Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 33: Leaving the Clan Gathering

by selenepotter

Leaving the Clan Gathering

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Erotica - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-07-23 - Updated: 2008-07-23 - 2937 words - Complete

?Blocked
Clanluna

Chapter 33: Leaving the Clan Gathering

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling
Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel


Luna’s Clan List

Deceased members:
Iga – mother of Ebra and Uka
Uba – mother of Creb, Brun and Iza
---Creb (37) – former Mog-Ur, 1st Weez-Ur (Roe Deer/Ursus totem),
---Iza (28) – Uba’s mother, adopted mother of Ayla
---Ebra (41) – Brun’s mate, Broud’s mother
---------Broud (21) – former Leader (Wooly Rhinoceros totem)
----------- Oga (20) – Clan, Crug’s 2nd mate, Broud’s widow (hamster totem)
Dorv
Borg (12) – Clan, Ona’s 1st mate, (Boar/Ursus totem)
Zoug (43) – second in command to the leader before Brun (Ursus totem)

Living Members:

Luna’s Teepee
Thonlan (17) – Other, Woodworker, Jondolar’s brother, 13th Ranked male Hunter (Cave Lion totem)
---Luna (23) – Other, Leader, 1st Weech, Creb’s widow, Thonlan’s mate, (Snorkack totem)
-------Zeen – (4) ½ Clan, son of Luna, Goov’s Acolyte, 2nd Weez-Ur (Ursus Totem)
-------Mara – (0) Other, Luna’s Daughter, Weech
Zar (23) ½ Clan, 1st Ranked male hunter, Goov’s Acolyte, Clanluna’s Acolyte, (Ursus Totem)
---Ayla (17) – Other, Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, (Cave Lion totem)
--------Durc (6) – ½ Clan, Ayla’s son, (Gray Wolf totem)
--------Iza (4) – ¼ Clan, Ayla’s daughter, 3rd Weech (Unicorn Totem)
--------Mariza (0) Other, Ayla’s daughter, Weech
Vorn (16) – Clan, 2nd Ranked male hunter
---Uba (11) – Clan, Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate
------Uma (2) – Clan, Uba’s daughter
------Vuba (0) – ½ Clan, Uba’s daughter
Goov (23) – Clan, mog-ur, 10th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (21) – Clan, Goov’s mate, (Beaver totem)
------Oogra (2) – Clan, Ovra’s daughter

Iga’s Teepee
Groog (28) – 1/8 Clan, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)
---Iga (24) - Other, (formerly: Andromedanaea of the Sungaea) 3rd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, red-foot, Clanluna (one-who-serves-the-Mother) Groog’s Mate
------Griga (2) – 1/16 Clan, Iga’s daughter
------Wilmar (0) – Other, Iga’s Son
Broog (22) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked male hunter
---Ena (21) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts
------Boov (7) – ½ Clan son of Ena
------Brena (0) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena
Vorv (20) – ½ Clan, 5th Ranked male hunter
---Uva (18) – ½ Clan, mate of Vorv
------Broov (7) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan)
------Ugra (6) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others) training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Vorva (2) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva
------Zoug (0) – ¼ Clan son of Uva

Ika’s Teepee
Crug (25) – Clan, 6th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (23) – Clan, Crug’s mate
------Crik (2) – Clan, Ika’s son
------Grev (7) – Clan, Oga’s 2nd son, 14th Ranked male Hunter
------Dorv (2) Clan, Oga’s 3rd son
------Corg (0) ½ Clan, Oga’s 4th Son
---Ona (12) – Clan, Borg’s mate (Owl totem)
------Bona (2) Clan, Ona’s daughter
------Orga (0) ½ Clan, Ona’s daughter
Brac (11) – Clan, Oga’s 1st son, 7th Ranked hunter (Bison totem)
---Igra (9) – Clan, Ika’s daughter, Brac’s Mate
------Broud (0) ½ Clan, Igra’s Daughter.
Groob (9) – Clan, Aga’s son, 8th Ranked male Hunter
---Eva (10) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena, 5th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts

Aba’s Teepee
Brun (36) – Clan, former leader, 9th Ranked male hunter (Bison totem)
---Aba (38) (ground squirrel totem) Brun’s mate
Grod (32) – Clan, son of the mate of Zoug, 11th Ranked male hunter (Brown Bear totem)
---Uka (28) – Clan, Ebra’s sister, Grod’s Mate
Droog (34) – Clan, toolmaker, Aga’s mate, 12th Ranked male hunter
---Aga (27) – Clan, Droog’s mate



Luna held out her hand, the one with the ring on it and a ghostly form faded into view. As he became more solid, the mog-ur’s realized that it was Creb, Mog-Ur One-Eye. Though now, he had an eye and arm made of solidified moonlight.

“’Why have you called this Spirit so early?” asked Creb.

“This Mog-Ur asked her to,” explained Goov.

‘’That’s right! I gave up my time with you next fall so you could lead the mog-urs ceremony!’’ sobbed Luna in English. “Goodbye, my love!’’

Luna ran, crying from the cave.

Chapter 33: Leaving the Clan Gathering

Outside the Cave, the men of the various Clans had walked away from the Clan Gathering in various directions so that they could have their Men’s ceremonies. There was a large bonfire in the center of the gathering with women dancing around it. Their children had already been put to bed.

As Luna ran towards the fire, her tears fogged her vision. But a familiar face appeared from the crowd.

“Luna, what’s wrong?” asked Iga.

“Creb! . . . Mog-Ur . . . mog-urs . . “ Luna sobbed, incoherently.

Iga had not yet shed her wrap, so, she reached into a fold and pulled out a dried mushroom she kept for such emergencies. Popping it into her mouth, she chewed it, as she hugged Luna. Iga didn’t know how the mushroom juice would react with the datura she’s already had, but right now, her Goddess’ emotional pain was more important. Once she’d turned the hard mushroom into a soft paste, she pulled back a little from the hug and kissed Luna. She used her tongue to coax Luna’s lips apart, then passed the mushroom into her mouth.

As Luna sobbed, she was grateful for Iga’s compassionate hug. When Iga started kissing her, Luna transformed her grief into passion and kissed her Priestess back. Still, she was surprised when Iga suddenly pushed a mass of chewed up mushroom into her mouth. Luna swallowed so that her tongue would be free to rub against Iga’s. They continued to kiss and caress each other as Iga pulled her to the ground, so that Luna was sitting in Iga’s lap straddling her. They long since removed each other’s wraps in their passion, when a deep hum sounded in Luna’s ears and the lights started flashing behind Luna’s closed eyes. Luna leaned back, blissfully caught up in another layer of reality as Iga helped her lay down and get comfortable.

Now that Luna was taken care of, Iga got up and joined the other gyrating women. The drumming had long since stopped the beat the women were dancing to was inside their heads.

After the peak, as the lights and sounds faded away, Luna looked around. She was exhausted from staying up all night. All the other women were still asleep. Luna wandered back to the teepee. For once, she would be the one to make tea for Ayla!. Just as it was done, Thonlan, Zar, and Vorn stepped into the teepee, having just returned from their Clan’s Men’s Ceremony. They all refused the tea and went straight to sleep.

Luna levitated cups of tea and placed them next to the sleeping forms of Ayla, Iga, Uba and Ovra.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

“The Mog-Ur has saved some of the mog-ur’s tea for you,” offered Goov, as he held up the bowl. “This Mog-Ur asked Luna to bring you back so that you could lead us back to the memories of the last mog-ur’s Ceremony and the arrival of Luna.”

Creb nodded and drank a sip of the tea before sitting next to Goov. Once the tea had taken effect, Creb showed them his hazy impressions of the future world without the Clan, followed by the even hazier impression of the world that could be and Luna’s extraction from that world. Next he showed them the mog-urs meeting Luna and their decision to send her with Creb. He showed them his memories of his life in the Clan with Luna and her calling him back to life, thrice. Then, Creb guided them back to the common origins of the Clan and the Others, to show that they were family. He even showed them the memories of the Women-Who-Hunt and the ancient Spirits.

The next morning, when the mog-urs finally returned to the present, they stared at each other in shock. Ayla had accidently Death Cursed all Clans everywhere and Creb, The Mog-Ur, one-eye, had saved them by bringing Luna from the days-that-may-be! Most of them had been acolytes at the last Clan Gathering. Now they all understood just how important to the survival of the Clans, Luna and her Clan was!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Luna was sipping her tea while she enjoyed the absolute silence of the Clan Gathering. The men of all the Clans had gone to sleep. The women were still sleeping, naked, on the ground where they’d passed out from the Women’s Ceremony. Only the sounds of nature, birds, bugs, wind were heard. Distant footsteps announced the mog-urs leaving the cave to return to their tents. Luna looked at the mouth of the Cave and saw Goov and Creb approaching!

‘’It is time to send this Spirit back to the Spirit World,’’ signed Creb.

‘’Not just yet,’’ pleaded Luna as she gave him the Signal.

At seeing the interested look in Creb’s eye, Luna turned around, knelt and presented like a Clan woman. Due to his bad leg, Creb had never been able to take her in this position when he’d been alive. But his spirit leg allowed it. He knelt behind her and pulled up her wrap. With his hand he reached between her legs and caressed her until she was ready for him. She cast a quick privacy charm, when moans nearly escaped her lips. Normally, she wouldn’t bother, but she didn’t want to wake anyone.

After then coupling, Creb spooned and held her for awhile. Finally, he stuck his spirit hand in front of her and signed:

‘’It’s time now.”

Luna nodded with tears streaming down her face and activated her ring to send him back. When he vanished, she no longer felt his warmth against her back. Luna’s tears, turned to wracking sobs. Once her crying had run its’ course. She returned to the tent and crawled into Thonlan’s sleeping arms. Last night’s mushroom prevented her from falling to sleep. But she could lay here, in her mate’s sleeping arms, while she nursed Mara and soaked up her family’s love.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Over the next few days there were more hunts by the men and gathering by the women. Although it seemed clear that Luna’s Clan had won enough events to retain its’ status as the 1st Ranked Clan, the final, and most subtle, competition had still not been resolved, the Leader competition. The mog-urs’ decision to neither recognize, nor deny, Luna’s Leadership, had confused the Leaders. None of them wanted to acknowledge a woman, especially a woman of the Others, as the 1st Ranked Leader. Nor, did they like acknowledging a deformed man, especially one who was clearly being led by that Spirit/woman of the Others. When the mog-urs endorsed her, after the mog-ur’s Ceremony, this only confused matters. In the end, the other Leaders had to grudgingly rule that the Leader competition wouldn’t count towards Clan Ranking.

As for the mog-urs, themselves, their ranking, for the most part was a combination of seniority for the older mog-urs who had been mog-urs at the last Clan Gathering and a reflection of their Clan’s status. One noticeable exception was that the 2nd Ranked mog-ur dropped in Ranked to 3rd, in spite of knowing the secret of flute playing. The brash young man’s personality rubbed too many mog-urs the wrong way.

After the first day, Luna and Ayla had been handing out popsicles each day. They were a special recipe, that Ayla had developed that contained both Ayla’s calming herbs and Iga’s calming mushrooms, with honey to take away the bitterness. But the popsicles got most of their volume and flavor from the juice of fruits gathered by the women of all the Clans. These magic popsicles kept people calmed down and minimized the amount of confrontations between the Clan and the members of Luna’s Clan who were at least part Other. Unfortunately, Luna hadn’t saved any of the popsicles for herself.

Throughout the Clan gathering, Ura had a series of near misses. She came to Luna’s camp many times and met most of the members. Only ones she didn’t happen to meet were: Ayla, Durc, Zar, Iga, Thonlan, Groog, Uba and Luna . . . .

“Wait! Wait!” called Ura, as Luna’s Clan began packing to leave the Clan Gathering.

Luna had her wand out and was waving it to take down the teepees, fold them up and shrink them and their poles. She turned to look at the mixed girl who had knelt at her feet looking down.

“Luna, this is Ura, the girl this man told you about,” explained Brun. “At the previous Clan Gathering, this man promised to take her as a mate for Durc.”

Luna tapped the girl on the shoulder so that the girl would look at her.

“Welcome to our Clan U-“ Luna’s words died when she saw the old and new bruises on the girl’s face. “WHO DID THIS TO YOU?”

“Gurg,” replied Ura. “He says that this girl is too stupid and willful. So he punishes this girl when she doesn’t anticipate his needs fast enough.”

“GURG! GURG!” screamed Luna as she waded through the crowd.

“What does the Spirit/woman from the 1st Ranked Clan want with this Leader?” asked Gurg, Leader of the Host Clan.

“WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO BEAT A LITTLE GIRL?” waved Luna, angrily.

“THE GIRL IS USELESS AND STUPID!” replied Gurg “She can’t remember anything unless we repeat in over and over and she’s willful! This Leader thinks that if your mate was any kind of man, he’d put you in your place! Who ever heard of a female Leader? The Leader thinks you are able to dominate your men because you are so big and ugly!”

Luna’s anger boiled over! She waved her wand and an orange beam shot out at Gurg. Instantly, the Clan man started growing! When it stopped, he was 30 feet tall! She turned to another member of the crowd and did it again, and again and again!

“HOW DARE YOU! I’LL SHOW YOU WHO’S BIG AND UGLY!” yelled Luna, in English, as she enlarged person after person.

As soon as they’d seen her, Ayla, Uba, Iga and Zar had started working on Ura’s bruises. The Medicine Women took the lead, while the Clanluna and her apprentice assisted. When Thonlan saw the members of the 2nd Ranked Clan starting tower over the crowd, he ran to his mate.

“Luna! Luna! Stop!” pleaded Thonlan

Hearing her mate’s voice brought Luna back to sanity.

“Th- . . . .This Weech is done,” announced Luna, as she tucked her wand back behind her ear.

She looked around at the three men and four women of the 2nd Ranked Clan that she’d turned into giants. This group included, Gurg, Oda, Oop and the 3rd Ranked mog-ur.

“Good luck catching enough food before winter,” taunted Luna, before letting Thonlan lead her away.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Once Luna’s Clan (which now included Ura) was completely packed up, Luna created a portkey to whisk them back to their cave. All of the muggles, which was most of the Clan, tossed their breakfast upon arriving. The exceptions being: Iga, Ena and Eva who were used to portkeys from the women’s hunts.

After greeting Ekwus’s herd and settling in, Luna called Ayla, Zar, Iga, Goov, and Ekwus to a chamber deeper in the cave, where no one could see their conversation. She and Ayla lit up their wands so they could see.

“After our experience at the Clan Gathering and Ayla, Iga, and Thonlan’s tale of the Sungaea Summer meeting, this Leader doesn’t think we fit with either people,” began Luna. “This Leader proposes that, taking the Clanluna’s suggestion, we should start thinking of ourselves as a new people. Not Clan, not Other, but something else. . . . The Clanluna.

This cave can be the 1st Cave or Clan or Camp of our people and Ekwus’ heard can be 2nd group of our people. As we grow, we may add other groups. We can have our own summer gathering each year.”

“Are we going name the camps like the Sungaea do, or number them like Thonolan’s first people, the Zelandonii do, or Rank them like the Clan do?” asked Iga.

“That’s a good question,” signed Luna. “We’ll have to consider that.”

“Are you forbidding us from going to the Clan Gathering?” asked Goov.

“Not at all,” replied Luna. “But considering how our mixed members were received, this Leader thinks it would be a good idea if only the pure Clan members of our people went. By the same token, only our pure Other members should visit to trade at the Sungaea Summer Meeting.”

“When do you want me to perform the mating of Ona and Grev?” asked Goov.

“That’s another thing we could change,” suggested Iga. “This Clanluna knows that it was the Clan way to have the Leader assign mates, but perhaps we should let the women choose their own mates, like the Sungaea do. She could choose to mate Grev or she could choose to be someone’s 2nd woman. Or if she doesn’t like her choices, she could choose to remain unmated.”

“Who would hunt for her and her children?” asked Zar.

“She could hunt for herself,” replied Iga.

“Iga, that might be an option for some of the women, but not Ona,” explained Ayla. “She’s Clan. She doesn’t have the memories for being a Woman-Who-Hunts. Someone is going to have to hunt for her. And if you ask her to choose her mate, this woman doesn’t think she would understand.”

“Well, we can, at least, ask her,” retorted Iga.









Author’s Note
I’m surprised that not one reviewer recognized Gurg, as the title of the Leader of a clan of Giants. (OotP)
Sign up to rate and review this story