Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Alternative Options

Alternative Options

by DrowCrazy

Harry doesn't go to Hogwarts. Harry goes to Bermuda Magical School. Harry is rich, independent, and becomes a parent. Dumbledore is manipulative.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 1275 words

?Blocked
Disclaimer: I do not own the HP Verse.

Chapter One
SO IT BEGINS

Harry James Potter would be turning 7 years old in a weeks time. Harry was currently still being confined to his cupboard because of an accident he had, he had broken some of Petunia's best dishes.

On this bright day in question Harry was weeding the back garden. His uncle was off at work, Dudley was down the street hanging out with his friends, and his aunt was watching her shows on the tellie.

Unbeknownst to Harry or Petunia, there was a lady making the way to the door of Number Four Privet Drive. The lady was Headmistress Tralla of Bermuda Magical School. Headmistress Tralla walked to the door and rang the door bell. Petunia answered the door.

"Good Afternoon, my name is Headmistress Tralla, I am from Bermuda Prepatory Institute, may I come in," Headmistress Tralla told the horse faced woman that stood before her.

"Come in," Petunia told the woman warmly.

Petunia showed the woman to her living room and made some tea, then they had a nice little talk.

"I am here about your nephew. You see we scout all over the world for students who are academically above average. If a student can not pay for school we make sure that funding is available for them. We would like your nephew to come to our school. His record shows that he has the potential we are looking for in someone his age, we like to get our students young so that they have a more extensive education. Our school is a year around school. Do you think you would be interested in letting your nephew come," the Head mistress asked Petunia.

"Yes, but I would like to hear more," Petunia said.

"Well most of our students go on to work for various governments. We have 25 alumni that have won Nobel Prizes," the Headmistress said.

"Really," Petunia asked. Petunia's mind was racing over the fact that her nephew would be going to a normal school rather than a freakish school. He would become a pillar of society, even possibly become very prestigious.

"Yes, you see we use orthodox and very unorthodox methods in teaching our students. We find that it improves learning and the learning environment," the Headmistress told Petunia.

"When would he start," Petunia asked.

"As soon as your ready for him to leave. I could take him with me if you like," the Headmistress told Petunia.

"That would be lovely. I can have him ready to leave by in the morning, if you would like," Petunia told her.

"That is more than acceptable," the Headmistress replied.

"Would he need to bring anything with him," Petunia asked.

"No our student wear a uniform and we supply everything that they could possibly need," the Headmistress told Petunia.

"I will have him ready to go by 9 am in the morning if that is acceptable to you," Petunia said hesitantly.

"Yes very acceptable," the Headmistress replied.

The Headmistress left a very happy Petunia in her wake. Not five minutes after the Headmistress had left Harry was called into the house, made to wash up, and then sit down and listen to Petunia.

"In the morning you will be leaving to go to a school for children who are above average. You are going there on a scholarship, so you had better not let you grades drop. If you get kicked out of this school you will be in the cupboard for a year. You will be leaving at 9 in the morning with the Headmistress," Petunia told the boy.

The next morning at 9:10 am Harry was leaving Number 4 with his new Headmistress. The Headmistress had called a Cab and her and Harry were making their way downtown. They stopped at a little diner to get some food.

"Harry there are some things I have to talk to you about," the Headmistress said after they had ordered some breakfast.

"I am the Headmistress of Bermuda Magical School. The school is the reason the Bermuda triangle exists. The reason I want you to come to the school is because you are magical. I have found through research that your parents were magical and they went to a school in Scotland that most British witches and wizards go to. They do not start school until the age 11 and they let out for the Summer. My school is a year round school and we take children as young as 6 years old. We would have gotten you when you were 6 but your magic wasn't registered by our scryers, I am sorry to say. As soon as I found out you had magic I researched the best method or guise to sweep you up under," the Headmistress told a more than confused young boy.

"My parents had magic," the boy stated more in wonder than in anything else.

"Yes and they were murdered by a wizard that the British Wizarding World considers to be a Dark Lord," the Headmistress told the young boy.

"Why," Harry asked.

"Because there is a prophecy, one that he believed involved himself and... you," the Headmistress said giving the boy a calculating look, curious how he would react to this information.

"He was after me," the boy whispered.

"Yes."

"He killed my parent to get to me," the boy muttered as his eyes glazed over and went a cloudy white.

Harry watched the scene that lay before him. He saw his father fight the man with red eyes, he saw his father fall to the man with red eyes, he saw his mother try and protect him, and then he saw his mother fall protecting him, she fought even when she knew that she had no chance of winning. Harry then saw the man with red eyes turn his stick, no- his wand, on a younger Harry, he saw a spell cast and reflected back almost as if by a mirror. The red mans boy turned to dust, his robes floated to the ground shapelessly, and the younger Harry was laying in his bassinet crying and bleeding from his forehead. The vision changed.

An older man with white hair and a white flowing beard looked and the younger Harry with disgust.
"I will let you grow up with your Aunt and Uncle they hate magic and they will hate you. When I come for you when you are 11 you will be grateful and will listen to every word that I say without question. Then, in the end, you will die when you kill him. I will make sure the rift between your minds and souls are so warped and intertwined that for one of you to die, means that both of you are to die. And if there comes a time when I think that you will no longer follow my commands, then I will fake my death to bind you further to my will," the old man told the unaware gurgling toddler.

Harry's eyes came back into focus. He wasn't sure how to put what he saw into words, wasn't sure if he wanted to. How could a human person be so cold hearted towards a child?

"You have just had a vision, majority of our students come to us without any precognitive abilities, it seems that you have some however," the Headmistress said in a thoughtful manner.

Breakfast was wrapped up, Harry and the Headmistress walked out of the diner and around the corner. The Headmistress pulled Harry to her and then made them both disappear.

Harry had squeezed his eyes shut as soon as the Headmistress had pulled him to her.
Sign up to rate and review this story