I shut my eyes. "Just lying with you."

"Well we do it all we want without ever worrying about getting caught by our parents." Gerard told me with some amusement. I laughed a little then pulled my knees up slightly on the couch. "Just relax Frankie." Gerard said as one arm left me so his fingers could run through my hair. "Let the blanket warm you." I nodded then shut my eyes, taking a deep breath to help myself relax.

"Gee?" I asked before I fell asleep.

"Hmm babe?" Gerard asked and I could tell he was falling asleep too.

"Do you think we'll always be together?"

"Of course." Gerard said, his arms holding me a little tighter. "One way or another you'll always be mine." He mumbled before falling asleep. I smiled and in no time was out myself.




+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+

A/N--- Like I said, fluff mood. So that's what this chapter is.

Seriously? What is Mikey's problem? Even Gee knows something's not right. Well I know so HAHAHAHA. You wont know until I decide to tell you. And NO, no one is in love with each other. 'Cept Frank and Gee of course.

So here are the questions to think about: What's Mikey's problem? Will Ray ever stop selling drugs? What is going to happen when Gerard confronts Bert again? Can Frank overcome the eating disorder? WHY THE FUCK DOES BOB NEVER SEEM TO MAKE IT INTO MY STORIES?!

xoxo Tabi
Sign up to rate and review this story