Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

The Plan

by NotWavingButDrowning 5 reviews

Bob tells Frank his plan.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-20 - Updated: 2008-07-21 - 1314 words - Complete

2Exciting
I’m sitting alone on the bus couch – we were early to this venue and the rest of the guys and Jess went to check out some local spider garden thing, creepy! - when Bob runs onto the bus and dives onto the couch next to me. It’s been about two weeks since Ray was released from the hospital. His hand has healed quite well, despite his insistence on helping out with the equipment, and the doctors are saying he can play again in a few days. I’ve been playing in the mean time and the shows have one off without a hitch. I miss the band more than ever. I just want this whole thing over with.

Bob just stares at me, grinning like an idiot. I glare back. “What?”

“It’s all set for tonight.”

I roll my eyes. Why must he speak in riddles? “What’s all set for tonight?” I ask, beginning to get irritated.

Jess has been a pain – even more than normal - ever since the hospital. Watching me, wanting to know what I say every time I speak to someone. I think she’s suspicious about the time I spent alone with Bob and Mikey during Ray’s hospital stay. And she may be stealing my phone and checking my texts, it’s gone missing quite a few times only to turn up later, right where I left it. I’ve been texting Gerard regularly, so I have to make sure to delete those every time I do.

“My plan.”

Bob can be infuriating when he wants to be. “I thought you were at the spider thing.”

“No, I just told you that, and I told the guys I was shopping, so I could finish everything.”

“And what exactly did you finish?” I’m not sure how much longer I can play along before I snap.

“I told Worm everything you told me in the car two weeks ago and he’s got people watching Jess, then I – ”

“You what?” I practically scream. “Why would you do that?! Jess is already suspicious! If she finds out you know she’ll try to kill you!”

He just looks at me, eyes determined. The joke is gone from his face. He’s dead serious now. “That’s the plan.”

Immediately I see what he’s doing. Give Jess a reason to go after him and catch her while she’s doing it.

“Well it sucks!”

“Have you thought of anything better?” his voice is quiet and I can tell he’s given this a lot of thought. My silence is answer enough for him. “I didn’t think so.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Would you have agreed to it?”

“No!”

“Exactly.”

“Bob, this isn’t a game. You don’t get three lives, try again. This is it. Jess fights hard. I get that we have to catch her in the act, but this isn’t the right way. What if she succeeds? What’s the good of catching her if you’re dead? I’m not going to let that happen.”

“You don’t have much of a choice. I’ve already set everything up.”

I meet his eyes, mine pleading. “Look,” he says. “I don’t want to die, and I’m not going to. I’m pretty sure I know what she’ll do, and I’ve got it covered. Worm’s got all his guys watching either me or her.”

He puts his hand on my arm. “It’s going to be fine,” he says. How I wish I could believe him. He pulls back and stands up.

“I’m pretty sure it’ll go down on stage tonight, so we’ve got a while before we really need to worry.”

“Have you told Jess yet?” I’m sure that he hasn’t because she would have been all over me immediately. Predictably he shakes his head.

“I was going to confront her when she got back.”

I nod. This plan is shit but Bob’s determined to do it and I’m not going to let him do it alone. “Just make sure the guys don’t hear you.”

“I will. And I won’t tell her you told me. I won’t even tell her you know I figured it out. That way she won’t go after you.”

“Bob, you don’t need to protect me, this is my fault.”

“Frankie, I’d protect you from anything, always. You’re my friend. Besides, if we know for certain what target she’ll go for, it’ll make her easier to catch.”

I nod again. He’s right but I wish it were me in his place. At least if I died I wouldn’t have a guilty conscience. If Bob dies…I can’t let myself finish that thought.

He fills me in on the precise details of his plan, then we spend the rest of the time nervously waiting for Jess and the guys to return. We don’t speak, it’s as if we do everything will fall apart. When we finally see the guys approaching the bus, Bob winks at me and heads toward the back. He touches my shoulder reassuringly as he passes.

I give it a minute after they get on, then give my lines, just like Bob instructed. Like it’s a script in some play we’re acting out and I can stop and yell cut when things go wrong. I wish.

“Hey, Jess. Bob’s in the back. He got back a few minutes ago and he said he wanted to talk to you when you got here.”

She shrugs. “Ok, whatever. I’ll be right there.”

She makes her way towards the back. I wait until she closes the door, then I go to my bunk, close the curtains, and listen as hard as I can.

“Jason said you wanted to talk to me?” Jess’s voice is quiet, but clear.

“Yeah. It’s about Jason actually. You’ve known him a while, right?”

“Just a bit before this tour, why?”

“Because he’s not who you think he is.”

“What?”

“He’s not Jason Demarko. He’s Frank, undercover on tour with us. I thought ex-girlfriends had radar for that kind of stuff.”

I smile to myself. He’s putting his life on the line, but he’s doing it with pizzazz. Jess’s voice is surprisingly convincing. “No way! Really? He does seem kind of like Frank. Why would Frank do that?”

“Not a clue. I just thought you might know, since you brought him here and all.”

“I had no idea.”

There is a horrid silence. It stretches out until I wonder if she’s killing Bob right now. But then her voice breaks it. “What are you going to do about Frank?”

“Nothing. He’ll come to us when he’s ready.”

The door opens and I hear Bob walk away down the aisle. I stretch out and pretend to be asleep. A moment later the curtains are ripped open and Jess’s face appears in front of mine, glowering.

“Now you’ve done it, Iero,” she hisses. “Bob knows. I’ll make you pay for this.”

Sort of short, but after that trailer I just had to get this out there. I may not post again until the weekend, sorry. I hate it too, but oh well. Please check out my original drama piece called 'Bitter'. It's for auditions for drama club and I would love to know what you think. Please and thank you. Plus that's something else from me to you until next I update. As always, I love your reviews, and I'll continue as soon as I possibly can, I promise. Love you to pieces (don't make me make that literal).
Sign up to rate and review this story