Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 11: Iga and Groog

by selenepotter

first year with a new leader

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [?] [Y] - Published: 2007-11-04 - Updated: 2007-11-04 - 4065 words - Complete

?Blocked
Clanluna

Chapter 11: Iga and Groog

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling

Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel

Brun’s Clan List

Deceased members:

Iga – mother of Ebra and Uka

Uba – mother of Creb, Brun and Iza

---Iza (28) – Uba’s mother, adopted mother of Ayla

--------- Broud (21) – former Leader (Wooly Rhinoceros totem)

Dorv

Zoug (43) – second in command to the leader before Brun

Living Members

Creb (36) – former Mog-Ur, 1st Weez-Ur (Roe Deer/Ursus totem)

---Luna (20) – Leader, 1st Weech (Spirit Deer totem)

-------Zeen – (1) ½ Clan son of Luna (Ursus Totem)

---------Ansalong (9) - Owl

---------Winter Sleeper (0) – Cave Bear cub

Zar (20) ½ Clan man, 1st Ranked male hunter, Goov’s Acolyte (Cave Bear Totem)

---Ayla (14) – Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, (Cave Lion totem)
--------Durc (3) – Ayla’s ½ Clan son, (Gray Wolf totem)

--------Iza (1) – Ayla’s ¼ Clan daughter (Horse Totem)

---------Ekwus (0) – Centaur colt

Vorn (13) – 2nd Ranked male hunter

---Uba (8) – Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate, childless

Goov (20) – mog-ur, 9th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (18) – Goov’s mate, childless (Beaver totem)

Groog (25) – 1/8 Clan man, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)

---Iga (21) - of the Others (Spirit of the Others Totem)

Crug (22) – 4th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (20) – Crug’s mate
------Igra (6) – Ika’s daughter

---Oga (17) – Crug’s 2nd mate, Broud’s widow (hamster totem)
------Grev (4) – Oga’s second son

Brog (19) – ½ Clan, 5th Ranked male hunter

---Ena (18) – ½ Clan, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts

------Eva (7) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts

------Boov (4) – ½ Clan son of Ena

Brun (33) – former leader, 6th Ranked male hunter (Bison totem)
---Ebra (40) – Brun’s mate, Broud’s mother

Vorv (17) – ½ Clan, 7th Ranked male hunter

---Uva (15) – ½ Clan mate of Vorv

------Broov (4) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan)

------Ugra (3) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others)

Grod (29) – son of the mate of Zoug, 8th Ranked male hunter (Brown Bear totem)
---Uka (25) – Ebra’s sister

Droog (31) – toolmaker, Aga’s second mate, 10th Ranked male hunter

---Aga (24) – Droog’s second mate
------Groob (6) – Aga’s son born to Droog’s hearth

Borg (9) – 11th Ranked male hunter, (Boar totem)

---Ona (9) – (Owl totem)

Brac (8) – Oga’s first son, 12th Ranked hunter (bison totem)
---Aba (35) (ground squirrel totem)

Chapter 11: Iga and Groog

“This mog-ur wonders if the new leader will want to participate in the men’s ceremony?” asked Goov.

“No, this Weech may be the Leader, but she is still a woman,” signed Luna. “This Leader will continue to participate in the women’s ceremony.”

This would be their first Men’s ceremony since Goov had become the mog-ur. He had tried leading a few when he had been Creb’s acolyte and learned that he would never have the magical ability to link minds and direct memories that his predecessor had. So Goov was glad that Creb had agreed to lead the Men’s ceremony. He knew that when Creb was gone, he would be missed.

As Creb had, since Zar had had joined the Clan, he quickly sent them back to a time from before the Clan and the Others had diverted from each other. When he tried taking them back to more recent memories, there was a strange ‘stereo’ affect as they viewed both their Clan memories and Zar’s Others memories from the same era. Directing it gave Creb a headache.

Creb took them back to a time before the Clan, when females had ruled. Their bodies were covered in black fur. The troop of apes had found a cluster of fruit. So before they could eat, each of the females had to relieve the needs of the dominant female. After servicing her, each female had to service the 2nd ranked female, then the 3rd ranked and so on until each of the females were satisfied. Then it was the males turn. Each of them had to service the dominant female, then the 2nd ranked female and so on until everyone had relieved the needs of everyone else. Only then, could they divide and eat the food.

As Iga was carried to the hearth, she wondered if this strange man intended to force her. She didn’t see that he gave her “the signal”. She didn’t even perceive that he had made any kind of sign. When she failed to respond, He went to his own bed and left her in hers as he went to sleep. As she drifted off to sleep, Iga heard drumming coming from outside the cave, but from her vantage point, she couldn’t see what was causing the sound.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The next morning after Ayla had fed her family, which now included her, mate, two children and a centaur, she took Iza over to Creb’s hearth.

“Luna, could you watch Iza and Ekwus for me so this Woman can go hunting?” asked Ayla.

“Are you going hunting mama?” asked Durc. “Can this boy go hunting with you?”

Inwardly sighing, Ayla smiled at her son. She had planned to go hunting with her bow. But it would be too dangerous to hunt a large animal with her son in tow.

“Of course you can,” replied Ayla. “Go get your sling.”

“This Weech will be glad to watch them for you,” replied Luna, seeing the disappointment in her friend’s eyes. Luna took the girl from Ayla’s arms and held it. “Why don’t you take Ena and Eva with you?”

Durc came back with not just his sling, but also his small Clan spear that Grod had made for him and his small throwing spear that Zar had made for him.

Ayla smiled at her son’s enthusiasm. She took Durc deeper into the cave to Brog’s hearth.

“This woman is taking her son hunting,” signed Ayla. “Would you and Eva like to go with us?”

Ena was stunned. She hadn’t really believed that she would actually be allowed to hunt.

“Yes, we would like to come!” signed Ena.

As he saw them leaving the cave, Grev was disappointed. Seeing Durc gather his weapons made him think that his former milk-brother was going to practice hunting. But when he saw Durc leave with a group of women, he decided that they weren’t going to practice hunting after all. Maybe the new boy, Boov, would be interested in hunting practice?

The hunt was more of a practice session as Ayla taught the other three how to spot animal signs and practiced with the sling. Durc was already showing that he had inherited his mother’s knack with the sling. Ena and Eva were discouraged by their poor results until Ayla explained how long it had taken her to learn to use the sling. Ayla still managed to bring down a couple of geese, in spite of the noisy presence of the other three.

After retrieving her daughter and the centaur from Creb’s hearth, Ayla got to work on preparing the geese for dinner. She dug a pit oven and lined it with rocks where she built a roaring fire. She had room at their hearth for this because, Luna had made a point of giving Zar and Vorn hearths twice the size of anyone else’s so that the Medicine Women would have room to take care of patients. After a couple of hours, Ayla scraped the fire out of the pit, put the geese in with some vegetables and covered them with a large flat rock that Droog had to help her lift. Then she built a big fire on top of the rock to help cook the geese.

Zar came back late with Brog and Vorv. But by then the dinner was cooked.

“Brog and Vorv were interested in my throwing spears,” explained her mate. “We spent the day practicing with them. It looks like we will need to make many more.”

“This woman guesses that Goog will want to learn how to throw spears too,” observed Ayla, as she began scaping the fire off of the rock. “You should make enough for him too.”

“That is a good idea,” signed Zar. “Let this man help you lift that rock.”

After Ayla had fed her family and put the children to sleep, She and Zar sipped their tea in silence for awhile. When the sounds of Creb relieving Luna’s need began to emanate from the next hearth, Zar gave Ayla the Signal. She learned forward and pressed her lips to his. It had been a long time since they had relieved each other’s needs. The frantically fumbled to untie each other’s wraps as they felt their passion grow. Soon, Ayla’s moans were drowning out Luna’s as her mate thoroughly relieved her needs.

Iga had been surprised that this strange man hadn’t forced her last night. With two broken legs, she wasn’t very mobile. She could crawl around a little on her hands and knees. Fortunately, the women of clan had stocked the hearth with a variety of materials so she would have things to do. There was a supply of reeds so Iga contented her self with basket weaving for the day. Although there was food, Groog wouldn’t eat unless, Iga cooked for him. So, she cooked for the two of them so that they could eat. The sound of pleasures caused Iga to turn her head until her eyes came upon the sight of the Earth Mother sharing pleasures with the ugliest, most deformed, mangled buck flathead she had ever seen! Then the other blonde woman began share pleasures with that abomination of mixed spirits. Soon the entire pack of flatheads were sharing pleasures. Iga wondered if Groog would force her now. How could he control himself when all this was going on? But when she fearfully looked at him, he just wrung his hands and went off to sleep in his own bed. When the sounds of pleasures finally died down, Iga curled up in her bed and went to sleep.

Over the next fortnight, Iga and Groog spent their days making things. They had the supplies to make many baskets, and furs and stone tools Although she wasn’t a great flint knapper, Groog was very excited by her technique of working flint and tried his best to imitate it. She showed him how to make a throwing spear. (She didn’t know that Zar was busy teaching the other newcomers how to make and throw spears.)

Durc, Boov and Broov became interested in throwing spears and often went with the men when they were practicing with them. He also spent a lot of time playing hunting with Grev.

Ayla combined the women’s task of plant gathering with sling and bow practice for Luna, Ena and Eva. By now, Ugra was expressing interest too. Luna and Ayla took their youngest children and the Ekwus on these little excursions too.

Finally, the period of isolation ended. Iga didn’t know what to think when Groog picked her up and carried her to a rock outside the cave after dinner. She was relieved when the Earth Mother and the other women came out to join her. The other blond woman was carrying a bowl around for each of the women to sip from. When it was brought to her, Iga took a sip. She instantly recognized the tea in the bowl as datura. Were they trying to poison her? No, they couldn’t be, as they were all drinking from this bowl. Perhaps this was a weak enough infusion to cause an altered mental state? Iga drank more when the bowl was brought around again. Once it was empty, the blonde woman began tapping out a rhythm on the bowl. As the woman got up and began to dance, Iga felt the urge to join them and wished that her legs were healed. The beat of the bowl-drum was compelling! It reminded her of a Mother festival. She wasn’t surprised when the women began throwing off their wraps. Watching the naked women writhe gave her and urge to share pleasures or even pleasure her self! Iga resisted the urge with great difficulty! It was considered taboo amongst her people to pleasure yourself. It was thought to be selfish to have the urge to share pleasures and not share them with another, to keep them for your self. It was especially taboo for a woman like her to pleasure herself! So Iga, pulled off her tunic and danced with the top half of her body as she sat on the rock.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The next morning, Groog carried Iga back to their hearth. They were both too tired and slept most of the morning before she awaked and made them a meal.

In the afternoon, Groog went hunting after carrying Iga over to Zar’s hearth to work with and socialize with Ayla. Luna levitated her back to her hearth in time to make dinner for herself and Groog.

After dinner, Groog made that peculiar hand-wringing motion that he often made, especially after dinner. Iga supposed that it was a nervous habit. He then, got a disappointed look on his face and left their hearth.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

After dinner, Groog gave his mate the signal. During their period of isolation, he had grown quite found of this woman of the Others and had given her the Signal many times especially,after dinner. But she had never responded. She hadn’t even acknowledged him enough to refuse him. With disappointment, he went to Creb’s hearth. The Leader, Luna, had made him promise not to force his mate if she didn’t comply when he signaled her. Luna had told him that if he needed his needs relieved, she would always be available. Well, now he had needs.

When Groog approached Crebs hearth, he called out:

“Luna?” and gave her the signal.

Luna gave him a smile and assumed the position.

After Groog had relieved his need, she found that she still hadn’t, so she turned to Creb and gave him the signal. Creb had a happy look in his eye as he pulled her into a kiss. While they licked each other’s tongues, Luna untied her mate’s wrap so she could run her hands across his body as he was doing to her.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Iga watched Groog leave their hearth and go to Creb’s. He made that hand-wringing motion at the Earth Mother and she had turned and gotten on all fours. She watched as her mate lifted the Earth Mother’s wrap and began sharing pleasures with her. By the time he was done, the Goddess had taken off her wrap. When Groog came back to their hearth, the Earth Mother turned to her flathead and wrung her hands at him before kissing him. As she continued to stare at the Earth Mother sharing pleasures with that ugly old flathead she wondered. Could that hand-wringing gesture be a request for pleasures? How many times over the past half-moon had she seen Groog making that same gesture at her? As she looked around the cave, she saw the flatheads were making other signs. They were talking with their hands!

The next evening, things went as usual at Groog’s hearth. After dinner, he was sipping tea when Iga suddenly rose to her knees and pulled her tunic off over her head, revealing her naked body to him. Before he could, she gave him the signal!

“You can’t give me that signal! That’s a man’s sign!” gestured Groog.

But she didn’t understand his signs and instead, pressed her lips to his. When she started untying his wrap, he got the message. They did have a bit of confusion, as she wanted to relieve his needs while lying on her back, but Groog found he liked the new position.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This next morning, Luna was nursing Zeen and Winter Sleeper when she happened to glance over at Zar’s hearth and saw Ayla nursing Iza and Ekwus. As watched her, Luna realized that they really need a source of dairy products. But the Clan was having enough trouble coping with the changes she’d already made. Perhaps, next year?

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

As spring turned into summer, it became apparent to the Clan that the centaur was maturing very fast, as fast as a horse! Winter Sleeper had also matured fast and they were both weaned now.

Iga was making great progress in learning the ancient sign language of the Clan. She was also learning to understand English, as were the other new members of the Clan. But just as the Clan and Zar were incapable of making the complex sounds of English, so too, were Uva and Broov. The rest of the newcomers were learning to speak English, including Ekwus.

All of the new men were learning how to throw spears, but none of them had killed anything yet. In the meantime, the men relied on the hunting tactics that they had used since Zar had joined the Clan and were quite successful with them. Durc, Boov and Ekwus were also learning to use the throwing spear.

The women didn’t get much hunting done, however. Ayla and Luna’s hands were kept full with their youngest children and animals. So, rather than hunt, they would take the children with them and train Ena and Eva with the sling and the bow. Iga joined in too and quickly saw the value of the bow. In order to get to the practice area, Ayla would levitate her. Luna always stood by to take over if when Ayla’s spell failed. Luna would have to keep her levitated into an upright position to use weapons anyway.

The women also gathered a lot of wild vegetables and herbs to supplement their diet. Iga seemed to have an eye for mushrooms and would often point ones out as she floated by that even Ayla would miss.

Finally, near the end of summer, it was time to take off Iga’s casts.

“Now, your legs will be weak when they first come off,” warned Ayla as she and Uba removed the casts.

“Bad legs! Bad legs!” signed Iga, when she saw her shrunken, atrophied legs.

“You are going to have to walk only a little bit at a time until your legs get stronger,” signed Uba. “Now let Ayla and I help you walk.”

When they helped her to her feet the realized for the first time just how tall the woman of the Others was. She was taller than Ayla. Only Zar was taller than her. It was quickly clear that Uba was too short to help her walk.

“Luna, come help us!” Ayla called in English.

Luna rushed over and with Iga leaning on one on each side, she was able to walk a few steps before they had to help her to the ground.

“Maybe she should ride on Ekwus’ back,” suggested Luna. “Would you be willing to carry Iga around until her legs get stronger?” Luna asked the Centaur.

This centaur not think of carrying person on back before,” replied Ekwus.

“This woman thinks that we should try it before we put Iga on his back,” admonished Ayla. “Will you let me ride you, Ekwus?”

“Sure, mama,” replied the centaur.

Ayla climbed onto the back of the centaur and sat for a moment. He took a few steps. When she didn’t fall off, he started trotting around.

“I want to see how fast you can go with me on your back,” said Ayla in English.

When he began galloping, Ayla wrapped her arms around his waist and held on tight. He ran in a wide circle and made his way back to where the women were.

Ayla slid off of him came around in front of him.

“That was Wonderful!” signed Ayla as she pulled her adopted son into a hug.

“This girl next!” signed Eva, enthusiastically.

Ekwus was a good sport and gave, Eva, Ena and Luna fast rides before Luna levitated Iga onto his back. She quickly grew comfortable riding him and for the rest of the summer and into fall, he gave her the mobility she need to gather plants and especially, mushrooms.

Groog really noticed the improvement in her cooking once she became mobile. The two of them fell deeper and deeper in love as her communications skills increased. Because of her inability to make sounds, she had to make up signs to substitute for names of people.

“You can’t just make up signs!” protested Creb.

“This Woman tired of calling everyone that man or that woman,” signed back Iga.

“But it’s the Ancient language! It’s unchanging!” countered Creb.

“It this woman’s only language!” reminded Iga.

As fall turned into winter, the Clan was better prepared for a long winter than they had ever been.

Throughout the winter, Luna continued to teach Creb and Ayla some magic. The new members of the Clan learned this Clan’s dialect. Iga’s command of the ancient language grew. The English and literacy classes had expanded to include, Ayla, Iga, Zar, Durc, Brog, Ena, Eva, Vorv, and Ekwus.

Winter Sleeper had become much too big to share a hearth with Creb’s family. Now that it was time for hibernation, Luna tried to persuade her to sleep in the other cave. But it was Zeen’s waking her up every morning that finally persuaded the Cave Bear to use the other cave. Luna still had to catch her son at least once a day before he disturbed the bear. Ekwus, moved in with the bear too.

The Clan was experiencing a baby boom this winter. Uba, Ovra, Iga, Ika, Oga Uva and Ona were all due to give birth this spring.

But there was also a death during the winter. Ebra contracted a cold from which she never recovered. Brac and Aba moved into Brun’s hearth. Aba was quite fond of the former leader and often encouraged him to relieve his needs with her. Brac had been surprised at what a good mate she had turned out to be. At first he had relieved his needs mostly with Ona. But his mate won him over and soon he had been using her more. But when he saw what affection she had for Brun, Brac asked Luna to make her Brun’s mate in the spring. He could live at their hearth until one of the girls became a woman.

It was and early spring morning when Ayla was awakened by Uba.

“Uba, what are you doing here so early?” asked Ayla.

“It’s time,” signed Uba. “My baby is coming!”

Ayla spread out a birthing fur and got her adopted sister comfortable. Because their mates were medicine women, Zar and Vorn were given hearths that were twice the size of anyone else’s. This gave their mates room for patients. Ayla looked over at her sleeping mate and children. She’d let them sleep for now, but they wouldn’t be able to stay for the birth. Ayla started work on a breakfast for Uba and their families. As each member of her family awoke, she would send them to Creb’s hearth with their food.

After Iga and Groog had their morning meal, Groog went to visit with Creb, while waddled over to Zar’s hearth. Her baby was almost ready to come.

“How is she?” asked Iga.

“My labor is still in the early stages,” replied Uba. “This may be a long birth.”

Ayla nodded her agreement.

“This woman will stay and help,” stated Iga. “She had delivered several babies before.”

“This woman is grateful for your help,” signed Ayla.

Uba’s labor continued all day. All of the women and girls came around to help. Around noon, Ovra’s, Labor started and she sat down next to Uba. By evening Ika was in labor too. Shortly afterwards, Oga’s labor started. During the night, Uva and Ona went into labor.

By dawn the next morning, Ayla and Iga were frantically caring for the horde of laboring mothers at the hearth.

“Iga, come over here! Uba’s baby is coming!” signed Ayla, frantically.

“This woman can’t! Oga’s baby is coming too!” replied Iga.

“Mine too!” signed Ona.

“And This woman’s!” signed Ovra
Sign up to rate and review this story